The Roaming Alliance

The Roaming Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Anyone that (solo) roams nowadays should have noticed how ‘empty’ or how anti-roamer the maps are. The new Desert Borderland maps are too large for roamers (especially since there aren’t a lot of players playing on them in the first place) and the upgrade system makes it utterly useless for the roamer to contribute PPT. There is no way a small squad of players consisting of 2-5 guys can get a tower that is completely reinforced. Don’t even mention the effort that needs to be taken to take out the Tower’s Lord. Also Supply Camps being fully upgraded makes solo roamers not even want to participate in PPT anymore. Now for Eternal Battlegrounds it can be fine and it sometimes is until the large blob/zerg/guild squads come on the map which either causes a silly amount of lag or makes roaming close to impossible due to the massive crowd everywhere. Therefore, since I know that there are still plenty players out there that do enjoy roaming (or small-scale fights), I thought of ‘The Roaming Alliance’.

The Roaming Alliance is an idea that brings various roaming guilds on the EU servers together in a non-rep guild. The idea behind this is that when the non-rep guild has the Guild Arena, all guilds can participate in skirmishes ranging from a 2v2 to a 5v5 (obviously with certain rules set to stop cheese comps). This non-rep guild would also get roaming guilds in contact with each other to organize skirmishes as well as gives the option to organize tournaments between the participating guilds. This is essentially a giant contact list that puts roaming guilds that otherwise would never meet in contact with each other. The fact we can provide an arena for those players as well makes this in my opinion a good idea.

The plan is to have around 10ish Roaming Guilds. If this sounds like something your EU Roaming Guild is interested in, please let me know through replying on this thread or contacting me in-game (wolfar.6508). I do want to say though that we are looking for established roaming guilds. If you are part of a guild that does roaming every now and then, this guild might not be of interest to you. Still, get in contact with me if you think it will work out. The current guilds:

• Team Ignition [TI]
  • Cake Walk [Cake]
  • Walk On [Walk]
  • Pwnographic [pwn]
  • Empty
  • Empty
  • Empty
  • Empty
  • Empty
  • Empty

PS: I don’t personally view this as guild recruitment since we are only using the guild system as contact list and to get access to an arena. If you, mods, do view this as guild recruitment please just move it.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

(edited by Wolfar.6508)

The Roaming Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Lol it’s kind of sad that the only viable option for roamers to have fun now is to leave WvW.

Not eu (and barely logging in now) so I’m just going to say gl getting this going, it’s not a bad idea.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

The Roaming Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Lol it’s kind of sad that the only viable option for roamers to have fun now is to leave WvW.

Not eu (and barely logging in now) so I’m just going to say gl getting this going, it’s not a bad idea.

The guilds listed here already did these kind of skirmishes but were severely crippled before because we did not have the Guild Hall arena before Heart of Thorns. Now we can organize these skirmishes at any time we like and with World vs World losing more and more players, this is a big deal for roamers. Hence this alliance.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

The Roaming Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I am a small guild roamer and feel the pain of guild hall upgrades, auto upgrades and the lonesome maps….
But i can take upgraded camps solo … At least XD ….

The Roaming Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I am a small guild roamer and feel the pain of guild hall upgrades, auto upgrades and the lonesome maps….
But i can take upgraded camps solo … At least XD ….

Yeah I haven’t had a problem with that. Even fortified towers feel easier to solo than before…. it just feels so much more tedious now that I have to make so many more supply runs to build a cata, and now that no one put any effort into upgrading the tower and it doesn’t threaten a keep…. it’s just not worth the effort for 10 ppt.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN