The new auto loot doesen't work in WvW. [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

The new auto loot from advanced logistics under pact commander doesen’t work in WvW. Fix please.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Afaik Masteries are disabled in WvW, ofc it’s not working.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Noblehawk.8036

Noblehawk.8036

…and it is behind paywall anyways

in WvW

Posted by: Jezynka.2651

Jezynka.2651

That’s exactly what I thought. And even Anet told wvw has it’s own masteries. But well… somebody probably changed his/her mind. Or it was never truth the first time they said it. 2 months ago a dev wrote it will work in wvw:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3g5smh/central_tyrian_mastery_poi_livestream_notes/ctv8i05
And now it’s not working… So another change of mind? I hate how bad and how late Anet communicates their future plans and changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

lol, the only place where it would be useful, and it doesn’t work.

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

You already grinded that much exp to get full mastery to auto-loot! Dang I’m impressed, though it was going to take lots of time farming for that. Sorry it was for nothing

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Timelord.8190

Yep, i was playing for the whole weekend. I used pretty much all of the XP boosters and went to Cursed Shore. The auto loot function was the main reasaon i bought HoT for, and now i feel pretty screwed over

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

OK thanks for this so there’s no point getting pact mastery then.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

LOL what a joke I was grinding for that as well, why put it as the last track if it’s useless and it takes like 8 points? who cares about autoloot in pve. I hope it’s just a bug.

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Im getting really angry if this is not a bug. Then anet should have put after in information (NOT ABLE IN WOLD VS WORLD) otherwise how the hell would we know?

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Timelord.8190

Yes, it’s so bad information.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Typical, same with Gem Store items. If they state not usable in WvW, it won’t get purchased.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Yeah, we definitely need this in WvW and EotM. Like asap. I don’t know how many precursors i missed out on by being dead and laying in a pile of bags, or leaving a pile of bags at spawn and running away from them, with even knowing that they were there!

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Hence why it’s false advertising.

Anything that only works in PvE should have a disclaimer saying so!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

no worries, anet will be kind to us and let us unlock this mastery for 10000 gems in wvw. the poor things have to make some money of the wvw players, those new big beautiful maps they gave us weren’t cheap

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

It doesnt work in WvW because bags are dropped in WvW and they count as mini-chests, the autoloot only affects dead creatures, if you could physically loot corpses in WvW instead of the little bags, then it would probably work.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

It doesnt work in WvW because bags are dropped in WvW and they count as mini-chests, the autoloot only affects dead creatures, if you could physically loot corpses in WvW instead of the little bags, then it would probably work.

They could certainly make it work.

in WvW

Posted by: Kusaku.9056

Kusaku.9056

But but the entire reason i grinded the pact commander was for autoloot in wvw.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

But but the entire reason i grinded the pact commander was for autoloot in wvw.

This is why it sucks and thankfully I didn;t caught by that. Have shifted my mastery to legendaries.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

erKo.9586

Any answer from a GM? comon we need answers regarding this.. feels like we all been trolled and specced from because of the autoloot.

in WvW

Timelord.8190

I hardly ever see any dev in the WvW section.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: scorpii.5320

scorpii.5320

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

They should just release those new masteries with WvW masteries. My WvW masteries are not applied in PvE?

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

WvW is the only area where this is a problem. I know many other people were looking forward to having this as a WvW item. It certainly did not say ‘PvE’ only in the blurb but I guess that is just another disappointment from Anet.

Hopefully they will sort this out fast, along with a lot of other bugs and issues in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

We are looking at adding a way for players to earn Quickloot in WvW as well. We wanted to keep PvE progression (Masteries) separate from WvW progression (Ability Lines). However this means when a new Mastery ability is created, that might also be useful in another gamemode, it doesn’t automatically crossover.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

We are looking at adding a way for players to earn Quickloot in WvW as well. We wanted to keep PvE progression (Masteries) separate from WvW progression (Ability Lines). However this means when a new Mastery ability is created, that might also be useful in another gamemode, it doesn’t automatically crossover.

Just create a WVW version, I would wager the majority of WvW players have unspent WvW mastery points.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Pillo.3490

Pillo.3490

Why not implement some of these useful masteries in WvW through our rank up points. People that have been doing WvW for a long time have an expansive number of left over points after maxing all the WvW abilities and currently we have nothing to do with them. New WvW players can choose to max it if they so choose.

(edited by Pillo.3490)

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

Thank you. Also, I’ll give you a pass on that PvE separate from WvW… new BL is pve map, new lords are pve bosses, etc. Anyways, Quickloot in WvW would make a lot of people happy.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

erKo.9586

Thats really nice to hear! we are so many people that feel sad because of the non-auto-loot in WvW. I would like to say that everything in the game so far is GOOD except the new WvW maps & the auto-loot

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

It’s a shame that this wasn’t even thought of before launch. ‘looking at’ as in trying to write something or ‘looking at’ in the same way many bugs in wvw existed for years before being fixed? would be nice to know whether it’s being actively coded rather than on a list of ‘get around to after HoT reports no bugs for a month’.

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

It’s a shame that this wasn’t even thought of before launch. ‘looking at’ as in trying to write something or ‘looking at’ in the same way many bugs in wvw existed for years before being fixed? would be nice to know whether it’s being actively coded rather than on a list of ‘get around to after HoT reports no bugs for a month’.

It’s definitely an after. They probably think it’s a good idea, but they don’t know where to put it? Maybe they can’t decide which WvW currency they’ll make use to get it.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Timelord.8190

Why couldn’t you add it on before the HoT release so it was even for the PvE players and WvW players? And it should have said that it doesen’t work in WvW when you decided to exclude it. This is so badly designed!

It’s definitely an after. They probably think it’s a good idea, but they don’t know where to put it? Maybe they can’t decide which WvW currency they’ll make use to get it.

I guess they are looking for a way to get it behind a paywall in WvW aswell.

It shouldn’t even be in the reward system. Where it should be is in the basic options aviable to everyone. But they said it had to be to guard themself against bots, which is silly. Like a bot can’t press a loot key.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Now i’m confused. Another one of your coworkers, Ryan D, responded on reddit a few months ago with this,

“I can clarify this a bit. If you waypoint away before something dies and it dropped loot, you won’t immediately get it. If you return to the area, you will get the loot as soon as you can see it. It will basically pick up all loot you can see.

The exception is WvW, since loot bags always spawns at your feet. If you waypoint, the loot will spawn at your location and should get immediately picked up."

The way he made it sound was that it was going to work with WvW.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3g5smh/central_tyrian_mastery_poi_livestream_notes/ctv8i05

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

how about wvw mastery and not pve mastery? mwe got a ton of mastery points leftover since applied fortitude and guard stacks were taken out …soooo autoloot….u know……pve=boring for a lot of wvw players….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Just create a WVW version, I would wager the majority of WvW players have unspent WvW mastery points.

This would be the best solution. Keep PvE masteries separate from WvW and allow people to get the same functionality through an ability line.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

A quality of life change they want to hide behind a mastery, but don’t want to make a mastery for it in wvw. First you guys want to treat wvw like pve and now you don’t.
Unbelievable.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: FOKOZUYNEN.8206

FOKOZUYNEN.8206

The autoloot ideea is very good since the most of players they complain of fact that the game is not rewarding wich is not true, is just that we miss looting and some are doing macros wich is not the same. Anyway im happy to know that Anet are working on it XD.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Lots of us have huge piles of unspent points (I have mine arranged into a giant “Peace” sign) and for us it would be no big deal if autoloot were a WvW Ability*.

*Predicts that Anet do another “be careful what you wish for” switcheroo.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Just add these kinds of things to wvw ranks.
At least the massive amount of points van be used then.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Thank you. New WvW mastery would be welcome it`s been a while since we had anything new.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Now i’m confused. Another one of your coworkers, Ryan D, responded on reddit a few months ago with this,

“I can clarify this a bit. If you waypoint away before something dies and it dropped loot, you won’t immediately get it. If you return to the area, you will get the loot as soon as you can see it. It will basically pick up all loot you can see.

The exception is WvW, since loot bags always spawns at your feet. If you waypoint, the loot will spawn at your location and should get immediately picked up."

The way he made it sound was that it was going to work with WvW.

Something similar was stated in the twitch stream when they went over this line as well. I was under the impression, from statements made, that this ‘feature’ was supposed to work everywhere. Not just core Tyria.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyras.7043

Tyras.7043

I’m hoping that whatever the final decision is, it gets made in a timely fashion. I think most WvW players already spent their weekend grinding this mastery out. I would fully support a WvW Ability Line that granted AutoLoot, I’m just hoping that it comes sooner rather than later. Please try to keep communicating with the WvW population so we don’t feel neglected again.

<3 chu guise

Tyras Fraust [Os] | NSP
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

That’s a convoluted pile of horse patty’s right there. It’s an account unlock, period. When I unlock something, I expect it to be GAME WIDE. Not having to figure out what goes where and some invisible gated bs. Stop creating such a fractured gaming experience, it’s not appreciated, nor fun, nor rewarding at all.

Oh, and no WvW equivalent, TYVM. Again, this is an account unlock, period. You make it work in WvW too.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

How long have WvW players asked for this? 3 years? You finally make auto loot possible and only give it to the PVE community.

K thanks. Appreciate the love.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Entenkommando.5208

How long have WvW players asked for this? 3 years? You finally make auto loot possible and only give it to the PVE community.

Who has ever asked for auto loot? There were and are way more important things than this little quality of life feature.

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

little quality of life feature.

LITTLE???? no this is a HUGE QoL issue. Look at how many players are fast tracking the Pact Mastery just for this.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

Who has ever asked for auto loot? There were and are way more important things than this little quality of life feature.

uhm?
everyone?
ahahaha
ahahahaahahha
aahhahahahahahaha
please tell me this is a troll comment

the only game format where this would actually be logical to have and it’s disabled
GEE
“KITTEN”
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

my only regret is going into pve for something i thought would work in pvp
stepping foot in pve, the place where they say you love it if you love wvw, because you have to go there to get wvw things such as hero points, gold, armor stats, runes, and now this lie of a mastery

my fault for not doing more research besides the reddit post, am i rite tho, how dare i believe something without enough information on the tooltip in-game

-posts link like other comments in thread to make it noticed harder-

in WvW

Entenkommando.5208

Tbh I can’t remember any but maybe 1-2 threads asking for auto loot before it got announced, so no…not a troll comment. And you can definitely not speak about “everyone” or the entire 3 years.
We’ve got worse problems in WvW

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Just my 2c worth.

I got my pack mastery asap, reassigned my auto loot button to do something else, then ventured into WvW. Thinking I can finally die and still get that illusive precursor at my feet.

Was a very fun first fight trying to reassign my keys back during battle; good thing I ended up on my butt quickly.

Thanks ANet you’re the best /s.
Seriously fix this, I don’t care if it costs 2000 ranks at this point, I have plenty to spare.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, it’s not like those world ability points are going to go anywhere, so masteries would be nice.

However, I find it really odd that you are trying to keep WvW and PvE progression separate (noble cause, mind you), but the progression is still mostly skewed towards the pve end when it came to the new content.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.