The best WvW guilds in EU

in WvW

Posted by: JLoco.6218

JLoco.6218

Who are the best WvW/GvG guilds in EU?

And which of those are speaking English, and which servers are they on?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

in WvW

Posted by: JLoco.6218

JLoco.6218

no good guilds in eu i guess

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

There was plenty but I guess they all left, Or the majority of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

There is a lot of good wvw guilds in EU. But none of them claim they are the best.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.9641

Shadow.9641

Only speaking of guilds I know and just a listing (no ranking!) … there´ll be a hell lot of more or less good guilds which Imaybe forgott

Endure Pain [PAIN] – Kodash – international (English/German)
Dawn [DAWN] – Gandara – international (English)
The Unlikely Plan [TUP] – Gandara – international (English)
Semper Dius [DIUS] – Piken Square – international (English)
Forgotten Light [FL] – Piken Square – international (English)
Still feeling lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold– international (English)
Callous Philisophie [LaG] – Gunnars Hold– international (English)
Driven by Fury [dF] – Far Shiverpwaks – international (English)
Velocity [VcY] – Far Shiverpeaks – international (English)
Visceral Effect [vE]– Aurora Glade – international (English)

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Only speaking of guilds I know and just a listing (no ranking!) … there´ll be a hell lot of more or less good guilds which Imaybe forgott

Team Rucksack [RS]– Seafarer’s Rest – international (English)
insidious blink [iNK]– Gunnars Hold (Desolation soon) – international (French/german)
not 100% sure on languages for iNk
Golden Horde [GH]– Desolation – international (Russian)

Those are a few I could think of that I could add to the list, you named most of the ones I can remember though.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

(edited by warriorjrd.8695)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

There was plenty but I guess they all left, Or the majority of them.

I miss RG

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Team Rucksack [RS]– Seafarer’s Rest – international (English)
insidious blink [iNK]– Gunnars Hold (Desolation soon) – international (French/german)
Golden Horde [GH]– Desolation – international (Russian)

Those are a few I could think of that I could add to the list, you named most of the ones I can remember though.

GH is mostly international now.

Others:
Seven Instincts [siN] – Baruch Bay – Spanish
Sow [SoW] – Augury Rock – French
Les Depraves [PRV] – Vizunah Square – French
I Square One I [One] – Far Shiverpeaks (for now) – International/Polish

(edited by Deli.1302)

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

who realy actual can say what guild is the best
anet have leaderboards pvp/pve but no for GvG
were is the GvG matchs ups so guilds fight toogether and gather points (even from same server)

even if guilds go on spvp arena is only 10v10 ( if i remember cose spvp dont say anything to me and i dont bother with that)

so if 1 guild have 20-30 ppl the more than half will not be able to take part on GvG and in the end the guildthey dont take points to see after few months what guild is the best

why not 24/7 tournaments on GvG? from what ikn those players dont realy ask any reword from GvGs..so dont woory anet no need to give free legendarys etc..just give them fights

but then again if you do that then how players can thatsfer to other servers so they fight guilds…in the end of the day is only gems…and that is what anet needs..GEMS

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

I find it interesting that the OP asks who are the best WvW guilds in EU and everyone answers with who they think are the best GvG guilds.

So, in answer to the OP’s specific WvW query, I’d like to put forward:
Badger Spirits [BS] – NA/International on Desolation .. these guys take tactical WvW to the next level.

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.9641

Shadow.9641

I find it interesting that the OP asks who are the best WvW guilds in EU and everyone answers with who they think are the best GvG guilds.

As hard as I try, I can´t get where you see anything according to GvG?!?!!

More or less all of the named guilds are active in openfield and in GvG, so the answering posts are right

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in WvW

Posted by: BeLkin.4817

BeLkin.4817

The GvG leaderboard is now Live :P Hope it will be a worthy tool for such questions.

in WvW

chrisgr.3849

so in other word players need to create something that anet must havecreate sinse day one….gj

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Surprised [LaG] haven’t been mentioned considering they have beaten nearly every guild EU in GvG.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: Frax.4562

Frax.4562

They were in the 1st post where someone mentioned guilds..

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

All the good EU guilds are not as good as the NA guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

They were in the 1st post where someone mentioned guilds..

Oh yea my bad.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: Duck.9621

Duck.9621

Our roster consists mostly of english/french/german. So we speak english most of the time.

Amazing Timtam
Insidious Blink [iNk] R.I.P.
Visceral Effect [vE]

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

Badger Spirits [BS] – NA/International on Desolation .. these guys take tactical WvW to the next level.

Right, I forget about PPT heroes. I guess we have to make another list at who’s the best at nightcapping, golem rushing, arrowcart building, and all around siege wars, to determine who is the best “WvW” guild. Unless I’m very much mistaken PPT is a pointless mechanic in which very few people still play purely for that reason, which is, I assume, why people mention the best fighting guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Right, I forget about PPT heroes. I guess we have to make another list at who’s the best at nightcapping, golem rushing, arrowcart building, and all around siege wars, to determine who is the best “WvW” guild. Unless I’m very much mistaken PPT is a pointless mechanic in which very few people still play purely for that reason, which is, I assume, why people mention the best fighting guilds.

in WvW , there are only PPT heroes and nothing else .

official leaderboards link has server WvW points and only the gvg scene is in a unofficial state , now . if they add gvg game mode in WvW with points from fights then the best in fights will have a meaning for other people in the game and for their server. until then , there are only PPT heroes

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

official leaderboards link has server WvW points and only the gvg scene is in a unofficial state , now . if they add gvg game mode in WvW with points from fights then the best in fights will have a meaning for other people in the game and for their server. until then , there are only PPT heroes

I love it when people try and ignore GvG like it’s not there simply because it’s “unofficial”. Can’t come up with a solid argument against GvG, just say it’s unofficial and it’s done! GvG may be dying now, but PPT died long ago. Those who still play for PPT are either on T1 servers or are too new to wvw to know it’s the most flawed mechanic in the game. The vast majority will never accept PPT as a viable game mode until population imbalances are addressed, which likely won’t ever happen,

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Golden Horde [GH] is one of the bests now. Quality not quantity

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Reborn.2934

I love it when people try and ignore GvG like it’s not there simply because it’s “unofficial”. Can’t come up with a solid argument against GvG, just say it’s unofficial and it’s done! GvG may be dying now, but PPT died long ago. Those who still play for PPT are either on T1 servers or are too new to wvw to know it’s the most flawed mechanic in the game. The vast majority will never accept PPT as a viable game mode until population imbalances are addressed, which likely won’t ever happen,

official there are only these leaderboards : https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/wvw

i don’t see any guild there ….. only PPT heroes ….

whatever is happening in gvg scene , there is nothing officially written anywhere . we have 3 leaderboards . one for players achives , spvp rank and server ranks where only 24/7 coverage and points matters .

and also the vast majority as it is now the gvg scene don’t know anything about the gvg guilds …. these are the facts

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

official there are only these leaderboards : https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/wvw

whatever is happening in gvg scene , there is nothing officially written anywhere . we have 3 leaderboards . one for players achives , spvp rank and server ranks where only 24/7 coverage and points matters .

and also the vast majority as it is now the gvg scene don’t know anything about the gvg guilds …. these are the facts

So i assume what you’re trying to say, is because GvG is unofficial it doesn’t exist right? The majority of wvw focused guilds on EU don’t exist? Here have some more “Facts”. A GvG between two top guilds, one from NA and one from EU, got just as much views as Anet’s website advertised PvE dungeon run tournament. An unsupported, unadvertised GvG between two guilds got as many if not more views than a PvE tournament, PvE being the most popular game mode of the three. I don’t care how many leaderboards you show me, or point out how unofficial it is, saying GvG doesn’t exist because it’s unsupported by Anet is an incredibly foolish thing to say, you couldn’t be more wrong if you tried really.

Also this “unofficial” and “unsupported” game mode ended up getting it’s own proper area to GvG in after Anet simply couldn’t turn a blind eye anymore. Also mentioning the PvE dungeon tournament, there is also no leaderboard for the fastest dungeon runs, but nobody says that doesn’t exist as a result. So please, take your leaderboards else where, as they are pointless and really don’t support your already very weak argument.

in WvW

Reborn.2934

@warriorjrd.8695 these facts are your facts , and mate …. are not my facts and the official facts are that the top guild is not an existent factor ….

when we have official leaderboard rank we can speak who is the best and in what is the best guild , until then ,there is only best server in score and only ….

p.s. top without a measure is not top for all but only for them that “believe” are the top….. all others have different opinion or does not care ….

in WvW

Posted by: Deratrius.4035

Deratrius.4035

Can’t really argue that the best WvW guilds are guilds that GvG. Hardcore practice means player polishing their skills, knowing their builds inside out, etc. What you could argue is that some roaming guilds can beat GvG guilds with equal numbers or that some less hardcore WvW guilds sometimes have top sPvP players that could beat players from top GvG guilds, etc. In general though serious GvG guilds means very good WvW players.

The only thing I disagree with are the PPT comments. Yes it’s a dumb mechanic and doesn’t show skill at all but it keeps a server in the mix. Almost every GvG guilds will jump ship if their server’s rank falls so that they can stay at a competitive level. Not saying it’s a bad thing but some players care about their community and take pride & pleasure in helping their server’s ranking. I consider myself in between.

WvW is the most entertaining thing about GW2, it’s a bit sad we don’t have an official GvG format considering the big demand and success of streams showing GvG or top WvW raids. Hopefully the unofficial GvG website takes off and keeps that community alive, maybe it will get ANet to do something special for GvG in the future (“link”: http://www.gw2leaderboards.com/ )

Mystic Discipline [MD] – Aurora Glade (EU)

in WvW

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

And I think you forget that GvG is NOT WvWvW! It’s a mode of gaming that was formulated by players in WvW because they wanted more freedom in deciding the classes and builds than they were allows in sPvP.

Any guilds who specifically wanted to have a Guild vs Guild match can easily get a custom arena set up and challenge any guild no matter what server they are on. They don’t because they all feel constrained by the rules of the PvP mode. Hence, GvG in WvW.

Again .. the OP specifically said WvW guilds. WvW is about PPT. If the OP meant GvG, then perhaps he should edit the title to specifically say GvG.

Blood

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Cant really comment about gvg guilds, I don’t really enjoy playing in such large groups and most of them are unimpressive when fighting in smaller groups.

as for good small scale guilds:
rookie crew from kodash
virtual masters from riverside
inglorious pasta and crow from gandara
evo and escg from augury

I might be forgetting some, but it’s not like there’s alot of them around. crow is the only english speaking one out of those I think.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

And I think you forget that GvG is NOT WvWvW! It’s a mode of gaming that was formulated by players in WvW because they wanted more freedom in deciding the classes and builds than they were allows in sPvP.

Any guilds who specifically wanted to have a Guild vs Guild match can easily get a custom arena set up and challenge any guild no matter what server they are on. They don’t because they all feel constrained by the rules of the PvP mode. Hence, GvG in WvW.

Again .. the OP specifically said WvW guilds. WvW is about PPT. If the OP meant GvG, then perhaps he should edit the title to specifically say GvG.

Go and read the OP again. I know reading is difficult, but you gotta make the effort.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Rallybot Guild [RG] – Desolation — definately deserves a mention!

in WvW

chrisgr.3849

So i assume what you’re trying to say, is because GvG is unofficial it doesn’t exist right? The majority of wvw focused guilds on EU don’t exist? Here have some more “Facts”. A GvG between two top guilds, one from NA and one from EU, got just as much views as Anet’s website advertised PvE dungeon run tournament. An unsupported, unadvertised GvG between two guilds got as many if not more views than a PvE tournament, PvE being the most popular game mode of the three. I don’t care how many leaderboards you show me, or point out how unofficial it is, saying GvG doesn’t exist because it’s unsupported by Anet is an incredibly foolish thing to say, you couldn’t be more wrong if you tried really.

Also this “unofficial” and “unsupported” game mode ended up getting it’s own proper area to GvG in after Anet simply couldn’t turn a blind eye anymore. Also mentioning the PvE dungeon tournament, there is also no leaderboard for the fastest dungeon runs, but nobody says that doesn’t exist as a result. So please, take your leaderboards else where, as they are pointless and really don’t support your already very weak argument.

more or less we know the good gvg guilds
but thing this for a bit..
lets say you dont ever see or play the game and you hea the title..Guild Wars 2
what is the first that comes in your mind?Guild v Guild ofc..so you log in to the forum and you r looking to see the top guilds ther scores etc,,,and opps..you dont find anything

so you need to watch tons of videos on youtube read lot of outiside game forums so you have some idea of what guild is the best…
but then again even with that way you r not 100$% of the top 3 guilds cose you dont have a point system inside the game
you dont have gvg tournaments
you dont have any kind of official gvg

the only you got is players that try to fix that with diferend sites that have the gvg scores

but then again how you deside what guild is the best betwin us and eu?
how you deside what guild is the best even on the same server?

also dont try to compere the fastest run in dungeons and the gvg…dungeons is just 5 ppl that take advanse of the instanse we all have see the fast runs on diferent instanses

gvg is 20+ players that trying to find the party / build / plan so the win..and also need alot of practise so those players learn to play toogether

just acept the fact that anet dont suport the name of her title…why?idk just ask them

(p.s gvg is part of the wvwvw…lots of time big guilds just clash on ther raids..those guilds have make and find all the builds that ppl use on the game..you like or not the wvwvw test builds and game…)

(edited by chrisgr.3849)

in WvW

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

……. then perhaps he should edit the title to specifically say GvG.

Go and read the OP again. I know reading is difficult, but you gotta make the effort.

Right back at ya..

Blood

in WvW

Ragnar.4257

……. then perhaps he should edit the title to specifically say GvG.

Right back at ya..

That is absurdly pedantic.

Are you saying that what the OP wrote in his post is completely irrelevant, and the only thing that matters is the title?

OP clearly asked about WvW/GvG guilds. Then you go off on one about how he wasn’t asking about GvG. Even though he did ask about it.

You can be pedantic if you want, but your point about OP not asking about GvG, when he did infact ask about GvG, is just stupid.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It’s more individual commanders and players that contribute to PPT, but the objective game? It does take time and effort to upgrade a keep (or even a tower), scout and siege it up to at least T2 or even reset one, especially if you set that goal for your raid.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

I’d like to point out that being good at GvG does not necessarily translate to being good at WvW. Some of the elements you need to take into account in WvW but have nothing whatsoever to do with GvG include, but are not limited to:

- how to best exploit numerical superiority
- how to best cope with numerical inferiority
- how to best employ your forces of varying quality
- how to best exploit terrain
- how to take an enemy by surprise / how to react to being surprised
- how to attack a position
- how to defend a position
- how to gather intelligence
- best use of siege weapons
- management of force distribution on the map
- supply management
- choice of attack direction for better map control

Or at least, these would all be a factor… if WvW didn’t mostly devolve in “whoever brings the biggest zerg wins”.

Personally I prefer WvW to GvG due to its much larger potential for tactical and strategical variations. It’s quite unlucky we almost never get to see that potential realized.

in WvW

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Ok – so far I’ve been called stupid and pedantic.. normally at this point I give up the argument but, in this instance, I’ll give it one more try.

My original post (which you quote) is as follows:

What in that sentence indicates that I am saying that the OP didn’t want an answer that included GvG? The point I was trying to make was that no-one, at the time I posted, had mentioned guilds that were not interested in GvG as a game mode. I paid tribute to a guild on my server that was a dedicated WvW guild as opposed to a hardcore GvG guild.

What followed on from that was a post by warriorjrd ranting on about PPT. I posted a response to that which you then picked on by demeaning my reading skills.

And in answer to the specific question you asked:

Are you saying that what the OP wrote in his post is completely irrelevant, and the only thing that matters is the title?

No! I was saying that my post stating that PPT orientated WvW guilds is relevant. And that if the OP Had intended that people only answer with GvG guilds, then that should be reflected in the title.

@Ragnar.. I’ve kept my response as civil as I possibly can. I’d appreciated if you would respond in an equally civil manner.

Blood

in WvW

Ragnar.4257

-snip-

That’s a fair point, and makes sense when you phrase it that way. The way you phrased it the first time was not obvious at all that you meant that. It looked very much like you were saying that people were responding with GvG guilds when OP had asked for WvW guilds, that they were mis-understanding OPs request, and that the two aren’t the same.

Which is another point I’d debate. In my mind there is no difference between GvG guilds and WvW guilds. I can’t think of one single guild who GvGs and who doesn’t WvW regularly. And I can’t think of a single guild who I’ve been impressed by who doesn’t GvG at least occasionally.

It shouldn’t be a surprise, though, when someone asks about top WvW guilds and the response is almost entirely GvG guilds. Anybody can golem-rush an empty map at 3am and earn big PPT. Anybody can sit on an arrow-cart for 4 hours. Anybody can recruit 500 players and blob roaming guilds. What most people are impressed and interested by is being able to take on equal or greater numbers and consistently win. I can’t think of any guilds who are genuinely a threat who don’t participate in GvG.

I would debate if further, but it’s kinda de-railing the topic. I appreciate your civility; I try and maintain it myself, but these forums can really make it difficult sometimes >.<

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

Posted by: TheflamingWolf.5861

TheflamingWolf.5861

I’d like to point out that being good at GvG does not necessarily translate to being good at WvW. Some of the elements you need to take into account in WvW but have nothing whatsoever to do with GvG include, but are not limited to:

- how to best exploit numerical superiority
- how to best cope with numerical inferiority
- how to best employ your forces of varying quality
- how to best exploit terrain
- how to take an enemy by surprise / how to react to being surprised
- how to attack a position
- how to defend a position
- how to gather intelligence
- best use of siege weapons
- management of force distribution on the map
- supply management
- choice of attack direction for better map control

Or at least, these would all be a factor… if WvW didn’t mostly devolve in “whoever brings the biggest zerg wins”.

Personally I prefer WvW to GvG due to its much larger potential for tactical and strategical variations. It’s quite unlucky we almost never get to see that potential realized.

I guess most of the GvG guilds also do Raids in WvW so they probably mastered the above listed things because its simply not easy to have a GvG everyday and you somehow have to entertain your members

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

It shouldn’t be a surprise, though, when someone asks about top WvW guilds and the response is almost entirely GvG guilds. Anybody can golem-rush an empty map at 3am and earn big PPT. Anybody can sit on an arrow-cart for 4 hours. Anybody can recruit 500 players and blob roaming guilds. What most people are impressed and interested by is being able to take on equal or greater numbers and consistently win. I can’t think of any guilds who are genuinely a threat who don’t participate in GvG.

Considering there are like a billion WvW guilds and only a handful recognizable GvG guilds, of course people are going to name the later.

Personally I think that the best WvW/GvG/whatever guilds have already stopped playing. But I’m feeling a little nostalgic today. I miss the the good old days when Piken pugs could beat the snot out of Red Guard :p

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

@warriorjrd.8695 these facts are your facts , and mate …. are not my facts and the official facts are that the top guild is not an existent factor ….

when we have official leaderboard rank we can speak who is the best and in what is the best guild , until then ,there is only best server in score and only ….

p.s. top without a measure is not top for all but only for them that “believe” are the top….. all others have different opinion or does not care ….

That is one of the single most stubborn things I have ever had the misfortune to read, I am now slightly dumber for having read that. I can’t begin to address the flawed logic here but I think if I do I will simply start to cry in pity.

(edited by warriorjrd.8695)

in WvW

Posted by: unrealmvm.9850

unrealmvm.9850

KISS is the best WvW guild eu. Kappa

Attachments:

Vayné [dF]

(edited by unrealmvm.9850)