The ramblings of an IOJ madman

in WvW

Posted by: JCKinz.2305

JCKinz.2305

My WVW Fun (The ramblings of an IOJ madman) -your results may vary-.

TS (Teamspeak) with a group of people having a good time Fighting, capping, defending and lots of joking around.

Stealing a cap or beating back a group trying to take your stuff or their stuff back (even better), while being as big pain in the kitten to the enemy servers as possible.

The Merge “my observations”.

The Good:
JQ has been welcoming to IOJ

It’s been nice having a reason to defend again. Toward the end prior merge IOJ just didn’t have a cavalry coming to help (NA time anyway) if you were defending. So there was no reason to defend because nobody was coming to help.

The Loot (I’m working toward the new WVW armor right now)

The BL changes, not as good as the old BLs but better none the less.

The Challenges: (first world problems)

JQ seems to be going thru some restructuring

For some of my fellow IOJ folks it feels like the sense of community is going. For them it’s like well I don’t see IOJ on any of the maps so… and I get it, it’s a loss of identity for us for sure.

Two TS severs. I bet almost all the servers are having this same issue.

Coverage issues; seems like little if any thought was given to this prior to pairings

The short term nature of the server combo: If this is a merge just call it that and move on. Then we as players can work to make it a community.
If not, well… I just don’t see how it will work out in the long run. My guess is the smaller severs will move into a bigger communities that have kept their names. Right now it feels like we as smaller severs are just going to be moved around kinda like the farm team. Sometimes it will work out and sometimes it won’t.

If you’ve read this far God help you. So here is part of my fix and wish list.

What Anet can do: (I do appreciate the work so far)

Sever merge: is only a short term fix but if it’s the new normal make it a permanent merge and move on. None of this changing every 3 month stuff

New Player Pipeline is a 1000% must: (then you wouldn’t need server merges because new blood could fill open spots)
It used to be map completion. I’m sure more than a few of you like me found wvw when we did map completion. I know the arguments for and against and I’m not saying the only way to get new people into WVW is map completion. There needs to be some draw for new people to come and stay at least for a few hours over a few days. It would also be helpful if they needed to interact with the community and get help etc… I can remember a bunch of times we helped someone take a tower or keep just because they needed it for map completion.

Skill Balance and gear balance: My Pet Peeve
Would be great if armor helped with those condies, Just saying. Nothing like having around 1k gold in PVT armor and getting 1 or 2 shot dead when you light up like a Christmas tree from condies. Large groups can handle the clears but small groups it sucks unless you run the cheese builds or constantly switch your build around.

Stacks. My other Pet peeve
This isn’t PVP, players who have been in world for a while should 100% have an advantage. Bring back stacks.

Ranks.
Make them spendable on something for those who have maxed out. How about guild cats or omega golems or something good like that. Or even an increase in WVW magic find. How about every 10 ranks is 1% increase.

And remember pay no attention to the man sitting in the corner in Garri mumbling to himself about how things used to be. Sooner or later I’ll get over it or they’ll put me
in a home whichever comes first.

With Love Asher Zar
Cmdr for Lost Guild runs, Tag for Pugs, general Havoc and pain in the kitten for enemies and friends alike.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

the rewards should help bring at least a few ppl. i agree with the armor idea.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

I sure wish Anet had done this about a month earlier, IOJ could have made a huge difference in filling in the JQ NA prime time hole, as it is now, we are hardly making a dent with our low population.

Also, I think Anet was a little off with their matching of servers. BG obviously didn’t need any help, and certainly not the help of the largest T8, ET.

I frankly think they could have lumped all 3 T8 servers and put them together with JQ while giving YB a T7.

TS will be a major issue; I’ve spent 100% of my time in the JQ TS; what happens when we get ripped apart and regrouped? This will be a major pain.

(edited by MaximillianVonSchatten.6278)

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

BG , JQ, YB, TC, DB should not be linked at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Sorceress.2387

Mighty Sorceress.2387

I just wanted to say thank you to the people of IOJ who have been pinning up and leading raids or actively havocing on the BLs. We appreciate all your work. You do make a difference, thank you! – Elphaba Crow

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

IoJ should have been linked with FA just for the satire of all the mass-transfers from IoJ to FA over the life of this game.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

Too much dream = nightmare. BG, YB, TC, DB, and Mag is the new king of PPT. I went from JQ to Mag to YB to BG. TC, DB, Mag probably have 50% or more of the population from JQ. When BG faces YB, we fought arrow carts. When BG faces JQ, we saw few turtles that are just plainly food for us.

The BG Super Munster!

in WvW

Dream In A Dream.7213

Too much dream = nightmare. BG, YB, TC, DB, and Mag is the new king of PPT. I went from JQ to Mag to YB to BG. TC, DB, Mag probably have 50% or more of the population from JQ. When BG faces YB, we fought arrow carts. When BG faces JQ, we saw few turtles that are just plainly food for us.

Can you type this in English?

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Translation:
JQ should be linked because they have lost too much population and have less population than T3/ T4 servers atm. Much of JQ has left server.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

IoJ should have been linked with FA just for the satire of all the mass-transfers from IoJ to FA over the life of this game.

I would have died laughing if that had actually happened, all the struggles would have really been for nothing at all xD

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Dream In A Dream.7213

Translation:
JQ should be linked because they have lost too much population and have less population than T3/ T4 servers atm. Much of JQ has left server.

TY

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I would have died laughing if that had actually happened, all the struggles would have really been for nothing at all xD

Never know… it might still happen in less than 3 months. LOL.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast