WvW Poll: Spread the word tonight

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Even after 3 yes votes, not moving. I feel like I came back bought HoT on 3 accounts, gliders and such to update it. Just getting back into WvW … feeling excited and pumped about this game again. Seeing the results all week up above the threshold … wanting to support the company again (already spent over $300 in 3 months across my 3 accounts).

Now looking at the glaring 74.9% knowing this would result in 3 month rotations of maps versus providing players the ability to chose the maps they want to play … not even worth it. There was people actively in WvW maps encouraging the votes for simultaneous borderlands … and others on comms saying they already on comms backing there votes for it. And now – end of week … it’s going to fail? When does it close tomorrow?

Well … kitten. Faith in things sometimes lead us to make stupid choices. I’ve had faith in Anet since GW1 bwe’s … I’m getting the sinking feeling I made a poor decision. I hate making poor decisions.

https://feedback.guildwars2.com/en/results/

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

From https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/About-the-new-poll/page/2#post6227341

As has been explained multiple times, the devs have already said that the “no vote” entries are going to be discarded in the final count. The arithmetic is very simple. Out of the actual votes, simultaneous currently has a 78.6% share.

Oh. Forgot about that! Thanks. That’s awesome news.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Still need to drop another 3% or so before the fail is a reality. You forgot the non-voters.

in WvW

Teon.5168

No need to sweat about it, Hex, unless it drops to around 72% or less.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

OMG.

Can’t wait to hear them say… “ah well we said 75% but it’s 74.9% so we wont do anything you want, please buy more gems.”

Instead of them averaging the numbers to 75% which is what they should clearly do in this case and deliver the massive overhaul they promised in the first place.

Actually how many people asked them to mix borderlands just to make Anet change something?

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

Missed that note… thanks for the update.

OMG.

Can’t wait to hear them say… “ah well we said 75% but it’s 74.9% so we wont do anything you want, please buy more gems.”

I don’t even wait for them to say anything. I just toss some money now and then and hope things stay the course, and do what I can to make it better for people i play with.

I mean – the communication alone is much better (plus 1), the notes about direction and polling (plus 1) … I’d rather stay this course than what most had to go through the first few years.

And Lol @ the last note of your post something

I feel that we have to somehow just live for the present and forget those bad memories of old

(edited by Hexinx.1872)

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

OMG.

I don’t even wait for them to say anything. I just toss some money now and then and hope things stay the course, and do what I can to make it better for people i play with.

I mean – the communication alone is much better (plus 1), the notes about direction and polling (plus 1) … I’d rather stay this course than what most had to go through the first few years.

I feel that we have to somehow just live for the present and forget those bad memories of old

These polls are just meant to slow down the release of the overhaul. Mark my word: when the overhaul is ready they’ll hold on it and launch it with the next expansion.

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

I just think it’s funny how they even have “don’t count my vote” in the percent to begin with. Spaghetti code.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I don’t pay attention to the polls anymore because they are pointless.

What illogical non-statistical useless strategy are they using now?

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Curious about what happens if you vote, then when you go back to check select don’t count my vote because you already voted… I did that on the previous poll.

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

You need to go back and reselect your original vote. The system is set up to allow a user to change their mind.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

OMG.

These polls are just meant to slow down the release of the overhaul. Mark my word: when the overhaul is ready they’ll hold on it and launch it with the next expansion.

I’d tell them good luck with that then. They burned a ton of players with HoT and a good portion of the remaining players are not trusting of anet. I sure hope they are not planning on another expansion. If so, they need a new strategic planner lol

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I have a friend that says the same thing, they’re going to release the big stuff in the next expansion. To which I usually answer, they can try but after what they did with HoT and guildhalls shtuff, and burning the wvw community goodwill for 3 years… good luck with that, I’m sure wvw players would just leave the game instead.

I sure hope they are not planning on another expansion. If so, they need a new strategic planner lol

It’s already in the works, they mentioned they had 70 devs working on it already a few months back. But yeah, would be nice to finish the current expansion.

P.S wouldn’t freak out about the poll yet, it’s around 20.5% the other way, and like 4.6% non votes which will be taken out and the percentages will be adjusted. Honesty though, if this vote doesn’t go through, wvw players deserve all the misery we’ve gotten the past 4 years for being stupid.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I sure hope they are not planning on another expansion. If so, they need a new strategic planner lol

I hate to break it to you, but they are.

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

The only danger is now that trolls and griefers realise they can ruin the day for many players now.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Even after 3 yes votes, not moving

THIS is the problem with doing the polls like this, You voted 3 times you say? So what if the guy who disagrees with you voted 24 times? Isn’t it great how we can vote s much a we like by how many accounts we have?

People need to understand these polls are in no way an accurate representation of WvW players since there is nothing preventing players from multiple voting or even being WvW players at all. As long as they continue to do the polls like this, there is no way to ensure they are getting accurate numbers and the results should not be used for anything other that toilet paper at that point.

We need 1 vote per actual WvW player for WvW polls. Use WvW rank+ Dolyak kills and send WvW surveys to those players instead.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

The only danger is now that trolls and griefers realise they can ruin the day for many players now.

I have to believe more in the company preventing that and the overall populus of good people versus the people who inevitably get banned for poor behaviour. Regardless of game mode, there’s more good than bad out there. Let’s just hope for every troll there’s at least 3 good people out there, and my gut feeling says there’s like 10-20 decent people for every bad apple.

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

Devil – I own 3 accounts, they are all legitimate votes, and all accounts are active everyday.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Devil – I own 3 accounts, they are all legitimate votes, and all accounts are active everyday.

Yes, many wvw players own multiple accounts. When they went on sale for $10 some players even bought one for every server. Just because I can vote 15 times do you think I should be able to? Or how about the guy who has accounts on all Na and Eu servers? Should he have more say in what happens than you do? That is what happens when you do not only allow one vote per actual WvW player setting a WvW rank of 500 and then adding in a minimum number of dolyak kills to ensure actual WvW play and not EotM would reduce the number of multiple accounts one can vote with since that takes time to do, not just buying accounts. Someone can have 24 legitimate accounts just as easily as you have 3.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

2 of them are not legitimate. Yes ANet counts them as legitimate since its a real account, but you just voted three times for one person’s opinion. Why is your opinion worth 3 times that of someone else’s opinion solely because you bought 3 HoT packages?

This is actually a big problem with ANet’s polls, in that people who can afford more accounts get their wishes weighted in their favor. It should be one person one vote.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I hate to break it to you, but they are.

But they didn’t even finish project HoT? It’s very concerning they released an unfinished expansion and already working on a new one. I don’t think they’ll get the cash flow they are hoping for if they can’t produce a quality product.

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

…snip…

3 people play them, 2 of them are minors. I paid for them, built them up, and made the QoL experience of this game easier for them because I do that stuff (being good to others)- all on HoT. Told them the choices, obviously with a personal bias – and voted.

What you are describing is not the same. Unless you are actively playing all 15 accounts everyday … in which case – you are jobless. But even then if you are actively playing all 15 accounts every day I would count you as a legitimate voter if it meets the base criteria.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

…snip…

3 people play them, 2 of them are minors. I paid for them, built them up, and made the QoL experience of this game easier for them because I do that stuff (being good to others)- all on HoT. Told them the choices, obviously with a personal bias – and voted.

What you are describing is not the same. Unless you are actively playing all 15 accounts everyday … in which case – you are jobless. But even then if you are actively playing all 15 accounts every day I would count you as a legitimate voter if it meets the base criteria.

So then you want me to include ALL of the accounts from my family? Now my family members have multiple accounts as well. There is NOTHING requiring you play any account everyday. Many actual players do not even play every day so that is pretty irrelevant. Base criteria should be minimum WvW rank and dolyak kills would solve the problem. Some players only play in the fall, winter and spring, and not in the summer while out travelling on vacation and they are real players too, but are not even going to be notified there is a poll.. Email invite only like they have done the other surveys would solve that problem.

I am not sure why you would think playing every day would even be relevant considering many hardcore wvw players do not.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

Re: The poll

I wonder why one side needs to get 75% for that to win? The other side doesn’t. A majority is 50%+1. It’s almost as if A-net really, really wants the 3 month rotation to win. To the point of adding that condition to the other side. Rather than just going with what the majority of customers want.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

…snip…

Yes, actually I would count them if they meet the base criteria. Absolutely.

Base criteria should be min rank (but personally I suggested long ago r100), plus rank up throughout the week the poll is active. Not dolyak kills. I don’t care if people chose only to play once a week, or everyday so long as they hit the base criteria – whatever that is. Personally I say 1 rank because a yak kill a week – the player may as well not be playing – AI bats kill more yaks than that. oh and I’m one of those guys who also goes on hiatus’ like many players do. Burnouts are real in gaming, but I don’t think me not playing should be able to vote on something if I am not actively playing.

No one cares if I’m a math genius – if I chose to only answer 1 question on a test paper of 50, I would only get 1 mark.

Playing everyday is a lose term for logging in and playing WvW – don’t get caught up in in nit picking, I’m not. Also I just said that is what we are doing, not that it is required for base criteria. 3 Legitimate account are still 3 legit accounts = 3 votes. If you chose not to have your family, extended family, neighbours vote, that’s a PEBKAC. Especially if you gave a rats kitten about the future of this game mode.

Anyways, you are more than welcome to discuss this with me personally through a PM. While I agree a lot needs to be done, you get nothing accomplished without taking the first steps. Anet to me has proven they are taking the steps. I’d rather help that and support that.

I need a beer now, I’ll toast it in your honour of this convo – it’s eow for us canadians (fyi – I take everything in constructively even if i don’t personally agree)

(edited by Hexinx.1872)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Re: The poll

I wonder why one side needs to get 75% for that to win? The other side doesn’t. A majority is 50%+1. It’s almost as if A-net really, really wants the 3 month rotation to win. To the point of adding that condition to the other side. Rather than just going with what the majority of customers want.

It is due to that being the decision Anet has already made and they are going to have to back tack and do a ton of work over again to accomplish it to be able to implement it.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

…snip…

Yes, actually I would count them if they meet the base criteria. Absolutely.

Base criteria should be min rank (but personally I suggested long ago r100), plus rank up throughout the week the poll is active. Not dolyak kills. I don’t care if people chose only to play once a week, or everyday so long as they hit the base criteria – whatever that is. Personally I say 1 rank because a yak kill a week – the player may as well not be playing – AI bats kill more yaks than that.

No one cares if I’m a math genius – if I chose to only answer 1 question on a test paper of 50, I would only get 1 mark.

Playing everyday is a lose term for logging in and playing WvW – don’t get caught up in in nit picking, I’m not. Also I just said that is what we are doing, not that it is required for base criteria. 3 Legitimate account are still 3 legit accounts = 3 votes. If you chose not to have your family, extended family, neighbours vote, that’s a PEBKAC. Especially if you gave a rats kitten about the future of this game mode.

Anyways, you are more than welcome to discuss this with me personally through a PM. While I agree a lot needs to be done, you get nothing accomplished without taking the first steps. Anet to me has proven they are taking the steps. I’d rather help that and support that.

I need a beer now, I’ll toast it in your honour of this convo – it’s eow for us canadians (fyi – I take everything in constructively even if i don’t personally agree)

The reason for dolyak kills is they do not have to step foot in WvW to have player kills or WvW rank leveling only in EotM. There are no dolyaks in EotM, so may be the only way to determine actual WvW player via easy access data.

I do not even think it should have to be active WvW players, because players came here for years and had their pleas ignored, the first step to moving on the right path would be to reach out to them as well and include them in the polls to show things have changed to hopefully bring them back. ALL of WvW players were ignored for years, then all of a sudden they change this, they should include the ones that they had waiting in line first as well. Many players came to forums and contacted ANet for years to get no response .. at all. Now that they decide to give a response, those should be the FIRST they notify, since they DID actually try to get help for the game mode.

You said you voted 3 times, not that you had them vote 3 times with whatever they want without you telling them how to vote.. there is a difference.

ALSO rank 100 is much too low to rule out multiple accounts. 500 would be more like it due to the age of the game.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Teon.5168

Whatever the results, I am going to be really glad when this poll is done, because then this subject can be FINALLY put to bed. Bon voyage, cya later, hasta la vista, baby.

And frankly, fwiw, I think that only players that have a Z in their first name, and a W as the last letter of their last name should be able to vote in the polls.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Whatever the results, I am going to be really glad when this poll is done, because then this subject can be FINALLY put to bed. Bon voyage, cya later, hasta la vista, baby.

And frankly, fwiw, I think that only players that have a Z in their first name, and a W as the last letter of their last name should be able to vote in the polls.

I hate to break it to you, it will never be done. Every week you will come to accept players complaining about the DBL, either being in the game or not, or rotation, or not FOREVER. Since this was something so divided in the community, it is not ever going to end now.

If there is a mass exodus due to the dbl again, then they will right back at square one to remove it .. again. No matter what happens with the polls they certainly are not going to let that decision kill their game…. unless it actually kills the game mode and everyone leaves anyway.

Yelling at them every time they bring it up isn’t going to help the situation, it only makes it worse because then they feel they are not being listened to. For every player that is run off from this, is a player that takes their family, guildies and friends with them so it greatly harms the games longevity.

If they had actually had WvW player involvement prior to making it and releasing it, it would be a very different map.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Teon.5168

I hate to break it to you, it will never be done. Every week you will come to accept players complaining about the DBL, either being in the game or not, or rotation, or not FOREVER. Since this was something so divided in the community, it is not ever going to end now.

If there is a mass exodus due to the dbl again, then they will right back at square one to remove it .. again. No matter what happens with the polls they certainly are not going to let that decision kill their game…. unless it actually kills the game mode and everyone leaves anyway.

If they had actually had WvW player involvement prior to making it and releasing it, it would be a very different map.

Oh, believe me, I know. As long as you’re on these forums, this subject will NEVER completely die. It will just drone on and on, like that odd sound one’s old refrigerator in the garage makes that ya just end up getting used to and ignore.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Oh, believe me, I know. As long as you’re on these forums, this subject will NEVER completely die. It will just drone on and on, like that odd sound one’s old refrigerator in the garage makes that ya just end up getting used to and ignore.

Would you like me to go get the hundreds of player quotes that are NOT ME for you? trying to tell every person who speaks up that it is over doesn’t help the game in any way.

“Yelling at them every time they bring it up isn’t going to help the situation, it only makes it worse because then they feel they are not being listened to. For every player that is run off from this, is a player that takes their family, guildies and friends with them so it greatly harms the games longevity.”

You are actually harming the game by attacking the players who speak up about it.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Teon.5168

Would you like me to go get the hundreds of player quotes that are NOT ME for you?

Yea, please do, as it will give you something to do for awhile.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Would you like me to go get the hundreds of player quotes that are NOT ME for you?

Yea, please do, as it will give you something to do for awhile.

Making sure players are heard helps those players, telling them to shut up about it, just runs players off the game. You are actively trying to run players off from the game. There is a difference.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

OMG.

Can’t wait to hear them say… "ah well we said 75% but it’s 74.9% so we wont do anything you want, ?

They may well do that given these votes are advisory only.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

Devil, I understand about the past history. I’ve been hear, and that’s why I’m a strong advocate of moving forward. This is the best we have had, and while it can be improved, that won’t happen overnight. One step at a time is more the approach I look at it like. Start with what we got and do what we can to help build more attention where attention is needed.

You are right though, I do have strong feelings that alot of players who have played for years who should have valid inputs in this. But I don’t believe that you should completely ignore newer players or current players. It’s not right to just have one group the entitlement, without hearing the voices of the others. Rank 500 is far too high, I mean anyone who sticks around WvW and earns Rank 100, is obviously interested in the game mode, with r500 you are basically saying you can’t take a hiatus, you can’t drop the game for years, and you have to play WvW for I don’t know what 750 hours? Something around that at 2 levels/3hours. What may besurprising is that some people only play the game say 2-3 hours a night and that means it takes them almost 1-1.5 years before being allowed to have input. Sure, add in 1 dolyak kill to offset the eotm crowd, hell make it 10 dolyaks… but then … those players that are taking a hiatus or vacation, or only play during a certain part of the year will be neglected regardless.

Ideally you want to have input from all those crowds, and be able to segregate the data into the player bases. We are no where near that. Neglecting newer players does not mean taking away from your value. But forcing new players to go through what everyone else endured before being allowed to vote on a survey? Seems a little to stern. I don’t know what the happy medium would be, but it surely can be better than punching the rank up to almost silver before being allowed to have input.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Now looking at the glaring 74.9% knowing this would result in 3 month rotations of maps versus providing players the ability to chose the maps they want to play … not even worth it. There was people actively in WvW maps encouraging the votes for simultaneous borderlands … and others on comms saying they already on comms backing there votes for it. And now – end of week … it’s going to fail? When does it close tomorrow?

I voted No.

I way prefer that everyone gets the same map.

There is obviously going to be a favourite map that everyone wants to play on.

Whether the favourite ends up being the old or new BL, there will definitely be a favourite.

So one or two servers are going to get favouritism because they will get less people wanting to play on their BL.

It should be kept fair where every server has the same BL.

Fairness trumps choice IMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Nothing about this game mode is fair, but if you force another dbl rotation on the remaining players it will kill the game mode. Simple as that.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Even after 3 yes votes, not moving. I feel like I came back bought HoT on 3 accounts, gliders and such to update it. Just getting back into WvW … feeling excited and pumped about this game again. Seeing the results all week up above the threshold … wanting to support the company again (already spent over $300 in 3 months across my 3 accounts).

Well … kitten. Faith in things sometimes lead us to make stupid choices. I’ve had faith in Anet since GW1 bwe’s … I’m getting the sinking feeling I made a poor decision. I hate making poor decisions.

https://feedback.guildwars2.com/en/results/

So, how did Anet fail you? ANet gave the community as a whole the opportunity to let their voices be heard and provide a change based on the majority of opinions. That sounds like a positive aspect in a company… not a negative one. Expecting more than that is a bit far-fetched.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

(edited by Vash.9183)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Nothing about this game mode is fair, but if you force another dbl rotation on the remaining players it will kill the game mode. Simple as that.

Surely people can see the problem that if the map itself could kill the game mode that it is far from being ready for the live game at all. They really need to work on the map then let people vote on when it is actually ready and see what happens from there if they wanted this issue to finally be resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I voted No.

There is obviously going to be a favourite map that everyone wants to play on.

Whether the favourite ends up being the old or new BL, there will definitely be a favourite.

So one or two servers are going to get favouritism because they will get less people wanting to play on their BL.

It should be kept fair where every server has the same BL.

Fairness trumps choice IMO.

Oh you mean EB? That other odd map different among a multitude of others?

Cause it’s going to be EB.

4 years of experience tell me so.

#vote4fourEBforbalance

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

morrolan.9608

I voted No.

JQ’s gonna be pretty bad to be on for the 3 months that the desert BL is in rotation if it gets up.

Surely people can see the problem that if the map itself could kill the game mode that it is far from being ready for the live game at all. They really need to work on the map then let people vote on when it is actually ready and see what happens from there if they wanted this issue to finally be resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.

Yes that may be correct however its not an option that is being put up and as has been repeatedly said we are compromising, life involves compromise. To vote for anything other than simultaneous is to vote for the death of the mode.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

You need to go back and reselect your original vote. The system is set up to allow a user to change their mind.

And yet, how many know this???? Players interested in the results may go back many times to view it. How many use “just show me the results”? figuring their first vote is what’s counted?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Devil, I understand about the past history. I’ve been hear, and that’s why I’m a strong advocate of moving forward. This is the best we have had, and while it can be improved, that won’t happen overnight. One step at a time is more the approach I look at it like. Start with what we got and do what we can to help build more attention where attention is needed.

You are right though, I do have strong feelings that alot of players who have played for years who should have valid inputs in this. But I don’t believe that you should completely ignore newer players or current players. It’s not right to just have one group the entitlement, without hearing the voices of the others. Rank 500 is far too high, I mean anyone who sticks around WvW and earns Rank 100, is obviously interested in the game mode, with r500 you are basically saying you can’t take a hiatus, you can’t drop the game for years, and you have to play WvW for I don’t know what 750 hours? Something around that at 2 levels/3hours. What may besurprising is that some people only play the game say 2-3 hours a night and that means it takes them almost 1-1.5 years before being allowed to have input. Sure, add in 1 dolyak kill to offset the eotm crowd, hell make it 10 dolyaks… but then … those players that are taking a hiatus or vacation, or only play during a certain part of the year will be neglected regardless.

Ideally you want to have input from all those crowds, and be able to segregate the data into the player bases. We are no where near that. Neglecting newer players does not mean taking away from your value. But forcing new players to go through what everyone else endured before being allowed to vote on a survey? Seems a little to stern. I don’t know what the happy medium would be, but it surely can be better than punching the rank up to almost silver before being allowed to have input.

The issue is by allowing players who do not know enough about WvW due to inexperience to understand what the different types of players actually need to have included in the game mode to be able to play it can vote to have what the most dedicated players look forward to and do everyday removed from the game. If players have not tried to fight other players on every class in numerous areas on the DBL, for example, they would not know if all their skills can be used there.

In this one game mode, we have scouts, roamers, havoc and zergs, ALL of which are important to the game mode and should be included. Each of those different types of players has things they look forward to come in to WvW to do, and with many of the things that have happened since HoT was released it has harmed many different groups and the goal now is to try to get things back on the right path. Things like Airship, for example, have made it extremely difficult on roamers and havoc to try and take objectives such as SMC, which they could before. Things like the new guild upgrade system took away everything that small guilds had earned and made it extremely difficult if not impossible for them to be able to get what they had back. Things like dragon banners have made it very difficult since those things are abundant to large guilds to access but difficult for the small ones to compete with.

Inexperienced players may not be able to see the value and importance of strategic building placement in forcing your opponents hand by making them play offense when they were trying to defend. They often do not understand that all maps are considered one playing field and that you watch all maps at once to force your opponents hand by making them choose which objectives they are going to save and which they will let go. They do not understand the need to keep all of your opponents structures paper regardless of borderland they are on, or why you want to pull off of one keep to hit another to force their hand. Yes, of course there are still many vets that also do not understand strategic WvW game play, but there are far less of them that lack that understanding than there are of inexperienced WvW players that do so.

Many inexperienced WvW players do not understand why PvD and siege humping is so toxic to the game because they have not seen the end game of this. All they see is if we do this we can win, lacking the understanding of what you get when you win is actually no fights and extreme boredom because everyone got bored and left from doing that already. They don;t understand that players ALREADY did that and decided that ruins the game for everyone playing and chose to stop doing that due to that reason. When you win and you realize you actually lost much more than you gained, it makes it not worth winning at all. Inexperienced players have not yet had a chance to learn that.

What the vets have to offer that the inexperienced players do not is a better understanding of what it will take to keep the game mode alive long term. Without the dedicated players, the game mode dies. Sure new players should always was be offering new ideas, and all of those ideas should always be discussed and considered, not just ignored. But in the end, it should be the dedicated players that have the most say in whether or not they are actually implemented. Some ideas sound really cool, but they may actually kill the game mode due to other issues they create that the inexperienced players would not realize exist.

The past and present WvW players in or out of the game would be notified if they used the same system they used for the surveys they used to create this game in the first place, and Anet used that same system after HoT came out. They emailed ( not in game , but actual email) surveys to the players they wanted feedback from and only those players responded. It was invite only, but that way they are making sure they hit their target audience. Many were not even aware these surveys were taking place, but they did take place and are used to determine the direction of the game. These WvW polls should be done the same way instead and make sure they only send surveys to past as present WvW players, not just people who see WvW as another place to farm nodes or do dailies. Past and present WvW players would be treated equally, not leaving either out, as this system currently does. You can imagine people who left on their summer vacation come back and find out they missed having any say at all are going to be quite surprised, and not necessarily in a good way.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I voted No.

JQ’s gonna be pretty bad to be on for the 3 months that the desert BL is in rotation if it gets up.

Yes that may be correct however its not an option that is being put up and as has been repeatedly said we are compromising, life involves compromise. To vote for anything other than simultaneous is to vote for the death of the mode.

Yes, but pretending that isn’t what needs to happen and not continuing to let them know just means it will never be fixed. As long as people still let them know it needs to be fixed, there is hope it will one day get fixed. The issue is some of what needs fixed cannot be done in the live game, so they would have to do it while outside the live game. Otherwise we are just saying " It’s okay to leave it broken."

It took like 4 years to get spawn trebs fixed for ABL, and really that was minor in comparison to the topography issues of the DBL.. the DBL will never be fixed unless people let it be known it has to be.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

And yet, how many know this???? Players interested in the results may go back many times to view it. How many use “just show me the results”? figuring their first vote is what’s counted?

Yea, no kidding. I am sure players who come back to view the results will know how that poll works, considering other polls on many sites do not do that. LOL

It is just a mess tbh.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Yes I agree the poll website is just stupid and should be fixed

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

So hypothetically, if I were to vote “no” using all my accounts, one person could skew the data enough on a very razor thin line to affect the entire population?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

So hypothetically, if I were to vote “no” using all my accounts, one person could skew the data enough on a very razor thin line to affect the entire population?

Yes, if it is a close vote. If enough players are doing it, however, it doesn’t have to be a close vote.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

I think people misunderstand the result of this last poll, the result is:
“Show us you can actually modernize WvW”

Anet will have to make DBL balanced with the other maps, or add a third map which is the true solution, it will force them to actually work on core WvW systems. Finally they get told out loud that 3 copies of the same map isn’t something people want 4 years down the life cycle.
Only for that the poll result is gold, even if it’s to see them fail because they aren’t willing to invest the proper resources. At least we will know where the community stands and how comited Anet is.

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

For reference, if you’d like to see the results after already having voted, you can just 1) verify that it correctly remembered your previous vote [it should already have that radio button ticked] and 2) click Submit. That will take you to the results if you don’t have the URL saved (https://feedback.guildwars2.com/en/results), without changing your vote.

I’ve used voting systems that worked similarly, but I think the phrasing of the options is what’s confusing here — the fact that no-vote also has the words “show me the results” (or whatever the exact phrasing is), while no other “show me the results” link exists, could mislead players into thinking that selecting the other options would not show results.