The advantages of playing on a smaller losing server.

in WvW

Posted by: Sloane Hardtower.7825

Sloane Hardtower.7825

Many people really get upset about being on a losing server and frankly give up or transfer for the week.(there are numerous people who simply transfer to winning servers for ease of farm.) Yet there is many great advantages to being on the losing side….orb buff not withstanding.

1. Enemy Reacts to you. That’s right you get to make them find you.
2. Your Group gets in any server bg they want. So your guild has 10 strong players…..you pop around the four borderlands all night avoiding zergs taking points and killing all the fair weather players looking for the zerg.
3. TONS of badges. When a side is winning big they get kitteny roll around in small groups. You simply move around the map faster then a large zerg and you clean these players up and collect your badges.
4. Satisfaction of knowing your group is winning on skill, not on larger force. Trust me youll get crushed sometimes. But you will learn new tactics to make you better. Downed state makes it tough to build a Daoc like zerg busting PBAE group…..but with ten people specced right it can be done. We wiped out 30 on a door last night with ten…..

So dont give up, look at the great opportunity you get!
Sloane Hardtower
RotV Ravens of the Veil (ET….whats left of it anyway )

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

Have to agree with you, i’m always a little disappointed if my server starts winning…
I know that im going to have to queue for WvW the rest of the week (seems lots of players only like to WvW when we’re winning – thus creating queues)

The outmanned buff is rather nice and does make you feel so much better than being a tiny cog in a huge stupid zerg.

But what i love the most is the camaraderie being in that situation creates

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I would have to agree that not having to wait to do wvw is a plus. Also running over a larger less organized force does get the blood flowing.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

Long ago, there was a thread talking about fair-weather players and how easily some people quit or worse, transfer when the going gets tough. One of the most memorable quotes I have ever read was what someone said

When the flames of war burns the garbage away, only steel remains

I cannot say it better myself.. Losing and Struggle are when you find out who you really are and which guilds are worth fighting for. It is what brings people together most. Not landslide victories.. but rather the struggle we all endure.

when the flames of war burns the garbage away, only steel remains

remember that, always

in WvW

Posted by: Sloane Hardtower.7825

Sloane Hardtower.7825

Hope many talneted smaller gank guilds looking for instant qes come give some of the losing servers a shot. Et really could use more WvWers.