Thanks from a roamer

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

While I fully understand the issues the patch brings, I am creating a new thread as I don’t agree with certain things in the threads before this.

I LOVE the new small teams fighting the new ruins and capture points give roamers. We have been neglected for so long, and this opens it up to us. I just wanted to say thank you. I feel like I have something to do now.

I kind of like the Buff, but I realize it should be an optional buff. Many people don’t recognize SPvP as the place to go duel, and WvW is the next best thing. I liked an idea posted which said you should be able to pick the buff up somewhere if your server has it.

I’m confused, however, by the lag. Is it lag from the new PvE event? Or are new calculations throwing your servers into overdrive? Hopefully it works itself out, as I was missing a lot in my fights today due to lag.

All in all, I’m pumped by this patch, and I’ve heard from a lot of people in game on how excited they are as well. One day in, I’ve had a lot of fun.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

as long as people remember one thing.

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Most of the zergs couldn’t even follow me tonight, I was ducking in the small alleyways and circling behind them to pick off stragglers, I got caught a few times but had way more kills then you would before the new map. Maybe its being in a balanced teir (1) but the buff changed hands so much it wasn’t even an issue.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

I agree. I’m currently burnt out from regular organized zergvzerg so I mostly roam around now, and these mini “spvp” zones are a great addition for those looking for more small scale fights.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: NineOnine.4327

NineOnine.4327

I 100% agree with the OP. I think a lot of people on the forum just looked at the patch notes and started posting before they played for a few hours.

Since the patch the PPT in my match up has been closer than it has been all week, so if anything, so far its balanced the match up not tilted the points to the wining team.
I’ve not seen more than a minor orb buff on myself and that keeps flicking on and off, so the stats boost isn’t anywhere near as bad as people make out.

It really does make the game more fun. On paper it looks terrible, in practice its been great so far. Thank you Anet.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Agreed, roaming has never been so much fun. I wish every part of the wvw maps had this much detail and thought put into them. There’s just so many good places to fight, escape, jump. It’s pretty kitten good. Don’t even care about the orb buffs, they only affect those rare extremely balanced fights, people die with or without orbs if you are good enough.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I actually love the new zone… I just hate the buff. The buff itself is terrible and killing WvW. The servers we were up against just gave up, and there were no fights at all. We had to call our raid 3 hours early, because after the 10th keep flip, it just becomes boring.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Need an additional map, but instead say “you don’t HAVE to be a thief”

Still liking the new map. but the buff ehhh not so much.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Mbelch.9028

Glad to see some other optimistic people on this thread.

Paralda, I can understand. I don’t exactly know if that was the top SoS time though. It might be time for Pyro to establish 5-10 mans and coordinate havoc groups. You do that and you can consider me a member.

I’m Nex btw.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Hmmm… Mbelch, this post has been up for 9 hours. And it has very minimal people posting here.

I think the majoirity of folks do not like the WvW changes as a “whole.” I’ll agree that the Ruins area is fun as hell to fight small battles in. (I had a 2 vs 5+ man fight in the Ruins and me and Paragues kicked kitten! Very FUN!) But, if given a choice, I WOULD NOT sacrifice what WvW was before the update for what it is presently with the update. I’d roll back WvW to pre-update status due to the horrid BL Bloodlust mechanic. It would be sad to lose the new Ruins area, but I can’t play WvW against high coverage zergs with triple BL Bloodlust. (Sure, we were already getting our teeth kicked in pre-update. Now… we’re getting that plus stomped in the privates.)

Respectfully,

Moonlight [THRU]

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Hate the buff. Was up this mornin and roaming with a buddy. Without guard buffs we ran into a pair of guys who had full guard buffs and the +150 to all stats and I’m just like “Why the kitten am I dealin with this kitten?” and logged out.

Gate of Madness

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I actually love the new zone… I just hate the buff. The buff itself is terrible and killing WvW. The servers we were up against just gave up, and there were no fights at all. We had to call our raid 3 hours early, because after the 10th keep flip, it just becomes boring.

WTF are you talking about? Your server is down by 60k points. You are far from dominating this match.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I love the map change, really fun. So far the stat boost does not seems too important, we will see how it goes in couple more weeks, especially for smaller servers.

Blackgate Engineer

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Mbelch, what server do you play on?

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

My experience thus far has been that the stat buff has not been make or break for my ability to roam. Last night i had a laughably easy time hitting targets on the map as the counter groups from my opponents had to keep falling back to maintain the middle of the map and keep their control. This anchor for them made is easily to havoc in the northern borderlands and also ensured i would be able to keep them from pushing towards either the western side of the map or the eastern side of the map too ardently without putting pressure on the opposite side of the new capture points.

It seems to me the objectives and the map changes are ultimately good for WvW as they force more strategic allocation of resources and forces to manage a map, making offensives and counters to bunkering easier.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Mbelch.9028

I am on Maguuma. Granted we are known for roamers and trolls, so perhaps each server should train up a roamer core.

Hmmm… Mbelch, this post has been up for 9 hours. And it has very minimal people posting here.

I think the majoirity of folks do not like the WvW changes as a “whole.” I’ll agree that the Ruins area is fun as hell to fight small battles in. (I had a 2 vs 5+ man fight in the Ruins and me and Paragues kicked kitten! Very FUN!) But, if given a choice, I WOULD NOT sacrifice what WvW was before the update for what it is presently with the update. I’d roll back WvW to pre-update status due to the horrid BL Bloodlust mechanic. It would be sad to lose the new Ruins area, but I can’t play WvW against high coverage zergs with triple BL Bloodlust. (Sure, we were already getting our teeth kicked in pre-update. Now… we’re getting that plus stomped in the privates.)

Respectfully,

Thanks for your comment. I could go either way on the buff really. I have beaten people with it while I don’t have it, and I am not worried about an enemy having 50+ stats on me. A full 150 would be OP, but then why would I faceroll into someone with +150. I’d eliminate his stacks of bloodlust then engage.

Yes, simpler said than done, but it prompts some strategic play. Of that there is no doubt.

I most frequently am in 2v1s and I haven’t felt much pain on the stat front yet. I’m an elementalist, so yes stuns and dazes work well against me. But I am still having a decent time. I’ve even had the pleasure of mingling with other roamers.

I can see the negatives, as I said, and I hope they make the buff optional.

Take care and happy roaming!

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

While I fully understand the issues the patch brings, I am creating a new thread as I don’t agree with certain things in the threads before this.

I LOVE the new small teams fighting the new ruins and capture points give roamers. We have been neglected for so long, and this opens it up to us. I just wanted to say thank you. I feel like I have something to do now.

I kind of like the Buff, but I realize it should be an optional buff. Many people don’t recognize SPvP as the place to go duel, and WvW is the next best thing. I liked an idea posted which said you should be able to pick the buff up somewhere if your server has it.

I’m confused, however, by the lag. Is it lag from the new PvE event? Or are new calculations throwing your servers into overdrive? Hopefully it works itself out, as I was missing a lot in my fights today due to lag.

All in all, I’m pumped by this patch, and I’ve heard from a lot of people in game on how excited they are as well. One day in, I’ve had a lot of fun.

So in essence you are glad they added more capture points to fight over? Notice how the position of the capture points resembles spvp maps? Notice how spvp was always there to try and check it out?

You do realize they just added spvp areas to the center of wvw with the added disadvantage of the pve imbalance in the game?

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Most of the zergs couldn’t even follow me tonight, I was ducking in the small alleyways and circling behind them to pick off stragglers, I got caught a few times but had way more kills then you would before the new map. Maybe its being in a balanced teir (1) but the buff changed hands so much it wasn’t even an issue.

You’re a thief. You’re supposed to be a cheap class and use your broken mechanics to get away.

I don’t see how this changed with these map changes..

The buff will be an issue since the majority of the time it will be in the hands of the zerg. Also, larger server means more people are available to capture those points so this mechanism rewards players on big servers for..paying for the transfrers to those big servers..huh..funny that..

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

I’m actually fairly pleased with the way things have turned out. Thus far most of my posts on these forums have been critical of a.net’s conduct, but in this case I think it’s time to give some credit where credit is due. The cap point system – even if it is half lifted from sPvP – is actually fairly well designed. Moving between points requires navigating difficult terrain, which makes it (even more) inefficient to simply roll over them all in succession with a zerg, and opens up a significant window of opportunity for other points to flip while you’re fighting elsewhere. The resulting buff has a real and noticeable effect on the score without marginalizing the importance of controlling other objectives, and it creates an important purpose for smaller teams in WvW. All in all, in terms of design, it’s difficult not to be happy with the changes.

…except for one thing. I can’t say that I’m in love with the potential for +150 stats for one team. Or, more importantly, the fact that even more stat point buffs are being added to WvW to begin with. With all the potential sources for extra stat buffs (consumables, WvW rank buffs, more ascended gear, etc) we’re fast approaching a point where the power creep is becoming unhealthy for the format. It isn’t a deal breaker or anything, but there’s a limit to how many of these passive stat buffs you can sprinkle around in various places before the cumulative effects begin to distort the gameplay. Not to mention that I don’t see why they’re necessary in the first place, as the added +war score upon stomping would have been more than enough incentive to make an effort out of controlling the points to begin with.

At the very least, if a.net insists on keeping the stat buffs, they could scale them back a bit (say, minor is +20, major is +50, superior is 100). But other than that, and a few annoying bugs that came along with the patch, it’s hard not to be excited about the changes. These are only initial impressions of course, it’ll be interesting to see the long-term effects of the patch once the format settles – but for now at least, things are looking good. So well done a.net!

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

You’re a thief. You’re supposed to be a cheap class and use your broken mechanics to get away.

I don’t see how this changed with these map changes..

The buff will be an issue since the majority of the time it will be in the hands of the zerg. Also, larger server means more people are available to capture those points so this mechanism rewards players on big servers for..paying for the transfrers to those big servers..huh..funny that..

assumptions are not good sir, i play my nerco more then my thief and was doing roaming on necro last night. i agree that the server with the larger wvw pop is going to have the bodies to spare to go for the buff compared to the one who dont, the issue is some of the servers that have a large population dont have active wvw players, what do you do about that?

also, saying this is spvp dropped in wvw is stupid, you do know that all of wvw is conquest mode pvp, right? the zerg just happens to need to knock down a door and kill an nps before they get to stand in there circle.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

Thanks from a WvWer

before, we would just move along and leave roamers alone per commander’s orders, not worth the time and effort killing them when we could be doing something more productive for PPT

now, gotta love those easy points. no roaming group escapes alive. we will interrupt any 1v1, 2v2 or GvG we find if we can get points doing so.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’m not a roamer so I actually think I’m going to stay out of the center area, mostly. I can see how roamers and small group players like the area. I was getting my kitten kicked in there last night

And I think the people who said that zergs will just come in and roll over are incorrect. With the terrain and elevation the place is a deathtrap for zergs. I saw quite a few zergs purposely avoiding the area; when before they would just swim across the lake – they were being forced to skirt around the center now.

It may not split up the zergs. But it will give small groups more to do. And it may even make the zergs smaller because people leave the zerg to do small group in the center.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Zergs that come in the middle will likely lose half their people to the skirmishing roamers (people squirreling off to chase a few people and possibly getting stomped). It’ll be interesting to see how my guild does tonight roaming.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

(edited by Avatar of Belle.9623)

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

I also want to say how pleased I am with these changes! Zergs have no reason to be getting these points, but zergs can still benefit from the roamers. I zerg, but I also roam a lot or break off from a zerg I feel isn’t worthy of my time. These cap points are the best place to be, and they’re not a big open field that zergs can traverse as easily.

The finishers for points is just genius: zergs hardly get finishers! If they want to, they’ll have to coordinate, and this gives one final boon to a player downed from a zerg: get yourself killed, but not finished.

While higher population servers could get more people on to hold these down, I can’t say it’s been the case in my four hours of WvW so far vs. a team that has double the points of my world.

Bravo. :} Now let’s get leagues started.

(edited by Vael Victus.2654)

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Mbelch.9028

Many people don’t recognize SPvP as the place to go duel, and WvW is the next best thing.

So in essence you are glad they added more capture points to fight over? Notice how the position of the capture points resembles spvp maps? Notice how spvp was always there to try and check it out?

You do realize they just added spvp areas to the center of wvw with the added disadvantage of the pve imbalance in the game?

I love when people skim and see what they want to see. Have you even played the new patch yet? Please don’t troll where there is no bridge. Thank you.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

Personally I think the addition of the ruins area caps are an interesting tactical mechanic designed to slow down zerg warfare by adding additional objectives. It also put an emphasis on having a presence on every borderlands – causing less pvd and more pvp to happen. Alot of complaints I notice are those of “we don’t have anyone to fight” or “oh yeah you just pvd on your BL” the fact that the points decay are nice in that when a smaller server needs to run a lightning op on an opponents borderland, all it takes is around 15 or so people to get that 3 stacks of world bloodlust. Sure your uptime, if you are a smaller server might not even be 20% but you can still tactically use it when you attack and be sure to hide when the other servers have it.

The main issue that people are reacting to is the idea that a server in a particular match-up is so outnumbered during their non-peak hours that they can’t play wvw due to the other team being able to camp the bloodlust ruins. Although this is a major concern when you are dealing with T1 and T2 servers when you are a T4-5 server, this isn’t much different from when there was no ruins and you were already outnumbered – just that the opponents now need to dedicate thier resources – when they are supposedly winning – to hold the bloodlust ruins so that they can maintain a lead / still win vs your 20-30 man afterhours zerg. I don’t presume to know how many numbers a server can muster off peak time – but like I said above, unless the other server has so many numbers that they can allocate 30-40 guys to camp bloodlust ruins just so they can maintain an advantage all the time during both your peak and non-peak hours without affecting their PPT capture ability, I don’t think we should be complaining.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Mbelch.9028

I also want to say how pleased I am with these changes! Zergs have no reason to be getting these points, but zergs can still benefit from the roamers. I zerg, but I also roam a lot or break off from a zerg I feel isn’t worthy of my time. These cap points are the best place to be, and they’re not a big open field that zergs can traverse as easily.

The finishers for points is just genius: zergs hardly get finishers! If they want to, they’ll have to coordinate, and this gives one final boon to a player downed from a zerg: get yourself killed, but not finished.

While higher population servers could get more people on to hold these down, I can’t say it’s been the case in my four hours of WvW so far vs. a team that has double the points of my world.

Bravo. :} Now let’s get leagues started.

I’ve got to say I agree. Anybody who thinks this benefits zergs is only correct in the PvD sense. I’ve escaped zergs by dragging them through the middle. If you coordinate roaming teams, your server can keep at least one buff if not two to all three. (Last night 4 players got and held a buff from a server by playing smart.. It’s not impossible.)

Servers and people complaining are currently the ones who A) Have yet to try it out. B ) Haven’t actually tried to strategize getting the points. C) Aren’t able to strategize.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Now we need all you roamed to start organizing 5-8 mans and stop relying on 15. Then it’ll get nasty in these ruins… 5 or 6 5-8 man teams running through there looking to wallop each other. Much better direction then dueling and setting up fights. Roam around find them, win them.

PAXA -GM

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The center of the map is now a constant action packed zone.

That said, it also feels like a distraction from what happens around the zone, what WvW used to be about.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Eihder.8961

Eihder.8961

Considering how one sided almost all matches have become, i have to call bs on this being good. Sorry but the orbs were removed for the very reason we are seeing, snowballing and all that. Personally i liked the water fights but the new ruins are nice, the buffs are just as dumb as they originally were removed for being. All the arguments against it have been made before and are now just being repeated. Still aint doing your crappy esport, other games to play.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Now we need all you roamed to start organizing 5-8 mans and stop relying on 15. Then it’ll get nasty in these ruins… 5 or 6 5-8 man teams running through there looking to wallop each other. Much better direction then dueling and setting up fights. Roam around find them, win them.

… —-> sPvP forum is that way….

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

See maybe its me but I remember the orbs being removed because they where easly exploited out of there spawn area, with the promise that a different mechanic would come later to replace them. Well its been close to a year and we have a new mechanic.

buff could be +5 to all stats and people would kitten.

you could switch outmanned and orb buff and people would kitten

no matter what Anet does people kitten, its no wonder they are not more vocal on the forums.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

When I was on last it was not small teams. We had 25+ just zerging from point to point in the runes….glad some one is likening it I and those I play with cant stand it and wish that well I wont say due to forum rules.

Perhaps as a thief roaming it could be fun with the abuse of stealth…other wise just not seeing it.

(edited by Bailey.6892)

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

its an awful addition, map design is just awful … it feels like khylo, some classes can tp to where other classes can do shiet, oh and how about them trees?u guys like trees? here have 1k trees so u cant see anything else than trees. Oh what if we put a cannon in some points just like in “raid of the capricorn” i heard that map is quite popular. Water combat? YES WATER COMBAT we cant just completely eliminate water from the game so lets put some in dumb places so people feel like we actually did something.
I almost forgot conquest!!1 the most popular type of game ever, what u guys are thinking? people that actually does wvw dont like conquest thats why they are not doing spvp. what is your obsession with pvcircle?.
You guys have a great combat system but seriously the way u implement stuff makes me think u guys got hit on the head or something.
Oh yeah im one of those dudes that dont give a crap about ppt or being zerg grunt, i actually do a lot of roam with my guild/solo.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I think the majoirity of folks do not like the WvW changes as a “whole.”

Or the majority of folks are, you know, playing, possibly enjoying themselves, and certainly not posting on this forum?

You’ve had stat buffs since launch for being the stronger server (10% Health and Healing), would you like to delete WvW as a whole or did you simply not realize that it already existed?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Or maybe it’s because you are a thief and have the most broken and unbalanced mechanic in the game – Stealth. If that ever gets fixed, then come back and see how well you do when you cant jump into stealth every 4 seconds.

Why they made Thief stealth the way it is i dont know, should have been a “at the right time” sort of mechanic not a “lol, watch me spam this broken mechanic and reset the fight if i am losing” or “lol, watch me stealth and kill you with my obscene damage”

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

Or maybe it’s because you are a thief and have the most broken and unbalanced mechanic in the game – Stealth. If that ever gets fixed, then come back and see how well you do when you cant jump into stealth every 4 seconds.

Why they made Thief stealth the way it is i dont know, should have been a “at the right time” sort of mechanic not a “lol, watch me spam this broken mechanic and reset the fight if i am losing” or “lol, watch me stealth and kill you with my obscene damage”

I have three maxed characters as per my sig, one of them is a thief, I was on my Necro. I prefer small man fights on my necro and you know what? I have no problem killing thieves. Still found the new area fun, still escaped the giant zerg and still killed of stragglers. Then again I built my toon to fight people not doors so maybe its me.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Ok so it works nicely to have 15 vs 1 in a small area but other then that I hate it. It encourages small-medium guilds to run around and slay 3 people at a time until the enemy brings in 30+ to kill them. I personally hate it but the BL bloodlust is kinda cool, WvW was so balanced before this is definitely what was needed to fix it all right? “Moar DMG” -Anet on every patch ever

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

I like the new area and the concept of it but the stat buff is kittening kittened. Why not give you some kind of PPT income multiplier or just Wxp Magic find buffs etc. Stat buffs are stupid from a guilds perspective or a roamers, kind of a deal breaker for me.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

Love the new BL design, I have alot of fun running around stomping things. I hate the bloodlust. 1v2s and 1v3s are really hard now with a +1 orb advantage. This buff really ruined WvW for me.

Verdánt

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

I’ll admit the level design is on point as usual. The art direction and level design teams are what make Guild Wars 2 worth my time…which is saying A LOT based on the state of this game.

That being said the architecture and technical implementation are an atrocity, as usual. The lag goes from kinda inconvenient to unplayable then back to kinda inconvenient so often that any genuine fun that could be had is soiled with this orb buff nonsense. Sure there’s obvious balance issues being ignored, but technical problems have plagued the mode since launch and with every addition they dig the hole a bit deeper. This patch has only proven positive they are stretched beyond their abilities as a team and beyond the limits of their architecture.

Do I agree this was a step in the right direction? Sure. Minus the orb buffs this was an excellent display of ANet’s talented level and art direction, and a welcomed shift in the meta game to provide “room to roam” so to speak.

Though as it stands I cannot say I’m enjoying it on account of the technical failures in its implementation. These orb buffs just aren’t meant to be…should just change the mechanic to award World score points and a localized buff to various allied locations.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

had fun roaming last night tonight not so much. People figured out that bloodlust is important now there are gps of 6-10 roaming the middle to cap pts not the small gps of 2-4 anymore.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Roaming around them is fun until you realize that your server does not have the population to hold them for long. Then it simply becomes pointless, especially when the server with all the buffs brings a 6-10 man group to zerg around the points. A single roamer has no chance at that point…that is the main problem.

I think a lot of things in WvW need to be adjusted based on server performance. More things like Siegerazer, but only for the losing team, and easier to use. So for the ruins, say the team who is struggling most gets a legendary defender to help out for a bit, or players take less damage the more their server is tanking.

This way you can at least slow a zerg down if nothing else.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Mbelch.9028

I appreciate all the comments on this thread. Glad to see some discussion, few unintelligent posts.

I already stated how I feel, but I will update: second night in a row (SOS, MAG, EBAY) has been so fun. In off peak hours, I capped a boarderland bloodlust on my own. So that is possible.

Even through others having the buff, it isn’t impossible to stop them from keeping it. It just requires more strategy.

To the person suggesting “roaming” is 15 man groups? That’s zerging, and I don’t do that. 1-5 is the most I do.

Today the buff was pretty evenly split up. Most the evening all three servers kept one buff. GvG guilds could theoretically send roamers out to keep an even number of buffs and level out games that way. Happy roaming all

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

WTF are you talking about? Your server is down by 60k points. You are far from dominating this match.

So it´s ok that buff makes people avoid combat and night/morning/day cap empty keeps instead?

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

The buff is extremely balanced here in T8. The buffs change hands VERY rapidly since any tiny group can go around flipping it easily, but in the end all 3 servers have 1 stack of the buff on average. The whole place is a heaven for roamers and coordinated havoc teams and I’ve encountered several great fights already. The best part is, no server has been able to stack all 3 of the buffs for any length of time, and even if you did find yourself in that situation, the remedy is as simple as getting a buddy, jumping to a random BL, and capping the buff there.

I find that having the buff doesn’t really make any difference to the overall game anyway. 99% of the time, the fight is decided already and you either smash the enemy or get smashed. Same with 1v1s, you’ve either gained the upper hand at the start, or find yourself playing defensively for the rest of the match and losing eventually. The buffs only really make a difference if the battle was extremely even to start with. People should not use the buff as an excuse for losing a fight; you would’ve lost it anyway without the buffs on either side, unless you got to the stage where you’re both downed and throwing rocks at each other.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Not being a PvP’er, this patch has made roaming in WvW less enjoyable for me.

I main an Eng in PvE which I use for late night roaming in WvW in the BLs. However, I’m far less inclined to do so now after this patch because:

• The changes have turned the bottom half of the Borderlands maps into a low reward PvP zone – if I wanted to PvP I wouldn’t be in WvW
  • The buff is far too powerful and prone to changing in the middle of a fight – I want to know I won or lost a fight because of skill, not because someone on a different map stood in a giant’s toilet at the right/wrong time.
  • Capping the buff is unrewarding and takes time away from more strategic activities
  • Solo roaming on my Eng is too easy when we’ve got the buff and a waste of time when my enemies have.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

if I wanted to PvP I wouldn’t be in WvW

I think you said all that we need to hear from you. Go kill Teq so others can take your place in WvW.

One – Piken Square

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

The North-East point lies on the fastest route from Garrison to Hills so expect a zerg there at any time.

The South-East point provides trebuchet positions so expect zergs there.

The Southern point provides trebuchet positions so expect zergs there too.

Holding a Bloodlust buff provides the zerg with a significant power boost, so expect a zerg…

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Yes please.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag