The community is overdue for another update on the state of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

What is going on?

*What is the current plans to do something to fix transfers in WvW?
*Are transfers going to still cost gems?
*What is the cost going to be to transfer?
*Why are commander books not account bound? Are there any plans to make them account bound or is the intent of Anet to have them purchased separately for each character?
*Are the orb/outmanned buffs going to be changed in any way?

We need something Mike Ferguson. Silence is never the way to go.

(edited by SoulstitchMMO.1396)

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

I think I agree with this. I don’t even really care what the answers are, but I would like to see fresh discussion on these boards and that won’t ever happen until there is a final answer.

Actually, I don’t even think a timetable for fixing it is important to me, as long as I clearly understand the intention. I will trust you on intent, but give us some notion of how you see the future of WvW.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

I agree that at least a comment, particularly on their plans for server transfers, would be nice. It has been awhile. I can’t imagine they are happy with the way server Transfers are working out lol

in WvW

Posted by: Light.3976

Light.3976

It’s a pity the WvWvW issue isn’t asked (I didn’t see any, or it didn’t get enough upvotes) in yesterday’s AMA, unlike the FoV issue where a statement is finally given.

in WvW

Sky.9347

It’s a pity the WvWvW issue isn’t asked (I didn’t see any, or it didn’t get enough upvotes) in yesterday’s AMA, unlike the FoV issue where a statement is finally given.

To be fair: it was a programmer AMA, and they didn’t answer much of anything about design or development.

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Free transfers will close when guesting is implemented. No source, but it’s clearly what they’re waiting on.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I agree with the OP. Its not so much about getting an answer I’m happy with, just an answer would be nice.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Free transfers will close when guesting is implemented. No source, but it’s clearly what they’re waiting on.

But how are transfers going to work, and what about commander icons?

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

What is going on?

*What is the current plans to do something to fix transfers in WvW?
*Are transfers going to still cost gems?
*What is the cost going to be to transfer?
*Why are commander books not account bound? Are there any plans to make them account bound or is the intent of Anet to have them purchased separately for each character?

We need something Mike Ferguson. Silence is never the way to go.

./Co-Sign

:( at this point, throw us a bone arenanet

what’s going on with world vs world vs world?!

sigh

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

I agree with the OP. I read in another thread that ArenaNet doesn’t like to make announcements about future game implementations because things being worked on can be changed, modified or deleted and started over with a different direction during the development process. A very understandable outlook in dealing with the game community. People can get in a uproar over the smallest details and those details might never make it into the game. Still with GW2 having many issues it has given me the feel that this is a very large beta test. In my previous MMO games we would be informed of the broad strokes being worked on. In my previous games I’ve seen how other companies deal with the public relations side of running a large MMO. I find Anet to be behind in providing informative response’s to developing community concerns over major game issues. That has led to my feeling that this feels like more of a Beta Test then the normal relationship between developers and players. In Beta Test there’s no need to inform the player base because everything is being worked on. In the finished version of the game the player base who has paid for the product has a reasonable expectation to be kept informed of developing solutions to community issues. I think a post of future fixes being worked on would be a great relief to an anxious community. Thank you for reading my opinion.

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

(edited by FrozeNuggz.7219)

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Have to say I agree. Nothing I hate more than being left in the dark. I’m personally OK, with many of the issues in WvW, just because I have confidence that they’re working on it. But that confidence is fading, so for them to simply speak up and tell me it’s gonna be ok and what they have planned, I might feel more relieved and stop doubting them.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah the programming team did a reddit AMA just yesterday (or the day before).

Unfortunately they really didn’t give any new insight into anything.

Just the usual “we’re working on it” , “this is currently under review” bla bla.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

You can’t expect programmer’s to answer developer questions. We already know they’re working on the technical issues. It’s all the other crap that needs attention. Basically everything the OP said and a few others.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Jormunrek.5372

Jormunrek.5372

I would like to just get some input on when/if transfers are going to be changed, when/if orbs are doing to be disabled until fixed, and things of that sort.

Starting to have flashbacks of the first six months of Warhammer and it’s giving me some concern.

There are several issues with wvw that will take time to fix, but server transfers and disabling the orbs are something that take barely longer than re-upping the servers.

Jorm

in WvW

SoulstitchMMO.1396

There are several issues with wvw that will take time to fix, but server transfers and disabling the orbs are something that take barely longer than re-upping the servers.

Jorm

Added that question to my OP, orbs. Any other questions and I’ll add them to the OP till we get some answers.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

You guys need to top relying on being spoon fed info and keep your ear to the ground.

For example:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gameon.cfm/cast/24
Jump to 9 min mark, question is answered by studio technical director Cameron Dunn

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Sky.9347

Since when is asking for information to be clearly presented on the official website of the company being “spoon-fed”?

If they have answers that they are spreading around, and simply refusing to address on their official information portal, then they are remiss.

in WvW

Jormunrek.5372

Mif.3471

You guys need to top relying on being spoon fed info and keep your ear to the ground.

For example:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gameon.cfm/cast/24
Jump to 9 min mark, question is answered by studio technical director Cameron Dunn

Went there, and listened at the 9min mark and all they discuss is they are working on queue times and how surprised they were at the participation in wvw (which considering how the game was/is marketed I’m kind of surprised that they are surprised but whatever).

Nothing about if/when free/instant transfers were ending and nothing about orbs.

And definitely nothing about any of the points in the OP.
So what exactly was answered at the 9min mark that you pointed out?

Jorm

in WvW

Mif.3471

So what exactly was answered at the 9min mark that you pointed out?

Didn’t say he “answered” anything. I said it was new info.

If you pay attention to what he says, there’s an upcoming design change (as opposed to a technical change) that will allow more people to WvW at the same time.

in WvW

Jormunrek.5372

“Jump to 9 min mark, question is answered by studio technical director Cameron Dunn”

Reread what you posted.

Jorm

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

+1 for the op’s listing. Seems that something’s going on, and we’re pending an update for some time now. It ‘feels’ as though something is coming, calm before the storm. Hallowe’en obviously chewed up some resource time, but pretty sure that’s lined up and squared away now with the write up.

One thing i would also like to add …

mistwrought vault … please fix it, even if you change it so the mechanics are each character can access it once per reset. Just want to get these keys outta my inventory, and not have to re-do the jumping on my characters. (pretty sure this is also on the wvw list they are working through)

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Mif.3471

“Jump to 9 min mark, question is answered by studio technical director Cameron Dunn”

Reread what you posted.

Jorm

The interviewers question, not “OP’s questions”. The podcast has 4 interviewees, I was informing people of who was answering the question.

Remarkably though, you’ve answered your own question of why ArenaNet hasn’t bothered to communicate anything on the forums. If you can turn someone trying to give you a snippet of new info into a keyboard warrior training session, I can only imagine your reaction to an official post.

in WvW

Sky.9347

Reread what you posted.

Jorm

The interviewers question, not “OP’s questions”. The podcast has 4 interviewees, I was informing people of who was answering the question.

Remarkably though, you’ve answered your own question of why ArenaNet hasn’t bothered to communicate anything on the forums. If you can turn someone trying to give you a snippet of new info into a keyboard warrior training session, I can only imagine your reaction to an official post.

You sir, are the Mesmer of the WvW Forums.

That interview doesn’t address any of our concerns, or answer any of our questions.

Still, we’ve been insulted when you said it did, and then again when you said it didn’t.

Impressive.

in WvW

Posted by: MikeB.3857

MikeB.3857

Game hasnt been out 2 whole months and players are overdue for an update?

Really? Overdue?

Revered – [REVD]
Maizen Blue – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

What I mean for update = patch the items broke in prior iterations. Obviously there were some things taken out and if 2 weeks isn’t enough for a ‘live’ team to decide the path of that feature, then there’s production related issues. A vault being locked off without reason, but has been confirmed they are aware is one example. Free transfers causing lopsided matchups is clearly not the direction they would want to go. It counters promoting server pvp, and really walks the path of why have any worlds at all. You have been seeing the issue raised week in and week out, it’s obvious that Anet would like to better craft a system that builds community and competitive play in a positive manner. It’s not fitting the bill yet. Possibly it’s intentional to watch all the hot swappers switch off until they leave the game, and then when dust is settled, right size and put in place the limited transfer. But that also seems counter to any mmo’s end goal. Don’t know, but it feels like to me … we have something coming. Not speaking about update / dungeons pve related items. This is directly related to the current larger issue at hand, that affects multiple worlds/ region. I feel for the servers who have been demoralized and demolished because they had a sizeable force only to be derailed. While that will exist, it has to be mitigated. All points are validated in multiple threads, and acknowledged by ArenaNet. So … yeah , seems like there is work being done, and whenever communications go down (and I’ve been a consumer since GW1 beta) it’s always been because of ^^ this – they are too busy working on the above – but they do acknowledge it. Also, while I work at a gaming company, I can speak to updates (such as hallowe’en festivities in an mmo directly affecting ‘everyone on every server’) being a priority given the timeline and taking ‘x’ resource away from other projects, whether bug, exploit or feature fixes. Suggestions? or you going to give another… ? …type of response. Please note my tone is communicated in a positive and understanding manner, and I am basing my feeling from prior experiences with arenanet. I’m not concerned, as I know these have been on the table more than a few times. They never ignore the community it’s there +1 over every other company.

~Kthxbye

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Really? Overdue?

Not really an update Mike. More like they’re asking “when are things that are broken going to be fixed?”

An example is the borderlands puzzle that has been broken for 2 weeks and counting with no response as to why or when it will be fixed. Things like that.

I think that is a quite reasonable expectation.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in WvW

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

If i had to list the top 2 issues theyd be in order:
1) free transfers (need to stop)
2) orb buffs (need a major nerf bat, right now theres not point even trying if the opponent has 3 orbs)

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Sky.9347

Really? Overdue?

Not really an update Mike. More like they’re asking “when are things that are broke going to be fixed?”

An example is the borderlands puzzle that has been broken for 2 weeks and counting with no response as to why or when it will be fixed. Things like that.

I think that is a quite reasonable expectation.

Actually, I am more interested in just knowing what they consider broken or at least “undesirable”.

The same discussions have been stuck on this forum for weeks now. These discussions don’t have a “right” answer, but rather they come down to “what is the future of WvW, as ANet sees it?” and none of us really know.

That is what I would like to see. A clear statement of vision and intention. Stuff takes time, I get that. Sometimes things break without expectation – I get that too. I just want to understand WHERE they want to take WvW, and I think it would promote further discussion on stuff we don’t see a lot of lately.