The QQ about Queue Queues [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Not even 2 hours into the ‘beta’ test of wvw merges. Some of you are just so silly.

When you go from a server that never gets Q’s on reset to being rammed with a 100+ Q you should understand why people are upset.

Yup, been there done that when I transferred to T1 a year ago for a few weeks. It takes getting used to. At the same time, we’re only a few hours into this ‘beta’…..it’ll change.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

will we have a better day tomorrow ?
or from now on , since the LINK
we will need to wait everyday ?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

are we gonna get this queue now everyday ? since the link server together

Until people get frustrated and leave the game again, yes. It will die down during the week, but the larger issues remain.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Teon.5168

welcome to blob wars 2

And now…no one can escape it, ever.

Oh, please. We’re 3 hours into this ‘beta’. At least show a teaspoon full of patience.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Think you’ll find ET isn’t the reason it’s queued. You’d be lucky to see them

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I don’t know how the lowest servers like ET and AR were but I feel like merging them with each other would have been fine. I don’t think adding more people to already populated servers was necessary for North American servers (T1 and T2). It is a shame that those who just liked smaller fights or roaming can’t really have that anymore but remember that this is just a beta test to fix population imbalances. People need to relax and try to come at this with a level head. People on my server were flipping out and getting angry instantly.

Its all new stuff for WvW and as we know by EU’s reset, queues were to be expected.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

X T D.6458

welcome to blob wars 2

Oh, please. We’re 3 hours into this ‘beta’. At least show a teaspoon full of patience.

There are no lower tiers so long as this system stands Teon, which means those lower tier servers are absorbed into the higher pop servers and stuck with the gamestyle that dominates higher tiers. This is not about being patient, this is about being realistic, and not wanting to see another player exodus from wvw when we FINALLY got a good update, and just to see it all thrown away.

in WvW

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

Ques have always been a terrible aspect of this game. I don’t understand why they would make them worse. This is a good way to make the game die.

When i wrote this earlier i didnt know they combined servers. this is great. should have done this 2 years ago but with the euro servers.

(edited by Persephone.7436)

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

I didn’t crash , finger cross , but its been over an hour since I posted my topic
now finally at queue 21
here is the question we need to ask ourself
with this BS Link
will there be LAG ?
will there be CRASH ?
and most Inportant , WILL WE HAD TO WAIT LIKE THIS EVERYDAY ?

in WvW

Posted by: Rednar.4690

Rednar.4690

Summary of my Friday night: 2 hours waiting in queue, made it in, was killed on nearest sentry within 2 minutes and game crashed. Oh well, it will be interesting to see how this new system plays out moving forward but not liking it so far. Couldn’t agree more with everything X T D has said above.

~Red Kvothe~
Kaineng Server
Leader of The Doors of Stone [DS]

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

150+ in a queue is extreme, but it’s also reset. For nearly 2 years t3 and up had 30-80 deep queues on all maps during reset, and there were plenty of scouts, roamers, and other anti-zerglings then, too.

You can let this fly over your head all you want, but others here are right when they say it’s reset night and it’s the first day of a new system – it’s obviously going to be messy and populated.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I stopped reading the back and forth.. At the end of the day even after it “dies down” there will still be BLOBS!… because everyone is mixed with the high tiers! sheesh how hard is that to understand? You want blobs? cool enjoy them. I hate blobs and will not be back to WvW until I see my nice little pop server back where it was.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

Teon.5168
this NEVER happen on our server even on reset day
5 to 30 min wait MAX
now its been OVER an hour
and for some kitteng reason I was finally down to 21
and after I post , I was back to queue 44 ? WTF

in WvW

X T D.6458

I stopped reading the back and forth.. At the end of the day even after it “dies down” there will still be BLOBS!… because everyone is mixed with the high tiers! sheesh how hard is that to understand? You want blobs? cool enjoy them. I hate blobs and will not be back to WvW until I see my nice little pop server back where it was.

Thats what some people cant seem to understand and only fixate on queues. As someone who has played through all tiers (on one server btw), I understand the importance of all different styles of gameplay which is why I find this lumping together of all servers and players to be very troubling. People go to/stay on lower tiers because they prefer the type of gamestyle it offers, and people go to higher tiers because they prefer what it has to offer. Throwing them all together just to make wvw look more populated is extremely misguided and will cause the opposite effect in driving players away from a gamemode in desperate need of people.

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

well WELCOME Back to queue LoL
btw how long do you have to wait now ?
what is the queue now ?

My queues on Crystal Desert are

EB: 41
Red: Open
Blue: Open
Green: 4

Things are already dying down. Maps will be extremely low queue or open tomorrow.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I guess they do not listen when you tell them you cannot combine servers until you have more maps available to play on during prime time and less to play on during off hours.. It does not solve the problem at all to force combine servers against their will ( players do not get a choice who they are matched with) since that will just make it so players will not be able to play at all during the time they have to play. It just creates more problems instead. Prime time will always be overbooked and then have not enough in off hours unless they implement temporary timed maps that allow for more maps to available per server during prime time and less during off hours. The amount of maps available in a match should be determined by the number of people playing WvW in the match.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

I guess they do not listen when you tell them you cannot combine servers until you have more maps available to play on during prime time and less to play on during off hours.. It does not solve the problem at all to force combine servers against their will ( players do not get a choice who they are matched with) since that will just make it so players will not be able to play at all during the time they have to play. It just creates more problems instead. Prime time will always be overbooked and then have not enough in off hours unless they implement temporary timed maps that allow for more maps to available per server during prime time and less during off hours.

This guy has the right idea

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

bLind.6278
here is my question ,
after the link ,
will we have LAG ?
will we have more crash ?
and will we have to wait like this from now on , EVERYDAY ?

in WvW

Teon.5168

welcome to blob wars 2

There are no lower tiers so long as this system stands Teon, which means those lower tier servers are absorbed into the higher pop servers and stuck with the gamestyle that dominates higher tiers. This is not about being patient, this is about being realistic, and not wanting to see another player exodus from wvw when we FINALLY got a good update, and just to see it all thrown away.

Good grief, give it some time! This being a ‘beta’, none of us are even sure what any of this will look like in a week or two. Who knows, they might rethink the entire thing after this ‘beta’. I don’t know. You don’t know. NONE of us knows where this is going, yet.

And yes, this is all about showing at least a minute amount of patience to see where Anet goes with it.

It sounds like you wrote this off before it even started. (Why am I not shocked by that?)….lol

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Teon.5168

Ques have always been a terrible aspect of this game. I don’t understand why they would make them worse. This is a good way to make the game die.

Anet stated it was a “beta”. Give it time. We’re only a few hours into it.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

X T D.6458

welcome to blob wars 2

Good grief, give it some time! This being a ‘beta’, none of us are even sure what any of this will look like in a week or two. Who knows, they might rethink the entire thing after this ‘beta’. I don’t know. You don’t know. NONE of us knows where this is going, yet.

And yes, this is all about showing at least a minute amount of patience to see where Anet goes with it.

It sounds like you wrote this off before it even started. (Why am I not shocked by that?)….lol

The whole point of a beta test is to find problems with something that was implemented, why does it matter if it is being reported the first day or a week later?

I am happy there are people excited by this new change, I really am and I was also looking forward to this. What worries is me that people will treat this as a novelty effect where they will become bored and frustrated to the point where they will abanadon wvw because their choice of playstyle has been taken away, their server has essentially been absorbed by a larger one basically to buff it up and be traded around every couple of months. And the increased difficulty for guilds to get their players on maps which will cause a massive breakdown in teamwork, coordination, and communication. Please explain to me why this was needed for upper tiers? Please explain to me why you think these concerns are not valid and that oh we should just wait?

I would appreciate it if you focused on substance rather then my tone which is understandably frustrated right now.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

welcome to blob wars 2

The thing is you would have to be as dumb as a rock to not know this would happen if you merge servers without allowing more players in the match to play at once during prime time prior to merging them. When they already had queues prior to the merger what else would anyone expect? If players only get to play during the time when there are also massive queues they might as well / uninstall.

We DID tell them this would happen if they did not solve the need for more maps in play during prime time and less maps in play during off hours but they did not do that prior to testing " mergers" they should be testing temp maps in play in the actual match prior to " testing mergers" if they really want to solve the issue long term. Throwing players together randomly and making massive queues is not going to help anything.. just creates more problems.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

Hmm, queues topic. I’m not sure which topic will survive the topic merge?

It was reset, I’m on Piken Square with my second account. This server isn’t linked to any other server, but I saw queues of 130 in ebg, 30-60 in all borderlands. My only comment in the guild chat was: I guess the changes has worked.

People are coming back and it will settle down during the week. It was good to see the queues again, makes that game mode finally alive again.

And just for poking the outraged people here: Go eotm, it was made for those who have to wait until they can join the regular maps.;)

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

You guys need to get over the queues , everyone is excited right now about mergers so of course you will see bigger queues , the queues will eventually go back to normal . And it’s reset so stop crying . Better knowing WvW is alive and kicking then dead .

Its not just about queues, are you so short sighted, people go to lower tiers to escape the blobbing of higher tiers, they go there for a different style of play, now they are being forced to be a part of it, they now have no where to go and cannot escape it. The blobbing, lag, queues that people from lower tiers were able to avoid will now be a daily part of their wvw experience. And for those in upper tiers our ability to get our guilds on the same map, coordination, communication has been impacted severely.

agreed – wait till they see a three way at SM where skills don’t even work…….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: robotempire.2451

robotempire.2451

Ok so just a little perspective here. X T D is a very long time player who has definitely seen the queues before, and he is in a guild that can kitten near queue a map by itself, running a private raid with 50+ players tonight.

The complaint here rings a little hollow since I know for sure you saw the queues in the old days. I think XVX was just kittened they couldn’t get all their people in-map and had to wait in hellacious queues. Don’t believe you for a second this has a thing to do with looking out for the well-being of Eredon’s Terrace.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Ok so just a little perspective here. X T D is a very long time player who has definitely seen the queues before, and he is in a guild that can kitten near queue a map by itself, running a private raid with 50+ players tonight.

The complaint here rings a little hollow since I know for sure you saw the queues in the old days. I think XVX was just kittened they couldn’t get all their people in-map and had to wait in hellacious queues. Don’t believe you for a second this has a thing to do with looking out for the well-being of Eredon’s Terrace.

Believe it or not I do actually care, but its not just about ET, I care about the health of wvw, its extremely dependant on player population. One server dying affects the others in a variety of ways. Those players get bored and leave the game or stack on another server for example. I spent a long time on one server from tier 1 to t8 trying to help rebuild it, I know what its like watching players and guilds leave, it sucks a lot. I dont like seeing it happen to anyone.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

(1) Just to be clear, this RESET is pretty special. Everyone is coming out of the woodwork, flooding all the servers. New wvw updates, new rewards, new beta server mergings etc. Obviously there is a *lot* more people than usual.

As such I do recommend everyone to be patient, and test this out over a couple of weeks, and see how the numbers goes.

(2) The low population play style *is* destroyed with this merger. And many of us will miss it. (My note of partial possibility to restore with Dynamic Map Adjustment)

(3) I agree with the idea that the top servers probably doesn’t need an "Ally" server, and perhaps make the lower tier servers Ally with each others instead. But we should still let this Beta run for a while to see how it turns out. (Todays metrics are way off)

@ lil devils x.6071

Again we come to similar conclusion through different directions :p

@ robotempire.2451

XTD is one of the few people on this forum that discusses things from a mostly un-biased perspective.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

(edited by joneirikb.7506)

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Play during a different time than weekly reset, that’s my best advice

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Teon.5168

(1) Just to be clear, this RESET is pretty special. Everyone is coming out of the woodwork, flooding all the servers. New wvw updates, new rewards, new beta server mergings etc. Obviously there is a lot more people than usual.

As such I do recommend everyone to be patient, and test this out over a couple of weeks, and see how the numbers goes.

(2) The low population play style is destroyed with this merger. And many of us will miss it. (My note of partial possibility to restore with Dynamic Map Adjustment)

(3) I agree with the idea that the top servers probably doesn’t need an “Ally” server, and perhaps make the lower tier servers Ally with each others instead. But we should still let this Beta run for a while to see how it turns out. (Todays metrics are way off)

@ lil devils x.6071

@ robotempire.2451

XTD is one of the few people on this forum that discusses things from a mostly un-biased perspective.

Good points. And yes, XTD makes some very good points in some of his/her posts. But XTD also overreacts, as is being done on this thread.

If in 2-3 weeks time, if there are still issues and problems with ques, then I will be the first one to agree with XTD. But not this early.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

X T D.6458

(1) Just to be clear, this RESET is pretty special. Everyone is coming out of the woodwork, flooding all the servers. New wvw updates, new rewards, new beta server mergings etc. Obviously there is a lot more people than usual.

(2) The low population play style is destroyed with this merger. And many of us will miss it. (My note of partial possibility to restore with Dynamic Map Adjustment)

(3) I agree with the idea that the top servers probably doesn’t need an “Ally” server, and perhaps make the lower tier servers Ally with each others instead. But we should still let this Beta run for a while to see how it turns out. (Todays metrics are way off)

@ lil devils x.6071

@ robotempire.2451

Good points. And yes, XTD makes some very good points in some of his/her posts. But XTD also overreacts, as is being done on this thread.

If in 2-3 weeks time, if there are still issues and problems with ques, then I will be the first one to agree with XTD. But not this early.

Thank you both for that, I know I am not one to hide my feelings about something, which is why I asked that you not focus on my tone but rather the topic being discussed. I sometimes post out of frustration and do not mean to lash out at anyone.

in WvW

X T D.6458

forum bug

/15 quaggans

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

way to go anet , they gave guy something new in wvw but they also took away
something as well

(edited by Keviin Snow.5760)

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

welcome to the club , I know afew who work , come home , and wanted to spend an hour or so but look like thanks to anet
its NOT gonna happen

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

bLind.6278 > Then again, if you WvW’d as seriously as you say you do, you’d know all of this.
our server haven’t had a queue OVER 3 years
some people just enjoy the slow paste with 10 to 30 people
that is why they pick a low server
now they are all LAG , Crash , Queue Server ,, Thank You ANET for forcing some of us
into a link server
with high server , i’ll be lucky to hit the lord once or twice
all the exp are gone if you think about it ,
I hope anet take away the servers link , with so many topics complaining ,

(edited by Keviin Snow.5760)

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

People complaining about queue should just join DBL and stop stacking on EB… The queue for DBL is not so long, on Piken I had to wait around 20min (30+ man queue).
And it was the reset just after the last patch… We will see less queue later. Reset day is always full of people.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

I’m a casual player and I only have time to play gw2 for about one hour per day. The queue time essentially prevents me from playing WvW, which is the only part of the game that I really enjoy.

Queues weren’t even this bad on launch weekend for me. I’m a casual player on a fairly casual server and I liked it that way.

EoTM have no qs
go play there for one hour a day, its 3 hours per match there 24/7
the match on Worlds are a week look, so EoTM suits your playstyle
dont stress yourself too much on WvW, its just a game bruh

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m a casual player and I only have time to play gw2 for about one hour per day. The queue time essentially prevents me from playing WvW, which is the only part of the game that I really enjoy.

Queues weren’t even this bad on launch weekend for me. I’m a casual player on a fairly casual server and I liked it that way.

EoTM have no qs

Outside of Anet devs, who considers EoTM WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

i do,
when BLs and EB are empty i go there to WvW
you consider EoTM not WvW?

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

EoTM have no qs

A worthwhile point if tonight’s events hadn’t actually forced EotM to be used for it’s intended purpose for the first time since pretty much ever.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• Queues: Because everyone is rushing in to try shiny new
  • Prime-time: Over stacked, hard to play with guild/friends
  • Play-style: low-pop-play removed effectively, etc

There are a lot of different points flying around here.

Some of these will improve somewhat with time, in that the “new shiny!” wears off and people goes a bit more passive again, The weekdays etc.

But I absolutely understand XTD’s main point that those that went to lower tiers because they WANTED that play style, just lost it. Myself being one such, that already miss a place to go away from the zergs, heck even OS had something resembling zerg on zerg combat (it was the only map without queue so I had to check).

I think that this would actually be partially solved by adding Dynamic Map Adjustment. Remove the queue’s by opening more maps, shut them down as play number dwindle. This would also let people looking for lesser populated maps be on the look out for newly created maps, and preferably let guilds try to stack for the same instance of a map. I really think this idea should be a corner stone for other fixes and changes to work with.

Do it like this: the playable area is an island. As player population decreases (e.g. nighttime), the sea level increases, reducing the total play area… and as player population increases (e.g. primetime), sea level decreases, revealing more play area.

Or do it a lake in the center of the map. Or a bunch of lakes. Something like that.

It would require a new map though, so maybe in 2019?

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

this is a beta , I hope they change it back
2 weeks ago I SPEND GEMs to move to a lower server less people
I should get a Refund
Bcuz some of us WORK , and can only spend so much time an hour or so playing

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Outside of prime time (because prime time is all queued anyways), EB queue = entire WvW is queued and unplayable QQ. Honestly from my personal superior analysis with nothing but my own deepest personal desire, maybe Alpine Borderland should come back, less people will QueueQueue too.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

bLind.6278
here is my question ,
after the link ,
will we have LAG ?
will we have more crash ?
and will we have to wait like this from now on , EVERYDAY ?

there is an overflow, you know that one were people on this forum said it’s purpose is to be an overflow. Utilize it.

in WvW

Posted by: LordCody.6245

LordCody.6245

loving every second cant wait to go up against some server ive never had the pleasure of fighting and you bottom tier players sorry your hating it

in WvW

Aezyr.5304

Why is it always the us ladder complaining btw?

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

LordCody.6245 did you have to wait almost 2 hours to get in wvw ?
what if you have to wait 2 hours from now on ? would u still love it ?
some ppl work and can only play 1 or 2 hours per day
until some of you playing 10 to 12 hr

in WvW

Aezyr.5304

EoTM have no qs

It’s an overflow. Get some commander on the map and play it like WvW. If every other paired server is doing that problem solved.

(edited by Aezyr.5304)

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

What? On launch u had to wait whole day to join ANY WvW map…
Now, look, atm there is 15 ppl queue for EB and NO ONE in queue for other borders. So why can’t u just go to other border instead of blobing at Eb? Even Yesterday I was 100+ queue for EB while only 10 man queue for other borders( at desolation mixed with vabbi, so combined server).
Also u can go EoTM ^^ It is WvW aswell

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Posted by: SerPeanut.6328

SerPeanut.6328

My take on this is that this CAN be a good thing. Let it normalize. Players will adjust. Queues will settle.

As for the difference in playstyle or experience, WvW wasn’t meant to be played small-scale. Nothing in its borderlands or mechanics say so. Let them experience how wvw was meant to be played, large-scale fights with small ops tactical grps. Hopefully every one adjusts.

If the queue stays bad, i hope they do something about it. Maybe a dynamic cap, where if all three sides have a long queue, they adjust its limits to accommodate and place a higher max cap.

As for the final verdict, we’ll see in the next few weeks. Hopefully, this revitalizes wvw.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Eremes Guile.1480

Eremes Guile.1480

Anet please dont listen to these cry babies. You did an awesome job. WvW is back and alive! Keep it up!

Hottest Thief [Ever]