The single best matchup so far

in WvW

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

NSP vs SBI vs DR

Its Wednesday, and the difference is less than 3k between first and third. Had good fights all week and there been very little of one-sided encounters. Compared to last tournament or just regular matchups, its nice to have a match where everyone is likely going to try to win until the last hour.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I had noticed those scores as well. It is fun when the scores and fights are close.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I agree, its close. Score keeps going back and forth.

Although not many seem to be playing at my time.

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Yeah close. But when a DR thief goes down, and needs to rally, then immediately jumps up with half to full health. Or when a solo necro stealths then teleports…you know something is fishy. If they have to cheat to win, hollow victory. Anet has to get serious about hackers.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

inb4 closed for matchup thread =(

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

Yeah close. But when a DR thief goes down, and needs to rally, then immediately jumps up with half to full health. Or when a solo necro stealths then teleports…you know something is fishy. If they have to cheat to win, hollow victory. Anet has to get serious about hackers.

Bullkitten. You are talking about some roamers who weren’t even contributing that much to the ppt . Just get good and stop crying and making false accusations.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in WvW

Posted by: Sturmruger.3920

Sturmruger.3920

This is a very good match up. Enjoyed the epic fighting in Lord’s Room of SM tonight. Kind of makes me wish we had this match up all the time. Usually its a situation where we are getting steam rolled or we are running over someone. Not this time. Very well balanced match. Get the feeling its literally going to come down to the last second and any of the three could win it. Lots of fun had by all for sure. <S> NSP and SBI!

in WvW

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

The struggle is real!

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Axes.5108

Axes.5108

I agree OP it has been an excellent match-up. Thanks for the great fights SBI & DR not over yet but its been a very very fun last week. I think when ANET envisioned WvW it was match-ups like this, they intended. Congrats to the winner whom ever it may be One of the best weeks I have had in WvW in 2 years. Mods please don’t close this post I think the OP intended it as a positive post.

in WvW

Posted by: SolarWind.5693

SolarWind.5693

It has been a stressful but fun matchup. I too was thinking this is the kind of fighting that WvW was supposed to be like. There have not been any (not so) secret alliances or week long double teaming of one server. Each server is playing for #1 and not playing for second place like so many lame servers DR has played in the last few months (you know who you are, cough IOJ cough and others). Long hours put in by many on our server. Many giving it 100% and then more. I’m sure the other 2 are doing the same. It’s cliche to say we all won but seriously, no matter the winner, I am proud of the effort Devona’s Rest and I will remember this close match for a long time as it is and has been epic.

CMDR – Devonas Rest [WvW]

(edited by SolarWind.5693)

in WvW

Posted by: Atistheso.4657

Atistheso.4657

Only 19 hours to play and its still impossible to tell who is gonna win this…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: benjenx.6427

benjenx.6427

Check out this score. Wow. NSP has about 20 NA ppl pulling all nighters, here we go, SBI’s SEA is waking up.

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

Just saw the points for this match, this is how all matches should be in a perfect world. Hope you guys are enjoying it while you can.

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

All of Silver League is watching your matchup. The winner of the T4 matchup will determine the placements for a number of servers not in your matchup.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

If only all matches were like this.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Our SEA crew are MIA tonight so I’m thinking it’s going to finish NSP > DR > SBI.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

This has probably been the most exciting week in WvW in a long time. Every point counts and it’s going to be a stressful last 11 hours. Can’t wait to get out there in 3 hours (stupid work).

Whatever happens I just want to say thank you to everyone on DR, SBI and my fellow NSPers for sticking it out until the very end. It’s rare to see a matchup like this, and I’m so happy nobody has settled for 2nd.

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I agree this is an awesome week. It’s Just like in S2 when we beated CD in the last week. NSP usually wake up for WvW tournament. Not bad for a server that was in bronze when the the S3 was announced.

Great job and thanks to everyone in this match up. I don’t remember such a close match and I have been doing WvW on NSP since the beginning.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

We might cap our TS during prime at this point GG everyone!

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

SBI doesn’t show on Fridays so it’s a contest between the other two for the win.

in WvW

Tryxtr.6295

Why doesn’t SBI show on Fridays? And why isn’t SBI’s SEA crew on today?

in WvW

Posted by: Balfour.9046

Balfour.9046

If it wasn’t for night capping NSP would suck eggs and that is a fact, face it, embrace it, and live with it.

in WvW

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

If it wasn’t for night capping NSP would suck eggs and that is a fact, face it, embrace it, and live with it.

I’m sorry we’re giving it our 100%, seems not everyone likes close fights…

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

Why doesn’t SBI show on Fridays? And why isn’t SBI’s SEA crew on today?

Not sure. Maybe the SEA folk all go out partying on Friday nights. Hopefully they’ll all come home drunk and log in and fight til dawn.

in WvW

Tryxtr.6295

And what do you call SBI’s SEA group that comes on during the morning hours in NA when very few people are on? It’s an imbalance nobody can fix right now. Servers are going to have groups playing at different times and there’s nothing anybody can do about it.

Using NA times, NSP has more on overnight, SBI has more on in the morning, and as far as I can DR doesn’t have 1 time where they vastly outnumber anybody, but they always have the right number online to compete at any given time.

in WvW

benjenx.6427

You really don’t know what’s happened in this matchup, do you. NSP has been getting nightcapped all week, and myself and lots of NA ppl decided to pull all nighters tonight as part of a final push.

in WvW

benjenx.6427

…. as far as I can DR doesn’t have 1 time where they vastly outnumber anybody…

DR owns late NA prime (12-2 PST).

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

…. as far as I can DR doesn’t have 1 time where they vastly outnumber anybody…

DR owns late NA prime (12-2 PST).

But even then I’m not seeing us outnumbering the opposition by a lot. We usually turn things around around 4est and by 8est have regained some ground.

I think the only thing about this match up has been that the EU and SEA coverage on these servers are less blobby. The 2 nights I stayed up most of the SEA and EU guys were roaming.

in WvW

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

From the NSP side, I just want to say thanks to so many people who I saw working hard when I went to sleep and were still working hard when I logged in to help with a couple camps in the morning before going to work.

I bet there are similar efforts on the other servers. So very cool to be part of this

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet uses this matchup to argue how great and successful these tournaments are… but this is just one extraordinary example (NSP, for example, has had a bunch of people pulling all-nighters, going way above and beyond) …when it should be the norm.

Every week, every matchup should be three servers fighting for first place, resulting in close scores. It’s really a big fail on Anet’s part that this is not the case.

in WvW

Posted by: Azazel.8634

Azazel.8634

This has been the most fun week of WvW Ive ever been involved in, to whomever might win Great Job and thanks for the bags

in WvW

Posted by: Lorus.4218

Lorus.4218

I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet uses this matchup to argue how great and successful these tournaments are… but this is just one extraordinary example (NSP, for example, has had a bunch of people pulling all-nighters, going way above and beyond) …when it should be the norm.

Every week, every matchup should be three servers fighting for first place, resulting in close scores. It’s really a big fail on Anet’s part that this is not the case.

They cannot use this week as an example of the system working well because according to glicko this week should not even have happened. NSP has upset the tournament predictions 3/4 weeks and is coming 2nd in silver straight out of being in bronze.
This weeks shows a deeper complexity of this game, which is what keeps it alive and interesting. Glad to have experienced the week and the tourney personally, and hoping to see many more great matchups to come. NSP pride!

in WvW

Belorn.2659

Looking a bit outside the servers involved, and only looking at the score, it do look like the intended way a tournament should look like. Three sides going all out until the very last hour.

I could very much see a future where tournaments was tailored for this goal. Ignore ranks, population or coverage. Make interesting tournament matches where no one can predict who would win, and that is more interesting that “who is the best server”.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Been amazing…

Weeks been an all out brawl.

Good job to all three servers!

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

of the system working well because according to glicko this week should not even have happened. NSP has upset the tournament predictions 3/4 weeks and is coming 2nd in silver straight out of being in bronze.
This weeks shows a deeper complexity of this game, which is what keeps it alive and interesting. Glad to have experienced the week and the tourney personally, and hoping to see many more great matchups to come. NSP pride!

Eh, let’s be honest, YB handed NSP 2nd place during the matchups where they were together. This accounts for some of NSP’s “upsets”.

Regardless, I do give NSP props for beating SBI and DR. That is actually quite the upset!

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Looking a bit outside the servers involved, and only looking at the score, it do look like the intended way a tournament should look like. Three sides going all out until the very last hour.

I could very much see a future where tournaments was tailored for this goal. Ignore ranks, population or coverage. Make interesting tournament matches where no one can predict who would win, and that is more interesting that “who is the best server”.

It’d be really hard to do. NSP people put in a LOT of overtime this week (Thursday night to morning in particular), but a lot of it was because the difference between winning and losing was 4 ranks in the tournament (win = 2nd place overall, loss = 6th place overall) for all three servers.

If the difference were only between 2nd place and 3rd place, maybe people wouldn’t have tried as hard (we’re talking all-nighters for quite a few NSPers) and the match could easily have ended up a blowout.

So this match only worked because it was a perfect storm of each server having the opportunity to get 2nd place, as opposed to 6th (or worse, perhaps?).

In general, I think there’s almost no way to get a tournament with consistent close matches simply because of massive population/coverage differences between servers.

In any case, it was great to have a close exciting matchup like this. Great job NSP!

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

in WvW

Belorn.2659

Good analyze Lord Kuru. It might have simply been a perfect storm of circumstances, but I hope anet do take a look at it and see if there is something they can use to trigger it more times in the future.

in WvW

Posted by: Azazel.8634

Azazel.8634

That was so much fun, NSP PRIDE! TY to the people who grinded out over the last 24 hours, and to our commanders …. YOU ROCK!

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Amazing match! Just at the end, we had tons of commander tags up! NSP PRIDE!!!!

Attachments:

(edited by misterman.1530)

in WvW

Amurond.4590

Pretty surprised we managed to pull 2nd. Fun last few hours.

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

THIS is what WvW should be. A lot of NSP wanted to push for 2nd in the third week of the tourney, which would have put us against the dominant YB for 3 weeks in a row, and riding their coattails. Instead, we got the single most amazing matchup I have ever seen.

I’m proud to say I played, led, and followed during this matchup. I was there with the NA guys pulling all nighters during OCX primetime, and when I woke up to see that we didn’t lose our 1-2k lead during SEA, I cried.

90 minutes before the match ended, SBI and DR were only ONE POINT APART, and NSP had secured the win with only a 5k point lead! The fights were amazing, the PPT control was calculated, and even playing purely defense I was having the time of my life with some of the most awesome people I’ve gamed with.

NSP Pride all the way! You earned this, guys! And to SBI and DR – thank you for such an amazing week of play.

Also to every person that posted any kind of negativity in this thread: you are the reason these threads get closed. Just think about that for a minute.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: Mewdos.2580

Mewdos.2580

of the system working well because according to glicko this week should not even have happened. NSP has upset the tournament predictions 3/4 weeks and is coming 2nd in silver straight out of being in bronze.

Eh, let’s be honest, YB handed NSP 2nd place during the matchups where they were together. This accounts for some of NSP’s “upsets”.

Regardless, I do give NSP props for beating SBI and DR. That is actually quite the upset!

YB did not hand 2nd place to NSP, NSP fought for it. On the second week of the tourney, the matchup was NSP-SBI-YB. NSP was second place and SBI placed third. Third week of tourney, NSP was third (YB has massive SEA numbers and DB’s SEA crew started playing towards the end of the week). Last week, NSP-SBI-DR, NSP topped SBI again. Did DR and SBI hand NSP the 1st place on the last week?

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

Congrats to all three servers. Great match!

in WvW

Amurond.4590

YB did not hand 2nd place to NSP

lol

(edited by Amurond.4590)

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

How is this matchup thread not locked? lol

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

How is this matchup thread not locked? lol

Its not a matchup thread. Its a commentary on how awesome a theoretical match can be when it is balanced.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

YB was actually trying to force the other server into 3rd – not because of anything about NSP in particular but because DK doesn’t particularly like the other T3 servers. It didn’t work on DB in week 3, so this matchup happened. No coincidence that the one compelling matchup in silver league this season – and where for the first time in history things like bloodlust control and sniping yaks actually mattered – was one that YB wasn’t in.

For the first time I can remember, WvW worked as it was supposed to (or at least my best guess as to how it’s ‘supposed’ to work). Three relatively even servers, with different timezone advantages, who’d adjust their focus to keep any one from getting too far ahead. NSP timed their defensive rally perfectly and it paid off, leaving SBI and DR to fight over second place in the last 12 hours, and that only passed beyond doubt with 30 minutes to go.

It needed three even servers with no (or relatively little) bad blood, no remaining bandwagons and no sustained 2v1s. Getting those conditions right requires an enormous amount of luck in the present system.

(And a defensive effort was what kept NSP in front, rather than sheer numbers or karma training. Who’s ever heard of that in WvW?)

(edited by Ben K.6238)

in WvW

benjenx.6427

I mean, as the EB commander through Thursday night/Friday morn, I know that the key to our win was our multidimensional pressure (hitting small objectives in all the bls, spreading out both servers and giving us opportunities to pursue big targets), and our repeated defensive fights within SM. As by 3-4 am i was a zombie, I can only give the fight credit on those fights to my server mates, and it was a really good machup all week long. in addition to all that, we had our “celebrity” EU commanders on early in the week, and you can see the big ppt bumps in the Mos map. But on thursday and friday, our big commanders had to work, so we got hit by the early thursday SEA bump really hard. It was an uphill battle from then forward, but the NSP players all came out, some by pulling all nighters, some by calling in sick to work, but in the end, we punched above our weight just like we thought we could. I’m just so happy to be able to lead, and to be followed by, such a great server.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I mean, as the EB commander through Thursday night/Friday morn, I know that the key to our win was our multidimensional pressure (hitting small objectives in all the bls, spreading out both servers and giving us opportunities to pursue big targets), and our repeated defensive fights within SM.

more like… i spent a good 3 hours in nspbl during eu prime and there were 2 people in every camp and another 5 wandering around responding to help calls. that prevented both sbi and dr from getting any kind of foothold. we couldnt flip anything with smallish groups, so your big groups didnt need to respond.

i didnt see anything out of the ordinary from your enemy bl forces. they just had to be there running interference to hold our big groups out of nsp bl, and they were. we had our wps most of the day. so did sbi.

props to the defenders. i, for one, tried so hard to demoralize and it just wouldnt happen.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: ToDblD.9413

ToDblD.9413

Another commander and myself stayed awake for the final 37 hours of the match and co-commanded the NSP BL for the final 23 hours we knew every point would count so we managed the point tics and had the best group of player/defenders we could ask for. I don’t normally engage in the forums but I felt compelled to congratulate SBI and Dr on the best match up NSP has ever had , the great crew that helped us defended rather than chase champ bags, and everyone that played on all servers because that was the most fun I have ever had in guild wars 2. Can’t wait for another SBI / Dr/ NSP match up! Also to a few of the SBI and Dr roaming groups pushing NSP BL I have to give you props I play a lot of PvP and some of your guys target calling / switching , focused burst etc was phenomenal in those camps. Loved it had a great time , thanks to everyone that played !

(edited by ToDblD.9413)