The "Rage Quit" penalty

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Sajuuk.6420

Sajuuk.6420

Hello guys! Im here to point something out and ask if anyone else has had this issue.. we all know that from now on when ever you quit/log off in WvW while in combat u die and u still get the repair billz and the one who killed you gets loot bags. But! Today i DCed while in a Omega Golem.. and well yes it worked just like that.. i DCed the game thought i quit/loged off and the Omega Golem died… oh and yes i was NOT being attacked by any players.. i was in combat with the gate and the gate only… if any developer reads this could you look into it? I dont want to lose golems just because i DC while attacking a gate..

The Angry Commander

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

It sounds like more of a connection problem than a mechanic problem, though it would be nice if the golem was left there without someone in it.

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Habib Loew.6239

Habib Loew.6239

Gameplay Programmer

Next

The behavior is correct in that your character was killed while in combat but the team talked it over and we’re not happy with the golem going away as a result. We’ll get a change into an upcoming build so that if you’re in a golem when you DC the golem itself won’t be destroyed but will instead be left behind as though you had exited it.

ArenaNet Gameplay Programmer

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

The behavior is correct in that your character was killed while in combat but the team talked it over and we’re not happy with the golem going away as a result. We’ll get a change into an upcoming build so that if you’re in a golem when you DC the golem itself won’t be destroyed but will instead be left behind as though you had exited it.

Good change and it makes sense. Thanks.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Sajuuk.6420

Sajuuk.6420

Thanks for the reply Habib Loew and thank you!

The Angry Commander

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

It would make more sense to have the penalty kick in under the downed state as that would cover both DC’s and legit kills.

-KNT- BG

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Aash.7962

Aash.7962

I would prefer it if the golem turned around attacked the D/C’d players home keep while under a 30 min immunity buff as this would prove the most entertaining.

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

It would make more sense to have the penalty kick in under the downed state as that would cover both DC’s and legit kills.

No, it wouldn’t. There’s been people that ran into my kill-squad of 5, and they turn, get hit 3-4x, go to 10% HP and DC right there. So, people are DCing prior to even getting in downstate just to avoid a death. I’m glad the system kills them no matter when they disconnect…though I think that destroying a golem should be done as well just on principal.

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

WHILE YOU’RE AT IT ADD A FLIPPING WARNING SYSTEM THAT ISN"T 10 SECONDS!!!!

Apologies for being rude but holy crap, but does Anet have any idea how annoying it is to just suddenly get kicked off from the game cause of a “new build” and lose all your siege in each borderland, fail a long and tedious executed attack just because there was no prior warning?

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

(edited by LieutenantGoogle.7326)

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

golem should be remote control by a character.

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

Finally! Thank you very much.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

I would just like to point out this is exactly why GW is superior to any other game. Seeing a response to a minor problem like this so fast is unheard of in any other game I’ve played. Thank you for proving such an awesome game for us to enjoy.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

Can you also look into a similar problem when queuing for another battleground but fighting in one already?

There is no warning that you will die if you take a queue pop but are already flagged as being in combat (even if you simply took fall damage).

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

wrong thread

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Habib Loew.6239

Previous

Habib Loew.6239

Gameplay Programmer

The penalty shouldn’t apply when a queue pops – that’s a bug and we’ll get a fix into an upcoming build. Thanks for reporting it!

ArenaNet Gameplay Programmer

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

lol we’re not happy with the recent patch update .. when we came back five golems we had waiting went poof. That’s a nice chunk of coin to have just disappear after an update. (They were parked at the WP, so no they were not lost in battle).

L’enfer, c’est les autres

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

The penalty shouldn’t apply when a queue pops – that’s a bug and we’ll get a fix into an upcoming build. Thanks for reporting it!

You’re welcome and thanks.

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

The "Rage Quit" penalty

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

lol we’re not happy with the recent patch update .. when we came back five golems we had waiting went poof. That’s a nice chunk of coin to have just disappear after an update. (They were parked at the WP, so no they were not lost in battle).

What happens, happens. It’s happened to us loads of times as well. Can’t expect to never have to worry about it, but I understand your position.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian