The New CDI Topics

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

The next round of CDI topics will be starting on Monday 17th February.

The topics will be as follows:

PVE: How would you like to see us evolve Fractals?- Owner- Chris Whiteside

PvP: What would you like to see from a League system? – Owner- John Corpening

WvW: What aspects of Edge of The Mists do you think could carry over to the rest of WvW and how? – Owner- Devon Carver

Bonus: Global: Professions: How would you like to see us evolve (profession: voting is currently underway) balance?- Owner- Allie Murdock

The CDI rules are as follows:

1: This initiative is all about discussion.
2: We will not be disclosing information pertaining to what is currently in development.
3: Anger and emotion will have less impact than intelligent discussion.
4: Together we will share and evolve design philosophies which will impact how we develop the game moving forward.
5: Aggression and disrespect to a fellow community member or developer will not be tolerated, and in the extreme could lead to the shutting down of the initiative.
6: The teams primary focus is work toward the development of GW2 and therefore posting of discussion and commentary may not be as frequent as you like. Please do understand that the initiative is taken very seriously by us all and that we will be reading the discussions and joining in as often as it is possible to do so.

Finally please note this is not a competition, either between yourselves or the developers in regard to one up man ship. The point of this Initiative is to work together to make the game better.

Note: We will disclose the ideas we do or don’t like as a group but we will not discuss schedules or timing around implementation. If there is still concern surrounding how seriously we take community collaboration then please do take the time to think about how much impact the community has had on the working of this game over the year.

Chris

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Meh I guess something is better than nothing for the WvW bit, but definitely not what I was expecting to be discussed regarding WvW. I mean did Josh even pass forward the results of that 3 likes 3 hates thread???

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

There are far more important issues than what we liked about EOTM. This sort of stuff is why the WvW community feels that they are totally ignored.

EOTM is also very new. Give it more time before implementing stuff from there into actual WvW.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

As above, really that exercise Josh did was very illuminating. It appears it was only illuminating for the players however.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Why are you even continuing with “CDI” threats that pertain to WvW? I’m honestly curious because the other two accomplished NOTHING. We will say we like and dislike blah blah blah and the team will answer with more Blah blah blah and then the thread will be promptly ignored as usual.

Still waiting on transfer costs based on server ranks not over all populations.
Still waiting on anyone of the suggestion made for commander tag to be used.

Sorry Chris but maybe you guys should follow through with at least something from the previous discussions before starting another.

I’m sure you will fool more people into thinking our opinion concerns your team with this thread though.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Is it really CDI if the discussion is steered towards something they seem to already have decided and are moving on?
I thought the CDI was more about responding to the community on concerns about development and a free discussion on the desires of the players vs the constraints of development resources.

The WvW CDI sounds more like something they are already doing, or even a proactive CYA for when the changes are unpopular (3 guys said they wanted more PvE!)

Same thing with the other in fact. It’s like the previous CDI’s didn’t happen and they are simply saying “we are doing this. How much are you going to hate it?”

(edited by Chris.3290)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

I think we should treat this CDI like they did our last suggestions, that being, just ignore it, because we all know they are going to do whatever they want to anyway.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

EOTM is also very new. Give it more time before implementing stuff from there into actual WvW.

Agreed.

@Chris: I suggest picking a different topic for the next CDI. eotm is too new at this point.

How about rewards for the spring tourney as the topic? This way you can get actual feedback and then implement it vs some of the harder to do items.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I only played a few hours in EOTM, but there are some things that could “easily” apply to the borderlands and EB:

• better IA for NPC defenders, including those nasty auto-cannons
  • secondary objectives that give powerful tactical advantages (worm tunnels, etc): could be a nice way to use the centaur/skritt areas in the borderlands and help spread the blobs around a bit

One thing that I love in EOTM is the destructible bridges, but I think it’s a bad idea to implement them in the borderlands/EB without a major map rework.

But the best thing is, in my opinion, that EOTM is not necessarily locked to your server. If there was a better way to join the Edge with a guild group (for example a “squad join” option for the commander) and there was a server list that provided basic info, like the number of players per faction, people could choose a less populated server for roaming or a more populated server if they want to blob around following a commander.
I’m not sure this could apply to the borderlands/EB, but similar solutions have been suggested in this forum earlier, and maybe it’s worth a tought.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Glad to know about the voting after it already ended, thanks.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Why are you even continuing with “CDI” threats that pertain to WvW? I’m honestly curious because the other two accomplished NOTHING. We will say we like and dislike blah blah blah and the team will answer with more Blah blah blah and then the thread will be promptly ignored as usual.

Sorry Chris but maybe you guys should follow through with at least something from the previous discussions before starting another.

I’m sure you will fool more people into thinking our opinion concerns your team with this thread though.

My thoughts exactly.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I like that no one really cares about PPT in EotM. The karma trainers can karma train, the zergbusters can zergbust, the roamers can roam, and everyone seems to like it. I can just jump on to any random map with my guild and either find a huge blob to kill, another guild group like mine to fight, or we just move to another overflow.

The accessibility of it is great, and the fact that people are able to what they want to do without feeling forced to play the flawed PPT mechanic is nice.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

There are far more important issues than what we liked about EOTM. This sort of stuff is why the WvW community feels that they are totally ignored.

This

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

WvW: What aspects of Edge of The Mists do you think could carry over to the rest of WvW and how? – Owner- Devon Carver

Bonus: Global: Professions: How would you like to see us evolve (profession: voting is currently underway) balance?- Owner- Allie Murdock

Chris

PVE: I have no real opinion on fractals. Fighting on moving objects or clones of your party members might be cool.

PVP: As in spvp? As in leaderboards? The current leaderboards don’t make any sense. It would be nice if they did, I guess.

WvW/EotM: I would have always thought that those mysterious probes were how you’d access EotM from WvW. It would look cool to see an animation of you porting up through those into the center area of EotM. You have the pads in the center area as if that was already your intention. Secondly, I would like to see guards repair gates and refresh siege automatically. They basically stand there and do nothing now. They should stop draining supply at 500/1700 though.

Global – Professions: I would detract from warriors being the do-everything class. And make stealth less permanent for thieves. Give eles a heal on crit trait somewhere.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Is this a joke?

With all due respect Chris please re-read the first CDI thread before starting a new one. There are already SO MANY good ideas on these forums that it’s shocking that you would ask the community to provide additional feedback before the design team responds to what’s already out there. The level of communication the WvW community receives from you guys is horrible. If you don’t like what the community is suggesting then tell us that, and tell us why. Share with us what your vision is for the future of WvW so that we know what issues are still up for debate and what’s already been decided. Not everyone will like the end result but at least you’ll get some genuine feedback.

The more you keep the wvw community in the dark the more we feel that WvW is dying and that you guys have no idea how to fix it.

Sincerely,

-Tekyn

“I feel like Iā€™m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

If there is still concern surrounding how seriously we take community collaboration then please do take the time to think about how much impact the community has had on the working of this game over the year.

Honestly, the only thing I can think of where the community got what they wanted (more or less) was with the Obsidian Sanctum for GvGs. And that only happened because there was no containing the unholy rage at what happened beforehand.

So what I take from this is, that the only reason you still haven’t acted on the WvW population balance CDI, is because we haven’t gotten angry enough for you yet? v(O_o)v

(edited by Grav.3568)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: phantomlord.3417

phantomlord.3417

It seems utterly useless to post anything constructive on this topic, or any other future WvW CDI topic. Its was very clear to me that you didn’t listen for a thing the WvW community wanted based on the last CDI topic. The only thing i can think of that the community got what they wanted was the Obsidian Sanctum. This only happened because of an event that happened in game with one of your Developers. It seems to we have to be very negative to get anything out of you guys.

Generalrob

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Doodakoff.5246

Doodakoff.5246

This.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Is this a joke?

With all due respect Chris please re-read the first CDI thread before starting a new one. There are already SO MANY good ideas on these forums that it’s shocking that you would ask the community to provide additional feedback before the design team responds to what’s already out there. The level of communication the WvW community receives from you guys is horrible. If you don’t like what the community is suggesting then tell us that, and tell us why. Share with us what your vision is for the future of WvW so that we know what issues are still up for debate and what’s already been decided. Not everyone will like the end result but at least you’ll get some genuine feedback.

The more you keep the wvw community in the dark the more we feel that WvW is dying and that you guys have no idea how to fix it.

Sincerely,

-Tekyn

^this^

I can’t believe you guys are starting a third WvW CDI before even giving us any summary feedback on the first two. Devon can spend the time to “participate” in another CDI but he can’t find the time to even summarize whatever ANet might have gleaned from the others?? Do you have any idea how ridiculous this looks?

Fool me once, fool me twice … but never thrice.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Why are you even continuing with “CDI” threats that pertain to WvW?

1. No company has ever done this type of thing before. Therefore there is no pre-existing framework that they can draw on to streamline the process. They are figuring it out as much as we are.
  2. Things take time to implement and test. In a recent interview ANet said that some of the results from the earlier CDIs are in development but a ways off from release. They always stated up-front that there were no guarantees on the results of the CDIs anyway. Keep in mind that EotM was in development before the CDIs.
  3. The WvW team have always been one of the more transparent and engaged teams – even before the CDI. They have also been punished for being transparent by the community. Give them a break.
  4. You are living in a reality distortion field. ANet is making an effort that nobody else is – even if you don’t like the results of the CDI at least they make an effort. You have been treated far too well for far too long and you may be out of touch with how other game developers are treating paying customers. ANet are by far one of the best examples of how to treat customers. Even I rage at them sometimes, but all it takes is to go and try and play a game of BF4 – with the crashes and outright denial that said issues exist – and I start appreciating what I have very quickly.

Chris/Josh/Devon: I definitely don’t want that discussion yet. I think what may have happened is that people said they liked EotM which was confused with wanting to talk about it. Maybe suggest a list of topics and let us vote for one?

The rest of the topics sound awesome though.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Why are you even continuing with “CDI” threats that pertain to WvW?

1. No company has ever done this type of thing before. Therefore there is no pre-existing framework that they can draw on to streamline the process. They are figuring it out as much as we are.
  2. Things take time to implement and test. In a recent interview ANet said that some of the results from the earlier CDIs are in development but a ways off from release. They always stated up-front that there were no guarantees on the results of the CDIs anyway. Keep in mind that EotM was in development before the CDIs.
  3. The WvW team have always been one of the more transparent and engaged teams – even before the CDI. They have also been punished for being transparent by the community. Give them a break.
  4. You are living in a reality distortion field. ANet is making an effort that nobody else is – even if you don’t like the results of the CDI at least they make an effort. You have been treated far too well for far too long and you may be out of touch with how other game developers are treating paying customers. ANet are by far one of the best examples of how to treat customers. Even I rage at them sometimes, but all it takes is to go and try and play a game of BF4 – with the crashes and outright denial that said issues exist – and I start appreciating what I have very quickly.

Chris/Josh/Devon: I definitely don’t want that discussion yet. I think what may have happened is that people said they liked EotM which was confused with wanting to talk about it. Maybe suggest a list of topics and let us vote for one?

The rest of the topics sound awesome though.

I stopped reading at no company has ever done this type of thing before, this must be your first MMO. Its cute you think Anet is the first company that has had player interaction to help with design.

Now that I’ve read the rest

1. Your wrong
  2. Anet has had plenty of time to implement some of the lesser suggestion but chose to work on unrelated projects.
  3. Is this a joke ?
  4. In order for me to like or dislike the results there would have to be …. results.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Really??
Was anything addressed from the last 2 CDI’s
?
You found out that (big surprise) the biggest issue people have is population imbalance.

So… You create a season 2 league with better rewards for further stacking the top few servers.
Good job, no seriously… /eyeroll

Does it even matter what is said in this thread, it’s a thinly veiled attempt at trying to show us you care, when all that really matters to you is the money you make from server transfers.

~Tarnished Coast~

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

What happened to the summary of the previous CDIs that we were promised? We didn’t even get that.

History shows that we will all give our ideas and they’ll say a few kind words about our comments; then they’ll just turn around and do whatever it was they were planning on doing anyway: make WvW look more and more like syhammer — because everyone loves that map, right?

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

Chris all i wanna say is – 42 members of my guild,all hard core wvw players are leaving the game in about month-month and a half.You guys think about this,and ask yourself,why one small good wvw guild that is playing gw2 since day one is leaving.

(edited by Avit.3165)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The “only 3 sides” of EotM is a good thing from match balance point of view, and the adaptive overflow maps are good from a coverage point of view, however in it’s current form it destroys two other important things:
- identification
- interest for matchoutcome.

But how about merging all worlds into 3 NA (2-3 english, 0-1 spanish) and 3 EU (1 german, 1 french, 1 english/others) server (overflow maps easily provide the capacity for PvE, maybe 2-3 permant and addressable copies per server, manpower intesive things like teq/mario/worm become better doable 24/7 this way) .

This would give each server enough manpower to play different WvW-matches with with good coverage on different playtimes and durations:
- the 24/7 match as it is now
- a weekend match (Fr 18:00 till So 23:00)
- for EU a primetime match, i.e. every day 18:00-24:00 (7 times 6h), not shure what the adequate equivalent for NA would be (one for NA prime AND one for oceanic prime?)
- EotM 3h matches
- always obsidian

Matches can have different number of maps per match (e.g. the primetime match could consist of the 3 borderlands 2 times EB and EotM (all count for scoring).

This way matches can be MUCH better adapted to coverage of avalaible players (as now in EotM) AND you still retain competition and identification with a world.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

What I want to see is EoTM being an overflow map and actually acting like overflow – as in, if WvW isn’t queued, then EoTM isn’t accessible.

I’d also like to see the chest reward system being brought over to regular WvW, or the chest reward system removed from EoTM (to make it even).

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

What I want to see is EoTM being an overflow map and actually acting like overflow – as in, if WvW isn’t queued, then EoTM isn’t accessible.

Bad idea, low wvw-pop server cannot play EotM if you do it that way.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

So basically you have decided on something and you are trying to throw some dust in our eyes again… Let me ask you – how gullible do you think we are?

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

give us tags, guild halls based on guild performance, less pve contents, making sens of finished week matches cos it fills like u didn’t achive anything, make sense of server leader etc. this is how u’ll get more interest from mass pvp players and i’m not talking only about GW2 population. Most of the games that have huge mass pvp/sieges are based on the sens of doing it as taking a castle brings u some kind of bonuses to the guild posesing it.
EoTM is atm bedge/karma farming map and nothing else.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

THIS

this feign interest from a-net makes me sick

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

THIS

Well, if you look at their tournament announcement they do address most concerns from season one, though they are still incentivising blobs, coverage and transfers.

WvW: What aspects of Edge of The Mists do you think could carry over to the rest of WvW and how? ā€“ Owner- Devon Carver

Destructible bridges.
Double oil.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Well, if you look at their tournament announcement they do address most concerns from season one

Finally, someone who knows how to talk about this like an adult.

, though they are still incentivising blobs, coverage and transfers.

Agreed, but to be fair I wouldn’t know how to address this:

• The only answer the community has come up with for blobs is to increase the AOE cap – which would actually buff blobs and make them even more lucrative.
  • Again, no viable suggestions have been made (that wouldn’t adversely affect PvE – like it or not ANet have to cater for both areas of the game). One might be to have your reward tied to the server you were in before the season was announced.

Either way…

Destructible bridges.
Double oil.

In one of the other CDI threads Chris said to hold back on actual feedback until the “official” threads on Monday.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

Far too early to discuss EoTM. This must be some kind of joke.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

THIS

Well, if you look at their tournament announcement they do address most concerns from season one, though they are still incentivising blobs, coverage and transfers.

WvW: What aspects of Edge of The Mists do you think could carry over to the rest of WvW and how? ā€“ Owner- Devon Carver

Destructible bridges.
Double oil.

Your missing the point, while they may be addressing SOME of the issues from season 1 they are still completely ignoring the other two CDI threads, both of which would impact for the better their seasons/tournaments.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Moving things from EOTM into regular maps is just a band-aid on a broken system.
The BL maps have to be redesigned to have more room, and to have some unique theme to make them feel less bland. Moving more AI NPCs and pve elements into regular wvw isn’t going to fix the main issues of coverage and pop differences. That has to be addressed in a scoring system. Also, its time for you guys to show some content in wvw, these Tournament/League jokes aren’t really fooling anyone. Most of my guild are moving to ESO, which they think sucks. But they at least feel that there might be some hope for RVR before CU comes out. All because there is no vision for WVW at anet. YOU need to give fans some kind of idea as to what this will evolve to if you want them to care.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

Hi All,

The next round of CDI topics will be starting on Monday 17th February.

The topics will be as follows:

The CDI rules are as follows:

1: This initiative is all about discussion.
2: We will not be disclosing information pertaining to what is currently in development.
3: Anger and emotion will have less impact than intelligent discussion.
4: Together we will share and evolve design philosophies which will impact how we develop the game moving forward.
5: Aggression and disrespect to a fellow community member or developer will not be tolerated, and in the extreme could lead to the shutting down of the initiative.
6: The teams primary focus is work toward the development of GW2 and therefore posting of discussion and commentary may not be as frequent as you like. Please do understand that the initiative is taken very seriously by us all and that we will be reading the discussions and joining in as often as it is possible to do so.

Finally please note this is not a competition, either between yourselves or the developers in regard to one up man ship. The point of this Initiative is to work together to make the game better.

Note: We will disclose the ideas we do or don’t like as a group but we will not discuss schedules or timing around implementation. If there is still concern surrounding how seriously we take community collaboration then please do take the time to think about how much impact the community has had on the working of this game over the year.

Chris

I appreciate the EOTM implementation…I also believe you already plan to move in this direction and are looking for any downside to the move.

Bring the Red, Blue, Green sides to WvW. Just like EOTM.

Shorten the reset on WvW to a few days or even a day or something…IMO a week is too long.

Overflow in WvW should work like EOTM…also since you now would have overflow maps in WvW….drop the map limit to something like 50-60 ppl total. However, I would allow GUILDS to queue at the same time…so guilds and parties could queue together and raid together.

Similar to the supply drop…implement some sort of reward for winning for the week….also show how much each server contributed to the score of their color (I.E. SoR is red and Mag is red….which server contributed the most to the score % wise or something), not sure what metric you could use for that…but would be cool to see and would still help keep up server pride.

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I don’t know how you wrote any of that with a straight face. I know that I laughed out loud when I read it.

1- Several companies have done a FAR better job of keeping engaged with their customer base than anyone associated with WvW has. Rift is the best recent example that I can think of. I played Rift for 18 months, and although I left that game because I thought GW2’s WvW would be better than Rift’s Conquest, I truly miss the openness and candor that the Rift devs maintained with players on the forums. Mistakes were readily acknowledged, problems were explained, and fixes were projected. I no longer play that game, but I recently visited their forums and the devs are still just as active as they were before even though the game is in decline.

2- Most of us aren’t asking for overnight action. We’re asking for acknowledgement and feedback. We want to know which suggestions from players match ANet’s vision for future direction of WvW, and we want to know what is viable and what isn’t. We want participation from ANet and yet can’t even get a summary of what they gathered from the CDIs.

3- This one made me choke. By all indications the WvW team has been the LEAST transparent of any group at ANet, at least since Habbib left. We get zero participation and zero feeedback. Don’t believe me? You tell me … what have you learned from any ANet dev that gives you any idea which things in WvW will be addressed or what direction the game is headed?? Please be specific and for god’s sake don’t say Season 2.

4- ANet is the poster child for how NOT to treat customers. The WvW forums are full of pleas for responses and expressions of frustration that players aren’t being listened to. Please identify a single idea from either of the previous two WvW CDIs that ANet has even acknowledged as being viable, much less indicated they would act upon.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

Terrible CDI topic for WvW but I’m not really upset because the previous CDI topics accomplished nothing because they looked like they were taking the approach “we already have our mind made up but lets try to make it look like we care for a little bit.” This topic is bad for two reasons. One being that EoTM just came out and it’s too early. The other being that this is far less important and relevant of a topic in WvW than many other subjects.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

THIS

Destructible bridges.
Double oil.

I’m sorry you think they are addressing most of the issues from season 1? MOST? If they are still incentivising blobs, coverage, and transfers that’s pretty much the major issues with season 1. The scoring system is another issue that was actually discussed way back when HoD was dominant, which still isn’t addressed.

So tell me exactly what issues were addressed? The only ones I’m seeing are that rewards are going to be better, but that isn’t something that should have been done given the disparity between tiers/servers. The match ups will still be horrible with T1 servers facing T2/T3 every other matchup. The major issues needed fixed so that we could have a “fair” tournament where at least a handful servers had the chance of winning. Until then it’s all a great big farce to get more money from transfers as people stack for rewards.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

I just wanna see new devs that work with us instead of doing things nobody wants.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

As a previous poster said, it’s clear that they have a vision for WvW that does not include population balancing and that they have no time budgeted for changes to commander functionality (as probably the most purchased item in the game that costs over 100G, you think it would warrant some interest).

With that in mind, why don’t they share their vision for WvW? The current direction points in ending WvW matchups due to all the population only being on a few servers, then leaving EotM in place till people get bored and hopefully do more SPvP so they can realize their E-Sport ambitions.

If that is not the case, then we really want to know because interest is waning and with a viable (if not totally desirable) alternative to release in the near future along with WvW/RvR focused development in the early stages; it’s clear that GW2 is going to see it’s active player base drop severely in 2014 unless they articulate their plans for large scale PvP.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The thing I really like about EOTM is the Keep and Tower designs and the terrain (minus all the edges to fall off from and maze of bridges). I would love to see more of this type of design implemented into our main WvW maps.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Dear Chris,

I am always surprised at how harsh people can be. It makes me feel a bit bad for you guys having to deal with it but I guess we learn to take the bad with the good.

I am on ET, one of the “bronze tier servers”. At the moment, we are doing well in WvW and moving up. However on that note, the thing that excited me the most about EOTM was that I would get a chance to play with other servers! The opportunity to meet new people and fight in a different tier persay, was thrilling to me. I have learned alot of different tactics ect. I know some people are very dedicated to their servers and will hate this aspect. I do love ET but I am not adverse to sharing things with other servers.

However, maybe it could be implemented partially? Not on borderlands but in EB? I dont’ know that’s probably a can of worms that is impossible to deal with but its a thought.

Tournaments is coming up and population imbalance is one of the most cried about things, across the board so something like this, would be great in my opinion.

I LOVE that matches are shorter in EOTM.

Also I love that supply is handled differently and siege is not as important in EOTM. Its not gone, it just takes a back seat. There’s alot more killing.. I like killing.

Thank you for your time and consideration team!

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I wouldn’t say the posts are harsh, they are however reality and truth, the truth hurts. My point is, they can make all the CDI threads they want, they could make a new one each week but, if they never act on the threads then what is the point of having them ?

Its an honest question and from the looks of the posts it a question several people are asking, my goal isn’t to attack Chris and make his life misserable I have nothing against Chris. The point is to get some answers about the issues that we the player base voted on as our biggest concerns and to date seem to have fallen on deaf ears. These threads although named CDI are everything but a CDI thread, there is no collaberation and it seems no development so why keep asking us what we think ?

I don’t see that as harsh, I see it as an honest question that I believe we deserve an answer to nothing more and nothing less.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Trimula.7651

Trimula.7651

One Word…………….End Game!

Many past games of this type have met their fate of declining playership because they miss the mark of top concerns of the player base. PvE is a beautiful thing to and what motivate players to keep pushing; but at some point, when you have all the best stuff PvE has to offer, players turn to the End Game to use their toys. WvW player base has been growing non-stop since 3 to 4 months after the game opening day. some player focus on end game content earlier then others, but even the slower players start yearning for great end game stuff. The WvW player base feel that the WvW design team has reached a plateau. When you reach a plateau, player concerns for help is coming, it does not, Legends(players) in WvW start leading less, before leaving altoghter, then final collapse.
Designers should be paying very close attention to the voices of mature players that have played in many past games, because on some servers the End Game never showed up at all.

I feel GW2 is a great product, but please focus on material that offers hope for End Game content.

(edited by Trimula.7651)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

re: upcoming WvW cdi

the discussion will boil down to:
1. People who like pve in wvw vs those who don’t.
2. destructible elements in the world pro vs con

this is really a discussion that should be had after the new league season thing, not before

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

In terms of EoTM, I love how it is laid out, and how the keep lords take a long time to down (as opposed to how easy they are to kill on the BL maps).

But, really, I would like more population in WvW. EoTM has taken away a lot of my servers population, and has made WvW very imblanaced (it has happened to other servers as well).

Maybe we should change the mist war structure, to where we have EB, and maybe another map to fight for. 4 maps are way too many for the populations of most of the servers.

In terms of PvE, I would love for you to go through all your dungeons, and get rid of the kittened ability to stack. I feel stacking as being an exploit, and it takes the fun out of the dungeon for me.

(edited by Andrew Clear.1750)

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

I like that no one really cares about PPT in EotM. The karma trainers can karma train, the zergbusters can zergbust, the roamers can roam, and everyone seems to like it. I can just jump on to any random map with my guild and either find a huge blob to kill, another guild group like mine to fight, or we just move to another overflow.

The accessibility of it is great, and the fact that people are able to what they want to do without feeling forced to play the flawed PPT mechanic is nice.

But the problem with that is that it becomes a non competitive game mode. You don’t win or lose anything.

EoTM is nice, and can be fun, but I feel empty when I do it. I play WvW for the competition, and when I am playing in EoTM, I feel like I am in a dungeon that has no end boss, not winning conditions, and the only reason to be in the dungeon is to slaughter countless enemies for the heck of it.

PPT might not be the best mechanic, but it does provide a basis for ranking servers, and calculating who wins and loses. They refuse to fix that, and their response was to just her people to EoTM, where there is no reason at all to win.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Moving things from EOTM into regular maps is just a band-aid on a broken system.
The BL maps have to be redesigned to have more room, and to have some unique theme to make them feel less bland. Moving more AI NPCs and pve elements into regular wvw isn’t going to fix the main issues of coverage and pop differences. That has to be addressed in a scoring system. Also, its time for you guys to show some content in wvw, these Tournament/League jokes aren’t really fooling anyone. Most of my guild are moving to ESO, which they think sucks. But they at least feel that there might be some hope for RVR before CU comes out. All because there is no vision for WVW at anet. YOU need to give fans some kind of idea as to what this will evolve to if you want them to care.

Why would the bls need more room? Even when they are queued, the majority of the map is empty. I think we need to just elimante 1 or 2 of the BLS so that it will be more competitive for most servers. even t2 can’t queue all 4 maps during the week.

The New CDI Topics

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

What I find interesting about this is that, although it’s posed like a question for discussion, it suggests to me that the design team has already decided to incorporate aspects of EotM into wvw and they’re trying to gauge backlash.

Further, it could also be early stages of a plan to shelve the old wvw format and move it all over to EotM.

EotM emphasizes aspects of the game that appeal to the more casual players, so it’s a clear indication which playerbase the priorities are directed at.

All due respect Chris, you guys designed a great looking map. It provides opportunities for a lot of dynamic fights, and I think has amazing potential, just like the rest of the game you guys created. Unfortunately, it will not change the core game mechanics which are eroding away at the group of people who predominately play wvw/pvp.

It’s kind of like asking which color we should paint the elephant in the room.

Anyway, you guys are probably just doing your jobs. Good luck to you.

Epsilon
Mag/FA