The best burst build

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Im curious what you guys think is the best burst build for a solo roamer. I know almost everyone will say thief without considering the other professions. But i think eles, engis, wares, and thieves can all make a good burst build. Anyway, thoughts?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Thief, I didn’t even consider any of the other professions.

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: CharlieBear.2741

CharlieBear.2741

My full berserker static discharge build on engi is an amazing burst, thieves definitely, warrior, mesmer.

[TA] necro

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

You wanna go for full yolo burst you’re looking at backstab with might on signet use. 4 sigs + basi venom and watch almost everyone get 1-shot. You’ll die even faster, but it’s absolutely hilarious.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Warrior has the simplest burst damage out of all of them, and you’ll be fine 1v1.

Thieves have it easiest, and you’ll fair better in outnumbered situations, but it requires more work than Warrior, which can basically be played on autopilot.

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Oddly the Ranger has a fantastic burst but doing so makes it brittle in WvW. It can shock some people though.

Thief IMO is the best overall because its burst is more frequent than the warrior. It is also a vastly superior roaming class because of stealth. The warrior is still formidable and worthy in this scenario as well as being significantly superior in other styles of WvW play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

ive played since launch and ive seen some nasty 12k backstabs on people with full toughness gear, but lately ive been playing with a great guy on our server. Hes an eng that traits all damage and crit and grenades and a whole bunch of other stuff I don’t understand. Never the less when I go out with him before i can touch the target he will either one or two shot the target. All im there for is a stealth stomp. Its actually so ridiculous I just sit in laugh. The massive damage is more consistent than it is with thief. To be honest for a thief to one shot me he would have to c/d me for 5k and bs for 15k, which i believe is just over his limit on the bs portion. I can usually dodge the BS if im paying attention to the c/d. but never the less i would have a chance. This guys eng wasn’t giving anyone a chance!

Shout out to Zaragoz

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Thief, simply because glass thieves can still have very good survivability.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Depends on what you mean by best burst.

Raw Damage – warrior

Best Burst considering all other factors – thief

Also depends on what class/build you are ganking. Don’t expect to burst down a full PTV guardian or warrior.

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I’ve been running a full burst engineer with nades and elixir s, stealth with toss elixir s → netshot→ grenade barrage on there face→ elixir s for the easy stomp→ smoke bomb and jumpshot away to avoid there team mates→ spam nades on said team mates as they try to res→ spam laugh emote when they are all downed because no one suspects the stealth engineer

well they second part of that combo is a lil harder but with the pvers around it happens more then you would think

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

I’d say this thing is still viable: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQRAoY4YlUmaOXcS4E/JFx2je6Ti6VAsaKoZL7KcVA-jkyAY/BRjtQIIIkoATFiYyrIasF3ioxqrxUuER127ioVLFQELjA-w

Basilisk→Dodge Twice→Activate all Signets→Dodge twice→Precast Cloack & Dagger→Steal (Mug)→Backstab→Heartseeker x4.
Anything that is not a tank and that didn’t see you will get killed in a second.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

A full zerk S/D ele can lay down 20k-30k in a couple of seconds. But if the enemy isn’t downed after the air/fire rotation the ele is toast.

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Sniper Warrior soooo fun. Drop banner activate signets have thief friend keep you cloaked and crit for 19k. Do around frequented choke point where you have upper ground for maximum lolz.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I’d say this thing is still viable: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQRAoY4YlUmaOXcS4E/JFx2je6Ti6VAsaKoZL7KcVA-jkyAY/BRjtQIIIkoATFiYyrIasF3ioxqrxUuER127ioVLFQELjA-w

Basilisk->Dodge Twice->Activate all Signets->Dodge twice->Precast Cloack & Dagger->Steal (Mug)->Backstab->Heartseeker x4.
Anything that is not a tank and that didn’t see you will get killed in a second.

Way too gimicky to be reliable. If they block, dodge, stun or any number of other moves the thief is going to be out of chain and left vulnerable.

Plus taking mug makes escaping from a fight all the more difficult since stealing away puts the thief in combat and breaks stealth for nominal damage and minor heal.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

Sniper Warrior soooo fun. Drop banner activate signets have thief friend keep you cloaked and crit for 19k. Do around frequented choke point where you have upper ground for maximum lolz.

Another great reason warriors aren’t OP, thanks for the tips…….

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I would say close to this, but if you are just setting up for pure burst, I would say pick up Assassins Signet and the Prcision one. Take the 20% more damage while target is under 50% to really push damage after the backstab or to set up for a really nasty Backstab. Ether way D/D 25/30/0/0/15 is the best burst as far as class and set up will go. It requires little to no time to set up and the full bust is less than 2 seconds.

[DONE]

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

S/D ele. They actually have more burst than thieves, more sustain, and more defensive skills. Thieves suck.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I would say close to this, but if you are just setting up for pure burst, I would say pick up Assassins Signet and the Prcision one. Take the 20% more damage while target is under 50% to really push damage after the backstab or to set up for a really nasty Backstab. Ether way D/D 25/30/0/0/15 is the best burst as far as class and set up will go. It requires little to no time to set up and the full bust is less than 2 seconds.

reason I picked random signets is for the trait which gives 5 stacks of might when a sig is activated. essentially you will have 22 stacks of might when you CnD and BS which can be huge.

also I picked 100% crit from stealth because its 100% chance to crit lol and I like to crit

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

The best burst build

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Burst guardian has really good burst as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjBWVeCRebI