The State of WvW

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

World Linking has resulted in a lot of players having no interest in the score because they know that it’s almost impossible to change tiers now (“good fights” is the reason the links are made, not “a chance at first place on the ladder”).

This means that WvW has become a zerg vs zerg game where the dominant server attacks keeps until they get a fight then they recycle the fight (wait for enemy zerg to respawn and fight in the same place over and over) until the other side hasn’t got enough players to put up any resistance, then they continue to attack keeps again.
Throughout all of this, they continually gain more points through PPK than their opponents can muster in PPT.

This is why PPK is bad. It makes dominant servers more dominant.

I beg Arenanet to make it policy to implement systems which do not make dominant servers more dominant. These are bad systems. Here are examples of what NOT TO DO:

• shield generators make powerful sides more powerful – an enormous zerg can carry a LOT of supply for these extra pieces of siege
  • being unable to banner Lords has made powerful sides more powerful
  • being unable to use waypoints into keeps in between ticks made powerful sides more powerful

Arenanet has CONSISTENTLY made powerful sides more powerful despite logic and FUN demonstrating that this is NOT good for any kind of game.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

World Linking has resulted in a lot of players having no interest in the score…

The score has never been of interest other than to those who can’t see the bleeding obvious, really as a competition WvW and the score has always been a complete joke because it was basically down to population/coverage, most matchups over the course of this game have been foregone conclusions because of that, the numbe rof matches over the history of this game where at the end of the week three servers were even remotely close in score is tiny, which says it all.

Just like PPT does.

The only way they could have saved WvW was to address the actual issues, such as population balance which would have involved moving away from the antiquated, inflexible home server system, but then that would require meaningful work / resources / understanding their own code, etc, and this Anet…

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

This was recently added….

“Being killed while outnumbered no longer grants any war score to the enemy team.”

Unfortunately nothing you are listing will improve the state of wvw. Getting more players to play will require some big updates to wvw.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This was recently added….

“Being killed while outnumbered no longer grants any war score to the enemy team.”

How much do you think kills on an outnumbered enemy contributed to the score? I don’t think it’s very much.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

… more points through PPK than their opponents can muster in PPT.

PPK is the ONLY that is result of active play, vs players, and not vs NPC’s. Sitting on siege in T3 objectives must go: make siege do damage only against buildings, not players.

No ideea what “dominant” means to you in a game where most servers desperately work to avoid getting into the top tier – T1. The time of dominant servers are gone, all we have now a massive migration, of almost everyone:
1. either because looking to find fights, since action is almost inexistent in a 24/7 game, except some short periods of time
2. these groups are followed by those who want bags, they go where the gold rush it is
3. then lastly those who don’t care about anything above just sick of empty maps
The rest just give up on game, stop playing it for a while or forever, or just log in and afk on siege.

But imbalance indeed IT IS a huge problem, in the top, next to server lag. Not because the scoring – that just reflects the problem, but because ONE side or two out of three can’t fight back. That kills the game for all 3 sides. Giving some siege to fix balance means nothing, scoring means nothing: fun fights are everything, fought over something that results in rewarding experience, like a scoreboard and realm rewards.

Fix metrics first, then do proper balance of numbers & quality of those player numbers. After that competition can begin and scoring can mean something.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

The score has never been of interest other than to those who can’t see the bleeding obvious, really as a competition WvW and the score has always been a complete joke because it was basically down to population/coverage

It’s been like that since the ferocity change. Before that it was possible to beat outnumbered zergs (blobs not so much) – I know, because back then I was on IoJ and we were almost always outnumbered and we almost always fought zergs twice our size. It was fun times and I wish they came back. But then condi became overwhelming, then the stab changes killed a good part of it and then June 23th 2015 stroke and then HoT.
Once upon a time ranking really did matter and skill did matter – nowadays it’s just cheese and nothing is of any importance anymore. I don’t think that any of it will be reverted, so we’re just going to watch wvw going down and then the whole game will be shelved and that was it. Maybe some day somewhere someone will adopt GW2’s combat and the idea of wvw and will actually put the efforts in to balance things.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

The score has never been of interest other than to those who can’t see the bleeding obvious, really as a competition WvW and the score has always been a complete joke because it was basically down to population/coverage

It’s been like that since the ferocity change. Before that it was possible to beat outnumbered zergs (blobs not so much) – I know, because back then I was on IoJ and we were almost always outnumbered and we almost always fought zergs twice our size. It was fun times and I wish they came back. But then condi became overwhelming, then the stab changes killed a good part of it and then June 23th 2015 stroke and then HoT.
Once upon a time ranking really did matter and skill did matter – nowadays it’s just cheese and nothing is of any importance anymore. I don’t think that any of it will be reverted, so we’re just going to watch wvw going down and then the whole game will be shelved and that was it. Maybe some day somewhere someone will adopt GW2’s combat and the idea of wvw and will actually put the efforts in to balance things.

I think you are right about the whole game headed down hill, just feels, stagnant for some quite time now and the pve, I don’t know I just don’t see it. It doesn’t feel that immersive to me primarily due to repetitive maps or the community isn’t there anymore. It’s literally just a bunch of free accounts running around.

I thought the article below hit some good points. Yea yea i know “worst article ever”, we get it elitists.

http://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/the-stagnant-competitive-scene-1000011593

Dtox

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Since they increased the PPT for ugraded objectives PPK has been a minor part of the overall warscore.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dontral.7490

Dontral.7490

I have to agree with that, I’ve been with Crystal Desert for a while and it seems as though no ones really paying attention because we haven’t had a decent pairing or match-up in months. No offense to the servers we are paired with, they seem like nice people, just not enough of them.

We are currently facing a server that should be in T2/T3 and another that has at least 2-3 times our population. We where stuck with that kitten Desert Borderland for almost three months straight and the list goes on and on.

Because of this, we have been shedding players since people just get frustrated with playing out-manned literally 75% of the day, and servers taking advantage of this by k-training us when they know we simply don’t have the coverage.

My point being, if someone was actively paying attention to what actually goes on from a granular server level, these types of obvious imbalances should never happen.

That being said, we do have a solid core of good people so if any of you Guilds want a challenge, instead of stacking on the latest flavor of the month server, try moving somewhere where wins are not just handed to you. You have to earn them.

(edited by Dontral.7490)

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I have to agree with that, I’ve been with Crystal Desert for a while and it seems as though no ones really paying attention because we haven’t had a decent pairing or match-up in months. No offense to the servers we are paired with, they seem like nice people, just not enough of them.

We are currently facing a server that should be in T2/T3 and another that has at least 2-3 times our population. We where stuck with that kitten Desert Borderland for almost three months straight and the list goes on and on.

Because of this, we have been shedding players since people just get frustrated with playing out-manned literally 75% of the day, and servers taking advantage of this by k-training us when they know we simply don’t have the coverage.

My point being, if someone was actively paying attention to what actually goes on from a granular server level, these types of obvious imbalances should never happen.

That being said, we do have a solid core of good people so if any of you Guilds want a challenge, instead of stacking on the latest flavor of the month server, try moving somewhere where wins are not just handed to you. You have to earn them.

I’m with you on that. CD is my 4th server (just moved there this week with 2 others). I’m not really a server hopper, I just want to play in a simi healthy wvw community that the linking and server stacking hasn’t decimated. The quality of play is another issue when everyone in map chat are complaining about the lag which is worse on CD than when I was on a T1 server. T1 play is ok if all you really want to do is zerg, but I prefer multiple groups with 3-6 man squads while two larger 15-20 man squads fend off the larger assaults or attack across all the maps. I like fights, I like strategy. Running around in a blob is ok from time to time but it gets old and stale fast, but on CD I find myself avoiding it altogether because of the lag. Before anyone says anything yes I have a great gaming rig with all my setting set for performance. I’m not over clocking though my rig is capable. Yes its getting great air and not getting hot. This is server side and it needs attention…like now.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The score is only a symptom and not the actual problem. Tweaking the score doesn’t change population balance or coverage issues. All it does is mask the problem.

Server linking was a band aid to that underlying condition. It sort of worked in that it creates some better matches and fixes the stale issue. Unfortunately they left Glicko and the RNG in the mix so matches still become lopsided.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

The score is only a symptom and not the actual problem. Tweaking the score doesn’t change population balance or coverage issues. All it does is mask the problem.

Server linking was a band aid to that underlying condition. It sort of worked in that it creates some better matches and fixes the stale issue. Unfortunately they left Glicko and the RNG in the mix so matches still become lopsided.

+1 Spot on!

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

One thing I’ve learned working in the public sector is the art of illusion is very strong with management to blind the sheep lol

Dtox

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

pretty much dead since 2013 tbh. They never really tried to fix it. At this point it’s done for you play it casually. You get good fights. Sometimes not. It’s broken. Un-balanced and…….. yeah thats pretty much it?

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SixVoltCar.5248

SixVoltCar.5248

I want the krait lake back, the desert BL removed, and the rest updated graphically (NOT GEOGRAPHICALLY, KARL IF YOU’RE READING THIS)

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

I want to thank Anet for giving me a reason to turn off my PC and go outside. My family is maybe not so thankful :p

Just a bit of feedback if you are still reading these. Stop listening to people and get playing and see for yourself, seems most just have a personal agenda and its not a fit all fix.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ketrah.9542

Ketrah.9542

I just want to throw my 2 cents out there on how I feel about WvW. I don’t like the server grouping because it ruins community. I cant join an active WvW group on my server because the active ones are on other servers and they will not be linked with me forever. If servers really do need more for population reasons then it should be a permanent server merge. Also I don’t like that its 3 servers (or server groups) per match up. I would like it to be 1 server vs 1 server. With 3 it only seems to make it harder for whomever is in 2nd to catch or beat whomever is in 1st. As both the 1st server and 3rd will target the second. 1st to keep their closest competitor down and 3rd just to get out of being 3rd will target 2nd. Not always the case obviously but certainly more often then not. Since there are 2 maps now (not including eternal) it would be nice if matches were 2 weeks. 1 week your alpine next week your desert. Both teams get 1 week on each map so any map differences will be voided. The only other thing I would suggest but I DON’T KNOW if it would help or hurt so take with a grain of salt is to tune down the dps in wvw. It isn’t much of a war if its over in 30s, just saying. Thank you for reading. I hope I was clear and please comment and let Anet know if you like my suggestions or not.

(edited by Ketrah.9542)

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I just want to throw my 2 cents out there on how I feel about WvW. I don’t like the server grouping because it ruins community. I cant join an active WvW group on my server because the active ones are on other servers and they will not be linked with me forever. If servers really do need more for population reasons then it should be a permanent server merge.

Now imagine if your server had no links and was on it’s own still….
If you can’t find players to join on your own server, then maybe it’s time to look at a transfer to the servers are you are seeing groups you wish to join, and not wait for an anet solution to your situation. The only difference is a merge is basically a free permanent transfer to servers you may not even like. If you don’t want to pay for transfers I don’t know what else to tell you on that.

Also I don’t like that its 3 servers (or server groups) per match up. I would like it to be 1 server vs 1 server. With 3 it only seems to make it harder for whomever is in 2nd to catch or beat whomever is in 1st. As both the 1st server and 3rd will target the second. 1st to keep their closest competitor down and 3rd just to get out of being 3rd will target 2nd.

1st beats up on 2nd to keep them down, beats up on 3rd to get their easy points.
2nd beats up on 3rd for their easy points, hits 1st whenever they won’t be overrun.
3rd sits in the matchup trying to defend whatever they can.
The system was designed to be a merrigoround between the 3 teams so that 1 does not absolutely overrun the other, which can happen in the 1v1 system, which would end up in dead matchups. Obviously the system was not designed properly for that and the weakest team gets their candy stolen constantly.

Not always the case obviously but certainly more often then not. Since there are 2 maps now (not including eternal) it would be nice if matches were 2 weeks. 1 week your alpine next week your desert. Both teams get 1 week on each map so any map differences will be voided.

The only other thing I would suggest but I DON’T KNOW if it would help or hurt so take with a grain of salt is to tune down the dps in wvw. It isn’t much of a war if its over in 30s, just saying. Thank you for reading. I hope I was clear and please comment and let Anet know if you like my suggestions or not.

Original design was set for 2 weeks, maybe somewhere within the first two weeks of the one day matchups they saw that servers could run away with scores due to population and coverage differences, and settled on one week matches instead. Who knows.

There was little chance for comebacks in the old system unless your server put in major overtime. You don’t usually see major comebacks these days either, servers usually settle the score by the end of the weekend, rest of the week is really just time killing. Two weeks would probably be long and tiring, yes servers do tend to face the same opponents for weeks at a time, but at least the scores are reset every week so that even a bad week can be set aside.

The last part deals with class balance which we know has been screwed up since HoT, don’t expect any fixes for that as it affects pve.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

This out-manned situation seems to be a result of this new way of bouncing people up and down the combat ladder. You win you move up, you lose you move down… I’ve been told by people on the servers that have moved way down the ladder that many of them sandbag just to get to the lower tier then sit back and just run slaughter k-trains. Much like SBI is doing right now. Here they are on T4 rated 7th in standings along with NSP rated 8th, and we are rated 12th and fighting them.. go figure that.

Needless to say but of course we are almost always outnumbered. Even now as I look at the borderlands almost everything in site belongs to SBI. Boy this must be fun for them.

The one bright spot for me now is that I am NOT on a linked server anymore but on CD where a lot of great and fun people play. We get frustrated a lot lately though!

… just call me … Tim :)

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Winning fights outnumbered mattered little in regard to score, for a start for most of the game there was no PPK, and beyond that it didn’t alter that “winning” PPT was down to numbers, e.g look at EU and the first server that held rank 1 for a long time (Vizunah) they were not even close to being the strongest fighting server, but they “won” the matchups because they had massive numbers outside primetime and were happy to PvDoor.

Rank never mattered beyond the effect it had on which servers your server would like to play against, “winning” the PPT as a competitive achievement has always been a meaningless joke.

As for the combat, the stab changes were fine, stab was completely broken OP before that in large groups, HoT powercreep killed the combat, along with zero attention given to class balance in WvW over the course of the game.

But I guess it is all academic now, #deadgame.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

The State of WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

This out-manned situation seems to be a result of this new way of bouncing people up and down the combat ladder. You win you move up, you lose you move down… I’ve been told by people on the servers that have moved way down the ladder that many of them sandbag just to get to the lower tier then sit back and just run slaughter k-trains. Much like SBI is doing right now. Here they are on T4 rated 7th in standings along with NSP rated 8th, and we are rated 12th and fighting them.. go figure that.

Needless to say but of course we are almost always outnumbered. Even now as I look at the borderlands almost everything in site belongs to SBI. Boy this must be fun for them.

The one bright spot for me now is that I am NOT on a linked server anymore but on CD where a lot of great and fun people play. We get frustrated a lot lately though!

Sure that happens, mag just recently tanked to get to t2 but were bounced to t3. But servers have no control over the variance given to their glickos on reset to bounce them around the tiers. 10th and 11th rolled higher variances and it bounced them to t2 and 3.

Not exactly hard for SBI to roll down when there’s only 84 glicko ratings separating rank 7 to 12, it looks like 3-4 servers managed to roll into higher glickos than sbi this week. HoD and TC are probably even more worse off this week having to face JQ. You’re on CD, the last place server, expect to get outnumbered and frustrated.

I still think server links should be done by a general level of population and not to the population of servers in tiers around them. Otherwise you have servers rolling into tiers they can’t handle.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Now imagine if your server had no links and was on it’s own still….
If you can’t find players to join on your own server, then maybe it’s time to look at a transfer to the servers are you are seeing groups you wish to join, and not wait for an anet solution to your situation. The only difference is a merge is basically a free permanent transfer to servers you may not even like. If you don’t want to pay for transfers I don’t know what else to tell you on that.

What you are saying that if you play wvw, your game mode has a sub, since you could end up having to pay to move every 2 months. And thats why nothing will change, no one can still give a good reason why I should have to keep paying to transfer just so I can play and have fun but if I pvp or pve I get the same game experience regardless of server.

This time I chose not to pay and not to play. Im still at stalking the forums stage, im sure at some point that will seem fruitless too.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Sure if you want to look at the extremes like that. It’s not a “sub”, who says you have to pay for gems through real money and not gold anyways? Only bored players or bored guilds move than often.

If I was stuck on the lowest server and not finding the fights I want, or people I want to fight with, or in general just not having fun down in that atmosphere then I would certainly move. I’m not going to wait on anet to merge or link me with another server and then find out it’s still not the atmosphere I was looking for, I would research servers to see if they fit my play style, and then make a move. Or don’t play at all, that’s up to you.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TkMan.9638

TkMan.9638

No wonder i can’t get anyone to play wvw with me. I was at a popular server moved to crystal desert and NO ONE wants to wvw.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: blackgamma.1809

blackgamma.1809

kinda reminds me of the Pokemon trading card game. you know on a competitive level why its a bad card game? because a winner is already determined on the first 2 turns, the next 5 turns after that is just a waste of the losing players time.

in certain WvW matchup a winner can be easily be determined within the first three days. theres very little intensive to play the rest of the week if you have no intent of winning.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

ah yes, well the incentive to play based on whether or not we win regardless of server I’ve been on.. doesn’t exist for me. The incentive to play and have fun and some good battles definitely exists though. The problem of course currently is in the way people bounce up and down the ladder. I have no problem being in the bottom server.. lol, I’ve been there pretty much all my wvw life and that’s just fine. My problem comes when we are here and someone who definitely has a huge number more members playing comes up against us. I mean here we were defending our fire keep against one of their huge groups, while another one took our T3 Air and then Earth keeps. We have nowhere near the numbers to deal with this.

Tired, frustrated, blahblahblah.. but will I quit WvW… lol NOT likely! I live for it. I have backed off a bit to get a breather, and will hope that the matchup changes next week.. but I’ll always be there somewhere at the very least wreaking havoc in the enemy bl’s..

The State of WvW

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

No wonder i can’t get anyone to play wvw with me. I was at a popular server moved to crystal desert and NO ONE wants to wvw.

TkMan… what is your times that you’re online??? I’m on off and on during the daytime and a lot of the time after 7pm most week nights (pacific time). If you want to join up for some roaming havoc send me a whisper or better yet join my guild so we can find you easy As I said in my previous post.. I get frustrated, but I keep going back for more!

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jaising.7253

Jaising.7253

I want to thank Anet for giving me a reason to turn off my PC and go outside. My family is maybe not so thankful :p

Just a bit of feedback if you are still reading these. Stop listening to people and get playing and see for yourself, seems most just have a personal agenda and its not a fit all fix.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jaising.7253

Jaising.7253

I’m refusing to spend another cent on this game until they actually replace the Dev making WvW decisions and revamp the broken state of play. Spent quite a bit of money supporting this game since launch but now the game no longer supports anything fun, at least in WvW my only mode of game.

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

WvW died because nerds like you think ranking on the ladder actually means something. The Tier 1 ranking doesn’t differentiate a guild or individual’s skill level. but rather it’s been a coverage game for 4years and continues to be. unless anet cuts down wvw times to like 4hrs on and 2 hrs off to minimize the amount of off hour ktrain available. or they just focus into like 2 major time zones for wvw 6hrs of NA and 6 hours of sea.

Linkings have only confirmed alot of guilds and players in the t1/t2 bracket were just as crap as their own in wood league. Only big whoopee about t1/2 guilds were that there were more of them to nuthug and give each other reach arounds. The only difference of why they were in higher tiers was due to if you had sea/ocx population vs your enemy.

I can only imagine the QQ for unlink is to have more dead hours to ktrain and chest thump not so much competitive play. The only saving grace wvw has for the few guilds that stand alone are api websites that track wvw stats for the time frame that your guild raids and do a self measurement. Other than that, have fun trying to stack more tiers.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

TkMan… what is your times that you’re online??? I’m on off and on during the daytime and a lot of the time after 7pm most week nights (pacific time). If you want to join up for some roaming havoc send me a whisper or better yet join my guild so we can find you easy As I said in my previous post.. I get frustrated, but I keep going back for more!

Same here, on CD myself and always looking for people to join up with my tiny roaming guild. I’ll roam with you guys if you want, I’m a terrible vanilla necro but I can tank like a boss

The State of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bolita.2071

Bolita.2071

TL;DR – link ups are bad (unlink again), PPK is toxic (bring back long term strategy), balance is waaaaay off, and shield gens deny ability to defend against supply-heavy blobs.

Anyway….

So much of all this. I’ve been generally quiet on a lot of this because I wanted to give it a chance, but just came out of a WvW experience that was just the breaking straw. And for the record, I have two accounts in different tiers, and this is by no means unique to just one server.

I’ve been running WvW for over 4 years, and all the while, my main server has been mostly in the upper two tiers despite being a bit unorganized. T1 has become increasingly unbalanced and unenjoyable, though, and we struggled to drop out of the tier. It took some WvW guilds getting fed up with how unpleasant it was and leaving for us to finally slide out to a lower tier.

The last few weeks out of T1 have proved to be no more enjoyable, despite what we hoped. Today, all the reasons that WvW has become more unpleasant were showcased in one afternoon and one final battle before I finally just logged out. About 20 of us tried to defend our whole borderland (which got repeatedly flipped), and while that was happening, our entire third of EBG was taken by a blob armed with several omega golems. We had to give up any defense of our borderland to try to save our EBG keep. The blob (maybe 40-50 strong) built an armload of shield gens to protect their attack siege in the nearby tower that they had blobbed away from us, so any defense we may have had with our own siege was demoralizingly negated. Defense siege was useless. Many of our AC’s were melted by guardians using reflects, wiping our last ditch defense, too. Despite being the lowest score by far, the red server saw fit to wipe only our third of the map and only our borderland. The other server was virtually untouched. And since our match-up servers don’t like us, and the verbally abusive map chat flowed (lots of blocking, which will cripple our communication later). As we tried to contest the only keep we had left on all the maps, we were being farmed for bags, the PPK ticking the score even higher than the already 3,000 point score difference. The scoring changes only changed the appearance of the scores, but was nothing more than just changing the scale.

Speaking of PPK, that was always going to be and always will be a toxic addition to WvW. This is not about long term strategy anymore. I used to enjoy the week long defense, but now, it’s just a game of incentivized ganking. Strategy has been replaced by point farming by zergs. There is no reason to try to even defend an objective; contesting an objective is now harmful, not helpful.

And then came server link-ups. I was willing to give it a shot. It was okay for a little bit, but since then things have become less unenjoyable, sometimes downright toxic. No server pride, no incentive to fight together with servers who don’t like each other, verbal abuse in map chat, etc. These things have made it unpleasant sometimes. Not only that, sever stacking has made it even worse than it was when it was single server. Random match-ups seems to have created more uneven coverage than there was before, and this is again from both my accounts in two different tiers.

At least we are not on the desert borderland for the moment. It’s the hardest to defend, and to force the server that is already the weakest to have the toughest borderland defense is unfair. I think the desert borderland should be given to the server at the top of the tier since they most likely to have the players to defend it.

/rant