The Insane Dragon Hunter Pull

in WvW

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Dat Spear of Justice though!

https://youtu.be/FP3wftFMwrY

O_O

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

Spear of justice doesn’t pull Spear of Justice.The guardian sword skill Pull (guardian_skill) only has a 600 range .
Funny video but still very odd.

in WvW

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

I… dont know what you do with your guardian, Mokk. The Dragonhunter F1, Spear of Justice, once used, is replaced with a 1200 range pull. And as of late, its interacting with slopes in a hilarious way

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

unblockable pull mind you

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

But can be dodged, or negated with stability.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

i know that.. just about anything can be dodged. i was just stating that its unblockable.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I wish my pull was unblockable. But, alas, I have a trait of my own that makes it so I can’t be pulled. I’m sure other classes do too.

in WvW

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

i know that.. just about anything can be dodged. i was just stating that its unblockable.

i know that.. the tool tip says “unblockable”.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I… dont know what you do with your guardian, Mokk. The Dragonhunter F1, Spear of Justice, once used, is replaced with a 1200 range pull. And as of late, its interacting with slopes in a hilarious way

My mistake. I’m very new to Dragon Hunter.Did not see Hunter’s verdict.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Dh F1 can pull targets from the other side of the wall to, the target will fly vertically and then teleport dead at ur feet outside of the wall.

blind > unblokcables.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

This happened to me the other day. Wiped 3 in a 4v1 and was running when I saw 3 more coming (everything was on cd aside from 1 skill). I tried to run down a slope (From ogres pit toward umb camp) and a DH caught me and pulled me and I shot straight up for insta death from fall damage.

This shouldn’t happen and is a bug that should probably be looked at…although for a moment I felt like what it would be like to fly in wvw.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Is it just me, or does this pull interrupt ancestral grace?

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Is it just me, or does this pull interrupt ancestral grace?

that would explain why some druids get “interrupted” and dont get pulled, just interrupted, when they dotn even have stability.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Unless things changed, if the spear lands the pull cannot be dodged or negated in any way except stability.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Unless things changed, if the spear lands the pull cannot be dodged or negated in any way except stability.

If you use a movement skill (Warrior Great Sword dash for instance) that puts you out of 1200 range while still hooked by the spear, you won’t get pulled in.

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

If you use a movement skill (Warrior Great Sword dash for instance) that puts you out of 1200 range while still hooked by the spear, you won’t get pulled in.

Yes, although I assumed that to be rather obvious :P

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Your statement “cannot be dodged or negated in any way except stability” didn’t seem to make it obvious at all. :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Your statement “cannot be dodged or negated in any way except stability” didn’t seem to make it obvious at all. :-)

Locking into a movement skill is a really nice way to invite the guardian to pull you and trap you in melee before you’re out of range though.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

dodge, blinds?

Altough i would not matter if instead of fix, Anet change the skill for somehting else.

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’s also too fast to be dodged without luck or telepathy. Unless you’re at max range, it’s probably going to hit you before your dodge evade takes effect.

I’ve reviewed video of it hitting me at medium distance (~700-900 units). I dodge almost immediately after the hook projectile is launched and it hits my character mid-dodge, but still hooks. Maybe that’s lag, but I have decent ping. If anyone is interested, I could post the slowed down clip.

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

dodge, blinds?

Altough i would not matter if instead of fix, Anet change the skill for somehting else.

It ignores them; if the spear part lands, there literally is no counter unless you happen to get out of range before he presses F1 again or have stability.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s also too fast to be dodged without luck or telepathy. Unless you’re at max range, it’s probably going to hit you before your dodge evade takes effect.

I’ve reviewed video of it hitting me at medium distance (~700-900 units). I dodge almost immediately after the hook projectile is launched and it hits my character mid-dodge, but still hooks. Maybe that’s lag, but I have decent ping. If anyone is interested, I could post the slowed down clip.

It is an extremely fast projectile, yes. Reducing it’s velocity would be enough to balance it out, imho. It is currently the strongest pull in the game and one of only two that’s unblockable. If anyone needs an unblockable pull, it’s Necromancer. I would still love to see Spectral Grasp either become a non-projectile (like Magnet) or become unblockable.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

“unblockable” needs to effect only skills that use the word block like aegis, shelter as example, everything else that reflects, absorb does not block so it should be a counterplay, wich reflect and absorbtion are coutnered already by ground aoe spam.

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

It is an extremely fast projectile, yes. Reducing it’s velocity would be enough to balance it out, imho. It is currently the strongest pull in the game and one of only two that’s unblockable. If anyone needs an unblockable pull, it’s Necromancer. I would still love to see Spectral Grasp either become a non-projectile (like Magnet) or become unblockable.

No need to adjust speed/make it blockable or anything like that. Simply reducing it’s range to 900 would solve 99% of the problems with this pull.

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Personally, I’m not bothered by its range. There are other 1200 range pulls out there.

I am bothered by its speed and unblockability. One or the other is fine IMO. That gives it counterplay. Currently, there isn’t much counterplay. If it were slower, it could be dodged. If it were blockable/reflectable, it could be anticipated and defended against with a wall/channeled block/bubble, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Make it work like Scorpion Wire. That pull has been busted balanced since launch and it is a rather expensive utility not a built in class bonus.

On the subject of griping about DH skills, how about the fences they drop that will always knock a player down or catch them if they try to teleport through or out of them? Teleport out of their bubble, knocked down. Teleport through their maul, caught.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Make it work like Scorpion Wire. That pull has been busted balanced since launch and it is a rather expensive utility not a built in class bonus.

On they subject of griping about DH skills, how about the fences they drop that will always knock a player down or catch them if they try to teleport through or out of them? Teleport out of their bubble, knocked down. Teleport through their maul, caught.

It makes more sense for thief SW being stronger than Dh F1 pull…

just because:

DH we already have JI to teleport and spam traps+burst on targets we dont need a
pull, give us something else :}
Besides makes SW great would ment DH and thief playing with tactics, thief could pull targets into DH traps if neded, wich is what game lacks alot and why gw2 is very unskilled due one class usually can do all.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)