The Outnumbered buff is demoralizing

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

We already know we’re up against really terrible odds against 50 people more than us. Don’t rub it in our faces.

Heading into the battlefield in that case you don’t want to be reminded of that they are 100000 more than you. You want to be reminded of how courageous you are.

What if we could change the name of this buff to well.. “Courageous”
Instead of default to demoralizing our troops. There’s a lot of psychology in this game, having the developers at Anet demoralizing the teams that are already the underdog isn’t really fair, is it?

I call for changing the name! \o/

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: andysix.9640

andysix.9640

Uh you realize there was already a thread about this below yours ?

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

I only saw one that was about how the actual buff served no benefits, considered posting there, but for me it was not the same topic. Since I think the buff itself is nice, and now it just needs a name change.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: beporter.9254

beporter.9254

I agree with maloki that it’s always frustrating to see it. But I’d like to offer a small positive spin on it: The way I look at it is that you’re getting “secret” information the other teams don’t know. You know you are outnumbered, but they don’t.

I will use any information the game gives me in order to adjust my team’s play style appropriately and even though it’s not the best news when that buff pops up, at least it’s news you can act on. Information is power.

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

…Information is power.

Huh, what?! OP buff! Nerf!

Would be nice to have it do something that actually could help. Maybe just reduce weapon cooldown, or give +10% IMS, or +50 Vit or something. Or to really help with PPT, longer duration on the Supervisor buff and/or other buffs to aliied NPC’s

(edited by frans.8092)

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I wasn’t there to experience it firsthand so I might be wrong but back in the day SoR would teach new recruits to play and command using the outnumbered borderland on purpose. Also hopping into different maps for a second let’s you easily know if enemy has a presence on the map.

Also I just thought of this so I have to say, would you prefer to not know when you’re out manned and suddenly run into a map zerg? Its better to know than not know.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Would be nice to have it do something that actually could help. Maybe just reduce weapon cooldown, or give +10% IMS, or +50 Vit or something. Or to really help with PPT, longer duration on the Supervisor buff and/or other buffs to aliied NPC’s

Or give everyone the full guard stacks, regardless of actually having the traits.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The demoralizing part is logging in and seeing a servers BL and EB painted a color that isn’t theirs, no commander and ticking less than 100. Most players will log or head to EotM when that happens. I have gotten where I won’t even roam since all I run into are groups of 5+.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”