The Black Gate Issue

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Talzed.4153

Talzed.4153

It is becoming increasingly apparent that something has to be done with Black Gate, and probably the wvw server system in general.

Being on JQ, it is apparent that Blackgate is full or close to full during peak and most other times. This has to be a struggle for the player waiting to wvw maps to pop.

As a member of JQ, it is equally unfun to fight against them. Repeatedly getting run over by zergs three times your size is a problem. Going in every week, know that if you do your best and play a ton, the best you can hope for is second place is disapointing

I would think that you could expand the meta server system to remedy this issue. A soft cap, but you can join friends in up to a hard cap.

I know that this issue is complicated and that any remedy has to be well thought out, but something has to be done.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

dont worry BG has less population than CD it will be open again soon.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

BG deserves to be where it stands right now. It has been through a lot, people tried to “kill” it more than one time already, and BG always ended up stronger. Remember season two 2×1 with TC. And OnS going to somewhere else, taking a lot of guilds, and saying that they would kill BG. Ended up killing YB and all the others servers they went to, and BG, again, got out stronger.

Leave BG alone. Don’t poke the bear.

[HUE]

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

so funny seeing someone from jq qq’ing when they do the same thing to all the other servers

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The best way to fix the uncompetitive problem with BG is to either lower map caps, delete BG and allow limited servers, or delete all servers.

Which would you choose?

You all realize with the next xpac there will be a lot of returning WvW players. Players who quit BG and will return back to BG boosting their population even more. Of course Anet could force inactive accounts onto servers that lack population.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

The best way to fix the uncompetitive problem with BG is to either lower map caps, delete BG and allow limited servers, or delete all servers.

Which would you choose?

You all realize with the next xpac there will be a lot of returning WvW players. Players who quit BG and will return back to BG boosting their population even more. Of course Anet could force inactive accounts onto servers that lack population.

I would simply quit allowing BG to game the system. Do not reopen BG until they have been T2 or lower for months, and then make really sure that’s their true population before reopening their server.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

One idea would be to lower the map cap. This would have two desirable effects – reduce lag during fights and encourage people to spread out to avoid the larger queues that would result.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

The Devs allowed this to happen. They even encouraged it at first. Then they were fooled over and over and over again by the players on BlackGate.

I’m not sure why they haven’t addressed this already. Surely they are aware that the players have always taken advantage of the system in every previous RvR game to destroy competitive balance and the game mode overall. That’s why 2 faction RvR games always failed. GW2 is a 3 faction game, so theoretically it should work. DAoC did pretty well. But the Devs designed WvW poorly and allowed the players to take over.

The Devs have to fix this.

(edited by Grim West.3194)

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

Funny, going from the server nobody thought could win in season 1, to being the #1 NA server.

(edited by Klipso.8653)

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

BG is years of population manipulation, inadvertent or otherwise, leading to a huge imbalance in population compared to everywhere else.

Anet’s alg to calculate population is partly to blame. From everything we’ve been told about it, there’s nothing at all to account for inactive accounts becoming active. Stack on 4+ years of active → inactive cycling to the most in-demand server, and when large content comes back, suddenly all those years of “inactive” switch to “active”, and whoops!

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

If it stays at full 24/7 then the problem basically solves itself over time. BG players could get really screwed over when the expansion rolls out and they can’t play because their maps are permanently full because way more players.

I agree it’s a problem but I haven’t really heard any solution that doesn’t either just reproduce the problem with a different server or just nuke the playerbase of BG.

You could probably offer free transfers to selected link servers with very sensitive transfer caps and needle down the population cap for host servers? Idk.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

“becoming increasingly apparent”

slaps knee lol
you’re about four years too late on that comment.

The only way BG is going to get in line with all the other servers who have already destacked to a point, is to blow up wvw servers, too many sleeper accounts on there.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

JQ and BG are pretty stacked. I don’t know how one can complain about the other having “too many”

Native Maguuman

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

So, about BG being popular ‘issue’, as a pug in BG, I would attribute it to the solidarity of the community, the good relationship between active guilds and the great atmosphere that many veterans earnestly foster. I have many alt accounts in different servers where I occasionally jumped in wvw to farm gift of battle for. The team/map chat in BG is generally more tolerable, less meme, less misogynistic, less raging and very clear in callouts, objective watching status, etc. Outside of reset day, we never queue in all maps, only EB is queued. We have many commanders who patiently take in pugs, train them and float. They respond very quickly to our scouts’ call and scouts in BG are strong in numbers and quality. For the last 2 months, I’ve seen guilds departing from BG because they couldn’t find fights in our matchup and it’s not the bad thing. In general, BG having a solid militia has something to do with the efforts to make wvw fun and fair to everyone in our server. It’s always bustling with activities there.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Pagan Highlander.5948

Pagan Highlander.5948

LOL, This comes from someone on JQ, when JQ does this to EVERY other server, but cries about the one server that destroys them. If Anet wants to fix this Problem, its simple. First, the servers in tier 1 should get no add-on servers. These should be restricted to tier 3 and 4 matchups, with them going to tier 2 if their matched server does.
Second, make it Free or Very Low cost in Gems to move to the bottom half servers. These are usually the ones matched up with higher Servers.
Third, Give increased rewards/Pipps/Claim tickets to those in the bottom half servers.
Fourth, Give some real Permanent Buffs to those in the bottom half servers, and give these Same Buffs to those on outmanned maps regardless of Server.
Fifth, Heavily Increase the cost in Gems to move to a high or full server. Perhaps Double the price, or triple if full.
All of these Encourage People/guilds to move downward, and thus create more balance

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

So, about BG being popular ‘issue’, as a pug in BG, I would attribute it to the solidarity of the community, the good relationship between active guilds and the great atmosphere that many veterans earnestly foster. I have many alt accounts in different servers where I occasionally jumped in wvw to farm gift of battle for. The team/map chat in BG is generally more tolerable, less meme, less misogynistic, less raging and very clear in callouts, objective watching status, etc. Outside of reset day, we never queue in all maps, only EB is queued. We have many commanders who patiently take in pugs, train them and float. They respond very quickly to our scouts’ call and scouts in BG are strong in numbers and quality. For the last 2 months, I’ve seen guilds departing from BG because they couldn’t find fights in our matchup and it’s not the bad thing. In general, BG having a solid militia has something to do with the efforts to make wvw fun and fair to everyone in our server. It’s always bustling with activities there.

BG aint that great m8. BG just have the thickest blobs and pin snipers. Have to admit they’re good at ppt tho. That’s about it

Native Maguuman

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Sarge.9730

Sarge.9730

It is becoming increasingly apparent that something has to be done with Black Gate, and probably the wvw server system in general.

Being on JQ, it is apparent that Blackgate is full or close to full during peak and most other times. This has to be a struggle for the player waiting to wvw maps to pop.

As a member of JQ, it is equally unfun to fight against them. Repeatedly getting run over by zergs three times your size is a problem. Going in every week, know that if you do your best and play a ton, the best you can hope for is second place is disapointing

I would think that you could expand the meta server system to remedy this issue. A soft cap, but you can join friends in up to a hard cap.

I know that this issue is complicated and that any remedy has to be well thought out, but something has to be done.

If BG wins the next 10 weeks in a row they will tie JQ for wins all time. In other words this is far from the first time there has been an extended period of time where a server was at the top. The fact that it’s your own server just makes it more fun to point out.

BG aint that great m8. BG just have the thickest blobs and pin snipers. Have to admit they’re good at ppt tho. That’s about it

The relevant servers are trying to have a discussion. Please go back to tanking down to T3 in a pathetic attempt to keep your KD high.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Quits, comes back, BG is running around AMOK & UNLEASHED all day everyday. Rinse repeat several times.

If this were of interest to anyone able to do anything about it, the statistics don’t lie.

gaem not made for mi
===========

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I spend my time in BG assuring that everyone has a pleasant time in team chat.

aka. “The Complainer”

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Lorx.8507

Lorx.8507

so funny seeing someone from jq qq’ing when they do the same thing to all the other servers

To expand on this, I’m on four servers, and see the same thing on both fronts, on all of them. Every server complains about size. But it’s up to the guilds on those servers, and their commanders, for what to do about it.

A map blob pileup is commonly caused by both servers trying to outdo the other in size by the commanders and players of those groups collectively deciding that size must be there. One side must feel smaller, even if only by a factor of 10%, and thus call in a friend. One side must feel threatened, and incapable of handling without calling in help. So help will be called. That’s just something that happens on all fronts, on all servers, though not always equally, BG has a lot of pub mass, which means it’s more visible with BG than others, but is by no means alone. The solution isn’t to make other servers blob less, as that’s outside of average player control, that’s in anet’s hands with game design. The goal, from anybody who wants to see blobs happen less, is to work within their guild and server to adjust the mentality of what to do when feeling on a back foot, when feeling pressured.

El Psy Congroo

(edited by Lorx.8507)

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So, about BG being popular ‘issue’, as a pug in BG, I would attribute it

Its solely attributable to the impression players have of BG as a server that they can safely ‘retire’ their account to and come back when they want and know the server will be competitive and with a decent population, thats all.

Nevertheless its a problem, BG has made T1 NA completely uncompetitive due to their gaming of the system (whether deliberate or not). Maguuma for example actually works to stay out of T1 because of BG.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Is this a player or developer issue that created this imbalance? I recall the Dev’s announced the new reward system, stated higher placing will be important, and then opened BG. Everyone could have guessed they were going to get bandwagoned hard. Not only that, even with the population imbalances for weeks, we’re still closed. The players could have easily fixed this issue ourselves if opened. Which makes this more about us fighting the Dev’s, than fighting other players.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Its solely attributable to the impression players have of BG as a server that they can safely ‘retire’ their account to and come back when they want and know the server will be competitive and with a decent population, thats all.

Agreed. The real way to deal with this “issue” is to take accounts that haven’t been playing in WvW in like two months and mark them as “needing server” before rolling out some new WvW patch that brings a boatload of these accounts back into WvW. This way they must choose a new non-full server to play WvW on.

The disparity between a server’s actual population and their WvW active, regularly playing population is what drives these moments.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

It is an issue, but just make the best out of it by summoning the Outnumbered buff.

What you do is set-up some throwaway siege in any of their waypointed keeps that can’t be harassed by the cannons and/or mortars. Some of them will eventually try to get to you but since most of BG can’t fight, they will fail so they will call for a lot of reinforcements.

Presto! Outnumbered buff on the next tick! Go on your merry ways doing other stuff and just repeat when the buff is gone.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Is this a player or developer issue that created this imbalance?

Both, but then I think expecting players to behave rationally and unselfishly is stupid.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

The problem with JQ not being able to put up with BG is that JQ has a crap ton of sea

players and BG has a lot of NA and pretty much everything. Sea players from JQ should

just spread out to other servers and they should work on getting more NA.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

The problem with JQ not being able to put up with BG is that JQ has a crap ton of sea

players and BG has a lot of NA and pretty much everything. Sea players from JQ should

BG has a bigger SEA then JQ currently. Hell even Dragonbrand probably has comparable or bigger SEA currently. The vast majority of JQ’s sea is pugs and 1 or 2 guilds that run 5-10 people at maximum most often not even that many. (Not counting pugs just people in the guilds themselves)

JQ’s biggest timezone right now is NA, you can’t even possibly try to deny it why the kitten would we possibly need any more NA then we currently have.

NA – FLUX, OnS, RS, BoRP, SF, DKLT, along with a bunch of smaller guilds that run ~5-15 depending and a large population of pugs. Every map queued during reset, not uncommon to see more then 1 map queued during NA prime outside of reset.

EU – eXa, don’t run super heavy maybe ~15.

OCX – KnF, also don’t run very heavy. Can queue ebg sometimes.

SEA- DENT doesn’t run many, I would say maybe 10 on a good day if that. TPA, Cloudfly doesn’t need much of an explanation, he’s a pugmander TPA his guild only ever runs like 10 people. Vale and WE/Seed, Both run 5-10ish maybe. The rest of our sea is pugs.

So what exactly does JQ have to spread out here during sea exactly? a couple guilds who run 5-10 people at their height and pugs? Good luck convincing enough pugs to xfer to a server to make any difference during the timezone if JQ lost its SEA pugs then you would just complain about BG and Dragonbrand’s SEA.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

BG has a bigger SEA then JQ currently. Hell even Dragonbrand probably has comparable or bigger SEA currently. The vast majority of JQ’s sea is pugs and 1 or 2 guilds that run 5-10 people at maximum most often not even that many. (Not counting pugs just people in the guilds themselves)

JQ’s biggest timezone right now is NA, you can’t even possibly try to deny it why the kitten would we possibly need any more NA then we currently have.

NA – FLUX, OnS, RS, BoRP, SF, DKLT, along with a bunch of smaller guilds that run ~5-15 depending and a large population of pugs. Every map queued during reset, not uncommon to see more then 1 map queued during NA prime outside of reset.

SEA- DENT doesn’t run many, I would say maybe 10 on a good day if that. TPA, Cloudfly doesn’t need much of an explanation, he’s a pugmander TPA his guild only ever runs like 10 people. Vale and WE/Seed, Both run 5-10ish maybe. The rest of our sea is pugs.

So what exactly does JQ have to spread out here during sea exactly? a couple guilds who run 5-10 people at their height and pugs? Good luck convincing enough pugs to xfer to a server to make any difference during the timezone if JQ lost its SEA pugs then you would just complain about BG and Dragonbrand’s SEA.

lol ur right.
my boi

JQ NA is 9+ Guilds : NA – FLUX, OnS, RS, BoRP, SF, DKLT,Dong,TPA,WE

but it’s funny see JQQ make qqing Topic looool

winnie@BlackGate

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

You are old, aandarie.

gaem not made for mi
===========

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Pancake.3092

Pancake.3092

Transfer out. Unless you’re on BG, T1 is a bigger pain in the ass than hemorrhoids.

JQ is pretty cancer, but unfortunately Anet has allowed BG to get so malignant that there is no way any other cancer can compete.

Best advice is to stop worrying about PPT. If your opponent is 3x bigger than you, then you’re always going to lose. If you don’t like roaming or doing things outnumbered, then transfer down tiers – you won’t regret it.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

When you have enough people to dominate every timezone, why would anyone on BG complain? There might be a couple of timezones where you (BG) have some competition numberswise, but when BG has everything tier 3, and the other servers have most of their stuff paper, they’ll never win a skirmish.

I’m sure your community is fantastic as long you have the numbers to steamroll every other server.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I’m sure your community is fantastic as long you have the numbers to steamroll every other server.

Yeah we’ve seen how that fantastic community is about sticking around on the rare occasion things got rough, haven’t we?
The only thing worse than a match against BG is winning it.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

lol ur right.
my boi

JQ NA is 9+ Guilds : NA – FLUX, OnS, RS, BoRP, SF, DKLT,Dong,TPA,WE

but it’s funny see JQQ make qqing Topic looool

TPA isn’t NA.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Beating BG is pretty simple, just follow the Mag blueprint from a few months ago: You cannot give BG a single empty timezone to PPT in and you have to farm them constantly. This means stacking everyone who knows how to fight onto one server and making sure you have 24/7 coverage of people who just love to fight. BG’s militia is simultaneously BG’s greatest strength and their greatest weakness because they’re well trained but mentally soft. They don’t like to lose which is why they’re on BG so you have to make sure to mercilessly farm them for several weeks. Winning the PPT will be their only solace and once that starts to slip they’ll no longer have any reason to play. Eventually their pugs will fairweather because BG vets create a “coddle bads” sort of environment where everyone’s a special snowflake and no one ever knows what it’s like to actually lose. Once their fairweathers are gone you’ll just be left fighting KnT and they can’t carry an entire server’s PPT for long. Get ready to be bored though because one BG goes into “hibergate” mode they’re basically gone until they can either buy more guilds or until their competition gets bored and transfers off. The latter happened to Mag after several weeks of BG no showing and thus Mag could no longer keep the 24/7 pressure on BG and BG was able to farm empty timezones again. The real question is: does anyone left playing this game actually care enough to try to organize just to beat BG? I doubt it. There’s no extra reward for beating t1 and you can still finish your tickets in two days so what’s the point?

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

When you have enough people to dominate every timezone, why would anyone on BG complain? There might be a couple of timezones where you (BG) have some competition numberswise, but when BG has everything tier 3, and the other servers have most of their stuff paper, they’ll never win a skirmish.

Oh please. There are at least a handful of servers (JQ, TC, YB, Mag, all the way back to SoR) that have enjoyed some time on top as the no. 1 server in WvW.

JQ if I remember correctly absolutely dominated T1 for practically a whole year at one point with BG struggling just to stay in the tier. Yet all those servers have eventually fallen and fallen hard, except BG. And yet you’re trying to tell us that BG’s community is only “great” when we’re winning ?

I guess the communities of all those other servers mentioned above must stink then since at the first sign of trouble everyone jumps ship. ;-)

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

This is accurate in my experience.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

It would be far from the truth. BG fighting power is above average at best. Aside from a couple of excellent fighting guilds mentioned in the other thread, the majority of BG militia are small guilds (15 or less) with pugs. Each of these guilds have their own commander and likes to run their own squad so during reset night or prime time, BG gets farmed in KDR pretty hard whenever our opponent team can field a good guild in a 40-man blob. Many guilds in BG are aware of their limitations and they are reinventing themselves everyday. We discuss on discord to help others with builds, coordination and improve gameplay. At least that’s the reality with the two guilds I an participating right now. When the core guilds and their commanders are strong, they attract more pugs and retain the interest. When the pve pugs win more, they stick to the game mode and becomes a regular. That is my fortunate case.

6 months ago, I had absolute no interest in serving a karma train. I’m sorry to say but every servers are the same when it comes to blobing, it’s brainless boring either winning or losing. I was around r140. One month before the wvw reward change, I decided to invest on WvW again to complete my achievements. At the time, most of the pugmanders were already on hiatus. Most of the bigger guilds took a break from the game. The population would be like half of what it is now. The newer guilds and commanders, I didn’t even recognize the name but followed out of curiosity. I decided to stay because:

- Holy craps, I’ve never seen so many female commanders/server leaders and they are awesome.

- The community is very courteous. Every time a commander tags up/ down, they are recognized and showered with appreciation.

- They teach and support new pugmanders. They reprimand the trolls. They are inviting in the new blood.

- When the old commanders and guilds came back to check out the wvw rewards, they lost quite a bunch of fight and even had their guild names made into memes. Yet, the majority of times, the old blood is welcome and supported to re-adapt to the new meta.

All of these things make me want to be a part of “them”, refer to BG as “us”, contribute to the hard work behind BG many-week winnings and feeling accomplished about it.

Feel free to label me as bandwagon. I’m the purest pve player anyways. My thought may explain why many pve players in BG enjoys the WvW and keep their ppt side strong. (No, that had nothing to do with gaming the system. We have the same access to WvW just like the pve players on your server. )

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Having followed several of these threads there appear to be a couple of issues. Mainly population, and not just sheer numbers, but coverage of different time zones.

Posters have mentioned BG had gamed the system, going inactive until the server opens to allow guilds in, which is likely to be a continued issue.

Also, others have mentioned there are a lot of accounts that are inactive and when new things hit, servers blow up for a while.

This isn’t an original idea, but I have to thank skyshroud for promting the thought (I have been adversarial towards them in the past…)

I think deleting the server affiliations of accounts that have not been active in WvW after a period of time, say 4 weeks, (or maybe the link timeframe) so inactive accounts would be required to choose another server upon re-activating, or trying to access WvW again.

This allows for people to take a week or two off, but helps to prevent Hibernation (Hibergate) and also distribute some population out to different servers. Keep the overall population cap for servers at the lower level it is at ( or even lower it some)

Not perfect, but keeping that piece in place would minimize stacking. It would also empty the inactive servers, so when people come back, they would be pushed out to other servers. If you havent played in a month ( or however long) then you get moved.

I vehemently disagree with nuking servers. Period. Communities And possibly guilds would be separated.

TLDR: remove server affiliation from accounts not active in WvW after a given period of time. I.e.: ~4weeks.

(edited by Strider Pj.2193)

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Feel free to label me as bandwagon. I’m the purest pve player anyways. My thought may explain why many pve players in BG enjoys the WvW and keep their ppt side strong. (No, that had nothing to do with gaming the system. We have the same access to WvW just like the pve players on your server. )

Or that back in the day when BG was the first to take down teq2.0 every pve pug ran to that server. Meanwhile in wvw they were buying up guilds to stay on top of wvw, more than any other server, while also getting players in past the Full server lock which was eventually fixed but long past too late(not that they were the only ones).

There’s a ton of active/sleeping accounts on BG, and the only people that are going to move from there are actual wvw guilds, there’s no point for a pve pug to move off of the top winning blob server. BG built a huge pug population in all timezones, it isn’t going away as long as they stay on top.

Which is why I proposed they create new servers for a new pool of wvw players that pulls players from the old servers, but these forums, just wanna complain like this topic.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Agreed. The real way to deal with this “issue” is to take accounts that haven’t been playing in WvW in like two months and mark them as “needing server” before rolling out some new WvW patch that brings a boatload of these accounts back into WvW. This way they must choose a new non-full server to play WvW on.

The disparity between a server’s actual population and their WvW active, regularly playing population is what drives these moments.

This has been going on for a very long time as well. People park an account, go off to play whatever new FotM game is out, and know they can come back to play GW2 at any time on a server that is dominating. I fully endorse Chaba’s means to solving the issue. Once they retire for, let’s say 6 months, they enter a pool of accounts that are no longer tied to any server. Prior to logging back in they must choose a new (open) server.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

BG is anet’s posterboy for what WvW should be. Anet can’t let them lose, how would they make their wvw promotional videos without BG’s constant coverage? Just beat the game and retire on BG.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

This has been going on for a very long time as well. People park an account, go off to play whatever new FotM game is out, and know they can come back to play GW2 at any time on a server that is dominating. I fully endorse Chaba’s means to solving the issue. Once they retire for, let’s say 6 months, they enter a pool of accounts that are no longer tied to any server. Prior to logging back in they must choose a new (open) server.

I think the idea of rolling inactives to require them to choose a new has to be far less than 6 months. 2 months would allow for hibernation to open a server never mind 6 months. I like 4-6 weeks, which would allow for someone to focus on living story uodates, expansions, etc: also allows for vacations. Much longer and the problem isn’t solved.

The Black Gate Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We are closing this thread because Match Up threads are not allowed.