The state of wvw in t2

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Jethro.8725

Jethro.8725

sephiroth.4217
Just leave T2, let it rot and let YB PvD and 50 v 5 all they like.
Everyone I know that has left so far hasn’t looked back.

I agree with you on that. YB can 50 v 8 like the other night at Hills. They woke up half their server to chase us out. It was like a red river pouring over the edge of the wall just to take out 8 of us who dare try to take out the WP they built in our hills lol

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Everyone I know that has left so far hasn’t looked back

And when either FA or SoS drops into T3, getting replaced by another VERY HIGH server that can’t compete with YB, you’ll tell them to transfer too?

Once a T3 server jumps up into T2 and finds out how bad the game play is you’ll see the entire T3 players change how they play just so they DON’T go up into T2.

Exactly how T4 and below felt about going up when SoS and FA kept killing off T3. And that wasn’t for one or two months…. But you know, let’s all look the other way.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Memories are funny things. Sometimes things are better or worse than they really are based on your limited experience.

So I was curious how often each individual T2 server faced the T3 or lower servers during that rotation time period.

I looked at MOS starting at Nov 22nd when DB broke the wall. I ended at March 14th which is start of when DB stopped having T2 matches.

By my count,

DB – 5
SOS – 5
FA -3
YB – 2

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

The arms race killed T2…Just like it did when SoS killed it then FA after…Now it is YB’s turn.

Everyone was fine while FA sat atop the tier (this is sarcasm…people were complaining then while FA continued to stack), running blobs all day long. The problem now is you are seeing the fallout from months upon months of FA dominance. People got tired of it, and the GvG guilds leaving was the final issue that eventually opened up the flood gates of transfer. Couple that with the fact that FA is now seeing their fairweather pop. quickly bleed out, due to the YB dominance, and you have a recipe for what is happening in T2.

Similar to what happened back when SoS was the king of T2, and they decided way late in the game to make a T1 push. The only difference then was the GvG guilds outright quit the game, instead of xferring and creating the xfer vacuum to T3 that you see now.

Stacking servers, and begging for xfers will always inevitably end up like this…The fact that people do not learn is the saddest part. The same people clamoring for ANET to step in, are the same people that begged for them to step in and help the xfer issue months ago.

You made the bed, now enjoy it.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

bob.8632

And when either FA or SoS drops into T3, getting replaced by another VERY HIGH server that can’t compete with YB, you’ll tell them to transfer too?

Once a T3 server jumps up into T2 and finds out how bad the game play is you’ll see the entire T3 players change how they play just so they DON’T go up into T2.

Exactly how T4 and below felt about going up when SoS and FA kept killing off T3. And that wasn’t for one or two months…. But you know, let’s all look the other way.

T3 is currently win trading nicely to prevent any of the 3 from prematurely going into T2. Eventually it might happen, as a T2 server can just go “ded-status”, but right now it is fairly in T3s control to stay away from the T2 wall.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The two things that T3 can’t prevent, is a SoR type freefall by a T2 server, which will pull up a T3 server out of their happy place.

The other thing that will happen is when one of the four overstacked servers collapses, they will all land on one of the VERY HIGH servers and we’ll get a repeat of the YB disaster. I don’t think that the new population calculation mechanic will prevent this.

NA WvW doesn’t learn from history and we’re doomed to repeat it.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Exactly how T4 and below felt …. But you know, let’s all look the other way.

Exactly, Dhemize. And no one looked the other way except Anet. Volumes were written by players about it back then too, begging for some sort of match adjustments. You and Elizabeth only seem to have an interest in posting salt about servers and matches. There’s a forum for that and it isn’t here.

WvW is not a bubble. It is an interconnected system. There are cyclical waves that ripple through all tiers, that hit all servers. The population in this game that hasn’t quit has been moving upwards to recapture the large-scale WvW that they remember from earlier in this game (those that stayed didn’t care for that WvW style). That’s also the direction the wave of population loss has been moving. There’s only so much population this game will support.

It was telling that the player attrition from the lower tiers to the higher tiers was starting to take effect on T2 when Maguuma imploded and couldn’t be replaced. No T3 server presented itself as populous enough to compete in T2 (T3 for awhile before that had been struggling with unbalanced matches). The hole in population between T2 and lower tiers culminated in the stacking of DB and created the so-called meatgrinder between T2 and T4-sized servers. When that situation stabilized, T2 was left with a half-imploded SoS and even less population between T2 and lower tiers. It could be seen in the large glicko rating cliff between T2 and T3.

That wave has come to T2 and will translate into T1. No one is immune from this because WvW is a system. T2 population spread out to lower tiers and it is not enough to avoid any population holes that will present between T1 and T3. T3 servers will get sucked into a T2 they never had the population to compete in until a T1 server fails. In the past when a T1 server imploded, there was a server with close enough population to replace it. Those days are gone. T1 will be left a shell of what it was.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Similar to what happened back when SoS was the king of T2, and they decided way late in the game to make a T1 push.

Heh, SoS never decided to push T1 as a server. Plenty of meetings, plenty of pledges to PPT but nothing eventuated.

Eventually a lot of guilds got bored and left for various servers including FUG, BEAR, TS, Dx, lion etc.

#historicalaccuracy

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

ArenaNet, if they are at all reading this, they NEED to put Yak’s Bend up to T1 next week and once they have been satisfied, put Fort Aspenwood into T3 for the week after that. As someone in SoS, I am not very confident either FA or SoS can handle the T3 servers at the moment. That is how bad it is… FA and SoS really need something fresh so we know where we stand. ArenaNet knows very well that they can change the matchups, and why they are not taking an active role in it is just flat out bad customer service. Don’t tell us your “working on HoT”, this is one of your CORE game modes and needs someone to actively manage it to keep it balanced. If there is someone in that job position right now, they are not doing their job, and proper steps need to be taken to remedy this situation.

YB – would be decimated by ANY T1 match period. They cannot compete. The Guilds that went to YB from BG and/or JQ were the crap k-train blob mentality ones. Unfortunately, they didn’t take the rest of them with them.

Right now in T1, the only server that wants to fight is TC. BG has some great guilds (and will fight open field except when in a blob) and they have seemed to get it together. Also, since school season is upon us, BG and JQ will see a decrease in their amount of players on, etc. It will all balance out in the end.

In the end, we will have to wait for the A.Net changes in WvW to really see what will happen.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

ArenaNet, if they are at all reading this, they NEED to put Yak’s Bend up to T1 next week and once they have been satisfied, put Fort Aspenwood into T3 for the week after that. As someone in SoS, I am not very confident either FA or SoS can handle the T3 servers at the moment. That is how bad it is… FA and SoS really need something fresh so we know where we stand. ArenaNet knows very well that they can change the matchups, and why they are not taking an active role in it is just flat out bad customer service. Don’t tell us your “working on HoT”, this is one of your CORE game modes and needs someone to actively manage it to keep it balanced. If there is someone in that job position right now, they are not doing their job, and proper steps need to be taken to remedy this situation.

YB – would be decimated by ANY T1 match period. They cannot compete. The Guilds that went to YB from BG and/or JQ were the crap k-train blob mentality ones. Unfortunately, they didn’t take the rest of them with them.

Right now in T1, the only server that wants to fight is TC. BG has some great guilds (and will fight open field except when in a blob) and they have seemed to get it together. Also, since school season is upon us, BG and JQ will see a decrease in their amount of players on, etc. It will all balance out in the end.

In the end, we will have to wait for the A.Net changes in WvW to really see what will happen.

The real problem is that if YB eventually goes to T1, the only thing that the T1 server that YB replaces can do is PPT as hard as they can to try and not lose glicko.

Even if YB gets smashed in T1, just by getting points their glicko score should rise. T1 will be unbalanced, T2 will be unbalanced and so will T3 as FA drops.

Only when enough players destack off of one of the top four servers will we see balance return to NA WvW.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Elizabeth Reed.9173

Elizabeth Reed.9173

FA dominated T2 for most of the winter and spring, bottom line. There was no need to have a tag team partner. FA did fine alone. That doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen. I’m sure with all the $10.00 alts some friends would have made deals at odd times but to say it never happened would be as silly as saying SOS was FA’s slave.

Having SOS, DB, and YB made a nice T2 but FA should have moved up to T1 at least once to see how they would have faired. YB should be allowed to try their blob against JQs blob now as well.

The PPT was never that close on a regular basis. We won by substantial amounts so we weren’t eeking out 20 points per tick.

FA didn’t need any help from SOS, DB, or YB to win and who in this game can really make a deal and speak for the whole server. This isn’t JQ and BG on T1 keeping the glicko set.

Hmmm…. another FA person trying to make the case that FA did it all by themselves. Unfortunately that argument doesn’t hold. Without SoS, FA could never have the coverage they needed to dominate. They were strictly a blob mentality group – that is, they only knew how to win one way – through overwhelming numbers. Tactically and strategically they were inept as evidenced by the way YB ran rings around their large slow-moving blobs. They never made it to T1 through all their months of dominance. That says it all.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

The real problem is that if YB eventually goes to T1, the only thing that the T1 server that YB replaces can do is PPT as hard as they can to try and not lose glicko.

Even if YB gets smashed in T1, just by getting points their glicko score should rise. T1 will be unbalanced, T2 will be unbalanced and so will T3 as FA drops.

Only when enough players destack off of one of the top four servers will we see balance return to NA WvW.

TC is the smallest of the T1 servers, population-wise. In fact, even YB actually has a higher population than TC (remember this is the NA RP server) and yet, TC does keep up with the other T1 servers. The thing is, both the amount of population AND scores are important (what A.net is trying to factor in also). Right now the only reason JQ and BG have such a big presence is because it is summer vacation. In a week or so, this will all change.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

bob.8632

Similar to what happened back when SoS was the king of T2, and they decided way late in the game to make a T1 push.

Heh, SoS never decided to push T1 as a server. Plenty of meetings, plenty of pledges to PPT but nothing eventuated.

Eventually a lot of guilds got bored and left for various servers including FUG, BEAR, TS, Dx, lion etc.

#historicalaccuracy

It never eventuated because you

decided way late in the game to make a T1 push.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/191
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/193
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/195
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/197
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/199
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/201
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/203
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/205
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/207
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/history/209

You can see in those weeks SoS was dominate and in the weeks prior they were content to “skirt” the rating gain each week (IE: win most of the time, but with overall rating gain in primarily in mind; similar to what T3 servers are doing with T2 atm). Starting the first week I linked, a concerted push was noted also marked by the beginning of the end for Maguuma who no longer cared to sit in T2 with SoS content to sit atop the tier doing nothing.

This all leads up to the last season that WvW actually had….

The historical accuracy professor takes his leave now.

(edited by bob.8632)

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Sungtaro.6493

Eh? I think enough current T3 players are already quite familiar with current state T2.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

Yes, but it’s beyond their control to change the inevitable.

YB’s overstacking will eventually affect T1 through T3 and possibly T4

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

overstacking ruined t2. Basically killed roaming too

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Sungtaro.6493

No sympathy, organized double team to crush their precious PPT for weeks at a time until they wear down, SBI and Maguuma did it to DB months ago to straighten out T3, T3 is pretty kitten fun now I gotta admit, it will work against Yaks, it doesnt matter how blobby they are kill their rating even it’s it’s wooden towers and supply camps. Send them the message that they are NOT going to Tier 1 and watch the kitten hit the fan.

Yes please, that would be fun. Not sure if FA/SoS has the manpower/orgnaisation at this point to pull it off though, but please, prove me wrong.

Unfortunately, I believe the phrase get used to disappointment applies here.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: rhejeckt.5791

rhejeckt.5791

I correlate so many things to songs. After reading these posts I have come up with a theme song for the various tiers. Remember, it’s all in fun and, hopefully, a break from all the seriousness in this thread:

tier 1: Bad Boys, Bad Boys-whatcha gonna do when they come for you? (referring to YB)
tier 2: Oh It’s crying time again-you’re gonna leave me (referring to guilds moving off to other destinations)
tier 3: Run for the Hills; Run for your Life (referring to FA/SOS dropping)
tier 4 & below: You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes-you get what you need (Not a higher tier but enjoying your communities )

I am certain there are better songs for each, but these came to mind & were instigated by the posts in this thread.
Now, please continue :P I realize this is a serious situation as far as a MMO game goes, but a brief intermission so everyone involved can breathe…

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I correlate so many things to songs. After reading these posts I have come up with a theme song for the various tiers. Remember, it’s all in fun and, hopefully, a break from all the seriousness in this thread:

tier 1: Bad Boys, Bad Boys-whatcha gonna do when they come for you? (referring to YB)
tier 2: Oh It’s crying time again-you’re gonna leave me (referring to guilds moving off to other destinations)
tier 3: Run for the Hills; Run for your Life (referring to FA/SOS dropping)
tier 4 & below: You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes-you get what you need (Not a higher tier but enjoying your communities )

I am certain there are better songs for each, but these came to mind & were instigated by the posts in this thread.
Now, please continue :P I realize this is a serious situation as far as a MMO game goes, but a brief intermission so everyone involved can breathe…

Tier 8: Running on Empty

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Lach.7031

Lach.7031

This is not like before… people are not just going to lower tier servers. THEY ARE LEAVING THE GAME (i’m close to leaving as well).

My guild quit WoW to come here and they are gone now for good.

Guild Wars 2 is it not supposed to be about guilds battling it out or is this turning into a pve/costume carebear game (wait it already is).

kitten

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Lach.7031

Lach.7031

Let us see what “Saturday’s” pax announcement has in store for us…

Always waiting the wvw people are.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Hot release date is my guess, but ash can of Glicko going to 1 up 1 down in wvw is my hope…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Pretty much yer, you can either enjoy the game or sit in T2 and complain on forums all day waiting for Anet to fix the problems, and lets take a moment to think about how many times they have manually intervened WvW match ups in the last 3 years….

They need money for HoT.
Only point to WvW servers is to make gem sales.
Anet locked transfers shortly after T1 moved, they saw this on the spreadsheet.

Now think really hard, Why would they lock up transfers after one of the most broken and active tiers in the game became over stacked, then they make an official post implying low tier servers should be seeing more people? They knew what they were doing.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Pretty much yer, you can either enjoy the game or sit in T2 and complain on forums

You forgot the other choice: you can transfer and complain on forums about feeling forced to transfer.

Chaba Tangnu

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Pretty much yer, you can either enjoy the game or sit in T2 and complain on forums

You forgot the other choice: you can transfer and complain on forums about feeling forced to transfer.

I did that choice! but no complaints, I’ve been having a blast in my tier fight wise!

Even duels on side of SM have been fun without getting zerged off, instead the zerg goes around the groups! Seems the tier I’m on tries to encourage friendly fights all round.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

overstacking ruined t2. Basically killed roaming too

T2 has had one or another overstacked server for more than a year. TC was overstacked then SoR imploded and TC moved up, SoS was overstacked for a long time, then FA took their turn to be overstacked, and now YB is overstacked.

Seems the nature of the playerbase to want to overstack one server or another.

I would advocate that it’s time for ANet to blow up Glicko as Liston has said, and just make it winner up loser down. For all I know it would be just as terrible, but new terrible is better than this mess.

(edited by Kaiser.9873)

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Whats worse FA is bleeding actual WvW guilds and are still listed as full.

We cant even move people here if we wanted. ANet is f-ing t2 over.

Not anet lol its people who are stacking up so hard in one server. Things aren’t going to be better until people transfer out of YB

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

So YB gives 24/7 fights.

SoS is open so people from like mongolia and australia can still stack for guaranteed fights.

FA still hitting full threshold somehow. I know they lose to YB pretty badly but it’s gotta open sometime soon too.

Thinking the real problem is bandwagons can’t overstack and a lot of people don’t like that…

JQ subsidiary

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

So much whine from T2, here’s some cheese

Dtox

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Sungtaro.6493

So much whine from T2, here’s some cheese

What? Is this still the 90s? Is someone going to tell us to talk to the hand next?

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

You all act like you’ve never seen a bandwagon before. At least this one will accomplish what others never have or bothered trying to do.

YB will go to T1. That much is basically known.

Once in T1 YB will certainly go full tryhard mode to steal glicko. Right now I feel like a lot of the WvW vets are on casual mode until there’s more to do. Whether or not there will be a 2v1 in T1 is unknown (but expected) and I think YB will hold their own. We’ve been through the same garbage in T2 when the others were attempting to push us out of the tier. We’ll be fine and ready to fight. I don’t think it’s the intention of YB to place 1st in T1, much less remain there permanently.

As for whoever drops it’s likely they’ll be around the same level. It’s up to FA and SoS to decide if they want to come out and fight a new server (and maybe regain glicko) or continue to roll over and sink to T3, where the rotation will screw over where the GvGs went.

As for the “ripple” in the tiers, that’s on the players that think it’s a good idea to move down a single notch and think “good enough!” without thinking about future developments. I don’t think the GvG guilds that ran away put any thought into where they moved. Honestly, they should have moved even lower. As I said in the early days, I don’t know why they don’t just move to T8 where it’s free of PPT and maps are always open. We only see this now after how many years?! It only took new coding to make something happen…

In the end, I don’t really care because if everyone wants to keep kittening away gems every month to move to the new flavor of the week tier they think is safe, go for it. Don’t blame a few for the actions of many. You all screwed up.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

TC is the smallest of the T1 servers, population-wise. In fact, even YB actually has a higher population than TC

What is this based on?

Right now the only reason JQ and BG have such a big presence is because it is summer vacation. In a week or so, this will all change.

Yet people keep saying that pop goes down during summer holidays cause players are doing other things. And JQ doesn’t have a huge NA presence which is who the holidays pertain to.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

#historicalaccuracy

You can see in those weeks SoS was dominate and in the weeks prior they were content to “skirt” the rating gain each week (IE: win most of the time, but with overall rating gain in primarily in mind; similar to what T3 servers are doing with T2 atm). Starting the first week I linked, a concerted push was noted also marked by the beginning of the end for Maguuma who no longer cared to sit in T2 with SoS content to sit atop the tier doing nothing.

Lol @ you thinking Maguuma got tired of T2 because SoS didn’t push for T1. You can’t infer from glicko charts what goes on in the tier and that’s what I’m telling you, SoS didn’t even WANT to push for T1 as a server that’s why guilds left. Same with FA. Maguuma just got bored of GW2 and mass quit to other games, their big players like Duke/Nacho left WvW to do other stuff and that’s why they collapsed, not because they got bored of being PPT stomped (Hint: Mag gives 0 kittens).

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

curious. who is actually left in t2 outside of YB in NA?

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Jay.7546

Jay.7546

Best I understand it as a T1 player basically a bunch of T1 guilds moved off BlackGate and saved JQ from going down. That caused a lot of the stagnation rather than letting JQ drop. Over time that kinda cross competition got the better of people and there was a lot of drama about how those guilds “made” BlackGate. Other groups moved off BlackGate as well onto other servers like TC. Tempers flared, and a lot moved down to YB to prove that they could dislodge BlackGate because they weren’t able to do so from T1 which they’d have to blow out BlackGate each week (and it wasn’t working despite them staying up crazy hours) cause T2 just wasn’t able to push up past the gap.

Thanks for posting this explanation, it’s pretty much how I’ve heard it. Something bothers me with what’s happening in T1 now though. BG came in third a few weeks ago right after the moves. I figured that would be the new trend due to their loss of personnel. Losing so many would make it hard for them to win or compete like before. But then the oddest thing happened, BG won the following week. JQ’s blobby blob didn’t roll them off the map and somehow BG is winning again this week. How is that?

(edited by Jay.7546)

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Best I understand it as a T1 player basically a bunch of T1 guilds moved off BlackGate and saved JQ from going down. That caused a lot of the stagnation rather than letting JQ drop. Over time that kinda cross competition got the better of people and there was a lot of drama about how those guilds “made” BlackGate. Other groups moved off BlackGate as well onto other servers like TC. Tempers flared, and a lot moved down to YB to prove that they could dislodge BlackGate because they weren’t able to do so from T1 which they’d have to blow out BlackGate each week (and it wasn’t working despite them staying up crazy hours) cause T2 just wasn’t able to push up past the gap.

Thanks for posting this explanation, it’s pretty much how I’ve heard it. Something bothers me with what’s happening in T1 now though. BG came in third a few weeks ago right after the moves. I figured that would be the new trend due to their loss of personnel. Losing so many would make it hard for them to win or compete like before. But then the oddest thing happened, BG won the following week. JQ’s blobby blob didn’t roll them off the map and somehow BG is winning again this week. How is that?

Pretty simple BG had a a lot of players who hadn’t been playing who were motivated to come back plus I think they pulled longer hours.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

bob.8632

#historicalaccuracy

Lol @ you thinking Maguuma got tired of T2 because SoS didn’t push for T1. You can’t infer from glicko charts what goes on in the tier and that’s what I’m telling you, SoS didn’t even WANT to push for T1 as a server that’s why guilds left. Same with FA. Maguuma just got bored of GW2 and mass quit to other games, their big players like Duke/Nacho left WvW to do other stuff and that’s why they collapsed, not because they got bored of being PPT stomped (Hint: Mag gives 0 kittens).

I am on mag…genius…And I am telling you what happened based on talks with your commanders back in the day.

It wasn’t just about Maguuma, but Mag quit because AA and the fact that it was a constant PPT race to stay in T2 and all the while the guilds from other servers were already dropping out of the gvg scene. And the reason it was a constant PPT race is because your off hours folks were dooring everything they could find. It made it pointless to try and keep up the PPT treadmill. People tried to talk SoS into pushing for T1 earlier, but your NA wouldn’t go for it. I think it was your off peak dudes that were for it and ultimately they are the ones that pushed the hardest in the matches I posted. Mainly because according to them they wanted to get into kitten have something to fight while NA slept.

Maybe if bear wasnt such a non-factor you would know this.

(edited by bob.8632)

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

BG is known as a server with the largest WvW population, and a ton of “sleeper agents”. They used to take weeks off, and would make 1 push week every now and then just to prove they can get #1 whenever they want to. BG players said this themselves so it’s no conspiracy theory.

They’ve also said BG with sleeper agents like to play the victim role and accuse other servers for being over-stacked. This way they gained sympathy and benefited from getting a lot of transfers, because people thought they actually needed help. When in fact they only lose the weeks they decide to take off and not play. It was said they do this so they can be sure to win season tournaments when they come around again.

Truth is BG is the most stacked server in the entire game. The fact that they can summon omniblobs like no tomorrow even after losing so many guilds to T2 proves it. Note that they aren’t getting new transfers since the population changes, so the sleeper agent theory proves to be true. BG consistently fields 2-3 map blobs during NA, while JQ can only field 1 blob during NA and have a small queue on 1 map. Yet we’re accused as being the blobby server, I find that ironic.

I don’t care for the server politics or all the guild fighting on the forums. But it would appear guilds that left for YB will soon get to fight guilds they dislike. BG isn’t going anywhere, and YB moving up is inevitable. They’ll get to duke it out and have their manhood contest soon.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Ash.5034

Ash.5034

Anyway, after all the squabbling, there are real problems in how WvW is run (IMO).

- The current system makes it very hard for servers to advance up tiers.

- T1 have been allowed to ‘game’ the system and wall off t1.

- Anet allows mass transfers to one server at a time.

Combine that, you end up with ‘stacked’ servers crushing other players for many weeks at a time.

I think very few players enjoy that.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

The glicko system is far from perfect, but when YB originally was planning a push, the very guilds that are now whining about T1 being boring and wanting to break the wall intentionally used that system to manipulate the T1 matchup into locking itself into place. I happened to be on JQ when one such guild placed alts on BG and came to JQ with their guild leader giving a speech on “saving JQ from a fate in T2.” I have no pity for these guilds who complain that they moved because T1 was a bore knowing that they had a hand in ensuring that the glicko system worked in their favor to prevent YB – and later FA – from moving up, with or without an intentional push.

The only “good” thing to come of the match manipulation by these guilds? The population is spreading out to some degree. The bad news are the people who quit the game entirely – it affects the bottom line for Anet and with less players fighting for a better WvW scene, there’s even less incentive for Anet to fix it.

Ele for Hire

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

TC is the smallest of the T1 servers, population-wise. In fact, even YB actually has a higher population than TC

What is this based on?

YB has queues. TC, other than reset, generally does not. Actually it isn’t unusual for TC to have the outmanned buff on 1 or 2 of the maps during NA primetime (again, other than reset)

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

What is this based on?

YB has queues. TC, other than reset, generally does not. Actually it isn’t unusual for TC to have the outmanned buff on 1 or 2 of the maps during NA primetime (again, other than reset)

Replace “TC” with “BG” or “JQ” and your quote is still true. Tier 2 has had far more NA players for a long time, tier 1 was just isolated and has better timezone spread.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Let us see what “Saturday’s” pax announcement has in store for us…

Always waiting the wvw people are.

I’m thinking that’s a pve announcement not wvw.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

What is this based on?

YB had a short queue on reset, and none since (that I’ve seen). In fact, last night the outnumbered buff kept popping as we’d hop maps trying to defend stuff/look for fights.

Obviously, all the top 4 servers have massive numbers, but many are in casual mode or taking a break. On YB, because it’s really boring in WvW right now, and on BG/JQ/TC because it’s super stale and noone cares much about winning or PPT.

As soon as YB gets lucky and rolls T1, I’m sure we’ll all see huge queues for much of the week.

On YB because we’ll have finally realized our goal. We also have plenty of “sleepers” which is why we have traditionally overachieved in seasons. You can bet many of them will come out in force for a T1 matchup.

T1 servers will see big queues because of fear of losing too much glicko and temporary banishment to the dead tier.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The reason the mass transfer for some guilds to T2 was to try and shake up the T1 lock down by driving one of the 3 servers down.

The problem is, the 3 T1 servers are so lodged in place, it’d take roughly 10-12 straight weeks of one of them being destroyed (like we see happening in T2) to even have the chance for one of them to move down. The match-up is still relatively even, so none of those servers are moving anytime soon, not unless they deliberately tank.

The only way I can for-see any type of shake up is if any of the T1 guilds get bored and end up moving down into T2 as well to add a little more flavor to the match up. I can’t really see that happening either.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Liston.9708

There is a difference in YB passing one of the other servers and YB getting within RNG roll of a t1 matchup. That chance is about 32% compared to 20% last week. Eventually RNG will put YB in a t1 matchup as the number of rolls increases along with the % chance.

Only once it happens will it be determined if it is a one off, semi frequent RNG roll, or more….

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

There is a difference in YB passing one of the other servers and YB getting within RNG roll of a t1 matchup. That chance is about 32% compared to 20% last week. Eventually RNG will put YB in a t1 matchup as the number of rolls increases along with the % chance.

Only once it happens will it be determined if it is a one off, semi frequent RNG roll, or more….

The way I understand it as others have explained. The “roll” isn’t even possible until about week 10 and that is only under the condition that one of the T1 servers gets destroyed for about 10 weeks straight to push them within range of an RNG roll to move down.

If that is in fact true, YB wont be entering T1, not unless one of the T1 servers deliberately tanks. As much as I’d like to see a shakeup, I don’t think we’ll see one until the population changes come.

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Liston.9708

There is 32% chance this week Of the roll. Was 20% chance last week…. There is a matchup wish list thread on this forum that is updated weekly and coveragewars2.com also shows the percentage. These reflect the percentages of a matchup on the upcoming reset not a projection of the future weeks down the road. The forum post is based on when Snowreap ran the magic. Coveragewars2 run the same thing I believe, but is as current as the page refresh.

Snowreap.5174 on these forums can explain how it works…. ( it is somewhere in that thread)
———————-
Now rolling a t1 match versus becoming server #3 in Glicko are 2 different things. I’d rather they got rid of Glicko myself and go 1 up 1 down, but that is a different discussion….

(edited by Liston.9708)

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

News flash

FA is now VERY HIGH
SoS is now HIGH

I expect two weeks from now FA will be HIGH and SoS will be MEDIUM

The state of wvw in t2

in WvW

Liston.9708

News flash

FA is now VERY HIGH
SoS is now HIGH

I expect two weeks from now FA will be HIGH and SoS will be MEDIUM

Wonder if the gvg exodus is finally kicking in with the further exodus reflecting the status as you project……