The problem with WvW

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

Now I know I will get flamed for this, but I felt I needed to express my opinion. Used to we would get actual fights in WvW, I don’t know what happened since release but now it always seems like commanders/groups/people/whatever, seem to try and avoid enemy players as much as they can. Commanders see a red name, they make the zerg run away and cap an empty keep instead. Why has the focus changed from getting fights, to just running around capping empty keeps and avoiding the ones that have defenders? Or even avoiding enemy players out in the open? That is the main problem with WvW these days and it really is quite annoying. If WvW went back to a point where we got some actual pvp, it would increase the experience for me tremendously.

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Happyangrycatfish.1725

Happyangrycatfish.1725

Truth. Seems like an obsession with caps and we just run around in circles capping what the enemy just capped. Making no progress because our caps get capped a minute later. People need to face the head on to wipe them out to get a lead.

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

In EotM this happens to due the focus on personal rewards.

In WvW this happens due to the focus on points, you get more points for a server if you cap fast instead of “wasting time” with a fight.

I guess the reason is that we have nowadays to few people for to many map most of the time. Much worser than a year ago. My server has probably only around 50% of the manpower it had a year ago! and as we are still nearly the same place in ranking I guess it’s the same for all servers.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Brewergamer.8357

In EotM this happens to due the focus on personal rewards.

In WvW this happens due to the focus on points, you get more points for a server if you cap fast instead of “wasting time” with a fight.

I guess the reason is that we have nowadays to few people for to many map most of the time. Much worser than a year ago. My server has probably only around 50% of the manpower it had a year ago! and as we are still nearly the same place in ranking I guess it’s the same for all servers.

Yea, I hate to say it but.. I think it would be best if they linked the servers for normal WvW like they do for EoTM. It’d be alot more populated and alot more fun.

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Dayra.7405

No this cannot be the solution it would destroy any team feeling.

Better adaptation to reduced manpower would be

• less teams, e.g. Less servers or (better in my view) alliances
  • less time for a match, 24/2 or 8/7 or just 4h once a week
  • less map during off time
  • smaller maps, e.g. all fight for the control of. a single objective like a more complex SM

Or a combination of them: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Proposal-combine-the-best-of-WvW-and-EotM/4181942

(edited by Dayra.7405)

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Brewergamer.8357

No this cannot be the solution it would destroy any team feeling.

How would it destroy any team feeling? Roflmao you remind me of those people that were screaming “NO! ARENANET WILL GO BANKRUPT IRL IF WE HAVE COSMETIC UNLOCKS!!!” when I suggested cosmetic unlocks before the wardrobe system came out. You can still play with your guild in EoTM, you can still play with your friends in EoTM.

In fact the way it is now.. the “team feeling” is destroyed because there is virtually no one to team up with because WvW is always dead, empty. Merging the servers to be like EoTM would bring back the “team feeling”.

Use your common sense before you post something.

EDIT: I also want to comment that you said “less servers” Merging servers is doing exactly that without actually shutting down the servers which can be bad on reputation.

(edited by Brewergamer.8357)

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Random assignment to teams will not really generate Team-fealing.
Or did you ever feel as member of a team in EotM?
Another thing are languages. A language homogen team is my preference (german only in my case), the babylonian language mix on the mega-servers is a mess, I don’t want that in teamspeak.

And if you don’t feel as team member, you only feel like maximizing personal rewards.
That’s why EotM is like it is. And we do not need another EotM-Karma train now on the WvW maps. One is enough.

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Filovirus.6258

Filovirus.6258

The “team” way of EotM is what you NEVER want in WvW. The day it happens WvW dies.
Period (there is far better rewards in EotM than WvW, and since both will be perma karma train with people not caring they’ll go to EotM or quit. Period.).

Merging the servers (or more exactly removing the last 6/9 on both NA/EU should have been done ages ago and would have probably kept WvW far more interesting and alive than now.

WvW IS dying. It’s simple to see, there is less queue in T1 servers on reset nights during season (WITH stacked servers) than there was outside season in tiers 4/5 a year or so ago.

In T7 we had servers during season who had HOURS long queues on EBG. There is no queues on EBG ever now (no, a 10/15 man queue resorbing in 10 mins once in a blue moon at reset isn’t queue).

MegaServers already hurt WvW a LOT by killing server community/pride, and making recruiting and making your WvW population grow really hard (since it’s pretty much impossible to recruit people from your server easily, and you are in fact nearly never teamed up on maps with people of your server.

The reality is you are teamed more often with people from “ennemy” servers guilds than people from your servers and other guilds.

You can’t anymore find people of your server, play with them, and introduce them to WvW easily.

We don’t need more of that, we need less of that and AT LEAST one Server only map for communication/recruiting/community purposes (and it’s been asked lots of times).

But we do need Anet to acknowledge for WvW what they in fact did for PvE : GW2 lost a LOT of players and there isn’t enough left to accomodate the number of servers they have, and they need to (drastically) reduce that numbers, before it’s too late, because empty WvW servers hurt the game a lot, and the transferts gems they get out of them aren’t worth it, because they lose far more from players leaving/stopping the game/not partaking into their game mode.

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Oh thought you were talking about WvW, but it turned out to be in EOTM. queensdale champfarm v2.0.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Brewergamer.8357

Oh thought you were talking about WvW, but it turned out to be in EOTM. queensdale champfarm v2.0.

I was talking about WvW, I meant making WvW lobbies like EoTM. Pair up 3v3v3 servers instead of 1v1v1 so that we have an actual population in WvW.

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Dayra.7405

1. Remove all current server assignment
  2. setup 12 new WvW-teams (3 German 2-3 French, 0-1 Spanish, 6 English for EU)
  3. remove the general team assignment during login! instead ask only for an assignment when you go to WvW and do not have one.
  4. if you do not enter WvW during a match you loose your assignment

This way you make sure number of people assigned to a team corresponds to number of people that play for a team.

1. if a team has a population of 110% of mean of all teams it is classified as full; 100-109% as high and it cost 500 gems to go there, below 100 medium and it’s free to go there.
  2. to switch server, you have to loose your assignment by a week of inactivity, such that you are asked to choose one.

Result: better filled and much better balanced teams than we have them today.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

I personally think it’s hilarious that they made a map (EotM) for players to avoid queues, when queues no longer exist in WvW except for a few hours a week for select servers.

FA

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

I know what you mean. the standard PUG zerg is all about capping and getting the karma. Even in CD which is very zvz driven we have those. I suggest getting your guild or changing guild/server to a more pvp driven guild/server. Although kcommanders do help with the points per tick they are quite boring. My guild we raid every day and go for nothing but kills and its really fun and when we are not raiding doing the regular pug zerg is very stale so I know exactly what you mean.

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

@Emendez & OP, going to a PvP centered server doesn’t solve his problem, it makes it worse! … OP needs to be on one the servers Emendez faces, so they can both have a good fight … or simply put, if all PvP-people go to a PvP centric server, they will have nobody to fight!

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

@OP if you are in EU silver league server and your server avoids the fights come to Aurora Glade . the only that we are not avoid* is fights , but be prepared to die a lot because we are playing most of the times outnumbered

p.s. we also avoid to be polite some times or socialized or stack to commander , but we are loving the fights . if it is ok for you , welcome to AG

The problem with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: VIK.6205

VIK.6205

By 2015, EOTM will be the new WvW!