The Next Expansion Expectations

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

The following WvW features will be introduced in the next expansion.

1. World populations are rebalanced
  2. Server lag is eliminated
  3. Profession balance is separated from PvE

:P

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

It will be:

• Reverted DBL to HoT launch stage complete with oasis event
  • Catapults now cost 80 supply to make
  • Reduced number of Proofs of Heroics from 2-10 to 1-3
  • Rangers are the only profession allowed into WvW
  • Build templates have been added to the game. Speak to Legendary Commander War Razor to purchase this account unlock for 1000 gold and 1000 Skirmish Tickets or unlock it via the gem store for the low + affordable price of 9000 gems
  • Downed state has been removed from WvW
  • No white swords and GOLEM WEEK has returned to WvW for the duration of 1 week
  • A new home instance cat has been added into WvW. Feed it the salty tears of your enemy to obtain it.

All jokes aside, gimme build templates, profession balance, uses for excess world ability points, population balance (far fetched..) and rid us of the server lag. One can wish…

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

The following WvW features will be introduced in the next expansion.

1. World populations are rebalanced
  2. Server lag is eliminated
  3. Profession balance is separated from PvE

:P

What game is this? it sounds interesting, might have to check it out!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

1. Gliding
2. Thermal Tubes
3. Oakheart Essences
4. Spectral Aid

xD

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

gazilion of fire stack

power creep on single skill s (old backstab @1200 range unblokcable with high crit)

more aoe stacking with less CD’s

next specs need more power creep so they get “better” and players want to play them.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

GvG mode somewhat integrated into WvW scoring.

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

A mesmer (Queen Jennah) type feedback to cover red keep from Treb Wars 2.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

gazilion of fire stack

power creep on single skill s (old backstab @1200 range unblokcable with high crit)

more aoe stacking with less CD’s

next specs need more power creep so they get “better” and players want to play them.

You, sir, have 20-20 future vision. All of the above will be covered by:

…unlock nine new elite specializations to customize your playstyle…

Pity not even one item from my list makes it into the second expansion. Maybe the third expansion then.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

wait for the beta test to see how really they perform:( btw, i predicted condi op’ness and Dh as well before hot :\

atm the firebrand seams a joke at first sight….

some specs looked really kewl… some felt to much :\ that looks that code classes will be weaker than before.due..spellbreaker..?

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

All i expect is more skill-less condi spam and braindead passives to carry bad players. Everyone will do ridiculous amounts of damage with little effort because “Mah Raid clear timeZ!” and they refuse to do the sensible thing and separate balance from pve. So we will just suffer the effect of whatever OP crap is needed to clear the new “challenging” pve content.

I can’t wait for the new condi spam mesmer spec to come out, because chrono isn’t broken enough when roaming, lets bring in something that will make the old clone death condi build from way back look fair. And anet seems to have a hard on for making mesmer stupidly broken in wvw with every update because they don’t know how to make it more useful in pve aside from “MOAR DPS SPAM!”, and haven’t yet gotten the hint that we need skill separation from pve. Oh and lets not forget necro that supposedly has more mobility now and will have burns. That doesn’t sound broken at all, because necro is so balanced right now in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

All i expect is more skill-less condi spam and braindead passives to carry bad players. Everyone will do ridiculous amounts of damage with little effort because “Mah Raid clear timeZ!” and they refuse to do the sensible thing and separate balance from pve. So we will just suffer the effect of whatever OP crap is needed to clear the new “challenging” pve content.

I can’t wait for the new condi spam mesmer spec to come out, because chrono isn’t broken enough when roaming, lets bring in something that will make the old clone death condi build from way back look fair. And anet seems to have a hard on for making mesmer stupidly broken in wvw with every update because they don’t know how to make it more useful in pve aside from “MOAR DPS SPAM!”, and haven’t yet gotten the hint that we need skill separation from pve. Oh and lets not forget necro that supposedly has more mobility now and will have burns. That doesn’t sound broken at all, because necro is so balanced right now in wvw.

Don’t forget about one of the new stats: power/condi precision/fury. More condi hurray!

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

All jokes aside, gimme […] profession balance […] One can wish…

This alone would suffice.

But let’s be real here: It’s very obvious things are about to get even more imbalanced with the new expansion. The new specs look absolutely and tremendously poorly-designed and a number of already-dominant ones appear completely overpowered in their design and implementations.

We can only hope CU eventually comes out and is any good.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

1. Gliding

Yes please. I would like to Glide from DBL to Black Citadel.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I expect that guardian new elite spec is so fun and challenging to play that i find motivation gear up my guardian.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

it will be 9 new class specs..and thats about it.. yay
but hey..
dont forget.. new elite specs will be so op that it will be a must purchase to play wvw…otherwise you will just get into the meatshield bandwaggon..
so cool..

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

But let’s be real here: It’s very obvious things are about to get even more imbalanced with the new expansion. The new specs look absolutely and tremendously poorly-designed and a number of already-dominant ones appear completely overpowered in their design and implementations.

Dude, Like i keep telling everyone, Black Desert. I’ve managed to convince most of my friends to go over and we’ve been having a blast. There’s lots of old GW2 guilds there as well that changed over to that game and arent coming back. Don’t listen to the negative reviews and idiots parroting false information they’ve seen somewhere on a random angry reviewer’s website without doing any research themselves.

Just warning you, it is a MASSIVE grind to get to the point where you can actually participate in pvp. But i wasnt playing GW2 much at all since after HoT, so i figured what the hell. It was totally worth it. The node wars remind me of the old glory days of wvw when skill and strategy actually mattered. You’re looking at nearly a year to get geared up enough, but when you do it is totally worth the investment. You can get a free 7 day trial to play around with it, though you wont get very far into the game in just a week, but you can see what its like for yourself with your own eyes atleast.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Dude, Like i keep telling everyone, Black Desert. I’ve managed to convince most of my friends to go over and we’ve been having a blast. There’s lots of old GW2 guilds there as well that changed over to that game and arent coming back. Don’t listen to the negative reviews and idiots parroting false information they’ve seen somewhere on a random angry reviewer’s website without doing any research themselves.

Just warning you, it is a MASSIVE grind to get to the point where you can actually participate in pvp. But i wasnt playing GW2 much at all since after HoT, so i figured what the hell. It was totally worth it. The node wars remind me of the old glory days of wvw when skill and strategy actually mattered. You’re looking at nearly a year to get geared up enough, but when you do it is totally worth the investment. You can get a free 7 day trial to play around with it, though you wont get very far into the game in just a week, but you can see what its like for yourself with your own eyes atleast.

black desert is bad..they messed up with interface..
on a mass pvp… its so much information popping up on the screen taht you can barely locate your character..
its miss
damage.
critical
evasion
dmg
all popping up.
just watch a video.. so kitteng annoying …
not to mention its pay 2 win as hell…
the only reason black desert got so many players right now is cause games like gw2 are really good on disappointing their communities..
but as soon as a good game come out..black desert is going to eat dust…just like gw2, eso, and so many others…
1st xpack on gw2 failed and they decided to follow the same steps over again..
well.. if something failed once.. it is sure gonna succed if you try it following the same steps over again i guess.
lol

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

I don’t know about that. I don’t get how people say the game is pay2win. Are you just parroting what you’ve heard other people say? I’ve never felt like I had to spend a dime on the game at all to get ahead. I just get costumes because i think they’re sexy. Even if you’re dumb enough to spend thousands of dollars on the game and sell costumes on the market, there’s a limit to how many pearl items you’re allowed to sell. If you sell the max, that’s like 120 mil, which is chump change. I can get more than that farming for a few hours. and considering the best gear in the game will cost you billions, and is all RNG whether or not you can upgrade it regardless of how much you spend, I fail to see the pay2win.

It cost me nothing but time and luck to get my boss gear and upgrade it. Never spent a dime on any of the convenience items. thats all it really is. convenience items similar to the exp boosters and inventory expansion in gw2. Are those things pay2win in gw2? They work the same way there, so if you argue that they arent pay2win in gw2 but somehow magically are in black desert, you’re a fool.

The only thing i would even slightly consider pay2win would be artisan memories to repair weapons, but the cost for those doesnt justify ever buying them unless you’re either stupid or have enough money to wipe your butt with as its easier and cheaper to just run scrolls and use memory fragments to repair gear.

As for combat, you do know you can turn off all those effects clogging the screen if you cant see whats going on. Wow something gw2 failed to do and just made everything look crappy in combat rather than giving us sliders for it! And the combat in BDO is superior in every way. Given both parties fighting have equal gear, its all about timing and positioning and which skills to do when. Its not just passive crap protecting you while you brainlessly spam conditions like gw2 combat has devolved into.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I tried BDO with friends and none of us lasted. I just use it to showcase characters I make for D&D.

The gameplay was mediocre and the lag is rubbish, the story is so bad they’d have been better off just outright not making one, endless gear grind, etc. etc.

No thanks, I’d rather just not play video games.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

More condis More cc More 1 shot skills.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

What do I expect?

Nothing but silly useless QoL stuff.

No real content! No new map! No fixes!

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

I tried BDO with friends and none of us lasted. I just use it to showcase characters I make for D&D.

The gameplay was mediocre and the lag is rubbish, the story is so bad they’d have been better off just outright not making one, endless gear grind, etc. etc.

No thanks, I’d rather just not play video games.

And the bad things u could do……. invunerable protection on castle/zone conquering wars :|

Most mmo makers are awfull nowadays, they just care to make a game where wont give the much work… wel lthat backfired ANet inovation….and product quality, game ended not offering much and what they add it will feel it wont belong to the game…

Still…. BDO in some aspect is far more inovative than gw2….guilds matter… as well..
Seamless Map
Guild Wars / Guilds conqering zones in map , guild ranks.
pve-pvp hybrid
Housing system is quite funny as well

gw2 besides skins skritting i cant think off much…. raids and fractals, i always felt as strange contentas if does not belong to the game..just something forcep added to the game
*wich imo is one of the problems of the game, content feels “disconected” as something random that was added *

ANet needs to focus 1 expantion to WvW/pvp only… and instead of a new elite trait would just be a normal new trait that could work with any weapon/utilities we have, make racial class elite skills, as asuran engies could fix golems for examples…
Alot could be done… pitty this is ment to be a pve game only……………

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

I expect wvw to become even more broken with stupid builds and more condi kitten. I also expect they will break a few things unintentionally. Multiple reset night patches for all!

Oh, I also expect much complaining from certain forum warriors about how much this or that isn’t fair because they can’t get their pips and shinies faster than everyone else.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s gonna be this huge thing they’ve been working 2 years on that will end up being very small.

Seriously without player and guild rankings WvW will never be great.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Thieves being able to down people at 1200 or 1500 range without needing to give up stealth or mobility.

in WvW

Turk.5460

Thieves being able to down people at 1200 or 1500 range without needing to give up stealth or mobility.

Wat. The thief elite spec is the opposite of mobile.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

It’s gonna be this huge thing they’ve been working 2 years on that will end up being very small.

Seriously without player and guild rankings WvW will never be great.

Can you imagine the work in producing all those effects so we can fight properly??

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I expect wvw to become even more broken with stupid builds and more condi kitten. I also expect they will break a few things unintentionally. Multiple reset night patches for all!

Oh, I also expect much complaining from certain forum warriors about how much this or that isn’t fair because they can’t get their pips and shinies faster than everyone else.

Well, at least they are modifying food to nerf condi a bit.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

IndigoSundown.5419

You’ve seen it in its entirety? You’ve seen that they have to give up mobility other than when shooting their big whammy? Thanks, I was unaware that such info was out there.

in WvW

Turk.5460

You’ve seen it in its entirety? You’ve seen that they have to give up mobility other than when shooting their big whammy? Thanks, I was unaware that such info was out there.

You’ve seen it in its entirety? You’ve seen that they don’t have to give up mobility other than that almost all the complained about mobility currently comes from Daredevil, a spec that they cannot use at the same time? Thanks, I was unaware that such lack of understanding was out there.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Daredevil adds 1 dodge and lots of swiftness. That’s not really much mobility compared to the base stuff all thieves have access to. As for Deadeye, we’ve seen it has a long-distance disengage and stealth, so complaints about those two things do hold water.

in WvW

Turk.5460

I don’t recall any uproar about OP mobility when it was just core Thief before HoT. Sure it was still considered great mobility, but it was generally agreed upon that it was not OP with the rest of the Thief kit. The mobility complaints now currently boil down to Unhindered Combatant and how it counters all 3 forms of soft CC – usable a large number of times thanks to 3 dodges, SoA, and Channeled Vigor. And sometimes someone will moan about IA.

I don’t think many Deadeye’s using rifle are going to use SB. And the excessive soft CC removal is not going to be available. This leaves…Shadowstep (a long cooldown) and Rifle 4, which is only 600 units. Possibly the new aoe utility, but that is also a fairly long cooldown, and in terms of mobility – a long cast time. And I highly doubt anyone is going to use Infil Signet.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

GvG mode somewhat integrated into WvW scoring.

This is just a disastrous Idea so now servers that fight joint servers and are low tiered servers get stomp because X server has a Guild Like Red Guard with a commander over 165k WvW kills by the first year of play.

NOPE

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I don’t mean to say that DE will have as much mobility as DD. Rather, given the range/damage, DE will have too much mobility based on what I’ve seen so far.

(edited by Sviel.7493)

in WvW

IndigoSundown.5419

You’ve seen it in its entirety? You’ve seen that they don’t have to give up mobility other than that almost all the complained about mobility currently comes from Daredevil, a spec that they cannot use at the same time? Thanks, I was unaware that such lack of understanding was out there.

Thieves had top tier mobility long before daredevil. This is a thread about expectations, and apparently mine are different than yours. Guess we’ll see who is right.