The situation in Tier 1

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

I predicted this situation as soon as it was confirmed that you would be able to get your guild in reliably into EOTM.

It was pretty obvious to us here that this matchup would turn into a 1v1 with JQ vs BG. Howeve what many did not realize, was that JQ and BG still have big coverage gaps vs each other.

Without SOR in the mix, these gaps have been greatly amplified. Naturally, a percentage of the side during the heavily outmanned coverage period will also go to EOTM.

I predict an indefinite 1v1, and forced karma trains being the standard now most of the time in tier 1 as those wanting any action or not be blobbed to death will go to EOTM. While those still fighting for ppt will have too much ground to cover and too many easy objectives to cap ( they will go for undefended keeps to get their easy ppt).

Im also fairly certain, that EOTM will be the end of wvw ( Ive been saying this for months when EOTM and its mechanic were even first announced). This was mostly do to anets neglect and lack of action for the original wvw. There are simply to many positives to EOTM for regular wvw to overcome. Granted there are a ton of issues with EOTM as well, but hopefully this time Anet will address them faster.

Have fun! And hope Anet actually listens to player feedback this time for EOTM.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Aurust.8961

Current ppt in tier 1

JQ 590
BG 70
SOR 35

JQ WvW

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Oh my god, because T1 NA ain’t doing good because of maxed stacked servers, WvW is doomed? Drama much.

We in EU barely notice Eotm, still got good match ups, good fights and good numbers on all sides. Maybe unstack a little and find out there is a world besides who can buy the most guilds.

Eotm is a fun place to blow off some steam after the more ‘serious’ WvW. It wont replace it, maybe for servers doomed to fight a 24/7 maxed out blob server but not for the ones who still get good fights. I think Anet did great with their addition.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I don’t know whether to be proud of us or disappointed in us, honestly. I’m glad the majority of us have stayed in WvW and continue to defend our territory and fight for higher ground. But at the same time I feel like we’re taking advantage of BG and SOR going to EotM a bit too much. Either way, I’m not the soul representative of JQ so it doesn’t really matter… I’m not even in a guild. All I know is that I enjoy the organization and defense in JQ too much to spend much time in EotM. The longer I’m in Edge the more I miss my server because people in EotM are so disorganized I can’t handle it.

But I don’t predict Edge being the end of WvW. Things change, it’s evolution. If anything it may be a new era as a pose to an apocalypse. And as for the BG vs JQ situation, it’s pretty much JQ versus door right now. BG are tired of winning and SoR are tired of losing. JQ just want some time in the sun.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Aurust.8961

Oh my god, because T1 NA ain’t doing good because of maxed stacked servers, WvW is doomed? Drama much.

We in EU barely notice Eotm, still got good match ups, good fights and good numbers on all sides. Maybe unstack a little and find out there is a world besides who can buy the most guilds.

Eotm is a fun place to blow off some steam after the more ‘serious’ WvW. It wont replace it, maybe for servers doomed to fight a 24/7 maxed out blob server but not for the ones who still get good fights. I think Anet did great with their addition.

There are too many unbalanced matchups before eotm even started… eotm will only exaggerate this….. on NA anyhow dunno about EU.

Did any tiers not notice a downgrade in wvw quality?

JQ WvW

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: slayer.8175

slayer.8175

i think anet needs to make every BL into EotM. the only way they can fix this without removing the new map. because this is seriously bad.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Lostara.7109

Lostara.7109

There are too many unbalanced matchups before eotm even started… eotm will only exaggerate this….. on NA anyhow dunno about EU.

Ofc the matchups will be unbalanced if everyone move to t1. As Milkzz said spread out. You can choose between 24 NA Servers and 27 EU Server.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Not really, no. Then again, T3 and T4 servers are wholly unimpressive in every sense of the word.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Current ppt in tier 1

JQ 590
BG 70
SOR 35

Can blame that on BG NA guilds that went to EotM instead of their borderlands. I heard OnS had a fun time map hopping for awhile during NA prime. I also hopped into EotM at about midnight EST and guess who I found? KnT and EE…go figure

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Season 2 and even more grindy achievements connected to it will fix everything, dont worry!

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Most of t1 was offered a solution to all the pvd and they took it

Good for them

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

But at the same time I feel like we’re taking advantage of BG and SOR going to EotM a bit too much.

Your not taking advantage of SOR because SOR doesn’t care. We play for fights and bags not PPT. We don’t want to WvW anymore because BG and JQ play for PPT and just blob, sit In T3 towers with Arrow carts and then blob from one tower to the next tower thats the only time you will see them. And when they don’t run in the blob the fights are fun but short lived because then they blob back up and hit you with overwhelming numbers.

I also wouldn’t be proud I would be disappointed because people super stacked on JQ to win only to win because everyone on BG and SOR gave up because of the unnecessary stacking and blobing and bandwagoning going on in T1.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

We don’t want to WvW anymore because BG and JQ play for PPT and just blob, sit In T3 towers with Arrow carts and then blob from one tower to the next tower thats the only time you will see them. And when they don’t run in the blob the fights are fun but short lived because then they blob back up and hit you with overwhelming numbers.

In other words, they are playing WvW the way it was designed to be played — and doing exactly the same things you guys did when you thought you could win, and will likely be doing again after you’ve ignominiously sunk out of tier 1.

You “don’t want to WvW anymore” because you don’t think you can win. That’s all this boils down to, nothing more, nothing less.

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

We don’t want to WvW anymore because BG and JQ play for PPT and just blob, sit In T3 towers with Arrow carts and then blob from one tower to the next tower thats the only time you will see them. And when they don’t run in the blob the fights are fun but short lived because then they blob back up and hit you with overwhelming numbers.

In other words, they are playing WvW the way it was designed to be played — and doing exactly the same things you guys did when you thought you could win, and will likely be doing again after you’ve ignominiously sunk out of tier 1.

You “don’t want to WvW anymore” because you don’t think you can win. That’s all this boils down to, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes we know we can’t win, but this goes back to the days on being stuck in T2 with BG for months. SoR was always the underdog. So we made a decsion as a server a long long time ago to play WvW for fun not for points.

Except when we had Iron in the early days. Besides SoRs strong NA we have alsways had coverage problems. Don’t believe me go to Mos millennium and count how many times SoR has won any given matchup over the past year and a half and you will see this server has always had to fight tooth and nail for anything and a vast majority of the time SoR always loses.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

One data point on the first weekend when the new map is in does not lead to a very convincing conclusion.

-Puts up “the sky is falling” umbrella and walks off whistling in the rain

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

T1 will be fine. BG and JQ have a pretty intense rivalry now and will be at each other’s throats up until a 3rd server rises up to give us both a scare. It isn’t that hard for any server, T1 or T2, to fill up EB during prime time and have a useful force on their home BL; WvW plays reasonably well when two servers have a map presence, and if it gets lopsided in a particular time zone we’ll spill over into Edge more.

Scores are going to be really volatile the next couple weeks. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

If servers decide they want to move entirely to Edge, more power to them. The servers that still feel like playing the classic maps will rise to the top and battle each other for the top spots.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Welcome to how unbalanced every other NA tier has been for a long time. Enjoy your stay

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Sounds like NA problems. Even in T7 EU its not hard to que up EB or a BL if extra help is needed. Numbers have definitely fluxiated some but they always do EU servers are much more volatile than our NA counterparts it seems.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: raenen.5807

raenen.5807

Karma trains is all anet wants from wvw they have told you so for a long time now just look at the wxp list its all better ways of blowing stuff up better and faster. They put siege on the TP which has lead to golem wars. They keep stringing us along by saying just one more patch guys and you will see it get better. If they wanted anything other then karma trains they would have buildable blockades, wxp skills that help defend. An overhaul of the guild and commander system but nope we have a new map.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Why do you guys think we care about T1.

You recruit everything, made it impossible for lower tier servers to build up and move up, made a huge gap between you and T2 and yet you guys are out there recruiting more.

I coudn’t possibly care less if you have imbalanced PvDoor weeks for the rest of your matches, you brought it onto yourself

Commander Nachonix

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Taras.4367

Taras.4367

You recruit everything, made it impossible for lower tier servers to build up and move up, made a huge gap between you and T2 and yet you guys are out there recruiting more.

I coudn’t possibly care less if you have imbalanced PvDoor weeks for the rest of your matches, you brought it onto yourself

what stops you from recruiting? every server can recruit. you just gotta start

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Nobody cares about what happens in T1.

Just destack your servers and you will have a better time.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Are you blind? Because anet wants money, lower servers are a wasteland. 1800 gems to transfer to jade quarry and Kaineng. Which one you think people will go 2? Someplace populated or dead in pve and wvw.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Lower servers also can’t bankroll transfers like a T1 250-man blobfest can.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

Maguuma is recruiting

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Because not everyone is hard up on winning while others are sleeping…

Wvw scoring is dominated by coverage now, everyone knows it, and offhours population is limited, they’ve already chosen to stack a few servers, getting them to destack would be almost impossible.

What’s the incentive for guilds to move from a stacked offhours server to one without and potentially facing map blobs with 20ish during their entire playtime?

It takes are certain player type to relish those engagements, and they are a rare breed.

Say what you like, but the majority of wvwers just want to ktrain pvd.

That’s the reality.

Meega Kweesta

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Why would servers with natural concentrations of off-hours populations destack? JQ Asians, Dragonbrand Taiwanese, CD SEA, SoS oceanic… they dominate their timezone, always have plenty of people to play with, and the rewards flow when you dominate and cap lots of stuff. Oh, and it so happens that every single matchup ever is won by off-hours population.

The ppt race is kittened, and it looks like every server has realized it by now with the exception of 2. May be 1 after this week.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

But at the same time I feel like we’re taking advantage of BG and SOR going to EotM a bit too much.

Your not taking advantage of SOR because SOR doesn’t care. We play for fights and bags not PPT. We don’t want to WvW anymore because BG and JQ play for PPT and just blob, sit In T3 towers with Arrow carts and then blob from one tower to the next tower thats the only time you will see them. And when they don’t run in the blob the fights are fun but short lived because then they blob back up and hit you with overwhelming numbers.

Servers that are losing always say this. It makes them feel better about themselves.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Servers that are losing always say this. It makes them feel better about themselves.

Servers that wipe to a smaller and more organized force always say this. It makes them feel better about themselves.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Servers that wipe to a smaller and more organized force always say this. It makes them feel better about themselves.

LOL. That doesn’t even make sense as a comeback.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Oh man, i have no idea why TC wants to go t1. But SoR persist it will all be over in a week or 2 and if you can stabalize yourself in t2 it will feel like heaven compared to t1 and will probably attract guilds like Agg/NS to your server.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Oh man, i have no idea why TC wants to go t1. But SoR persist it will all be over in a week or 2 and if you can stabalize yourself in t2 it will feel like heaven compared to t1 and will probably attract guilds like Agg/NS to your server.

You just love to project dont you.

I mean SOS just loves to pvd during ocx.

See what i did there?

Meega Kweesta

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

1800 gems to transfer to jade quarry and Kaineng. Which one you think people will go 2? Someplace populated or dead in pve and wvw.

So go sentry simulator on JQ and BG?
Maybe people will see the light when there’s only a single t1 server left. That’s where this mindset ends you know, it’s happened in quite a few mass pvp games now.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I like all these silly people going on about how no one cares what happens in T1 like it’s the rich side of town and they’re having a hard time getting by with their used cars and no name food products.
I came up from a lower tier and I have only one thing to say:
The difference between lower and higher tiers are only the sizes of the zergs… There is very little else to differentiate between the two with the exception of nicer/meaner communities. I transferred up because I take WvW more seriously than the server I was on previously and I wanted to be on one that felt similarly.
I don’t support anyone buying guilds but to those that move to other servers under their own free will like myself (not in a guild), more power to you. It’s a flippin’ game, man…

Also, sorry, SoR… I forgot you like “to fight for bags.” You know where else you can get bags? PvE…
So… Go there… Shoo.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Hello Rooster, I actually hope SoS comes to tier 1.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Sabastian.7126

Sabastian.7126

I transferred up because I take WvW more seriously than the server I was on previously and I wanted to be on one that felt similarly.

Translation: I got tired of getting destroyed by other servers so I transferred to JQ, one of the most stacked servers, so I can talk smack on the forums and pretend that I am relevant at all.

Love all these non-factor clowns who bandwagon to JQ/BG just so they can chest-thump on the forums.

;)

Sanctum of Rall
born Sept 20 – died Nov 11. reborn August 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfbwJLw04I

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

i don’t think eotm will be the end of WvW. It is new and so people are checking it out. I personally do not enjoy eotm as much as regular WvW for the following reasons:

1. eotm is a bunch of randoms. i like recognizing the names of the people i fight with.
2. eotm is a zerg fest. It is always big groups running around. If you like smaller scale fighting, this is not the place to be
3. Too much PvE. I want to fight people, not random buffs and PvE events.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Almost all servers in NA are feeling a drop in numbers in WvW. From kitten t8.

SBI used to queue all BLs on reset night, and normally would have a very long queue for EB and SBI BL. This past reset, we queued 3 for a short time, and the queues were not that long.

Before EoTM, t2 NA was neck and neck, after EoTM, it isn’t even that competitive, even with all the transfers into those servers.

Yes, EoTM has put WvW on life support. Either you like EoTM, and stay on your server, or you don’t, and move to a server that will actually play to win. So, EoTM is going to spark the next round of server transfers.

SoR….I know how it feels to fall from t1, we (SBI), did it around this time last year. Hope your fall isn’t too hard.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

The Whambulance is on its way!

I have to laugh at this entire thread. Everyone is chicken little and oh my THE SKY IS FALLING.

EoTM is the new content. People like checking it out. Wait a bit and see how you look in a week or two.

Honestly, I see the future of this game moving to EoTM especially as time goes on and the gaming population decreases. EoTM is a great way to consolidate people on all servers into a single map so there will be people to fight.

EoTM is not the death knell of WvW. It is evolving into its next form.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

Lol reminds me of when Bloodlust Ruins first came out. Relax people things will balance themselves out as they always do after a couple of weeks of major changes to the game. All the people that enjoy playing WvW the way it suppose to be played stacked on JQ/BG, the people who enjoy a different aspect of the game are having fun in their own right. kitten , I mean personally I enjoy the fights and this whole thing is making me want to join SoR and find a good guild to raid with, whether in WvW or EotM I really don’t care.

I feel emotions when I think about you.

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

LOL. That doesn’t even make sense as a comeback.

Probably not, I havent been to t1. The point I was trying to make is that ppt people always use the score instead of lootbags as a way to determine who is winning.
Difference of perception.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

The situation in Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Greetings,

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum

The WvW Community has created a new space for Match-Ups and other off-topic discussion. You can find the Player Community-run site here:
http://www.GW2WvW.net