The World's Greatest WvW'er...

in WvW

Posted by: Rush.8253

Rush.8253

Congrats to Devon Carver….killed a whole server all by himself.

R.I.P. Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

???

devon carver has nothing to do with kaineng, he was a qa analyst when habib (or someone else we dont know) was calling the shots on overarching system design decisions such as free/paid transfers and how they were implemented and integrated w/ wvw…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Rush.8253

Who is responsible for “leagues” and it’s implantation? Random match-ups (or at least the amount of the variable) are bad enough. But getting stomped for 7 straight weeks, where is the fun in that?

in WvW

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

This isn’t a thread about Ajax Blue? You must be a mouth breather.

in WvW

Posted by: DoctorFaust.7103

DoctorFaust.7103

I, for one, prefer volatile match-ups to stale ones.

Yes, that means that you will sometimes suffer a crushing defeat. Sometimes you’ll suffer crushing defeats many weeks in a row. But with stale match-ups (i.e. “the old way”), servers settled into fixed tiers and there was a top dog and the loser. In those match-ups, being in the permanent loser spot with the same opponents was way worse than randomly getting a streak of losses due to bad luck.

And if losing really makes the game not fun for you, then you’re just a bad sport. Good players know how to turn losses into learning experiences and become better players for it. After all, in a zero-sum game like this, someone is going to lose. Sometimes that will be you. When it’s your turn in the barrel, you sac up and see what you can learn from the situation.

I have studied philosophy, jurisprudence, and medicine too;
And worst of all, theology, with keen endeavor through and through;
Yet still I am, for all my lore, the wretched fool I was before…

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

you blame devon for kainengs down fall? excuse me? do you vote? do you even know the history of that? this is…oh my kitten

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Who is responsible for “leagues” and it’s implantation? Random match-ups (or at least the amount of the variable) are bad enough. But getting stomped for 7 straight weeks, where is the fun in that?

please know you are talking to a person who dealt with the imbalance and aftermath of kaineng getting bandwagoned and leaving t8 from a perspective of getting stomped for 3 months during and after.

kain will be fine in bronze league… barring someone fudging the random matchups to artificially hold ratings where they are and servers trying to game the system to hold current positions.

what you can really blame devon for is refusing to acknowledge that a problem with stacking servers exists. and he finally has, after about 6 months (according to that mmorpg interview). but his team has no clue how they can handle the issue within the confines of current game infrastructure.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

R.I.P. Kaineng

The level of personal hate spewed on this forum towards specific Anet staff members is rather sickening. It is fine to be passionate about the current and proposed implementations of the game, but this is a childish way to discuss it.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Devon didn’t kill kaineng. Kaineng is dying from a videogame equivalent of white flight.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Rush.8253

SpehssMehreen.5897

I know Kaineng, as it is my current server. And yes I was bandwagoner that moved there when free transfers ended. This is not about the fall of the bandwagon server, that happened back in April/May. Kaineng was finally settling into it proper rank. We, as all server now, would get good weeks and bad weeks. But when they change to 3 leagues, guilds started leaving for other servers. (These are original Kaineng guilds) Upon seeing that there is no chance of getting out of Silver league basically all rest WvW guilds have left. A total of about 11-13 guilds have left.

It is not simply having a bad week. It is having a bad 2 months.

insanemaniac.2456

Kaineng will not be in Bronze league…it will be Silver league.

in WvW

Posted by: Spazzoni.1703

Spazzoni.1703

Wut? I don’t think Devon set foot inside of a WvW match.

I’m the greatest WvW player….

Suicide Necro

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i dont get it

/15

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Buddy.7563

Buddy.7563

This isn’t a thread about ARM? You must be a mouth breather.

fixed that for you

Tom Badgerstache (Necro)
Gate of Madness [ART]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

R.I.P. Kaineng

The level of personal hate spewed on this forum towards specific Anet staff members is rather sickening. It is fine to be passionate about the current and proposed implementations of the game, but this is a childish way to discuss it.

The personal hate spewed i this forum comes directly from the disdain some Anet staff members have for players. When Devon Carver first came on the scene, players welcomed him with open arms — but what the WvW devs (represented by him) have done to WvW have turned everything sour.

Whether Devon Carver himself is at fault for all these changes is, at this point, irrelevant. His customers no longer have any faith in him. I think he would do a GREAT job implementing an “Ability” system similar to the WvW ability system — but in PvE, for fighting dragons (Turret Mastery, Charrzooka mastery, etc).

As for the OP: NSP just might make it to silver. If they don’t, RIP Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

fixed that for you

um no
Search Greatest player in the game on youtube and you get this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWcAek5_JE

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

To make people stay in a server, other than buying them off, one must ensure the community is stable. The needs of the players are met. And playing there is fun. I believe only through these three you can ensure a stable server player base, especially for WVW.

I doubt it was Devon who destroyed your community.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

To make people stay in a server, other than buying them off, one must ensure the community is stable. The needs of the players are met. And playing there is fun. I believe only through these three you can ensure a stable server player base, especially for WVW.

No matter what you do, if you get stomped every single week for 7 weeks, you will lose a large number of players — WvW players to other servers, PvE players to PvE — because the “playing there is fun” part will fail for these players.

Devon (who represents the devs) will have destroyed the community because it is his (their) idea to implement these Leagues even though every single player knows the outcome is determined before the matches even begin.

in WvW

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

Devon Carver didn’t kill Kaineng.
Tarnished Coast killed Kaineng.

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

in WvW

Posted by: DylanLucas.6058

DylanLucas.6058

They are killing WvW now at this time, with these current matchups……

Creator of Pandion Knights [PK] GW2 – SFR (retired)
http://e-reviews.eu

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

it’s normally not a good idea to make things personal.

objective argument is much more useful

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

No matter what you do, if you get stomped every single week for 7 weeks, you will lose a large number of players — WvW players to other servers, PvE players to PvE — because the “playing there is fun” part will fail for these players.

Devon (who represents the devs) will have destroyed the community because it is his (their) idea to implement these Leagues even though every single player knows the outcome is determined before the matches even begin.

I appreciate your rage since I too am a wvw player and I would have hoped my server had loyalistas rather than players who will jump ship when the going gets hard. But in the end of the day, do not take it personal. Else, you will not enjoy the game.

But if you still want to be competitive, got to recruit and train, and take care of your community. And if you have suggestions, make your voice be heard and those who support your idea, type out; so they will be heard too. Because these developers don’t know anything that goes on deeper within the community and they have no clue how to develop long term client base. You should continue to give feedback; so they may be better able to help you.

And if you find the game to be a bore, where it no longer caters your hobbies, simply rethink your reason for playing the game.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

Come join AR and DR on the bottom we saved a seat down here for you.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Come join AR and DR on the bottom we saved a seat down here for you.

Not if we get there first.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

i dont get it

/15

Devon came up with the league idea, basically guilds in servers that are low tier have begun moving to servers with “more potential” it happened to SBI about 2 months ago, we got a huge amount of people from other servers. Thankfully they like us enough that they are going to stay, but other servers aren’t that luck

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

This is ridiculous.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

fixed that for you

um no
Search Greatest player in the game on youtube and you get this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWcAek5_JE

Hahahaha – what a laugh

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I feel, for the most part, WvW is most entertaining when it has a high population running on the maps. Zerg clashing is a lot of fun, it’s why it’s popular. Thus, transferring and stacking will never cease. They’ll always be a flow upwards toward Tier one to replenish vacant spots in the map populations. It’s simply a matter of turnover. People come and go in the game. I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up consolidated some of the worlds eventually.

There should have been another level up in hierarchy from Worlds, where large scale battles existed.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.