The Great Disappearing Act of GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Happened to you? Was recording some 1v1’s in EB earlier and this happened…

Houdini would be proud.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

it is logging out , no durability dmg, seeing that a lot in wvw :S

in WvW

Posted by: Khyron.8735

Khyron.8735

A necromancer doing damage?! Clearly there is some sort of hack being deployed!

Ad majorem gloriam! Ad infinitum!

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Cute video. Love the old fashioned black and white movie style script.

in WvW

Posted by: Duress.8065

Duress.8065

Yeah, happened to me a couple of times. It is a shame.

Crumpet Trumpet
[IRON] Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Spacefish.4623

Spacefish.4623

I see a couple of the same people (from the same server and guild) do this all the time in WvW. The most annoying is an Ele with that FoTM D/D spec that thinks it can take on my whole gank group by herself, and then disappears every time we down her.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

It’s Divo. He interrupted and attacked the small couple of SoR that myself and an ally from TC gathered for a small 1v1 dueling circle. So…yeah. I’m from TC and I’m not surprised to see this is him.

First, because he goes down quicker than a sack of doorknobs and secondly because he doesn’t even really face it gracefully.

Not that I have any right to apologize for my server or on behalf of him but if I means anything, I’m sad to see someone from the Coast acting like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

Saw a ton of that also this week. Also witnessed a new thing where you kill a player, loot them, they disappear then magically reappear instantly and start fighting again with full hp.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I see this a lot, seems very prone to specific servers. Some servers it is very rare, other servers very common. Yak’s Bend it happened all the time. Ehmry Bay does it a lot. Northern Shiverpeaks, only maybe once the entire match.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: podnah.2896

podnah.2896

Happened to you? Was recording some 1v1’s in EB earlier and this happened…

Houdini would be proud.

An entertaining video If you make another one, Benny Hill theme might work also, happy hunting

Chere Migonne, 80 Mesmer
Couillon, 80 Warrior
Sanctum of Rall: Krewe of Misfits (KOM)

in WvW

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Great video. The best part is how awful he is.

P.S. IMO logging out to avoid the deathblow should be a bannable exploit. I would report him. The problem is that anet’s bad reporting mechanics makes it hard to report someone after they’ve already logged out.

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

you clicking those utility skills, bro?

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Yup. I posted a thread about people who Alt-F4 out before they completely die.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

You can also disappear in combat by changing to a borderlands you were queued for, just so people are aware. I don’t think that’s what happened here though.

in WvW

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

There’s a commander on SoR who does this too. Didn’t take note of the guild tag (very unfortunately.. but I’ll probably see them again) but they’re a blue sylvari guardian, runs a very defensive spec, hard to kill, never seems to stay in any CC. Was fighting at the one supply camp Tarnished Coast owned on SoR Borderlands earlier today, it was a long siege, I’m sure a bunch of you were there.

This guy was in the habit of pushing, and using those annoying bubbles and walls to prevent us from retreating, and once, pushed all the way into the camp to kill the ballista that I was operating at the time. Doing this attracted the damage of just about everyone in the camp, and we downed him.

Vanished -immediately- afterward. Just gone.

So if you SoR people know who I’m talking about (since they have a commander tag, you should be at least somewhat familiar), you’re being led by a disconnect-on-down coward. Hope you’re cool with that.

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

we are quite sure that Abbadons Mouth were doing mass logs whenever they got hit by us, or even saw us coming. 20 People would just randomly dissapear on us and before i finish, no it wasnt stealth either or mesmer stealth we are fully aware of the duration and effects of these skills. We are talking about big big numbers being next to nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: deriven.1465

deriven.1465

I wish my ele could do that much damage and survive. I think I need to roll a necro. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Dropping to character select seems to be an ever growing strategy. Previously I had only seen it happen every now and then, maybe once or twice a week.. but tonight I had four different people drop out to avoid the killing blow in a span of only a couple hours.

It would be nice to see this addressed, as it is a tactic that is in very bad sportsmanship, and seems to be more and more common.

It would be very unfortunate if this was removed from PvE though… because Orr-Ori runs can be hell when not being able to easily drop combat due to the extremely high enemy density. But yeah, for PvP it would be nice to not be able to drop out instantly like this.

in WvW

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Eather provent people from loging when in combat

Or have there body stay in the world for a few moments after DC or log

in WvW

Posted by: lady lisz.7849

lady lisz.7849

wow, this is a very good example to see the difference between having superior orb bonus vs outmanned buff… this is awesome

Truth and Knowledge are two different things
-Scholar Krasso-

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

I see this all the time it’s sickening and wish there was a report function for this. Had the same guy alt f4 on me 3 times. I got his name via the report function then asked him to not come to WvW if he wants to punk out. He insisted to say you mad bro and to 1v1 again in which I declined as why bother when he just alt f4s when he starts to lose. Just sad really.

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Love the video making skillz

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Lightvision.9357

Lightvision.9357

people logging out during fights or downed id becoming more and more popular, i have seen it happen at least 15 times this week. and i bet is people on servers that have no queue times when they do it, its sad that it happens and very bad sportsmanship all for what? to save yourself like 2 silver? come on just take a sentry post or supply camp and you make that back. or is it to prevent your enemy getting loot?

i wanna hear the real reason why people log on downed but i guess i wont.

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Yet another reason why downed state is terrible in PVP zones.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Ascii.9726

Yet another reason why downed state is terrible in PVP zones.

It would be nice to get an official ANet response as to poofing like this, whats being done and is it allowed or not. It happens to me too much for me to even give a kitten now i just happened to catch this one on fraps.

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

I should start recording stuff.. I have had the same happening to me as of late. It happened every once in a while before but by now it’s almost 50% of the 1v1’s I run into.

in WvW

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

Remove any fees penalty associated with death and you’ll probably see this happen a lot less.

in WvW

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

(c0ntinuation from above, hit post instead of preview)

I used this tactik myself. I’m not really a pvper.

When I went into WvW it’s mostly to get my points for map completion, so when I found myself in a pvp situation, I used the best method available to avoid it.

in WvW

Posted by: Khyron.8735

Khyron.8735

Eather provent people from loging when in combat

Being unable to log out would suck in those pve instances when the enemy refuses to untarget you even though you’re out of range and across the map.

Ad majorem gloriam! Ad infinitum!

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

How about this solution:

- Add official “EXIT” doors to WvW next to all waypoints.
- Charge people 25 silver deposit to play WvW.
- If you leave via the exit door you get your 25 silver deposit back plus a reward —- coin + XP + karma + badge of honour. Rewards based on your completed events/kills/gathering/etc.
- If you leave via logout or disconnect you lose 25 silver.

It punishes bad citizens enough to hurt them (1 gold every 4 quits).
It doesn’t punish people with bad networks too much (it will sting but not too much).
It rewards people who play properly.

It won’t delay people exiting WvW by much, just a quick waypoint respawn when you are out of combat mode and a short walk to the exit door.

Logout and Exit to Desktop button will have added warnings that they will lose 25 silver if they quit and ask them user to confirm this is really what they want to do.

(25 silver is just an example amount – could be more or less or a percentage of their account’s total value).

(Don’t use this system in PvE because NPCs don’t have feelings)

in WvW

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

It may not be simple logging out, it could also be a que popped for another map.

Last night, me and 2 lower levels got in to a fight with 4 enemy, it was going well, we had 3 down, untill their friends turned up, namely the main zerg and caught us by surprise.

Not proud of myself, but just then, EB is ready for you to travel. Oops I clicked travel to avoid certain death.

Would never log, its only 1 silver after all, but if a que pops. Sure, was probably only in there killing time anyway.

To the above post, I know its just a suggestion, but do you think punishing players that randomly lose connection a good idea?

(edited by Bish.8627)

in WvW

Ascii.9726

Not being able to log out whilst in combat and keeping you online until your out of combat/ die after closing down the client would be the most simple fix.

Sure it would affect people who disconnect but there is no solution that fix’s the issue that wont affect people losing connection.

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

That should have never been left for a fix.

in WvW

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

Ring of Fire do this all the time, it’s rather cute.

in WvW

Posted by: Scheherazade.5498

Scheherazade.5498

So that’s what happened to the warrior I was chasing. I wasn’t aware that people could log out during combat in WvW. I also was chasing a mesmer who had exhausted just about all of his escape skills and poof he was gone, never saw him again. They really should fix this. As someone already suggested above, Anet should disallow logging out during combat, and if you get disconnected your body remains in the world for at least 10 – 15 seconds – time enough for your opponent to finish you off. It is not your opponent’s fault that you get disconnected and it is unfair to rob them of possible badges/loot just because your connection is unstable.