The FULL world dilemma.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

With the implementation of F2P and HoT on the horizon, new players are joining and coming back to find they cannot play WvW with their allies due to certain worlds being full. WvW population CAN be balanced, if there is no barrier and incentives are provided.

I’m certain that many WvW guilds that are on FULL servers would still love to have the ability to recruit new members. However they are unable to, due to the costs of transferring a whole guild to a new server.

A suggestion: Allow free transfers off of FULL worlds to any other worlds.
This change would remove the barrier and provide incentive for WvW guilds to move to different servers due to the fact they will now be able to recruit new members.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

With the implementation of F2P and HoT on the horizon, new players are joining and coming back to find they cannot play WvW with their allies due to certain worlds being full. WvW population CAN be balanced, if there is no barrier and incentives are provided.

I’m certain that many WvW guilds that are on FULL servers would still love to have the ability to recruit new members. However they are unable to, due to the costs of transferring a whole guild to a new server.

This change would remove the barrier and provide incentive for WvW guilds to move to different servers due to the fact they will now be able to recruit new members.

That would be nice, at least few of them would take advantage of that, but there needs to be more, much more, need some positive incentives to move from and not stay on full server. Currently there just aren’t any. In fact, quite the opposite despite transfer costs. Plenty of incentives to go up, not down.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I recommend that EU players that play in full servers could get free transfers to very high status servers.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I recommend that EU players that play in full servers could get free transfers to very high status servers.

Shush you.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

That’s a fallacy. It is more difficult to recruit players that are already on your own server, but not impossible, especially with so many players coming back to the game on the server you are already on. Take the time to recruit in PvE maps too. That’s been the largest source of new recruits for a friend’s WvW guild. She’s starting to expand her WvW rally days too. And with newer players going to be checking out the new borderland map at HoT, you’ll have another avenue to recruit from.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Latorn.4209

That’s a fallacy. It is more difficult to recruit players that are already on your own server, but not impossible, especially with so many players coming back to the game on the server you are already on. Take the time to recruit in PvE maps too. That’s been the largest source of new recruits for a friend’s WvW guild. She’s starting to expand her WvW rally days too. And with newer players going to be checking out the new borderland map at HoT, you’ll have another avenue to recruit from.

I suppose it would be more pertinent to state that this was in reference to new players joining the game; rather than existing players returning to full servers.

I’m active in a smaller guild wars community, and in the past few weeks I have noticed an increasing number of complaints regarding full servers.

On a smaller scale: even if there are five friends who play WvW together on a full server, those five people shouldn’t be required to pay money and transfer in order to play with a sixth or seventh friend that just joined because of the F2P option.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Sorry but we have proven time and again that we, the players, cannot be trusted, we would just end up stacking somewhere else and be back to square one. Kills me to say it but we have no one to blame but ourselves.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Latorn.4209

That would be nice, at least few of them would take advantage of that, but there needs to be more, much more, need some positive incentives to move from and not stay on full server. Currently there just aren’t any. In fact, quite the opposite despite transfer costs. Plenty of incentives to go up, not down.

This too is a fair point, and I was going to mention the possibilities of additional beneficial incentives, but I think it’s better to take things one step at a time.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Latorn.4209

Sorry but we have proven time and again that we, the players, cannot be trusted, we would just end up stacking somewhere else and be back to square one. Kills me to say it but we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Even if transfers off full servers was permanently (not a limited rush) free, and additional incentives for joining low pop servers was provided?

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Guilds should have some kind of option get players in (it could cost influence or something). For example our national gaming community have players that started play gw2 after f2p change and now they can’t even play WvW with us. If they started test game because of wvw they will probably quit because WvW is pointless without guildmates.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Even if transfers off full servers was permanently (not a limited rush) free, and additional incentives for joining low pop servers was provided?

Yes even then, way back when transfers were free (I’m talking long before the tournaments) we stacked, we will always stack. A certain tier will be determined to be the “fights tier” and anyone who wants to play against the best will gravitate there. Or someone will come up with the bright idea that T1 needs to be changed up so everyone transfers to X server to start the pain train up to T1. Both have happened in the past on more than one occasion. YOU may be trustworthy not to do this but I think most players are not, as it is there is to many servers, if they would just merge or close a couple down with the option for those players only to transfer it would make a world of difference in the over all scheme.

Lets not forget, you and your friends transfering is money in Anets pocket, it’s a considerable amount. When you watch how many GvG guilds and stuff move around, they would be insane not to mention it would be a terrible business decision to give away all those dollars.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Latorn.4209

Guilds should have some kind of option get players in (it could cost influence or something). For example our national gaming community have players that started play gw2 after f2p change and now they can’t even play WvW with us. If they started test game because of wvw they will probably quit because WvW is pointless without guildmates.

Aye, this is exactly my point. However a major problem with allowing guilds to use influence to transfer new members to a full world is that it is even further stacking that world.

However, if that guild had numerous potential new recruits that couldn’t join them in WvW due to the world being full, free transfers from full worlds would allow that guild to move and then recruit the players that wish to join.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Free transfers from full servers would cause massive problems like stacking on the new server. Controlled transfers without costs would prevent them.

Arenanet would have to assign all players to categories: no, low, (medium) and high WvW participation. In a second step we would need to set strict quotas for categories low and high on all servers. Then a period of transfers without costs could balance out more servers.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

As someone who has been on a bottom tier server for a year and a half all I can say is boo hoo.

If they give free transfers it shouldn’t be to already active servers, it should be straight into bronze so they can have a chance of getting a more active WvW too.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

It’s only a dilemma if you wish to add to an already overstacked server.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: vanderwolf.7084

vanderwolf.7084

I think. Also. It’s a problem that new characters can be created on full servers for fresh accounts. That someone could delete all characters to transfer to one. It’s apparently still possible….and I know for a fact some full guilds have been somehow transferring INTO full servers.

But then for the servers where guilds are leaving(black gate and TC looking at you). Why are those servers still full?

I’m stuck at the bottom of T2 and unless during the prime times and only in EB. I’m mostly alone.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Latorn.4209

I think. Also. It’s a problem that new characters can be created on full servers for fresh accounts. That someone could delete all characters to transfer to one. It’s apparently still possible….and I know for a fact some full guilds have been somehow transferring INTO full servers.

But then for the servers where guilds are leaving(black gate and TC looking at you). Why are those servers still full?

I’m stuck at the bottom of T2 and unless during the prime times and only in EB. I’m mostly alone.

Wait.. Are you saying new F2P accounts can join and create characters on full worlds? That’s news to me o.o

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Some of the “Full” servers were really, really full, and so even losing guilds they are still above whatever arbitrary threshold that ANet created. Right now on my T1 server(YB) outside of reset we don’t see but one maybe two low queues, and some nights no queues. That being said, I can’t hazard a guess what ANet calls full. Whatever “Full” is it’s much lower than the old numbers from when I was on BG(I moved to YB a year before the alliance did).

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Simple.
They’re trying to average out populations between servers, not intra-tier.
There’s 6 gold league servers in NA, the top 3 will likely stay closed until the least of the 6 gets reasonably close in population to the most populated.

Unfortunately, JQ is “grandfathered in” and will have to shrink down to size over time through attrition

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: kazooiemad.4102

kazooiemad.4102

If anet ever offer free transfers, it should be a controlled transfer to x low pop server, and not offering the same x low pop server twice for another “full” server. Not much you can do to stop people from grinding/paying there way to another high pop server mind unless they lock it for a time period… But even then.

You can still play with your friends in sPvP/PvE and EOTM (if same colour)for the time being I guess if your server doesn’t open up soon. :p

Kazu Uzak – Engineer
The [IRON] Triangle – Desolation [EU]

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

This change to calculation of when a server is full has introduced an entirely new problem.

Instead of blackout nights we are getting BlackGate doing a blackout fortnights/months.

This is making it very boring for YB/JQ.

If you want to reduce T1 WvW populations this is a good way to go about it.

However, I think you’ll find that we will quit the game from boredom rather than move to T2.

Just revert the change back to what it was.

People are always going to look for a way to manipulate algorithms so they can stack, so just make it a free-for-all.

At least that way it will stay interesting and we can get some variety in our opponents.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Please do not do this. If players have to do a month-long blackout to try to cheat the new system, that is far and away above only having to do a blackout for only a single night. Many things in this game can change within a month because that’s a really long time for more players.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

It’s almost as if the entire point of having “full” servers is to make new players NOT choose those servers.

The non-full servers contain the entire range of guild niches when it comes to WvW, I promise. They are free to choose any.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

It’s almost as if the entire point of having “full” servers is to make new players NOT choose those servers.

Is that what Full means? Gosh! /sarcasm

Chaba Tangnu

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: monded.7016

monded.7016

this for real u want to to get fixet.
transfer down to bronze with guild and the players coming back.
so the wolds get more ballancent

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

They aren’t going to change the transfer price when guilds leave full servers to the second or third server on the list and are happy to pay to do so, so they can bandwagon that server to the top, whilst leaving on of their alt accounts on the top server spamming map chat all night long offering 7 gold to transfer off it.

Maybe population would balance better if they paid people gems to transfer off full servers instead? (payable 3 months after transfer or something like that)

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

dzeRnumbrd.6129

The non-full servers contain the entire range of guild niches when it comes to WvW, I promise. They are free to choose any.

I wasn’t talking about new players, I was talking about guilds. From what I can see there is no choice. Not all servers have good enough coverage to guarantee fights.

What do you suggest for the following scenario:

• SEA time zone guild wants to play against SEA guilds
  • That guild would dominate T2 SEA if it played there to point it would be PvD
  • Majority of SEA TZ guild activity is in T1
  • Very little SEA TZ guild activity in T2

How do you propose getting that guild some fights given T2 is not an appropriate venue?

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Please do not do this. If players have to do a month-long blackout to try to cheat the new system, that is far and away above only having to do a blackout for only a single night. Many things in this game can change within a month because that’s a really long time for more players.

What you said didn’t really make much sense. Perhaps try rephrasing it.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

dzeRnumbrd.6129

this for real u want to to get fixet.
transfer down to bronze with guild and the players coming back.
so the wolds get more ballancent

That is just another method of bypassing the stacking rules which goes back to my original point.

You still end up with a T8 server going up to T1 with all the guilds you wouldn’t let transfer via conventional methods.

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

How do you propose getting that guild some fights given T2 is not an appropriate venue?

They chose to buy a game that has no SEA servers. You can’t possibly believe that the needs of one SEA guild could possibly trump the health of the entire game mode.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

It’s not? TC has two largish SEA guilds: TFV and AHMA. FA and SoS are both not full servers with a scattering of SEA guilds. SEA guilds on FA and SoS have plenty to fight.

Chaba Tangnu

The FULL world dilemma.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

What you said didn’t really make much sense. Perhaps try rephrasing it.

Many things in this game can change within a month because that’s a really long time for most players.

Chaba Tangnu