The New Dawn

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: JCKinz.2305

JCKinz.2305

The Dark Times
During the Dark times the fall of IOJ, has been undeniable and unending. Loss after loss the bleed became a hemorrhage. Her army’s broken, her lands pillaged and plundered at will by her enemies. IOJ has fallen into darkness as despair creeps across the shores.
A small group of fighters has done their best to stay in the fight and keep hopes flame alive. But even the most loyal and determined can do only so much before they fall to overwhelming numbers. Some have fled to safer lands; some have fallen never to return or be heard from again.
Now we few stand alone in the darkness, beaten, discouraged but not broken: a small few against the invading masses, striking when and where we can and holding out for…

The New Dawn
Out of the ashes the Phoenix arises.
The time has come the signal fire is lit. The call for aid sent. Who will answer? Who will lead this land out of darkness and despair to rise again in the New Dawn?
Will it be some new band of adventurers or will the sons and daughters of IOJ return home and deliver her from the hands of her enemies?

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

I would go but I am just one man (seven toons but one man).

If there is a server that should be a free transfer, IoJ is it.

Anet lets us save IoJ!

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I remember the good ole days at launch I was in this small zerg busting crew on Kaineng. I remember everyone in team speak anticipating the new match up one week and IOJ came up, everyone was excited saying “IOJ is fun to fight, sweet match up”. I feel bad for that server because it seemed like it had a strong community, always thought of transferring back then but never did. Good luck to you guys

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is the server that was going to move en masse to another one 2 weeks ago?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Had you read that thread you would have seen that multiple people stated that their guilds and themselves were not leaving. No hard feelings to the ones that did leave but while they are a significant chunk of the wvw population they are not everyone

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

What could you say about the server community to encourage people to go there?

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: JCKinz.2305

JCKinz.2305

Not like the brazen Dragons of Tyria fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our Sand-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty Garrison with torches, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-Waypoint
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild walls command
The desert-bridged harbor that twin Keeps frame.

“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent gates. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden waypoint!”

Adapted from “the New Colossus” to answer the question of why to come to IOJ

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

IOJ had one chance of a resurrection and they blew it by having too many PVE carebares and casual bad players who weren’t willing at the time to band together as a serious WvW team.

Any serious WvW players have left the server. Any serious WvW players by now have realised the game mode is completely dysfunctional below tier 3.
Any serious WvW player is either in those tiers, or has quit.
Hell, even tier2 is a an absolute joke now.

Server loyalty is a thing of the past, right now you have to fight for the scraps of fun for your friends in a wvw desert wasteland.

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

^ when Brother Alaric came and wanted people to get serious.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

IOJ had one chance of a resurrection and they blew it by having too many PVE carebares and casual bad players who weren’t willing at the time to band together as a serious WvW team.

Any serious WvW players have left the server. Any serious WvW players by now have realised the game mode is completely dysfunctional below tier 3.
Any serious WvW player is either in those tiers, or has quit.
Hell, even tier2 is a an absolute joke now.

Server loyalty is a thing of the past, right now you have to fight for the scraps of fun for your friends in a wvw desert wasteland.

this is raid pve thinking, and what ruined wvw for everyone. Argos, please always stay an opponent to our servers, because you are.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

^ when Brother Alaric came and wanted people to get serious.

kitten dude i was in SIC brings back memories

this is raid pve thinking, and what ruined wvw for everyone. Argos, please always stay an opponent to our servers, because you are.

He’s right, you know. We were frustrated with the fact that the server wouldn’t call people out for mistakes, and with the fact that there were no noticeable efforts for improvement across the general population. We also didn’t get along with many guilds (pretty much all of them) that didn’t share our mentality, and as a result, we left the server, and shortly after those very same guilds that didn’t agree with us realized that we were right, and as a result left the server, which after a few more hard months in T3/T4, has been monotonically sinking in the rankings ever since.

If you ask me, that’s what ruined WvW for IoJ. They didn’t have the drive to get better.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

(edited by Ruru.1302)

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: Grimneo.4158

Grimneo.4158

Had you read that thread you would have seen that multiple people stated that their guilds and themselves were not leaving. No hard feelings to the ones that did leave but while they are a significant chunk of the wvw population they are not everyone

Link to said forum plz

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

He’s right, you know. We were frustrated with the fact that the server wouldn’t call people out for mistakes, and with the fact that there were no noticeable efforts for improvement across the general population. We also didn’t get along with many guilds (pretty much all of them) that didn’t share our mentality, and as a result, we left the server, and shortly after those very same guilds that didn’t agree with us realized that we were right, and as a result left the server, which after a few more hard months in T3/T4, has been monotonically sinking in the rankings ever since.

If you ask me, that’s what ruined WvW for IoJ. They didn’t have the drive to get better.[/quote]
————————-

he may be right in your guilds personal relationship with the server, but was completely out of line by doing a generalizing anything below t3 as not serious pvp.

those are the guilds we do NOT want at Darkhaven, because they come in, walk around like they know better than everyone, then leave in mass when they can’t take the heat. we really don’t need that – and i’m sure many servers agree that this attitude is getting tired and wearing out casual players. the score is meaningless, and a joke, ‘taking wvw’ and it’s score as if it were some esport that measured skill is ridiculous.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

The New Dawn

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

Her army’s broken, her lands pillaged and plundered at will by her enemies.
The New Dawn
Out of the ashes the Phoenix arises.
The time has come the signal fire is lit. The call for aid sent. Who will answer? Who will lead this land out of darkness and despair to rise again in the New Dawn?
Will it be some new band of adventurers or will the sons and daughters of IOJ return home and deliver her from the hands of her enemies?

my answer is……….
make your mom proud, fight to you last breath, like you once did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTMsJ7cF6Z4

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness