The QQ about Queue Queues [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Hey guys, let’s relax a little bit on qq for queues, it’s the first night of the world links. Let’s give the system a week to see where it goes, it was normal for reset nights and even tournament time to have queues on 4 maps back earlier in the game life.

Will that keep up for saturday and sunday?
What will the queues look like on the weekdays?

There could be a combination of factors here for the increased population tonight other than the link.
Maybe a lot of people are excited and playing on reset when they don’t normally play.
Maybe we got returning players coming in and playing on reset when they don’t usually play.
Maybe players stayed up to 10est to play because it’s reset time when they usually start at 8est and be done by 10est or 11est, so lets see what happens on saturday and sunday.
We don’t know these things as yet.

One thing is for sure, many servers needed players because most times it was 3 empty maps and a queued up ebg map. I know being in queue sucks, that’s kinda why they created eotm, play there while waiting on the queue, but give the system a week to see what happens, we can’t judge it on the first couple hours.

Happy bag hunting.

P.S Thank you Anet for the work you’ve been putting into WvW lately, please keep it up!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

The ridiculous queues..Eb over 150 wtf, never seeing that map again?
The lag is horrible
The communication and coordination is extremely difficult now because we cannot get our guilds on the map, and its difficult to get the people from the other servers on ts or to work together.
Everyone is now forced into the blob playstyle and there is no escape.

Anet why did you not just link lower pop servers, why did you do this for everyone. This is just unplayable.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

As if this is the first time reset night after a new patch brought big queues.

Calm down it will settle, save your judgement after you see how the week long match goes.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Just putting that out there. The queues blow, man. This is just awful.

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

You can’t complain about queues in the first time in reset night of the new implemented system… is way too soon. Give it a week or two to normalize.

in WvW

X T D.6458

As if this is the first time reset night after a new patch brought big queues.

Calm down it will settle, save your judgement after you see how the week long match goes.

You dont get it do you. This system is forcing to many people into gamemode that is not designed to handle it, essentially forcing everyone into engaging in the same gamestyle of zerging whereas before they could escape it for the most part by going to lower tiers. The massive queues are keeping people out of wvw creating frustration not just for them but for their guilds as well because they cannot get their members on a map.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

What I have a problem with is coverage and balance. We’re all screwed as the Dev’s locked us at full. We’re literally stuck with whatever the dev’s gave us. Coming from a world that worked hard, for years, to keep balanced coverage this is … annoying to say the least.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

TC has ~340 people waiting in queues across all four Maps. 157 alone for EB.
Who is waiting so long? And then after some hours and heavy fighting, the client crashes and you will have to wait again.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

the bottom few server shouldn’t provide much queue. the popular beliefs stat that these servers are dead. base on these beliefs, they don’t even queue a single map on their own. using these assumptions, it is good to say that the queue is the result of your own server.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

well, that’s what you get for stacking.

edit: “you” refer to people who flooded tc.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: Slive.9053

Slive.9053

I’m a casual player and I only have time to play gw2 for about one hour per day. The queue time essentially prevents me from playing WvW, which is the only part of the game that I really enjoy.

Queues weren’t even this bad on launch weekend for me. I’m a casual player on a fairly casual server and I liked it that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

One d/c of any kind.. one that crashes the game, or throws you back to the character select and no wvw tonight for you.

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

i havn’t seen a queue on ET in ages... not even on EB on reset night. the lower tiers are adding some extra people... but the huge influx is all the people who have returned for the "shiny new thing"

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

Down from 60.. yup 60 to 33. Just chillin. Hows everyone else doin?

in WvW

Rocknull.2986

One d/c of any kind.. one that crashes the game, or throws you back to the character select and no wvw tonight for you.

to true. Sad panda char

let the game of thrones marathon continue!

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.6340

Sol.6340

Crashed here too. I’m at 25. I guess its nice having people but with the client crashes… I guess I won’t be wvwing tonight.

in WvW

Posted by: Aphs.9528

Aphs.9528

You guys need to get over the queues , everyone is excited right now about mergers so of course you will see bigger queues , the queues will eventually go back to normal . And it’s reset so stop crying . Better knowing WvW is alive and kicking then dead .

Ranger -Little Prince

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Basically the gamemode is zerg blobbing all the time now.

in WvW

X T D.6458

You guys need to get over the queues , everyone is excited right now about mergers so of course you will see bigger queues , the queues will eventually go back to normal . And it’s reset so stop crying . Better knowing WvW is alive and kicking then dead .

Its not just about queues, are you so short sighted, people go to lower tiers to escape the blobbing of higher tiers, they go there for a different style of play, now they are being forced to be a part of it, they now have no where to go and cannot escape it. The blobbing, lag, queues that people from lower tiers were able to avoid will now be a daily part of their wvw experience. And for those in upper tiers our ability to get our guilds on the same map, coordination, communication has been impacted severely.

in WvW

Rocknull.2986

game of thrones marathon while we wait bro
dont give up!

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I assume you are not a new player, so I don’t know why you are surprised that reset night after a major change has big queues in tier 1.

It’ll die down like it always does

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

They did it right on the EU side at least.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

X T D.6458

I assume you are not a new player, so I don’t know why you are surprised that reset night after a major change has big queues in tier 1.

I feel like I’m talking to a wall…

in WvW

Vermillion.4061

The problem is you had 3 different play styles.

a) T1/T2 were the blob tiers

b) T3/T4 were the mix of small man with blobs.

c) T5 and below were mostly small man fights.

Now it’s just blobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

The hype will die down. Reset night is always, imo, the least fun time for wvw because it’s all about massive blobs. I would give it some time to work itself out before you demand it to be changed.

in WvW

Posted by: Nila.2690

Nila.2690

There are 7 NA full servers vs 6 full EU servers. The top 6 EU servers did not get linked to another server for the new matchups, so why did that not happen for NA? Servers such as ET got pushed onto a T1 server that did not need nor want extra players and ET did not want the zerg fights that T1 are.
The server links need to me adjusted IMMEDIATELY. The top 6 NA servers (at least) need to be solo and the remaining servers need to be joined to balance the lower tiers. which would combine the lower 18 into 9 servers which would have led to 5 matches each week.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I knew this would be good. I am going to have to get some more popcorn to watch the silly impatience boil over……lol….and here it is only the first night!

You guys do remember that they were calling this a ‘beta’, yes????

Oh, never mind……I will get some more popcorn……have at it!!!!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Aphs.9528

Aphs.9528

Its not just about queues, are you so short sighted, people go to lower tiers to escape the blobbing of higher tiers, they go there for a different style of play, now they are being forced to be a part of it, they now have no where to go and cannot escape it. The blobbing, lag, queues that people from lower tiers were able to avoid will now be a daily part of their wvw experience. And for those in upper tiers our ability to get our guilds on the same map, coordination, communication has been impacted severely.

These mergers and queues will encourage people to move to tier 3 and 4 now which is a positive for balance . So if you don’t like the queues then move to tier 3 or 4 .This was Anet’s intention to try and balance the tiers and get people to spread out .

Ranger -Little Prince

in WvW

Posted by: Sera Phrim.9041

Sera Phrim.9041

Well, bad news buddy.

Lets complain about a class about being too OP and then get them nerfed for no reason.

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

~25min for 46 Q, not so bad as i thought.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Not even 2 hours into the ‘beta’ test of wvw merges. Some of you are just so silly.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

The ridiculous queues..Eb over 150 wtf, never seeing that map again?
The lag is horrible
The communication and coordination is extremely difficult now because we cannot get our guilds on the map, and its difficult to get the people from the other servers on ts or to work together.

Anet why did you not just link lower pop servers, why did you do this for everyone. This is just unplayable.

Yeah…it’s a little nuts. First night. I logged in and went “nope” and went to netflix and a glass of wine. No chance I’m waiting in a 80 man que to play a video game lol

Just log off read a book, watch a movie, or drink some wine.

in WvW

Vermillion.4061

Not even 2 hours into the ‘beta’ test of wvw merges. Some of you are just so silly.

When you go from a server that never gets Q’s on reset to being rammed with a 100+ Q you should understand why people are upset.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

i pretty sure people wont go to last tier to avoid that playstyle
the playstyle you are referring to belong to the mid tier.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: FooDang.2498

FooDang.2498

First time WvW server Link + soon after spring patch + its Friday…of course theres going to be queues

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

welcome to blob wars 2

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

X T D.6458

welcome to blob wars 2

And now…no one can escape it, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Relax, this is a hyped up reset night. Everyone is coming out of the woodwork check it out. Queues are going to calm down.

Of course, on YB we had queues nowhere near what I heard TC and BG having.

in WvW

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

I’m a casual player and I only have time to play gw2 for about one hour per day. The queue time essentially prevents me from playing WvW, which is the only part of the game that I really enjoy.

Queues weren’t even this bad on launch weekend for me. I’m a casual player on a fairly casual server and I liked it that way.

It will cool down in a few days. This is sort of a HUGE even for the WvW community. I used to play on SoR when it was T1 and it didn’t have this sort of population back then.

Plus, reset is always especially packed.

Then again, if you WvW’d as seriously as you say you do, you’d know all of this.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in WvW

Posted by: splat.8169

splat.8169

OP has a point though. this system is not able to cope with current max population of ppl interested in wvw.
I’ll note that tier 4 has all maps queued as well.

I’ll suggest that perhaps at max population, we can queue 16 maps. we’ve established that in general we can’t queue 32 maps in NA. (8 tiers 4 maps)

perhaps a suggestion?
redevelop around 24-25 maps. 1 map per server and some common map. and then unbind the tiering system. There would be some problems with map design on where you spawn different factions.

optionally, add a map to each matchup ie: 3 bls, EB and some other map. although with some of the queuing one map may not be enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

They generally overthought their solution to WvW. There was no need to even touch the top tiers. Bottom tiers definitely needed some Linking with other low/bottom tiers to at least explore possibilities for future mergers. But as previous posters stated, linking the different play styles, and I mean HUGE gap in playstyles in T1 – T8, totally kills this.
This isn’t even about the long queues, yes they will die down, but the lower tier guilds are losing any identity they had when they must now merge into a passing blob or die.

Not to mention the lack of comradery as the elitest from the “pro” servers toss out the abuse to their new teammates.

I don’t know if Anet thought they were doing the low tiers a favor by shoving them in with the tops but that’s like throwing the jr high football team onto the field with College champs. We’ll be over here warming the bench.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

(edited by Daemonne.5018)

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

What part of the OP saying he was a casual player that plays one hour per day on a fairly casual server did you interpret as saying the OP saying he WvW’d seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

never forget gandara season 2

Attachments:

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

hug I feel sorry for you
on my 1st post , I’m still waiting , that was over an hour ago

in WvW

Ruru.1302

hug I feel sorry for you
on my 1st post , I’m still waiting , that was over an hour ago

This isn’t now. This was back like 2 years ago, lol.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

well WELCOME Back to queue LoL
btw how long do you have to wait now ?
what is the queue now ?

in WvW

Ruru.1302

well WELCOME Back to queue LoL
btw how long do you have to wait now ?
what is the queue now ?

I logged after crashing for the night haha

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

* Queues: Because everyone is rushing in to try shiny new
* Prime-time: Over stacked, hard to play with guild/friends
* Play-style: low-pop-play removed effectively, etc

There are a lot of different points flying around here.

Some of these will improve somewhat with time, in that the "new shiny!" wears off and people goes a bit more passive again, The weekdays etc.

But I absolutely understand XTD’s main point that those that went to lower tiers because they WANTED that play style, just lost it. Myself being one such, that already miss a place to go away from the zergs, heck even OS had something resembling zerg on zerg combat (it was the only map without queue so I had to check).

---

I think that this would actually be partially solved by adding Dynamic Map Adjustment. Remove the queue’s by opening more maps, shut them down as play number dwindle. This would also let people looking for lesser populated maps be on the look out for newly created maps, and preferably let guilds try to stack for the same instance of a map. I really think this idea should be a corner stone for other fixes and changes to work with.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

X T D.6458

• Queues: Because everyone is rushing in to try shiny new
  • Prime-time: Over stacked, hard to play with guild/friends
  • Play-style: low-pop-play removed effectively, etc

There are a lot of different points flying around here.

Some of these will improve somewhat with time, in that the “new shiny!” wears off and people goes a bit more passive again, The weekdays etc.

But I absolutely understand XTD’s main point that those that went to lower tiers because they WANTED that play style, just lost it. Myself being one such, that already miss a place to go away from the zergs, heck even OS had something resembling zerg on zerg combat (it was the only map without queue so I had to check).

I think that this would actually be partially solved by adding Dynamic Map Adjustment. Remove the queue’s by opening more maps, shut them down as play number dwindle. This would also let people looking for lesser populated maps be on the look out for newly created maps, and preferably let guilds try to stack for the same instance of a map. I really think this idea should be a corner stone for other fixes and changes to work with.

The last thing wvw/and lower tier servers needed was for people to be unable to play, or to have another reason not to bother with wvw. This needs to be fixed quickly, link some of the lower population servers to boost their populations but let them keep the playstyle they prefer without having it altered to much. WvW cannot all be like t1, there needs to be different homes for people who prefer different playstyles.

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

are we gonna get this queue now everyday ? since the link server together