The general conscensus seems to be...

in WvW

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

So, I know that the new map/bloodlust/etc has only been out a few hours. While this may not be a very good data set to judge how the new patch pans out…player reactions are very strongly negative….and its the players enjoying the game which keeps the game alive.

The general consensus seems to be:

New maps: Awesome, we like the change. Small teams fighting in skirmishes over control points. Fun for those who enjoy that sort of thing. The lake was stale and boring, this adds a new dynamic and map expansion people like.

Bloodlust Buff: Bad. Very bad. People don’t want server wide stat bonuses for a myriad of reasons. The winning server doesn’t want it because it destroys GvG and the feeling of actually being a better fighting group than a overpowered one. Losing servers don’t want it because it makes the winning team even more powerful reducing their chances of taking objectives and fighting the enemy. Even though a server is losing in PPT doesn’t mean they don’t have groups of very skilled players who like a good encounter with the enemy. It just means they don’t have enough people to be everywhere at once. Losing servers have an equal chance on the battlefield if the numbers are similar. Bloodlust removes that equal chance and makes it even more frustrating for the underdog.

Stomp points: Meh. I personally think its a fine addition. Most people seem to be either way on it. It does make the skirmishers/roamers help the server in PPT because ZvZ usually kills people outright while small teams use finisher.

So the simple solution would be to remove the boodlust buff and replace it with something else. This will make everyone happy (which is the goal right?).

Some options to consider:

Increased MF, WxP, Xp buffs. (kinda meh in my opinion…)

Decreased supply cost. ie: If you own the 3 control points, A ram which usually costs 40 supply to build now costs 35. Can be scaled in multiples of 5. This will actually benefit the losing server more than the winning bc of zerg numbers. I like this option.

Increased karma/gold/xp gain for event completion.

Simply give control points PPT contributions. Kinda lame option if you ask me, we have enough PPT sources.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

pretty much, the new map is excellent but the stat buff needs to go away as quickly as possible

its just mind boggling how this went through considering Arenanet agreed with all of us when we requested the orb’s to be removed

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I was thinking something different, what if the stat buff stayed but well you where under the effects of bloodlust you where worth 1 point per stack when stomped (removing the stomp bonus from the person with BL to the person with out it), people say the losing team needs something thrown there way, well this makes BL a double edge sword yes you get bonus stats but at the same time if you die you give points to your enemy.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Great post summarizing my feelings. That being said WvW has many other flaws that need to be adressed.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

I would be happy with this change. It exactly sums up the reasoning behind why I personally am so upset by this patch.

I want to win on my own terms or lose on them, I don’t want to win a fight because I have a random stat boost from random people in the Borderlands that have nothing to do with me. I don’t want to lose a fight because the enemy got a buff half way through the fight and I lost mine, because someone in an obscure Borderland somewhere didn’t stay on Point A long enough. Giving everyone stat boosts detracts from the euphoria and pride from winning a battle, against 1 other person, against 80, you should feel like you fought and won because you played better, not because you were the one with the boost at that particular point. Similarly you should feel you have that chance of winning if you play well enough, it’s bad enough I get chased around the map constantly by 5+ people, now they will all have a stat boost to help them chase me down, kill me and laugh on my poor solo roaming body.

How can you feel proud of your triumphs if the field was skewed in your favour the entire time?

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

If you made it buff supply instead of stats it would be very worthwhile.

7% more supply per area held on you Dolyaks and in your supply camps

Therefore, holding that buff will make the buff very tactical. Holding all 3 would allow you to fortify your Garrison or SM 21% faster.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Therefore, holding that buff will make the buff very tactical. Holding all 3 would allow you to fortify your Garrison or SM 21% faster.

That would be incredible actually.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Torasan.6029

Torasan.6029

OP has done a great summery but surely we have to ask how did this buff make it onto the game? didn’t the devs foresee this. atleast one must have said: ‘this is a stupid idea’. afterall we had this same crap before with orbs.

serious questions must be asked of those involved. the devs must not make such terrible decisions as reintroducing a failed idea in nearly the same fashion.

ANET WE DO NOT WANT UNBALLANCED COMBAT BUFFS IN WVW. now go remove the stats buff and make it magic find or something, till you can make the new central locations contribute to the score in some way.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

OP has done a great summery but surely we have to ask how did this buff make it onto the game? didn’t the devs foresee this. atleast one must have said: ‘this is a stupid idea’. afterall we had this same crap before with orbs.

serious questions must be asked of those involved. the devs must not make such terrible decisions as reintroducing a failed idea in nearly the same fashion.

ANET WE DO NOT WANT UNBALLANCED COMBAT BUFFS IN WVW. now go remove the stats buff and make it magic find or something, till you can make the new central locations contribute to the score in some way.

At first I thought Sacrx was a lunatic suggesting that they are purposefully sabatoging WvW. But now I think he was dead right.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Those buffs kill skirmishing/small fights for me. which is the only thing i played wvw for and gw2.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

This is actually a good idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

This is actually a good idea.

Agreed

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Too strong for an already winning server.

What about: Server with lowest score gets what you said. Server in 2nd gets similar, but not as good. Winning server gets +50% MF.

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Could not disagree more about the map change. It essentially has made the map into a few small corridors that a zerg can simply put N people at each pinch point and stop all the small groups from being able to take 1/2 the map.

AWESOME MAP change!

The WvW changes sucked completely.

Moire zerg please! Why don’t we all just transfer to 1 server and let the other non-board visiting people play the target role.

in WvW

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

I like this idea, but can see how it would be difficult to implement due to rapid changing of hands with the control points. Would the Yak’s buff be determined when they started walking or when they deliver the supplies?? I guess it makes sense to have it when the Yak delivers supplies and that seems easily implemented in the game code.

Why not both?? For instance, the reduced cost of siege construction would take place at the time the build site was started. Even if the control points flip before the siege is built, it would still be reduced based on when it was thrown. This could even be used strategically: small strike teams could be coordinated to take the control points right before Golems are thrown down in order to benefit from the reduced supply cost.

They can even call the buff: “Efficiency in Construction” – knowledge granted by places of ancient power which enables players in the mists superior engineering knowledge.

That’s my two cents.

edit: this would also not affect lag like the current system does.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

(edited by Sean.8274)

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

pretty much, the new map is excellent but the stat buff needs to go away as quickly as possible

its just mind boggling how this went through considering Arenanet agreed with all of us when we requested the orb’s to be removed

I think it was mostly due to the thief hacks that they removed orbs. They also probably saw the situation as an opportunity to more or less say “hey we listened to you”, but I highly suspect had there not been an issue with hacking, they would not have changed anything.

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1