Thanks from a roamer

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

as long as people remember one thing.

The North-East point lies on the fastest route from Garrison to Hills so expect a zerg there at any time.

The South-East point provides trebuchet positions so expect zergs there.

The Southern point provides trebuchet positions so expect zergs there too.

Holding a Bloodlust buff provides the zerg with a significant power boost, so expect a zerg…

All of the above needs to be fixed. Anet, get to it.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

In T7/T8, you can cap the buff with just two people (requires minimal interference from the other servers). The new area is great for finding small fights and zergs (for the most part) leave it alone. We did run into a 6-8 man group once but they weren’t really interested in the buff.

I didn’t really notice the buff making too much of a difference in my fights. I still averaged about the same number of kills/deaths. I did have to respec my traits and utilities for more 1v1s as opposed to fighting small group of 5. I rather enjoying this random dueling aspect of WvW.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I didn’t really notice the buff making too much of a difference in my fights.

Its nice that, atleast during primetime, that each server has 1 buff and no one has all three.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP. Not really thanks from a roamer. The patch gives small teams something to do, and that is good. It destroys solo roamers though since usually it’s a 1vx situation anyway, and if the enemy has bloodlust, it makes the fight even harder.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

@style, I can still win my 1v1 matches (had to respec) even against someone with two bloodlust buffs. I am OP as a necro (except against stunlock warriors T_T)

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Style, I have done fine over the past two days. These past two days will assuredly have more people doing the new content then the next few weeks will hold. So yes, thanks from me, a roamer.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Not being a PvP’er, this patch has made roaming in WvW less enjoyable for me.

I main an Eng in PvE which I use for late night roaming in WvW in the BLs. However, I’m far less inclined to do so now after this patch because:

• The changes have turned the bottom half of the Borderlands maps into a low reward PvP zone – if I wanted to PvP I wouldn’t be in WvW
  • The buff is far too powerful and prone to changing in the middle of a fight – I want to know I won or lost a fight because of skill, not because someone on a different map stood in a giant’s toilet at the right/wrong time.
  • Capping the buff is unrewarding and takes time away from more strategic activities
  • Solo roaming on my Eng is too easy when we’ve got the buff and a waste of time when my enemies have.

Serious? You enter a PvP zone and then you complain about PvP being there? Erm…

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

OP +1

15 characters

Crazy Leg

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

just switch Bloodlust buff with Unmanned.

[ROCK]
Desolation

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Love the new BL design, I have alot of fun running around stomping things. I hate the bloodlust. 1v2s and 1v3s are really hard now with a +1 orb advantage. This buff really ruined WvW for me.

What he said. Also the almost perpetual lag.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

As a roamer I dislike the patch. Makes it hard to get around the map

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Most of the zergs couldn’t even follow me tonight, I was ducking in the small alleyways and circling behind them to pick off stragglers, I got caught a few times but had way more kills then you would before the new map. Maybe its being in a balanced teir (1) but the buff changed hands so much it wasn’t even an issue.

Cool story Bro…..and its exactly that. Post video or it didn’t happen…Like zergs don’t take all paths through that area….

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Most of the zergs couldn’t even follow me tonight, I was ducking in the small alleyways and circling behind them to pick off stragglers, I got caught a few times but had way more kills then you would before the new map. Maybe its being in a balanced teir (1) but the buff changed hands so much it wasn’t even an issue.

Cool story Bro…..and its exactly that. Post video or it didn’t happen…Like zergs don’t take all paths through that area….

not your bro, also feel no need to video myself, so what if I did, guys like you would just be like “nice editing bro, lol!!!11!!1”

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Not being a PvP’er, this patch has made roaming in WvW less enjoyable for me.

I main an Eng in PvE which I use for late night roaming in WvW in the BLs. However, I’m far less inclined to do so now after this patch because:

• The changes have turned the bottom half of the Borderlands maps into a low reward PvP zone – if I wanted to PvP I wouldn’t be in WvW
  • The buff is far too powerful and prone to changing in the middle of a fight – I want to know I won or lost a fight because of skill, not because someone on a different map stood in a giant’s toilet at the right/wrong time.
  • Capping the buff is unrewarding and takes time away from more strategic activities
  • Solo roaming on my Eng is too easy when we’ve got the buff and a waste of time when my enemies have.

Serious? You enter a PvP zone and then you complain about PvP being there? Erm…

My mistake, I should have said sPvP.

I enjoy the PvP aspects of WvW, but I don’t to WvW just to duel, do small group fights and stand in giant toilet spaces. If I wanted to do that I’d spend all my time in GW2’s PvP zone.

There are far more ways to roam in WvW than just spending my time looking for small group fights – and that’s what I prefer to do. But this patch has made those less enjoyable for me, hence my down vote as a roamer.

Thanks from a roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’d like to add that this area really shows how some people have no idea how to PvP. I’m seeing bronze ranks who are absolutely horrible in 2v2 or similar small fights. Shows pretty well the rank doesn’t tell much about the skill of the individual, but rather just how long they’ve been running with the zerg.

Zenguy do I understand correctly that you like to roam but don’t want to fight people in small groups? What do you do as a roamer then? Ninja cap camps and run when enemy players come around? Or am I missing something here?

One – Piken Square