The Most Frustrating WvW Dailies

in WvW

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

WvW has some of my least favorite daily achievements in all of GW2. Most dailies you can get pretty reliably in a short amount of time, while a couple of the WvW dailies can literally take hours to get (if you can get them at all). Having both World Ranker and WvW Keep Capture as dailies simultaneously is so frustrating.

WvW Dailies that annoy me and why:
Daily WvW Veteran Creature Slayer – This one isn’t the worst, but it’s frustrating when you just want to get it over with and have to end up afking 10 minutes so a PvE mob can spawn. Why is this a part of WvW?
Daily WvW Keep Capturer – Often impossible to get because every keep in the game ends up getting T3 upgrades, making them impossible to flip for large portions of the day. Why is something so inconsistent a daily achievement? I’ve spent hours trying to get this daily before to no avail. You often have to significantly outnumber your opponents to capture a keep which just isn’t always possible. Also, why doesn’t SMC count towards this daily? WHY?
Daily World Ranker – You have to get 5k – 10k WXP which, depending on your match-up and time of day can take anywhere from up to 2 hours. Most dailies in the game take 1 – 15 minutes to get, so why does this one take such an unbearable amount of time much longer
? I often find myself having to quit playing WvW just before ranking up to make Daily World Ranker easier the next day…

How to fix these dailies:
Veteran Creature Slayer – Just remove this one.
Keep Capturer – Remove this one unless keeps are made easier to flip in the future. At least make SMC count towards this daily…
Daily World Ranker – Reduce this one to 2500 WXP so players can get it guaranteed in a reasonable amount of time (even during times of low activity).

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

+1

/15 asuras

in WvW

Posted by: Totenkopf.9805

Totenkopf.9805

Very good point man.Agreed with every thing!

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I agree veteran creature is extremely annoying, one too many times I’ve rocked up and had to wait the full duration 10-15 mins. Very un-fun.

However, you may want to try edge. That map counts towards the WvW dailies and things flip like hot cakes in there. Easy tower/keep/NPC kills/land claimer etc.

World ranker can be bypassed quicker via Box of WvW Supplies (if it lands on that one for the day) in the Karmic Converter or Ley Line Energy tab things. Just save those up for days that need em’.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

For your complaints I’m assuming you are not a WvW player. Except for Keep capturer I have no issues with the WvW dailies and I don’t even play in a zerg.
There is no need to change the dalies as people can complete any 3 of the 12 dailies (4 of each game mode) given to them in order to get the daily reward. If you have 2 or more dailies you don’t like in WvW just go do PvP ones in a daily room or PvE ones. In fact, that’s what I do when I’m running out of time to complete the hard ones.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Veteran daily is easy, there are 3 of each so in total 9. Keep daily on the other hand is a bit weird and yes, smc caps should count towards it.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I’d go a step further and nominate objective defender. Revert it back to where a player just needs to be in the objective when the timer expires to get credit for a daily AND experience for defense. You may say nonsense, but think about Bay, Hills and Garri. When checking these objectives throughly, which often only includes 1 or 2 people checking swords, one can spend a good minute checking walls, gates, hide holes, water, inner and outer only to be kittened when the timer expires because they didn’t kill anyone. Players should be rewarded for checking taps!

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Players should be rewarded for checking taps!

You can repair the tapped gate and gain credit for that… It cost 2 supplies.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I agree with the ranking daily. When you start getting up there in rank its not going to happen in a day, which is a jerk move on the part of the developers to put something so ridiculous in! Truth its a slap in the face!

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’d go a step further and nominate objective defender. Revert it back to where a player just needs to be in the objective when the timer expires to get credit for a daily AND experience for defense. You may say nonsense, but think about Bay, Hills and Garri. When checking these objectives throughly, which often only includes 1 or 2 people checking swords, one can spend a good minute checking walls, gates, hide holes, water, inner and outer only to be kittened when the timer expires because they didn’t kill anyone. Players should be rewarded for checking taps!

Yeah that is without a doubt my least favorite.
I can 1v3 in a camp or in front of a tower that they are setting up siege at, win the fight/drive them off and get nothing. I can also run into a tower that is being attacked, throw a little supply into the wall and WP away to let it flip and get full participation.

It’s not a hard one to finish but it is just stupid.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

-agree keep and gaining 2 levels shouldn’t be in same daily, sometimes dailies are menial things that take 5 minutes to do…..other times its hours, should not be such a huge disrepency. Or rather: there should be more reward and more longer dailies to DO in general on all days. My 5 minutes of taking camps and sentries and killing guards shouldn’t net the same rewards as 1.5 hours of keep grinding and wvsw leveling.

-disagree with vet daily: I get that you may find it frustrating if you just want to drop in and get dailies done and drop out. I think its still fair though. There are 3 in alpine. 3 in desert……and well ebg has just the wurm really (that dumb harpy is a champ not a vet lol). It really should be expanded to cover all of the vet creatures on all of the maps. Maybe we can kill 2-3 instead of 1 to make it fair, since vets are alll over the place. I mean there is a vet black bear in the NW part of the desert map….which I always find really cool looking part of the map with cool npc…..and the NE there are the coolest npc ever (the silver wyverns)…..really a huge shame there is no r eason to visit these npc, vet creature daily is something that could fix this on ALL maps. If there are vets all over…..means people aren’t killing the same vets over and over. Which means equal opportunity for everyone rather than ‘luck’ or ‘camping’ a vet spot. Also rewards map exploration, and spreads people to lands they otherwise would never go to.

- agree with gaining 2 levels….takes too long for a daily. should be a single level.

-disagree with removing keep daily. keep daily is important for getting people to actually attack enemy keeps on the borderlands.

Overall: dailies should be more standardized betweeen days, promoting more map awareness, more types of fighting, and more roles.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

In general, I find WvW dailies much faster and sometimes easier than their pve counterparts, especially if Big Spender is available. If Mystic Forger shows up in the pve dailies as well, it’s almost a freebie.

It’s actually rare for me to find 3 pve dailies these days ever since they put a jumping puzzle as one of them and event completer is the worst thing ever. On the other hand, you only need 3 dailies total anyways so I don’t see much to complain about—you should never have to spend several hours on dailies you don’t have to do.

But as for the ones that annoy me in WvW:

Veteran Creature is annoying because you have to wait for respawns if someone already killed it, plus unlike the other dailies doesn’t have anything to do with WvW. It’s particularly horrid on a busy night where maps can be queued and you can’t just jump maps and also when you have tons of people that will pass on by to grab the daily. I don’t think it’d hurt to change this to say, to expand this to include a few more things.

Objective defender is obnoxious. Sometimes it’s really easy, but other times you can’t rely on it since it’s up to the enemy to attack something so you have a chance to repair. Plus there’s always the temptation to waste a little supply in that wall that keeps getting trebbed…

Keep capturer is notably harder than anything else on the list simply due to the fact the enemy doesn’t usually take lightly to someone knocking their keep for a daily.

Camp capture is easy, but it requires 2 captures while everything else on the list (including easier things like sentries or dolyaks) only requires 1. Don’t need to change this, but I consider it an oddity.

Overall, I think life would be easier if there were 5 options per game mode, but that would be more of a QoL rather than a difficulty thing.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

While I don’t play WvW for the dailies, there are some out there that come into WvW just for the dailies.

As a way to get them to play WvW longer and perhaps become a more permanent part of the game I think that the WvW dailies should be harder than PvP or PvE rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I almost hate to say this but in the course of a night if I join up with an active group in WvW it seems that the dailies always take care of themselves. Even the rank up… I don’t believe it’s a full rank.. just a rank level…. get that rank bar from one side to the other.. I always get the daily when that happens.
As for the veterans… there are more than one on each map and so easy to get that they’re boring… I’ll usually get a few hits in while people take it down then leave to the next thing… always get the credit… yep I’m lazy that way.. :P But really more interested in the real wvw stuff and absolutely never focused on the dailies..

As noted.. the dailies always take care of themselves for me when I join an active group… large or small.. it’s not hard if you have a group that knows what they’re doing.. and DBL is always there for a Keep capture… there almost always seems to be one that is T1 and an easy cap…. and DBL being what it is I’ve taken keeps with 3 people more than once…

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I agree with the ranking daily. When you start getting up there in rank its not going to happen in a day, which is a jerk move on the part of the developers to put something so ridiculous in! Truth its a slap in the face!

Eh what? WvW ranks is a fixed amount of XP no matter if you are rank 50 or 5000. Getting 2 ranks is like 30 minutes if you EB zerg, maybe an hour otherwise. There is nothing hard about it.

Either way, the dailies are there to encourage you to play all the aspects of the game. Not just WvW. Some are more annoying than the rest, true. But if you do something in PvE for less than 5 minutes, maybe do a single sPvP match and WvW for less than 5 minutes you are basicly guaranteed completing the 2g daily. It has to be really kittenty RNG to fail.

If you only do WvW dailies to complete it – which undoubtedly will take longer – then that is your choice. People complaining about this only have themselves to blaim. Dont want to do easy dailies? Then dont complain.

in WvW

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I think the wvw daily is about right, only SMC i think it should also count as KEEP daily.

The current daily system draw different game mode players out of their comfort zone for the daily income. I was a PvE only guy, on and off PvP with friends….

I am now a WvW player after months of doing daily in WvW, so i think the current daily system is about right.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Whle i agree to keeps and ranker being bad, veteran creature is easy. If farmed to much maybe increase spawn but never had an issue. If it´s not there just move on and pick the next one or come back later. Can´t remember needing more then 10 minutes to get it.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Sorry to disagree, they are rather easy to obtain. And I solo roam the majority of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Never had any issues getting dailies. Hop in EOTM, do there what you can, rest with your guild, problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Half the time I start my nightly wvw with 1/3 daily to begin with becuase I Farm guild nodes as soon as I log in and there is usually a PvE mine/lumber daily.

Vet 9/10 times is just see and grab, once in awhile your sitting at queued maps and people killing them fast, that’s when you take the super sneak route and run outer edge on an enemies bl, it’s nice to do once in awhile and if you flip NE camp on the way around from harpy to warm, then skip north camp and flip nw camp, you are sending a nice havoc message to the enemy.

Keep sucks when you hit a map like dbblue, see a tag in air keep and run your heart out only to miss the opportunity.

Generally the selection has quick ones like camper, guard, tower…

But keep / rank can be rough, keep your birthday boosters for those days

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

these PvE freaks on WvW……..
—————————-
Would you mind if I hurt you?
Understand that I need to
Wish that I had other choices
than to harm the one I love

What have you done now?!

I know I’d better stop trying
You know that there’s no denying
I won’t show mercy on you now
I know, should stop believing
I know, there’s no retrieving
It’s over now, what have you done?

What have you done now?!

I, I’ve been waiting for someone like you
But now you are slipping away… oh
Why, why does fate make us suffer?
There’s a curse between us, between me and you

What have you done?! What have you done?!
What have you done now?!
What have you done now?!

Would you mind if I killed you?
Would you mind if I tried to?
’cause you have turned into my worst enemy
You carry hate that I don’t feel
It’s over now
What have you done?

What have you done now?!

What have you done now?!

What have you done now?!
What have you done now?!
What have you done now, what have you done?…

I will not fall, won’t let it go
We will be free when it ends

What have you done now?!

What have you done now?!
Why, why does fate make us suffer

from the lyrics on “What Have You Done?”
by Within Temptation

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Kamara.4187

Eh what? WvW ranks is a fixed amount of XP no matter if you are rank 50 or 5000. Getting 2 ranks is like 30 minutes if you EB zerg, maybe an hour otherwise. There is nothing hard about it.

Either way, the dailies are there to encourage you to play all the aspects of the game. Not just WvW. Some are more annoying than the rest, true. But if you do something in PvE for less than 5 minutes, maybe do a single sPvP match and WvW for less than 5 minutes you are basicly guaranteed completing the 2g daily. It has to be really kittenty RNG to fail.

If you only do WvW dailies to complete it – which undoubtedly will take longer – then that is your choice. People complaining about this only have themselves to blaim. Dont want to do easy dailies? Then dont complain.

I wvw. That is what I do, and usually I’m doing the job most can’t be bothered to do like babysitting a keep and keeping the siege in world so it don’t despawn (often at hills, garri and bay at the same time). Oh and I also play in the wee hours of the morning while most are sleeping so jump back.

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

I wvw. That is what I do, and usually I’m doing the job most can’t be bothered to do like babysitting a keep and keeping the siege in world so it don’t despawn (often at hills, garri and bay at the same time). Oh and I also play in the wee hours of the morning while most are sleeping so jump back.

Yes Kamara… and THAT is another one of the problems with the dailies that just came to mind. There seriously should be a daily that involves maintaining a Keep for a specified period of time… or refreshing a certain number of siege etc.

The fact that there are so very few people like you is disappointing… but the fact that there ARE people like you there that actually help your team have a chance against an incoming blob because the siege was still there is a blessing!

ANet should really make a new daily that involves siege maintenance in Keeps!

in WvW

Kamara.4187

Yes Kamara… and THAT is another one of the problems with the dailies that just came to mind. There seriously should be a daily that involves maintaining a Keep for a specified period of time… or refreshing a certain number of siege etc.

The fact that there are so very few people like you is disappointing… but the fact that there ARE people like you there that actually help your team have a chance against an incoming blob because the siege was still there is a blessing!

ANet should really make a new daily that involves siege maintenance in Keeps!

Thank you Tim and I appreciate all that you do for our server and team. +1 for anything that will promote refreshing siege and help defenders. I like to run around looking for fights and having fun also, but I learned early on that its your defenders that not only help hold objectives, but are often also the commanders eyes in many cases. Its a team effort

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

I think that you miss the point of the dailies… For many people it’s NOT just about getting that little 2g hit for doing 3 dailies.. Many people like to do ALL the dailies they can in every aspect of the game they can. Anyone who plays this game a lot knows it’s super easy to get the 2g for the daily stuff… and that’s without even trying really.. I get that when I’m on within the hour regardless of where I am it seems.

But for those that like to do all the dailies (and I know a few myself) then this becomes a different issue.

The OP makes the WvW dailies sound more difficult than they actually are, and for him that’s a reality. Slapping people down for their view isn’t productive. Providing reasonable answers and solutions is.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I think that you miss the point of the dailies… For many people it’s NOT just about getting that little 2g hit for doing 3 dailies.. Many people like to do ALL the dailies they can in every aspect of the game they can. Anyone who plays this game a lot knows it’s super easy to get the 2g for the daily stuff… and that’s without even trying really.. I get that when I’m on within the hour regardless of where I am it seems.

But for those that like to do all the dailies (and I know a few myself) then this becomes a different issue.

The OP makes the WvW dailies sound more difficult than they actually are, and for him that’s a reality. Slapping people down for their view isn’t productive. Providing reasonable answers and solutions is.

Completionists do what they do with a purpose. I fail to see why “hard” dailies would ever deter them. That is the only reasonable answer. PvE will have much more annoying dailies, not to mention sPvP if a class you never play pop up and you get the privilege to loose 5 times in a row. If people want to do everything – get every daily, every skin, every legendary or every achievement in the game I doubt they have time for WvW anyway. And if you want to play WvW… well then who cares about achievements? Not doing every WvW achievement aint gonna change WvW for you. If it does… well I cant relate. Sorry.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There is absolutely no obligation for the game to provide you with anything if you’re going for “extra credit”. That’s just self imposed.

Though I do think the individual chests could be buffed a little. PvE gives you crafting materials, and that small reward boost we get isn’t bad, but not that impressive either.

If you do really want it, the best way to guarantee any daily (besides keep, and it’s the best chance too) is to find the most deserted map where your server is weakest, and tag up to gather up as many pugs on the map as you can because if they’re on the map, they often will have the same agenda. And no, you don’t need a blob, 5-10 can easily capture most lesser structures and net 2 levels pretty easily. If you don’t have a tag, then ask out if there’s anyone that would like to run. Or find some friends or guildies.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

When you’re camping veteran harpy, it finally spawns and you get ganked by 2 thieves…. the rage man, the rage is so real.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I don’t play for the dailies at all but, the OP has a point if it’s so mind numbingly easy and very little time invested in every other mode then WvW should be no different. Is it a priority ? definitely not but I also suspect changing a couple numbers is not an extensive procedure.

We get rewarded very little in comparison to PvE to begin with, I don’t see why our dailies (for those that actively care) should be harder or more time consuming to achieve.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I don’t play for the dailies at all but, the OP has a point if it’s so mind numbingly easy and very little time invested in every other mode then WvW should be no different. Is it a priority ? definitely not but I also suspect changing a couple numbers is not an extensive procedure.

We get rewarded very little in comparison to PvE to begin with, I don’t see why our dailies (for those that actively care) should be harder or more time consuming to achieve.

They aren’t, by and large. Even while I’m recuperating from a health issue that means I can’t play worth a kitten, I do anywhere from 1-3 dailies in WvW because they’re easier than some of the pita options in PvE, like “activities,” “adventures,” daily events or (actually doing) JP’s (no portal).

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

When you’re camping veteran harpy, it finally spawns and you get ganked by 2 thieves…. the rage man, the rage is so real.

The daily veteran is the best. I like waiting for a ganker thief to show up – so I can gank them. Though, to flatten those thieves like the squishy bugs they are, a well played Mesmer is a scary character to show up with.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

I agree with the veteran creature daily.. that one doesnt seem to do anything with wvw except being in a wvw map…..
The rest are completely fine though.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I disagree. These are not difficult to do. Sure you have to wait a little bit for the veteran. And Keeps are easy. Find a tag on a map and hope for the best. As far as WvW Ranker. It takes me maybe a hour of running around capping things, or killing peeps, you will be out there anyway so what’s the issue? Or are you one of those that feels they need a participation trophy for just showing up?

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

so odd.. I’ve never had to wait for a vet… there are a few on each map it seems and easy to find, even in the water at the south end of the Alpine bl’s… If by any chance one isn’t there, it take a minute or two at best to find another… .. just sayin.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

WvW has some of my least favorite daily achievements in all of GW2. Most dailies you can get pretty reliably in a short amount of time, while a couple of the WvW dailies can literally take hours to get (if you can get them at all). Having both World Ranker and WvW Keep Capture as dailies simultaneously is so frustrating.

WvW Dailies that annoy me and why:
Daily WvW Veteran Creature Slayer – This one isn’t the worst, but it’s frustrating when you just want to get it over with and have to end up afking 10 minutes so a PvE mob can spawn. Why is this a part of WvW?
Daily WvW Keep Capturer – Often impossible to get because every keep in the game ends up getting T3 upgrades, making them impossible to flip for large portions of the day. Why is something so inconsistent a daily achievement? I’ve spent hours trying to get this daily before to no avail. You often have to significantly outnumber your opponents to capture a keep which just isn’t always possible. Also, why doesn’t SMC count towards this daily? WHY?
Daily World Ranker – You have to get 5k – 10k WXP which, depending on your match-up and time of day can take anywhere from up to 2 hours. Most dailies in the game take 1 – 15 minutes to get, so why does this one take such an unbearable amount of time much longer
? I often find myself having to quit playing WvW just before ranking up to make Daily World Ranker easier the next day…

How to fix these dailies:
Veteran Creature Slayer – Just remove this one.
Keep Capturer – Remove this one unless keeps are made easier to flip in the future. At least make SMC count towards this daily…
Daily World Ranker – Reduce this one to 2500 WXP so players can get it guaranteed in a reasonable amount of time (even during times of low activity).

Seriously?

Veteran can be done on multiple maps and at multiple locations.
Keep capture is an option – if your server can’t do it (for any reason) ignore it and do the other choice.
World ranker – use a boost, flip camps, flip NPC’s, and flip centaur or skritt.

I was actually expecting ruin/monument to be your tough nut to crack due to roamers hunting those locations when that daily is up. Honestly surprised because two of your three are chump change easy and you can ignore the keep. This stuff isn’t meant to be a walk in the park. You are, after all, playing in a war zone…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Because if you or the OP are being honest you would agree they are not difficult. The only one remotely difficult is Keep Capture. If anything I’d double or triple that reward and not remove or change it otherwise.

Boosts take care of the World EXP issue. Know what to do and it goes by in no time. Hook up with a commander, even faster. I can solo it in no time even when out numbered or playing in a matchup that we are getting steam rolled. Vets are a no brainer. You may have to travel a bit but again several choices across two maps.

I’d wager either of you probably didn’t like the original game launch and the need for the jump puzzles in WvW to count has map complete…boy, those bring back threads with alligator tears.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Because if you or the OP are being honest you would agree they are not difficult. The only one remotely difficult is Keep Capture. If anything I’d double or triple that reward and not remove or change it otherwise.

Boosts take care of the World EXP issue. Know what to do and it goes by in no time. Hook up with a commander, even faster. I can solo it in no time even when out numbered or playing in a matchup that we are getting steam rolled. Vets are a no brainer. You may have to travel a bit but again several choices across two maps.

I’d wager either of you probably didn’t like the original game launch and the need for the jump puzzles in WvW to count has map complete…boy, those bring back threads with alligator tears.

If myself or the OP was being honest ? lolok I really don’t care if they change them or not, it does however make sense if what the OP is saying is true. The day I play this game to do dailies … I’m not even going to finish this sentence because it will never happen. As for map completion, never done it, don’t care, never intend to. Anything else you would like to be so incredibly wrong about ?

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

If myself or the OP was being honest ? lolok I really don’t care if they change them or not, it does however make sense if what the OP is saying is true. The day I play this game to do dailies … I’m not even going to finish this sentence because it will never happen. As for map completion, never done it, don’t care, never intend to. Anything else you would like to be so incredibly wrong about ?

Well, maybe we can start with a daily in a PvP zone. Or maybe we can start with the difficulty bit about veterans (multiple choices and map selections) or how one can use boosts to gain world exp faster.

The only one I’d remotely call difficult is taking a keep. That usually depends on the server or pairing. But even then you have other choices to complete the WvW daily and therefore only losing on one possible reward.

What is the issue again?

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

None of that matters to me, it does not affect me in any manner, if and when I complete a daily it’s as simple as “oh look I forgot I get stuff for doing stuff”. However, the OP seems to be the type of person that cares and so if what he/she says is true that completing dailies is more time consuming in WvW then it should be changed to fall in line with every other game mode for the sake of those who give 2 craps.

If nothing changes, I personally won’t even notice. The point is making it enjoyable for everyone and if Dailies are what some players play for then by all means change them to suit these people. It won’t affect those of us who do not care either way.

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

None of that matters to me, it does not affect me in any manner, if and when I complete a daily it’s as simple as “oh look I forgot I get stuff for doing stuff”. However, the OP seems to be the type of person that cares and so if what he/she says is true that completing dailies is more time consuming in WvW then it should be changed to fall in line with every other game mode for the sake of those who give 2 craps.

If nothing changes, I personally won’t even notice. The point is making it enjoyable for everyone and if Dailies are what some players play for then by all means change them to suit these people. It won’t affect those of us who do not care either way.

I see your point. And I also see that it isn’t a issue for you. Fair enough.

Counter point would be a WvW / PvP’er trying to do PvE dailies and saying something similar. My point I guess is that if one can look at it without their personal biasness then most would agree they are relatively easy to accomplish outside the taking of a keep with multiple options to find and/or complete objectives.

This is just my opinion. Doesn’t mean it is right or wrong. Personally I think the game has been simplified enough but that is just me. And trust me, I’m one of the vocal people complaining on how difficult “I” think it is to craft nevermore…so I have my own baggage

in WvW

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

I have no problem with WVW dailies. Yes some may be boring or take a while but there is enough variety to give everyone a chance to get a couple easily each day, and if you play a lot of WVW you will easily get completion. If not well there are the PVE vistas and gathering dailies.

It’s in a good place right now don’t fix what isn’t broken.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The problem with dailies only players in WvW is that they might give Anet a false sense of a server’s WvW population level. It’s just like crafters could take away spots of active WvW players on a map, and you don’t see crafting tables in WvW anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Veteran Daily can remain, just half the reward value (WxP, rank progression etc.) and reduce the respawn time to 50%.

Daily Ranker is a leftover when there were WxP potions in the game (both from chests and as a Laurel reward). It has at least go down to one rank and not the current two.

Reducing Camp cap to one camp will make it more convenient, but it is not important to change that.

Defender is a very iffy thing, because you can defend, but not get a reward (e.g. using siege against attackers without killing anyone or driving the enemy away).

Tower , is OK, as is the monument & land claimer.

Keep cap’s are way too often dependent on other people, time and server status. That is the worst and should just be removed.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Wxp potions still “drop”. It will be automated added when you get it on a kill.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Wxp potions still “drop”. It will be automated added when you get it on a kill.

But you cannot store them and use them when the Ranker daily shows up, which you could do when the daily was introduced.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

My criticisms:
Keep Capturer drops a tome. I already have 6 stacks of tomes I don’t need any more. Put something else in there please.
WvW Ranker is a very long one, yeah. Switch the box to match Keep Capturer, with its new reward instead of Tome of Knowledge.

Maybe attach 500 WXP to the reward potions so that you can just buy the daily, like you can with PvP Rewards Daily.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Capture Stonemist is super annoying.

Also Capture and place orb is super annoying.

Where are our orbs by the way. They said 3 months but it has been almost 4 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Capture Stonemist is super annoying.

Also Capture and place orb is super annoying.

Where are our orbs by the way. They said 3 months but it has been almost 4 years.

They added borderlands bloodlust as a replacement.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Defender is terrible. Sometimes, you’re here, you do thngs, you kill PC, you get credit for event, you don’t get daily. Sometimes, you do all of the above, you don’t get credit. Sometimes, you stomp PC right after event expires and before it starts back and you don’t get credit.

Sometimes you just walk there minding your business, and you get the achievement.