The Forgotten Realm of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Noctifera.3746

Noctifera.3746

Apologies in advance for my english

I know this should be put in the wvw discussion thread part of the forum, but more and more seems to me that the part of the forum is the the pit of the forgotten problem and player.

After the adopt a thread i did have a slight hope for a more wide discussion about all the problem plaguing wvw part of the game, but evidenlty i was wrong cause till now now even a shadow of discussion was opened about it or a CDI.

Without going further with a useless wall of text , that probable will be deleted anyway:

This is at the moment one the problem of wvw;

Server migration making some server stacked (even if not like before) and other left empty or almost, why so ? (in not exact order of importance or gravity):

- Matchup win by coverage;
- Unrewarding defence;
- GVG possible only on weekly matchup.
- WvW player are totally unrewarded and reward from ranking up are in most of the case ridicolous;

I know a big part of revenue are due to transfer, but pls make something, more wvw player will leave cause bored and even more server will be empty and less fun for wvw if you dont show some interest.

a wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Kaybosh.5183

Kaybosh.5183

Anet, can you pay a little attention to the WvW players?All you do is to add kittenty Pve content that everybody does for 2 days then it becomes a grind for loot.
We are sick of defending for hours and getting nothing in return, fighting massive blobs because the imbalanced matchup,sitting in a structure to upgrade it for hours then lose it in 5 mins and waste everything that you made there.
Wake up arenanet stop adding useless content that nobody wants !!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

To be frank, during the Adopt-A-Dev program my guys got encouraged to join in forum discussions and provide feedback to the World Versus World Realm in general. While myself and others have done that, very little has been shown from Anet’s side which made the statements and encouragements during the program, empty words.

I understand implementations will take a long while for those to happen, if at all. But I expected atleast discussions to some extend to get things on the rails again. Sadly Anet gave up after the White-Swords suggestion, which is a big shame.

At this point, I doubt Anet will ever provide love to the WVW guys, seeing how they continue to focus on the ‘New Player Experience’ rather than addressing the Veteran guys.

Team Aggression [TA]

in WvW

Posted by: Nedus.6952

Nedus.6952

The problem is real, cause it’s true it just feels like Anet is not paying attention to the WvW problem(s) .

People keep posting ideas & suggestion to fix/change/improve stuff (being finally able to kick people from own golems, siege wallet, guild tag, a GvG system outside WvW so guilds can stop transfer every second and finally put roots in the server/community they want rather than the one they are forced to go in order to have some fights; etc etc, you name it).

Even when 99,9% of community agrees on something, usually Anet keeps say is either “nope” or “we’ll think about it” …

Random example: think about how much time it took to anet to do the Commander tag account shared & multi colors. Such an easy/fast thing to do and always asked by EVERYONE…and yet it took them ages.

Communtiy discuss stuff in forum, community gets ignored by anet, community give up on posting/reading forum, game doesn’t improve. Easy as that.

Passero ~ Jade Sea
Former member of WSR and AG.

in WvW

Posted by: Amnesia.5430

Amnesia.5430

How long does it take to get all the info from everyone, come up with solutions, find out if those are even obtainable, and then actually fix/patch? and you are basically assuming that WvW has even 10% of the players PvE does. I’m not quite sure it really does 80% of the time. so they are clearly focusing on the majority. they might even be working on solutions right now for all of your complaints, it might just be hard work or take a little while…why don’t you take a break from posting about it and play the game and see what happens down the road? you might end up happy. but to sit there and post constantly about it, they are a company and will do whatever they want. the small WvW group can’t exactly force them into much.

in WvW

Posted by: Amnesia.5430

Amnesia.5430

The problem is real, cause it’s true it just feels like Anet is not paying attention to the WvW problem(s) .

People keep posting ideas & suggestion to fix/change/improve stuff (being finally able to kick people from own golems, siege wallet, guild tag, a GvG system outside WvW so guilds can stop transfer every second and finally put roots in the server/community they want rather than the one they are forced to go in order to have some fights; etc etc, you name it).

Even when 99,9% of community agrees on something, usually Anet keeps say is either “nope” or “we’ll think about it” …

Random example: think about how much time it took to anet to do the Commander tag account shared & multi colors. Such an easy/fast thing to do and always asked by EVERYONE…and yet it took them ages.

Communtiy discuss stuff in forum, community gets ignored by anet, community give up on posting/reading forum, game doesn’t improve. Easy as that.

how do you know those are easy fixes? do you secretly run MMO servers and code on gigantic teams and gaming data to know that? or are you just assuming because thats the fun thing to do? they got to it when they could , and it HAPPENED! let them get to things, they can’t rush every single complaint you have every day. it takes time and coordination and actual work to do that stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Oh look another negative bashing post

in WvW

Posted by: Noctifera.3746

Noctifera.3746

the only negative bashing i see its yours

I did made a pretty and educated post, i didn’t make a ragequit post , and I’m in no way insulting Dev, or mod.

I’ m just asking to open a discussion in a civilized way.

Something of which probably you’ re not capable, kind sir

in WvW

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

the only negative bashing i see its yours

I did made a pretty and educated post, i didn’t make a ragequit post , and I’m in no way insulting Dev, or mod.

I’ m just asking to open a discussion in a civilized way.

Something of which probably you’ re not capable, kind sir

Really?… I don’t understand the need to make things personal. This is not even worth the time spent but ok… nothing I said was negative or bashing anything… BUT how many posts do we have around here of people complaining?

in WvW

Posted by: Nedus.6952

Nedus.6952

how do you know those are easy fixes? do you secretly run MMO servers and code on gigantic teams and gaming data to know that? or are you just assuming because thats the fun thing to do? they got to it when they could , and it HAPPENED! let them get to things, they can’t rush every single complaint you have every day. it takes time and coordination and actual work to do that stuff.

I don’t know (and don’t want to) if you genuinely just have no clue/experience of the game’s problems & how anet usually “handle” them, or if you’re a “white knight” posting non-needed words “in the name of anet!” because thats the fun thing to do
Probably a mix of the 2 things. Either way, ty for the smile.

Next irrelevant message please.

Passero ~ Jade Sea
Former member of WSR and AG.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

stacking to the top wvw servers , poor rewards compared to eotm and the fact that eotm has replaced the wvw are the 3 big problems of wvw .

we have said it when eotm released that it will help the high populated wvw servers to be an alternative wvw style map , but the differences in rewards made this map the main wvw map for many wvw and pve players.

as for gvg , i think a solution is to associate claiming of a structure from a guild with something that will win a guild ( guild score, influence , tokens , etc ) . a guild claiming in defense should be have a meaning for guilds and not just to add buffs to structures and stop enemy guild to win these rewards from claiming will create a "new content " for guilds .

also the guild score is something that is missing too in leaderboards page ….

maybe veteran wvw players have feeling of no “love” for them , but i am hearing the same from pve players too. pve players are more demanding players than wvw players.

wvw players only need challenges every day and they can have it in full wvw maps . dear arenanet find a smart way to fill the wvw maps …you have all the infos where the players are playing . if eotm is full* and wvw maps are not , then find a way to push players from eotm to wvw maps .

also ,there is one fact that nobody should forget. the game is getting old for veteran players that started it before 2 years and it needs a big expansion ( fair if it is a payed expansion ) in all aspects ( new race , new class ,new pve/wvw/spvp maps and of course new level cap ) .

blizzard is following this paid expansion model every 2 years and i am hearing that in the last expansion they have terrible queues …… make your thoughts based on the facts devs and do not listen fan based sites …. i have seen many polls in fan sites for the gw2 future and many times are way out of reality and most of the times these polls manipulated with site owner’s "needs "

.* i never understood , why someone that goes to eotm should follow his color. you created same problem in eotm too. you should implemented eotm as an instance server with random color and by filling the population of the map to have equal matchups to eotm too and only if someone’s eb map has queue ! eb and eotm is the same style !

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

- It’s not so much a question what is easy and what is hard to do. When you’re responsible for making a good game, there are many things you should notice:

• What is it that we want to accomplish with this feature?
  • Is this feature available for all players or should it be given to part of community? If latter, by what criteria does the selection happen?
  • Should players choose their own colors or should we put pre-defined set of colors?
  • Should the colors represent something?
  • Is there some other functionality to commander tag?
  • Will implementing this cut out other options in the future?
  • Will implementing this break some existing system that is in place?

If you get it wrong, you’re just going to have wasted dev time in exchange to annoyed community who doesn’t see the point in the change. Lots and lots of community suggestions are nothing but knee-jerk reaction to whatever is annoying them at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: eugenstash.8610

eugenstash.8610

As someone who has played EoTM more that WvW, I can say this. The reward system is much greater in EoTM. Not to mention, EoTM is much more new player friendly. However, all it amounts to is endless circles and a few massive battles. It really doesnt feel like there is really much accomplishment. Last night in WvW, 5 players and I took a castle by ourselves. It wasnt easy, but kitten , did it feel good. I really wish players from EoTM would migrate over to WvW, but as it stands, there literally is no insentive unless you are a die hard player. And this is not something that takes time to realize. I realized it very quickly. Sadly, the loot/karma train is addicting. But, thats all it is. Simply a hollowed out version of WvW. And this is coming from someone who isnt a veteran.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

…why don’t you take a break from posting about it and play the game and see what happens down the road? you might end up happy. but to sit there and post constantly about it, they are a company and will do whatever they want. the small WvW group can’t exactly force them into much.

and why don’t you shut the kitten up?! We have been sitting and waiting for 2 years. No real improvements. Commander tags doesn’t really solve the biggest problems.
man, the gw2 fanbois are even worse than the wow drones from back then.
People like you are like tumours for the gaming “community”, and true blessing for the big companies. With people like you, they can just get away with anything, always.
/trade wtb a brain for that guy…someone? please?
If Anet doesn’t want to provide support for WvW – fine. But say so and stop make everyone wait and waste their time. And don’t ask us to send you videos which you can use to advertise your game so you can sell it.

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

i have different opinion of what i have seen from upgrades so far.

they want to improve the wvw . they did many changes on the wvw system in the first 2 years but only in addition of tools , and not by changing the wvw system .

i am sure they are in a dilemma how to make big changes ( that need the wvw ) without create big problems* and ruining the existent system .

oh yes the existent system was success , but for veterans it is getting old day by day and this is why the veteran wvw players want something new . it was success , it is not now. old players want something new in all aspects of the game , including wvw and only an expansion can bring it them. the new content for veteran wvw players will delivered to them only if they change the wvw system and this is the most difficult part and not if they can do it .

also if they bring gvg system from gw1 , this means that they should close gw1 ….. the guy , who will decide this , must have really "BIG BALLS " . i don’t know how many players are still playing gw1 but gw2 is still connected with skins and achievements with gw1 . this means they should remove a part from the gw2 .

we must all pray gw1 players leave it and start gw2 . this will make all decisions easier

also , i am sure they never had in their minds the success of guild raids , aka gvg .it was just happened and maybe some of devs are still thinking that we are ruining their game mode . the existent system is still based on 5 men party , everywhere in the game. there is not any other formation in game like 10 or 20 or more raid formation.

as for the color tags , it is the most logical that they created it for big pve raids like tequatl and not for wvw . in tequatl boss you want just 4 different com colors to have an easy succeeded pug raid

*in the past these changes had bad impact and they are more careful now . this is why eotm was in beta test before release .

p.s. personal opinion and only . i know that only if i leave the game i will push the changes to come sooner , but unfortunately there is not any better mmo out to replace the beloved combat system that has the gw2. the gw2 combat system is the 80% of success of this game .

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Posted by: VIK.6205

VIK.6205

More people play pve then wvw, reason as to why there is never any wvw content. Plus new games have come out so a lot of people stoped playing gw2, and this is the reason as to why there is only 10 people on 4 maps on my server at the moment