The Rift in Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Burn.5021

Burn.5021

On Saturday night EU what ended up being a not so secret meeting among the Far Shiverpeaks community “admin council” was held to discuss the re-inclusion of a certain player.

The particular player was initially banned from the community communication and guild platforms earlier in the year following serious chaotic, destructive and toxic behavior as well as transferal to Piken Square with the intent to poach members and weaken Far Shiverpeaks as a World.

The banning went through a very formal procedure and the various reasons for it were well documented and made available to the whole community. The banning was also a decision that was strongly welcomed by the wider Far Shiverpeaks community.

Since prior to the last Far Shiverpeaks-Piken Square matchup, this player attempted to dig his claws into the Far Shiverpeaks community to find minions who would side with him to cause drama and create attention around his banning.

This approach even went as far as to manipulate “admin council” members for them to side with him for his unbanning from the community.

Following the major WvW improvements 2 months ago and server linking, a significant amount of players transferred from Piken Square to Underworld, who Far Shiverpeaks is linked with, to infiltrate the Far Shiverpeaks community.

On Saturday night a 5 vs 4 vote was cast for the unbanning of the player, an outcome which was orchestrated and decided even before the meeting was started.

Some aspects to consider are the facts that individuals who were directly affected in a real life personal capacity by this player’s chaos were never allowed to voice their case in attempt to keep him excluded from the community.

“Admin council” members who aren’t even active in Guild Wars 2 and World vs World anymore were pulled into the not so secret meeting and allowed to cast a vote on a case which they have hardly any knowledge of in order for those who believe they run the show to achieve their winning outcome.

The biased and unfit actions by certain “admin council” members have made a very large part of the Far Shiverpeaks community to revolt!

For long the Far Shiverpeaks community have been run by a few self elected council members who have proven on various occasions to be unfit for and incapable of the role where dictating and biased behavior is enforced for their own gain and personal satisfaction.

This behavior even goes as far as to where a guild leadership council decides on the outcome of World vs World matchups and manipulate results with their level of play for Far Shiverpeaks to not gain too much rank or drop too low.

A strong rank would mean more players would select Far Shiverpeaks as their home world, causing blobs and queues where these perceived hardcore players struggle to get onto borders with their guilds for raids.

A weak rank would mean an easy matchup and zero fighting action for these hardcore guilds.

Anyone who voices their dissatisfaction against these few members and hardcore guilds are victimized and threatened with community communication platform banning.

What this fringe minority group is completely disillusioned about is that they are actually the rulers of nothing!

For long the far majority of members from the Far Shiverpeaks community was never allowed to have a voice, but the time has finally arrived for them to take action against what they do not agree with and to stand up for what is right!

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

this beats everything i have ever known about taking things seriously. you should consider a career in politics.

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Really, what has this to do WvW and Anet?

All I can say is “wut”.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Hellbound.5610

Hellbound.5610

World vs World is life for many people.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Jesus Christ man……find a hobby lol

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I’m sorry you’re having such a frustrating time on your server, but, honestly, it may be time to take a break from the game for a while to think sine things through.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Ahaha, reminds me of what happened on Blackgate.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Avengedeath.4671

Avengedeath.4671

I can empathize with having to deal with toxic people. You would like to be able to play wvw and have fun. My advice would be to find a few friends to run with and ignore or block the others. You can’t control how others are going to act, including posters on this thread/forum, lol. Best of luck to you. Try to have fun despite the nasties.

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Delicious drama. =P I do enjoy getting insights into things like this, so thanks for posting even as I’m sorry it’s probably not great for you.

I was about to say that I’m glad this sort of stuff doesn’t happen on my server but then it probably does and I’m just blissfully oblivious to it.
Out of curiosity, do “admin council” members get voted in? And if so, where do you do the voting and who votes for them?

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

This is a game. People are only empowered to do things if others allow them to do so. I would ignore these people and enjoy the game. If they violate ToS report them and let ANet handle them. If its an issue w/ voice comms, use another one. Sorry you are having to deal with politics in a game, that sucks but don’t let them stress you.

I can imagine some chaos in this environment when the serve linking occurred. Oh hi we are your rulers, o really? Reminds me of Eddie Izzard:

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Can we have a tldr version?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Hellbound.5610

Can we have a tldr version?

The FSP Community is sick and tired of the BS driven by a few that has been going on.

in WvW

Posted by: maybe.5086

maybe.5086

The issues you brought up cannot be adressed here. It needs to be discussed at FSP forums and TS.

This behavior even goes as far as to where a guild leadership council decides on the outcome of World vs World matchups and manipulate results with their level of play for Far Shiverpeaks to not gain too much rank or drop too low.

A strong rank would mean more players would select Far Shiverpeaks as their home world, causing blobs and queues where these perceived hardcore players struggle to get onto borders with their guilds for raids.

A weak rank would mean an easy matchup and zero fighting action for these hardcore guilds.

Anyone who voices their dissatisfaction against these few members and hardcore guilds are victimized and threatened with community communication platform banning.

This happens at all servers that have strong guild presence, not just in FSP. I suggest you find people that thinks like you, make a guild and don’t follow their rules

For me, I understand the guilds deceisions. I wodn’t want queues and I don’t care about rank as long as there are enemies to fight.

It would be nice to have match-up threads back in forum though

in WvW

Burn.5021

The issues you brought up cannot be adressed here. It needs to be discussed at FSP forums and TS.

It seems like people are missing the intention of the original post….

With a title like EVE Online for instance we quite often read about all the intrigue, wars, espionage and scamming on various news sites. This directly draws new and old players back to the game to experience it and become part of it.

Guild Wars 2 offers exactly the same!

This post was created to illustrate the real life type political drama that occur within communities of this wonderful game mode Guild Wars 2 offers.

Players often don’t realize how structured, organized and coordinated communities are in World vs World – the true Meta of Guild Wars 2.

Yes, this is just a game, but it is also a form of entertainment and to a large extent a hobby, which many people are spending a lot of time on. Time for people are personal and of great value, which cause them to be very serious about what they spend it on.

If we didn’t, then ArenaNet would not exist.

This was but a single incident of a great many that played out on Far Shiverpeaks and World vs World as a whole and it would be quite interesting to hear players comment about what they experience in their respective communities.

The division on Far Shiverpeaks though is very real and changes are busy happening to its current structure with the community.

in WvW

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

…and people think that Anet is to blame for most of the WvW problems.

The community creates the bigger problems, especially when a select few are simply megalomaniacs intent on controlling everyone and everything.

The two best options in my opinion are;

1) Cut off all ties with those people that are toxic and play in blissful ignorance of it all. Which is almost impossible to do when the politics are in all forms of chat.

or

2) Get out of there and find a new home with fewer toxic people running the show. In fact, anyone with good intentions and a decent moral compass could find a home on a smaller server. There are several that would welcome some folks that just looking for fights and fun.

Leave the insane, and all too serious politics to the toxic megalomaniacs and usurpers. They deserve each other and should be left to stew in their own toxic mess.

in WvW

Posted by: Shoarmapapa.6480

Shoarmapapa.6480

2) Get out of there and find a new home with fewer toxic people running the show. In fact, anyone with good intentions and a decent moral compass could find a home on a smaller server. There are several that would welcome some folks that just looking for fights and fun.

Leave the insane, and all too serious politics to the toxic megalomaniacs and usurpers. They deserve each other and should be left to stew in their own toxic mess.

I like your post as a whole.

However, this is exactly what the higher ups of the existing “FSP community leadership” want. For everyone who does not get in line to leave the server so they can create it into their own Utopia with their own Dictators in place.

So no, I shall not leave.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Alright we need 150 bags of popcorn and 98 bottles of soda stat!

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Meh.
Sometimes the few who provide TS and website for a server let it go to their heads, they swing the power around delivering threats to keep players in place. I’ve seen it a couple times. Are these admins self appointed or community appointed?

Either way it doesn’t have to be that way, the community still has the power here, if they truly oppose it anyways.

Report the verbal offenders in game.
Block those you don’t want to listen to in game and on the voice app.
You can stop using their TS, switch to Discord for free and get the community on there.
Laugh at their threats and their corrupt admin council, while they spend more time and money trying to keep their “power”.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: English Wolf.4198

English Wolf.4198

Haha even without naming this player I’m pretty sure almost everyone who has a presence on FSP, Piken or Underworld knows who this is. I know said person very well…. I also know alot of people who are still big on WvW in FSP – and from what i can gather from the strange posts and conversations i have seen and heard is that MOST people just want to enjoy this GAME. To enjoy WvW without the drama (person in question included). So how about doing just that? ignore all this false political BS and just .. ya know.. play

Guardian – Retired Leader of AoD

in WvW

Burn.5021

Are these admins self appointed or community appointed?
Laugh at their threats and their corrupt admin council, while they spend more time and money trying to keep their “power”.

Self appointed.

And yes, as mentioned, the community is already providing an alternative.

There are also much laughter for these egomaniacs.

in WvW

Burn.5021

Haha even without naming this player I’m pretty sure almost everyone who has a presence on FSP, Piken or Underworld knows who this is. I know said person very well…. I also know alot of people who are still big on WvW in FSP – and from what i can gather from the strange posts and conversations i have seen and heard is that MOST people just want to enjoy this GAME. To enjoy WvW without the drama (person in question included). So how about doing just that? ignore all this false political BS and just .. ya know.. play

Very good post, thank you!

It is exactly what the majority of us want and try to strive for.

The Rift in Far Shiverpeaks is just very intriguing and I wanted to share it with the rest of the Guild Wars 2 player base and those who are perhaps not entirely aware of what is happening in their own World.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

However, this is exactly what the higher ups of the existing “FSP community leadership” want. For everyone who does not get in line to leave the server so they can create it into their own Utopia with their own Dictators in place.

create your own ts and forums so the self proclaimed rulers rule nothing.
edit: I see you have gone this route….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Shoarmapapa.6480

Shoarmapapa.6480

create your own ts and forums so the self proclaimed rulers rule nothing.
edit: I see you have gone this route….

I have done nothing.
Others in the community felt they needed to make their own.

in WvW

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

Uw here, you people have politics like nothing I’ve seen . I f people have joined UW to add to FSP and game matchups then they will leave soon, as they have not joined UW guilds….
all switch soon. For the record I’d have voted for a merge if we are to small on our own, you have some great tags and the majority of players are dedicated. As for the ‘council’ and allocated tag time and associated spreadsheet booking, raspberries. EB has a tag as often as it doesn’t . Appreciate your tags and the guilds that support them, TS catches up.

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

in WvW

Posted by: Dudu.1972

Dudu.1972

Yeah I Agree with the English Wolf :P he seems to know this person very well I believe some people should just enjoy the game its not
“REAL LIFE”

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Please share, what can possibly transcend my pixelated screen and grip us so hard

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Hellbound.5610

Yeah I Agree with the English Wolf :P he seems to know this person very well I believe some people should just enjoy the game its not
“REAL LIFE”

I find it quite interesting how you say it is not “REAL LIFE” even though this particular player took things to a personal real life level, but i guess that is just how you play the game, right? RP for the win….

in WvW

Posted by: GACC.2584

GACC.2584

To all active players of Drama Wars 2, stop being such a dramaqueen about every single thing that happens on ’’your’’ server.
Play the game and stop whining about toxic players, just go ahead and block them if you’re truly that salty.

in WvW

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

ugh dudu is the worst stroll

smh

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in WvW

Posted by: Aeronas.3715

Aeronas.3715

For all the players of FSP, new and old;

I have never left FSP, not since joining this game a month into release, not since discovering WvW for the first time, not once, and in my time (which i will have shared with more of you than I have the chance to know).

I have seen our server at its best and worst; fractured guilds/players more busy arguing amongst each other, than uniting before the common cause. And conversely, (not for a while though) I have seen FSP united, upon which no other server has matched our fighting prowess, and our war-hunger therein.

This player in question deserves the right to play on, I will help them because they equally deserve redemption, should there be a call to arms I would be there for the looting and slaying alongside them, in this I take no side, nor should any of you.

But what they obviously do not realise is like a great many players who left FSP and returned, sometimes with a tail in between there legs (thought this might be the case but I’ve been wrong before), and at other times proud returnees, home once more is thus:

Said Player must earn there place anew, not pick up where they left off, they must prove the dedication to FSP all over again, whether they like it or not.

Doubly so as in most players eyes he is now no more than a seditious traitor to the cause (whatever that may be, FSP) they may have to work hard to rebuild this tarnished rep they made for themselves and they did make it for themselves sadly; there is no questioning or excuse to this.

They convinced players to leave with them this is true, but I hold this not against him, it was their choice to make not his, the departure was soured by events I wont bring up because they have no merit in this discussion.

However the damage caused was more than just a loss in manpower, as they switched to our actual opponents, played pretty dirty when it came to targeting out players from FSP, and in general showed us the treachery they had intended upon all along.

For that I wish this player had not returned, nor any who went with him, allies once enemies now, and let it stand that this player is still unrepentant about the choices they made. And actively trying to drag players from FSP still, (be this a joke/unintended or not, I take it as an insult to all FSP and the allies I have met and gamed alongside for these long years that they still make light of it)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Why is the anet forum being plagued with server politics? And what do you want … say … people in america reading these forums to do about it? Side with you? Won’t change anything …

It’s time to find the good crowd/community you have built, and … #wewillrebuild

Ignore chopstick and his lack respect for others … hell ignore all of them.

And if anyone wants to know a worse troll … go figure out who coined the term ‘mouthbreathers’ in WvW and get a history lesson of a real troll and server politics.

All this doesn’t include 90% of the WvW population. This post should be on your forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Dudu.1972

Dudu.1972

We Shall Crucify this seditious traitor

Bring out the torches and the pitchforks

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Jesus Christ man……find a hobby lol

This is a hobby – if it’s not yours, fine, but it is a hobby to many.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Niadon.9270

Niadon.9270

Farexit&Brexit, coincidence? I don’t think so.

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

[…] ignore all this false political BS and just .. ya know.. play

As a FSP player I can only strongly support this.
The amount of whole squads AFK’ing at spawn for what feels like eternity or heading out to play some pseudo-GvG instead of capping the map lately is just too frustrating for someone who just wants to actually play and see his world giving their best in the competition.
No idea wether this behaviour has sth. to do with said issue, but I just had to point it out…

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The amount of whole squads AFK’ing at spawn for what feels like eternity or heading out to play some pseudo-GvG instead of capping the map lately is just too frustrating for someone who just wants to actually play and see his world giving their best in the competition.
No idea wether this behaviour has sth. to do with said issue, but I just had to point it out…

As I have said before:

Guilds are the head, pugs are the body.

Try doing something without either and see how good that work out for you. They are still there, they are still playing and still bring activity. Many of the guild leaders are incidentally also the best pug commanders but zerging 24/7 is not all that fun so yes, they GvG a couple of hours. We need them to stay entertained in WvW.

Had an amusing situation the other day where someone was adamant in his opinion against GvGs on home border. We get it. Some people dont like it. That’s OK. People are entitled to their opinions. But kitten we where ahead like 50K points on the second place server and dominated home border already. Complaining about it is utterly pointless. If you want to fight the enemy then tag up and get to work. What are you waiting for, guilds to do the work, pfff?

in WvW

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

As I have said before:

Guilds are the head, pugs are the body.

Try doing something without either and see how good that work out for you. They are still there, they are still playing and still bring activity. Many of the guild leaders are incidentally also the best pug commanders but zerging 24/7 is not all that fun so yes, they GvG a couple of hours. We need them to stay entertained in WvW.

Had an amusing situation the other day where someone was adamant in his opinion against GvGs on home border. We get it. Some people dont like it. That’s OK. People are entitled to their opinions. But kitten we where ahead like 50K points on the second place server and dominated home border already. Complaining about it is utterly pointless. If you want to fight the enemy then tag up and get to work. What are you waiting for, guilds to do the work, pfff?

Not at all, I and the few people I usually do WvW with are more than willing to “do the work”, nor am I complaining about a lack of commander-zerging. Though actually I barely see any guilds putting effort in capturing, usually it’s the pug blobs doing so, but that might be coincidence.
We tend to zerg quite rarely anyway, nothing more satisfying than capturing towers and keeps with just a few people, even if there’s some defense showing up. And we rarely play on our own borderlands since usually they’re under our control already.
What ticks me off is a behaviour like “oh look, over there. 4-5 of our guys trying to flip that tower…. uhm, there are some defenders in it… guess they can handle it…. oh wait, there’s a small defense squad of ~10-12 ppl passing us by and moving towards them and are about to roflstomp over them… nah, let’s ignore our fellow FSP mates, we want to keep GvG’ing right next to them”. Happens mostly on the ENEMY borderlands. If they’d GvG on our own borderlands I’d care much less. If our enemies are stupid enough to stop trying to capture our land but rather get their helmets smashed over and over again, so be it (as long as our ppl stop it if someone calls for defense).
Or calling out “enemy squad/zerg/blobb moving/attacking tower/keep X”. We try our best to defend it but sooner or later they breach the walls, roll over us, capture. We port back, just to see dozens of our people standing at spawn, chatting, trash talking, joking. As if it would be a banable offense to move out and do something without their Cmdr being present.
That’s usually the point where we go “screw it, go keep that camps and dolly’s alive yourself, have fun recapturing that keep, I’m outta here”.
Also being 50k in the lead is nice, but I see no reason to stop playing just because of that. Why not try to push the score higher? That’s totally not a winner’s attitude if you ask me.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

Some ppl have way too much time. Go get a job instead of spending your time posting things about ppl that is simply not ture.

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

@Nash: why don’t you just make a guild, get about 20-30 professionals, who think same as you, that there nothing more satisfying than capturing a tower, and do the job all the day for fulfilling your winner’s attitude Or buy a tag and become the number 1 pugmmander on your world. Play as you wish, but pls don’t call other people stupid just because they don’t care about what you care so much…

in WvW

Hellbound.5610

If you want to fight the enemy then tag up and get to work. What are you waiting for, guilds to do the work, pfff?

Please care to explain how someone just tags up to fight enemies when your guild takes up 20-30 players of space on the border.

in WvW

Posted by: Boa Cinderella.1298

Boa Cinderella.1298

I am happy with actual Piken Server with less drama there and a good communication across guilds and scouts. And I hope for FSP that its commanders or guilds that do a good job there bringing people together, entertaining and engaging for PPT not get insulted for little trolling or failing nearby. Do not complain: better search for likeminded people and do it better yourself and with your exemplary guild. There is enough space for that on many borderlands and TS-Channels.

Have fun – Boa

- Piken – [ONYX]

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

If you want to fight the enemy then tag up and get to work. What are you waiting for, guilds to do the work, pfff?

Please care to explain how someone just tags up to fight enemies when your guild takes up 20-30 players of space on the border.

That still leaves an entire 50 man zerg and probably a dozen more players. Plenty of space.

What, you think that anything less than an 80 man borderzerg wont be able to meet the enemy, so no point in trying?

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Council – you have been caught in the act of capturing the camp without permission, what do u have to say

Me – I just wanted some supplies to finish the cata to retake durios

Council – there was a vote of 3-2 for you to to not solo retake that tower because we needed everyone to run yaks

Me – but but…

Council – silence! You shall be punished, your sentence , 300 yaks to be escorted to the keep

Me – nooooooooooo alt f4

Council – rage quitting is an act of treason, you shall be banished to scout the DBL when the map returns

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Council – you have been caught in the act of capturing the camp without permission, what do u have to say

Council – there was a vote of 3-2 for you to to not solo retake that tower because we needed everyone to run yaks

Me – but but…

Council – silence! You shall be punished, your sentence , 300 yaks to be escorted to the keep

Me – nooooooooooo alt f4

Council – rage quitting is an act of treason, you shall be banished to scout the DBL when the map returns

LMFAO …. this just made my friday. I will have a pint and relish this brilliant post.

in WvW

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Next on news…this random guy hasnt payed taxes in 5 years. The fsp council will be taking legal action and soon will go to trial.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Me – but but…

Me – nooooooooooo alt f4

LMFAO …. this just made my friday. I will have a pint and relish this brilliant post.

Hear, Hear!

LOVED IT!

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: maybe.5086

maybe.5086

Couincil has no hearth

in WvW

Hellbound.5610

That still leaves an entire 50 man zerg and probably a dozen more players. Plenty of space.

No, actually not!

The player cap is 60, then you will always have a fair amount of roamers, some randoms who kitten around purposelessly, and of course the usual AFKers.

This is not even to say the border is full of players, so again, where are the players going to come from to tag up and fight enemies when a guild already claims 20-30 of them for their meaningless fights?

Guilds seldom realize the effect they have on a border and a matchup with their selfish tendencies…

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

The player cap is 60, then you will always have a fair amount of roamers, some randoms who kitten around purposelessly, and of course the usual AFKers.

No it’s not, lol.

Border zergs regularly reach 50 members with another 20 man guild present and people roaming/AFK in spawn. There is no way the cap is only 60. It’s around 80-90.