Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

i notice now my cpu and fan kick in harder ,
its like driving a car , ripping it up to 7500 RPM all the way ,

The QQ about Queue Queues [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

As if this is the first time reset night after a new patch brought big queues.

Calm down it will settle, save your judgement after you see how the week long match goes.

You dont get it do you. This system is forcing to many people into gamemode that is not
designed to handle it, essentially forcing everyone into engaging in the same gamestyle
of zerging whereas before they could escape it for the most part by going to lower tiers.
The massive queues are keeping people out of wvw creating frustration not just for them
but for their guilds as well because they cannot get their members on a map.

I do get it, I’ve played this game as a WvW only “roamer” player since the first day we were allowed in open betas. I’ve been on every world and experienced every tier.. I was with NSP when they got stuck in t8 for ages with the same stale boring matchup everyone hated… I’ve been through it all in this game, I DO get it.

What YOU aren’t getting, is these queues aren’t a first. EVEN in the low tiers. What you aren’t realizing is that it will die down after the initial weekend.

And yeah I get it a small subset of people like being on dead servers that never have any action but, that’s not exactly healthy for the OVERALL game.

I don’t like zerging and never have. Even with max queues I had quite a lot of roaming action last night, so I can’t really accept that argument.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

i notice now my cpu and fan kick in harder ,
its like driving a car , ripping it up to 7500 RPM all the way ,

Attachments:

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

anyone who thank anet for this update , what if this happen to you ?
my guess is everyone that thank anet for this update got in wvw within an hour ?
so put urself in our shoe , wait 2 hours before you go in wvw
and let me know how happy you are ??
if you guy DID NOT wait 2 hours , why are you complaining about us complaining ?

i will even pay for you to transfer , so you can feel the 2 hours waiting time ?
Kanebrake.6192:

. I waited for 2.5 hours and went from 146 down to 99ish before having to log out.
anyone good at mat ? 2.5 hour @ 146 down to 99 = ? How much longer do Kanebrake have to wait ? anyone got an answer ?
queue is like waiting for a table in a restaurant ,
if NO ONE LEAVE , you are not getting in
are people hypocrite ? cuz they did not have to wait 2 hours and for some of us
who had to wait 2 hours can’t complain ? we cant be upset ?
let me know for the people willing to wait 2 hours , i wil pay for your transfer lol \
NOT all people can play 10 hours a day and 2 hours waiting meant nothing to them

(edited by Keviin Snow.5760)

in WvW

dank.3680

anyone who thank anet for this update , what if this happen to you ?
my guess is everyone that thank anet for this update got in wvw within an hour ?
so put urself in our shoe , wait 2 hours before you go in wvw
and let me know how happy you are ??
if you guy DID NOT wait 2 hours , why are you complaining about us complaining ?

i will even pay for you to transfer , so you can feel the 2 hours waiting time ?
Kanebrake.6192:

. I waited for 2.5 hours and went from 146 down to 99ish before having to log out.

I’m happy because I ended up quitting a game I’ve loved more then every other game I ever played. And I quit because there was nobody left playing wvw.

So yeah seeing queues again makes me ECSTATIC.

BTW I entered the EBG queue right after reset and ended up in slot 81.. Then I MISSED my queue, and ended back at 80ish again. So instead I got myself in to a borderland which queues move a lot quicker then queued back up for ebg once I got into the bl.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

I’m happy because the majority of people who waited the longest in queue are people who historically have earned that fact. While it is unfortunate (and I do not envy that) the lowest tier got merged into the already stacked tier, this was a game-wide event. It happened to everyone, to some extent. Its severity is temporary.

I’m happy because there are also other flaws in the existing WvW system which were re-hashed and revealed again last night, and that is good because right now ArenaNet is paying the most attention they ever have to these events.

I’m happy because the net result of the move as-is was good, and the longer term outlook appears better, including some easing of, even repair of, what went wrong last night.

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

phsh. i don’t care. i’ve played on ET, NSP, SoR, BP, and FA. and i hate playing on EB map, so i’m less likely to hit a queue, and more likely to find smaller groups and fights of the type that i prefer. i’m just trying to make the point that not everyone is QQing about queues, so blanket telling everyone "oh don’t worry, the queues will settle soon" doesn’t address the problem that some people are talking about and makes you come off as not paying any attention to what’s actually being said.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

dank.3680
because there was nobody left playing wvw.
???? nobody mean 0
i don’t believe it , i had a guildmate who is in t8 server and they even have 2 or 3 people NOT nobody , so your nobody meaning , everytime you log in , nobody but you on the map ? other one from the other serever , nobody right ? that is BS
i have NEVER seen a wvw map with NObody ,
again did you read this ?
Kanebrake.6192:

anyone good at mat ? 2.5 hour @ 146 down to 99 = ? How much longer do Kanebrake have to wait ? anyone got an answer ?
try waiting 2.5 hours then we can talk
i will be happy if i can get in in 30 min lol

btw , some changes are awesome , in less then 2 hours after in wvw , my bags are full
so that mean either , stop , clear out , OR buy more bag slot @ 400 gems each
1 more thing , " dank.3680 And I quit because there was nobody left playing wvw "
this can go both way , ppl are going to quit cuz they are sick and tired of waiting everyday from now on ,
btw i just check , my wvw queue is 167 , you do the math lol

in WvW

dank.3680

dank.3680
???? nobody mean 0
i don’t believe it , i had a guildmate who is in t8 server and they even have 2 or 3 people NOT nobody , so your nobody meaning , everytime you log in , nobody but you on the map ? other one from the other serever , nobody right ? that is BS
i have NEVER seen a wvw map with NObody ,
again did you read this ?
Kanebrake.6192:

try waiting 2.5 hours then we can talk
i will be happy if i can get in in 30 min lol

Do you play only at primetime?? Yes I’ve spent countless hours as the ONLY person on a map or one of only a couple.

2 or 3 people does not a healthy wvw make..

qvqvq means all servers are on even grounds numbers wise, something we have been missing for a LONG LONG time.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

phsh. i don’t care.

Okay. Don’t worry, the queues will be over soon, and the rest was transient or irrelevant.

in WvW

katz.8376

quit kitten talkin about the queues :-P

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

yes i play in pt , that is my hour
what can i do quit my job and play 10 hours a day ?

2 or 3 people does not a healthy wvw make.. this can go both way
60 + each side = lag , crash maybe , all the spell costing , cpu fan kicking in
its not healthy either , having a ot cpu can easily heat up
but that’s not the point if it over heat and die , buy a new pc lol
my point is not all ppl can play 10 hours a day and that 2 hours waiting ain’t a problem

in WvW

Virtute.8251

The rest was transient or irrelevant.

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

dank.3680
???? nobody mean 0
i don’t believe it , i had a guildmate who is in t8 server and they even have 2 or 3 people NOT nobody

2 to 3 people on a map is not Wvw. That’s a glorified silverwastes. We’re talking in the interest of Wvw not brain-dead pvding.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

dank.3680

yes i play in pt , that is my hour
what can i do quit my job and play 10 hours a day ?

Well all I can request is to have a little patience. To many of us this is nothing new, even in the low tiers(I can’t reiterate this enough as someone who spent a large amount of time in t8,t7 and t5 while also having lots of exp playing t1-3 AS a roamer).

By the time this weekend is over the queues will die out by a lot , we may still have them but not this bad.

My other advice is to give the borderlands a chance, they are much easier to get in to. Back in the day we only played in EBG when it was late at night and all the maps were dead.. It was widely referred to as “pug map” and considered laggy and low skilled.

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

katz.8376

happen to you ?
queue is like waiting for a table in a restaurant , if no one leave , you don’t get in

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

In a way we really can’t just base it off of reset night.. I played Tuesdays patched and liked all the changes we got but I didn’t play the rest of the week until Fridays reset.

There was a time that even in the lower tiers we would queue every map during reset.. It used to be a normal thing but after the weekend and outside of primetime those queues were gone.

I think lots of people came back to see what Fridays change did and over time it will die down. If you never experienced massive queues on reset then you missed a lot of the older days of wvw.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

Zetsumei.4975 2 to 3 people on a map is not Wvw <— depend on the hour
not everyone stay up at 3 or 4 am in the morning to play gw2
some ppl work , not everyone can play 10 hours a day , i wish i don’t have a job and can play 10 hours a day and not worry about bills

briggah.7910

In a way we really can’t just base it off of reset night..
today is not reset day anymore , still a queue , in fact i heard , the queue never stop

dank.3680 , t1-3 don’t need link , we have enough people
maybe anet can put all the people who love to wait , in 1 server
so the people who love and don’t mind waiting let them lol
and the people who don’t wanna wait in another
that would make everyone happy
i did not pay for a waiting game lol

in WvW

katz.8376

katz.8376

happen to you ?
queue is like waiting for a table in a restaurant , if no one leave , you don’t get in

i wasn’t talking to you. i was talking to the guy being dismissive of the queues.

in WvW

katz.8376

The rest was transient or irrelevant.

in your opinion

in WvW

dank.3680

some ppl work , not everyone can play 10 hours a day , i wish i don’t have a job and can play 10 hours a day and not worry about bills

Some people have a job where the free time is not during primetime. I’m sure some of those people now enjoy having people to play with rather then pvdooring empty maps.

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

dank.3680
Some people have a job where the free time is not during primetime.
i cant play game while at work lol ,

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I played in T1/2 from the beginning up to a year ago, so I know what queues do and it sucks trying to fit your guild in. Again this was the first night for the change, there’s any number of factors for the high population at reset. If in fact the queues hold up on T1 servers for some time and it’s unbearable I’m sure they could go back to unlinking T8 with T1, and maybe link T8 with the T4 servers if that looks more suitable.

But they won’t know exactly what the situation is until it’s been given some time to show them, growing pains. I’m not saying don’t express your concern, but let’s not overreact and flood the forums with 20 different qq threads about the queues everyday.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

omg… queues queues queues… Keep the queues on the high servers for all I care… after all this settles down it will still be BLOB city!!! Give me my old server back where blobs are a thing somewhere else and your server is a place that you can actually do your guild missions, have fun with small groups and so on… No BORG Drone cubes please!

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

katz.8376

Keviin... no offense, but some of your posts are a little hard to figure out because of the way you quote people... if you hit the arrow button at the bottom right of the post you want to quote.. it preps the quote for you... it would make things a bit clearer...

carry on.

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

i found a solution , for the ppl who bxxch about my complain , X out why here on my topic ? i got every right to complain , again NO ONE answer me if they have to wait 2 hours or anyone , who complain about my complain waited 2 hours ?
so put urself in my shoe , wait 2 hours and tell me what a happy camper you are
again i said , i will pay for ur transfer and let u feel the waiting ? how’s that sound ?
btw today its the next day , still a queue , still waiting lol , did i pay for the Waiting Game ?

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m just going to say that, after watching the Q’s, BG is way too fat right now.
Diet please? Get out of the Candy store, you’ve had enough….

:)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Folks the point of these threads is to point out problems with this implementation of server linking, remember it is in beta testing which means problems need to be identified not just technical but effects on qol as well.

Throwing around personal insults to make up for a lack of a substantive argument gets us nowhere.

Personally speaking, even though I pointed out what I see as problems, that does not mean I want the system entirely done away with, I would rather it be fixed and changed because I cant see this working properly in its current form, but again thats the whole point of a beta test.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: James Rustler.7860

James Rustler.7860

(1) Just to be clear, this RESET is pretty special. Everyone is coming out of the woodwork, flooding all the servers. New wvw updates, new rewards, new beta server mergings etc. Obviously there is a lot more people than usual.

As such I do recommend everyone to be patient, and test this out over a couple of weeks, and see how the numbers goes.

(2) The low population play style is destroyed with this merger. And many of us will miss it. (My note of partial possibility to restore with Dynamic Map Adjustment)

(3) I agree with the idea that the top servers probably doesn’t need an “Ally” server, and perhaps make the lower tier servers Ally with each others instead. But we should still let this Beta run for a while to see how it turns out. (Todays metrics are way off)

@ lil devils x.6071

Again we come to similar conclusion through different directions :p

@ robotempire.2451

XTD is one of the few people on this forum that discusses things from a mostly un-biased perspective.

Good points. And yes, XTD makes some very good points in some of his/her posts. But XTD also overreacts, as is being done on this thread.

If in 2-3 weeks time, if there are still issues and problems with ques, then I will be the first one to agree with XTD. But not this early.

If this is still going on in 2-3 weeks, half of the people in my guild will have given up on the game. They mostly play for WvW, and reset is the night the majority of them are on. None of us even got in last night. By the time we normally call it a night, we were all still 15th+ in queue—for a BL. We’ve effectively been blocked from playing by this beta.

in WvW

katz.8376

it is an interesting system. and ideally it would help... unfortunately the implementation leaves much to be desired. in my opinion the T1/T2 servers were probably loaded enough to stay as is.. on paper to Anet it probably sounded great to combine T1 and T8... give T8 more people to play with, and not increase T1 significantly... however, as has been stated more than once by multiple people... there are many people in the lower tiers because they didn’t like the blob on blob fights... some even because their computers can’t handle a huge blob. they purposely transferred to T6/T7/T8, and have now been thrown back against their will into the blob.

personally... i think something more like this would have been a bit smarter:
T1/T2- left alone
T3 +T4
T5+T6
T7+T8

or perhaps
T1/T2 unchanged
T3+T6
T4+T7
T5+T8

then the disparities between what was and what is for the lowest tiers are not so stark.

this may not be a GREAT solution, but as this is a BETA test, and they already said it will be changed much more often till they get things situated, at which point it will most likely settle down to being seasonal... maybe they can try this next... it keeps the high pop servers as they are for the most part, and more preserves the small group feel that lower tier servers had.

as for queues... yeah they suck, but this is "THE NEW SHINY™" and everyone and their uncle’s dog is going to be playing right now. the queues WILL settle down. take the opportunity to get to know the improved BLs (if you aren’t queued there too, that is, but they aren’t as popular, so you’re more likely to get on them much faster), do some dungeons or fractals to make some gold... try a new character... or catch up on your favorite show... but don’t give up hope. this is live beta. things are crazy, but they aren’t going to STAY this way. honest.

in WvW

Keviin Snow.5760

Katz I agree , t1 & 2 leave it alone

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I admit I will probably give the “new” a bit of a chance to suck me in if it turns out that BLOBs are not everywhere. But the biggest issue besides the blobs that I have now is that Borlis Pass, in this new setup, has no identity. I am now assigned to Fort Aspenwood. Nothing against FA but I am BP. Maybe it doesn’t matter to many people but Borlis Pass is where I first landed in this game ( and I tried a couple other servers after ) but Borlis Pass is where I ‘made my home’. Yes of course this is just a game and people will say duh just to wvw and shut up about ‘YOUR’ server. But for me I love being Borlis… love winning or being stomped as a Borlis player and that won’t change. It’s more than just a game in that respect for me. I won’t scream and whine further about how things go because if that’s what the majority wants then so be it. I will adjust what I do and where I do it… but I will hold out hope that I see my home server’s identity again sometime soon in the list of WvW servers.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

this is a beta , I hope they change it back
2 weeks ago I SPEND GEMs to move to a lower server less people
I should get a Refund
Bcuz some of us WORK , and can only spend so much time an hour or so playing

I work, too, and use this game as a release after work and on weekends. And I just transferred from Kaineng to FA just over a week back. It only cost 500 gems, which was a pretty reasonable price. (And I know your transfer to a lower server didn’t cost any more). I even did the transfer knowing that this wvw beta was coming.

I could have stayed on Kaineng, as they have ques, now, too…and lots of wvw population. But it is early in this beta, and I bet things change a lot. I certainly have no reason to be asking for my gems back. /shrug

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Teon.5168

LordCody.6245 did you have to wait almost 2 hours to get in wvw ?
what if you have to wait 2 hours from now on ? would u still love it ?
some ppl work and can only play 1 or 2 hours per day
until some of you playing 10 to 12 hr

The ques won’t last. The wvw beta change is super popular right now, and it happened on a Friday night. In a couple weeks, there will have been changes, and the ques won’t be near as bad, imo.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Teon.5168

it is an interesting system. and ideally it would help… unfortunately the implementation leaves much to be desired. in my opinion the T1/T2 servers were probably loaded enough to stay as is.. on paper to Anet it probably sounded great to combine T1 and T8… give T8 more people to play with, and not increase T1 significantly… however, as has been stated more than once by multiple people… there are many people in the lower tiers because they didn’t like the blob on blob fights… some even because their computers can’t handle a huge blob. they purposely transferred to T6/T7/T8, and have now been thrown back against their will into the blob.

personally… i think something more like this would have been a bit smarter:
T1/T2- left alone
T3 T4
T5
T6
T7+T8

or perhaps
T1/T2 unchanged
T3+T6
T4+T7
T5+T8

then the disparities between what was and what is for the lowest tiers are not so stark.

this may not be a GREAT solution, but as this is a BETA test, and they already said it will be changed much more often till they get things situated, at which point it will most likely settle down to being seasonal… maybe they can try this next… it keeps the high pop servers as they are for the most part, and more preserves the small group feel that lower tier servers had.

as for queues… yeah they suck, but this is “THE NEW SHINY™” and everyone and their uncle’s dog is going to be playing right now. the queues WILL settle down. take the opportunity to get to know the improved BLs (if you aren’t queued there too, that is, but they aren’t as popular, so you’re more likely to get on them much faster), do some dungeons or fractals to make some gold… try a new character… or catch up on your favorite show… but don’t give up hope. this is live beta. things are crazy, but they aren’t going to STAY this way. honest.

Katz, I like your second idea on server pair ups……and I think it will get to something like that in the next few weeks. This being a ‘beta’, I think that Anet is just throwing some stuff together initially to see how it all works, and then they’ll go from there on changing the pair ups.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I haven’t seen all 4 maps queued in T1 but I’ve only been here since HoT. The most I’ve seen since I’ve been here is a queue on EBG and maybe 1 or 2 bls with small queues not over 10 – 15 but even that was a rare thing..

When I logged in a few hours ago EBG was outnumbered in T1

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Zetsumei.4975

dank.3680
Some people have a job where the free time is not during primetime.
i cant play game while at work lol ,

You completely missed both of our points.

Quoting the population during off hours does not validate the number of people on a map being so low that the only enemy you encounter realistically on a regular basis is a door equating to what wvw is, it still equates to a glorified silverwastes.

I advise you to re-read dank’s post.

Edit: Seems i misread the second half of your post. What has your second line got anything to do with the first?

Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Zetsumei.4975)

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I haven’t seen all 4 maps queued in T1 but I’ve only been here since HoT. The most I’ve seen since I’ve been here is a queue on EBG and maybe 1 or 2 bls with small queues not over 10 – 15 but even that was a rare thing..

Prior to HoT, it was normal to have all 4 maps queued in T1, not just for reset either. Hot just made so many players quit the game that was no longer the case. Players coming back in hopes of them fixing it ( giving Anet another chance) would be what they want to happen, but if they cannot play at all and the changes are not what they asked for, you can expect them to just leave again. People saying the " queues will die down" should understand that is the worst thing that could happen, as them dying down means all those players just left the game again.

This is their opportunity to increase the number of players playing and improve the health of the game, if they blow that chance, that means they lost an opportunity to prevent the games decline. Players should want the game to keep growing, not die. Asking them not to make improvements that actually solve these issues long term is just asking them to kill the game faster.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

Guys IT IS TOO SOON to have any opinion on the issue.

Give it a few weeks. Everyone wanted to do WvW and see the changes. Ofc we will see ques.

But that is great! That means we still have a vast amount of ppl interested in WvW.

I would be more worried if there wasn’t queue times yesterday.

Now please, settle down a bit and let things normalize before you come up with an opinion.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Give it a few weeks. Everyone wanted to do WvW and see the changes. Ofc we will see ques.

But that is great! That means we still have a vast amount of ppl interested in WvW.

Now please, settle down a bit and let things normalize before you come up with an opinion.

Players giving Anet a second chance are not going to wait a few weeks, they will leave the game in a few days, not weeks. If the problem persists for weeks, it shows the game is not being maintained properly. These are issues that must be resolved Day one, not in weeks if you want to maintain your game population.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Zetsumei.4975

Prior to HoT, it was normal to have all 4 maps queued in T1, not just for reset either. Hot just made so many players quit the game that was no longer the case. Players coming back in hopes of them fixing it ( giving Anet another chance) would be what they want to happen, but if they cannot play at all and the changes are not what they asked for, you can expect them to just leave again. People saying the " queues will die down" should understand that is the worst thing that could happen, as them dying down means all those players just left the game again.

This is their opportunity to increase the number of players playing and improve the health of the game, if they blow that chance, that means they lost an opportunity to prevent the games decline. Players should want the game to keep growing, not die. Asking them not to make improvements that actually solve these issues long term is just asking them to kill the game faster.

Indeed but players should correctly convey they want anet to use a similar format for na as they do for eu rather than have a knee-jerk and immature reaction by asking to have the system completely removed.

From simple observation of the forums, i believe it can be seen that almost if not all eu players strongly feel this was a step in the right direction.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

FYI, T2 wasn’t fine last week. FA was outmanned during NA prime in EBG during the week. If it weren’t for the fact that the rebel alliance of DB and FA, TC would have been sitting on all sides of the map with fortified towers, keeps and SMC.

As it was TC only had their side of the map fully upgraded and fully sieged.

As for T3, I’m sure Mag’s spawncamping of DH was something good for WvW too.
Even in T1 players were complaining of YB’s strategies making the game boring.

Everything wasn’t fine last week, far from it, and the declining player numbers since before HoT are the only facts you need.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Indeed but players should correctly convey they want anet to use a similar format for na as they do for eu rather than have a knee-jerk and immature reaction by asking to have the system completely removed.

From simple observation of the forums, i believe it can be seen that almost if not all eu players strongly feel this was a step in the right direction.

They need to have the number of maps in play be determined by the number of people playing in the match at the time or it will never be resolved. That should have been done and tested PRIOR to merging as it will still cause problems for NA regardless. Merging does not solve the issues, it only creates more issues if they fail to adjust the system’s problems that are causing it. They need more maps in play during Peak hours and less maps during off hours to actually solve the queue/ coverage wars issues in NA.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

katz.8376

first you say every map in T1 had a queue before HoT. now you say that having queues will drive away the people returning after having been driven away by HoT. whut? if they’re coming back to see how things are post HoT, having a queue shouldn’t drive them away if they were already used to having them. i’m a little confused what you’re trying to say...

and for the record.. having no queues (while convenient to play whenever you want) is bad, as it indicates not enough players, having astronomical queues is bad because it discourages people from even trying... BUT is also to be expected RIGHT AFTER a huge new shiny patch.. but queues dying down to a manageable level is good.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

People keep talking about waiting for things to settle out and normalize before voicing any opinion but that’s silly. You should give feedback immediately (good or bad) so that the people who can make the changes can at least start thinking about what they could do differently both in the long and the short term.

BG

in WvW

Teon.5168

They need to have the number of maps in play be determined by the number of people playing in the match at the time or it will never be resolved. That should have been done and tested PRIOR to merging as it will still cause problems for NA regardless. Merging does not solve the issues, it only creates more issues if they fail to adjust the system’s problems that are causing it. They need more maps in play during Peak hours and less maps during off hours to actually solve the queue/ coverage wars issues in NA.

I might agree with this had Anet not said that this was a ‘beta’. Being a beta, the testing is being done now, rather than how you insist it should have been done “prior” to merging. This is the whole point of this being called a beta, so that Anet can test it and make adjustments going forward.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

FYI, T2 wasn’t fine last week. FA was outmanned during NA prime in EBG during the week. If it weren’t for the fact that the rebel alliance of DB and FA, TC would have been sitting on all sides of the map with fortified towers, keeps and SMC.

As it was TC only had their side of the map fully upgraded and fully sieged.

As for T3, I’m sure Mag’s spawncamping of DH was something good for WvW too.
Even in T1 players were complaining of YB’s strategies making the game boring.

Everything wasn’t fine last week, far from it, and the declining player numbers since before HoT are the only facts you need.

Far from the only facts needed. What needs to be addressed is 1) why players left the game 2) what is being done to resolve those issues. If “solutions” are not solving the problems and the more serious issues are not even being addressed, that is a problem that is only going to get worse, not better.

Change for the sake of change doesn’t help anything, instead it needs to be progress working towards making the improvements to the game that the players asked for to make the game playable at all. It is like giving you a undeterminable piece of clay mush they made in art class when you are laying on the ground with a broken leg. That is nice and all, but there are more serious issues that need to be attended to. Giving someone a undeterminable piece of clay mush they made in art class at that point is just going to make them want to hit you with it.

When players are not asking for an undeterminable piece of clay mush they made in art class but are instead asking for a long list of things that are preventing them from playing the game and that list is ignored and they are handed an undeterminable piece of clay mush they made in art class instead, you can imagine, they will become a bit irritated.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding queues. Heres the thing, queues have always been a part of wvw. I remember when queues were a daily thing on most maps, queues themselves are not new. The issue is people are afraid of seeing an enourmous queue becoming a regular occurrence especially on reset night which is important for many. This is especially worrisome to those who run in guilds and will find themselves confined to one map unable to float to help groups in another map because many will get stuck in a queue.

Queues can be an indicator of a healthy wvw yes, but having to much of it will bore and frustrate people and turn them off of wvw. There are many people who have left their servers because of queues. We dont need people leaving the game because of queues now that there is no lower tier to escape to.

People keep saying oh the queues will die down and I just keep wanting go /facepalm because this is just such a narrow minded view…one the one hand your saying queues mean wvw is healthy then your saying oh it will die down soon…well dont you think there is a problem then? It means people people are frustrated and bored with waiting. Queues are important yes because maps can only handle so many people, but who wants to stand around on one toon waiting so long to play and hope they dont dc or have to start all over again. It should not be there to deter and discourage people from being able to play wvw.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I might agree with this had Anet not said that this was a ‘beta’. Being a beta, the testing is being done now, rather than how you insist it should have been done “prior” to merging. This is the whole point of this being called a beta, so that Anet can test it and make adjustments going forward.

They should be testing the map adjustments prior to testing mergers as mergers should not even be a consideration until they can figure out if they can make static maps work. I a not aware they are even working on static maps. “ALPHA” is to determine whether or not they are going to do something, " Beta" is to work out the bugs/ crashes but are planning on doing this.. This should be in alpha not beta and static maps should be in beta for this to even be considered.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Teon.5168

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding queues. Heres the thing, queues have always been a part of wvw. I remember when queues were a daily thing on most maps, queues themselves are not new. The issue is people are afraid of seeing an enourmous queue becoming a regular occurrence especially on reset night which is important for many. This is especially worrisome to those who run in guilds and will find themselves confined to one map unable to float to help groups in another map because many will get stuck in a queue.

Queues can be an indicator of a healthy wvw yes, but having to much of it will bore and frustrate people and turn them off of wvw. There are many people who have left their servers because of queues. We dont need people leaving the game because of queues now that there is no lower tier to escape to.

People keep saying oh the queues will die down and I just keep wanting go /facepalm because this is just such a narrow minded view…one the one hand your saying queues mean wvw is healthy then your saying oh it will die down soon…well dont you think there is a problem then? It means people people are frustrated and bored with waiting. Queues are important yes because maps can only handle so many people, but who wants to stand around on one toon waiting so long to play and hope they dont dc or have to start all over again. It should not be there to deter and discourage people from being able to play wvw.

I find this post confusing. On the one hand, you say that smaller ques are a healthy indicator for wvw, whereas huge ques can be a detriment. (I agree)

But then you go on to say that you /facepalm at those people and their ‘narrow’ viewpoint saying this will change in the coming weeks???

(scratching my head)

Let me put something to you, XTD. As I said in a previous post, I will be the first one to agree with you if there is still this problem in 2-3 weeks. Might I request, that you also agree with my ‘narrow viewpoint’ if the ques come down to manageable sizes and change for the better in the next 2-3 weeks??

:)

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-