The Untapped Marketing Potential of eSports

in WvW

Posted by: Vonmanstein.3645

Vonmanstein.3645

Dear Anet,

Please bring back the Alpine Borderlands maps. You promised they would be rotated in on occasion, and we miss them.

I know you love ignoring WvW, but they were much more conducive to large-scale fights than the Desert Borderlands.

More fights = moar esportz

Kthxbai

in WvW

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Cept Esports is focused on sPvP

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

in WvW

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

Cept Esports is focused on sPvP

edit/ not to say I disagree with you, i welcome the alpine borderlands back after the desert borderland fiasco.

(edited by TheBravery.9615)

in WvW

Posted by: Ergonomic.1238

Ergonomic.1238

If they actually gave 2 craps about wvw they could turn it into a esport, competetive gvg’s anyone? but no, they rather have people buy gems to get skins. Guild wars, but cant really fight other guilds like you could in GW1. Well done…….

People need to remember that GW2 is a business, not a game. Their in it for the cash, and they see more money in other areas of the game. Hence WvW is doomed to fail. Awaiting Camelot Unchained, Crowfall, etc for real realm vs realm experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

esports is limited to basketball numbers 5v5?

gvg could be esports
wvw could be esports
heck, you could make a reality tv show about people’s ocd disorders over ppt or 2week long preparation strategies in some tiers about which guild does what.

wvw will always be better than spvp entertainment wise
besides how many people see announcements about the next league tournament on the gw2 official announcements page, roll their eyes, and say who the kitten cares?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There was a possibility of developing it into an e-sport — 3 years ago. Way too late now.

in WvW

Posted by: Fudge.9527

Fudge.9527

There was a possibility of developing it into an e-sport — 3 years ago. Way too late now.

Seriously. Shiny new game, HUGE playerbase full of competitive PvP players that crave large-scale fights, great graphics, extremely fluid combat system, player-friendly payment system (no Pay-to-win), basically the go-to RvR game with little to no competition.

Nah, screw that. Let’s just straight-up reject any sort of GvG system and instead string those players along for 3 years. We’ll focus on the extremely crowded / saturated 5v5 community instead; surely that will work out.

I wouldn’t even care that much if this game-mode didn’t have such potential.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

Truth is the PvP community hasn’t got anything more than WvW.

There has been some re-balancing, some bug fixes and a single new map.

Then some of the re-balancing should also have applied to WvW, I was speed stomped yesterday, something that supposedly has been stopped in PvP but is still present in WvW.

Not that I had much chance with a warrior, thief and Mesmer against my ranger.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

The development money went to living story, not PvP. Watch season 3 beat the “top priority” WvW update out the door.
Weird, for a game called guild wars huh?

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

I think I figured out what would greatly improve wvw, and hot for that matter.

Anet has to fire their beta testers, all of them…they are obviously misrepresenting what the majority of players want in game. We really should try this and let anet go back to making cool games they enjoy in office without em, that’s how gw1 came out so cool!!

I’m starting to really think their current beta selection is greatly misleading them, look at borderlands, you would think they would have stopped it, but they are the only ones that come here to defend them. Meanwhile poor anet is bleeding customers based on this bad feedback.

“get rid of them, they are costing you money, It’s disgusting” – donald trump’ish

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)