in WvW

Posted by: Stuwy.9352

Stuwy.9352

As you know, if you have the buff, you will receive a point for your server

My opinion is that it is too much powerfull

Because:
a camp = 5 points = 5 stumps
a tower = 10 points = 10 stumps

So the question is how many stumps do you normally do during 15 minutes (when you get the points for your territory)?

Dont forget you can multiply the effect by having multiple buff in the different maps

So what will do the players?
What give more points?

According to me, the buff and the stumps.

So the blob (not the roamers as intended) will stay at the center of the map and kill/ stump ppl. It is more important than a tower even a castle.

And in my opinion, the pervers effect is that a server without buff will not leave the spawn or their fortress. They will avoid by any cost any fight, any confrontation.
The ppl will be yelled at because they give points by dying to the ennemy.

So the buff will discourage ppl to die, so to fight.
It will discourage ppl to move in small number because you are more vulnerable.

So my suggestion is to remove the stump / buff.

Concerning the other buff (+50 stats), you should change it by an other buff like magic find, + Xpm, gold, karma or reduce cost of armor repair. I think it is motivating enough.
Creating an unblance is never good.

So it was a small psychology for a player
I expect the worst as a result of the stump buff

The futur will tell us…

(edited by Stuwy.9352)

The stumping buff will create perverse effect

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Sounds like why SPvP sucks… avoid the fight as much as possible. This is Anets vision of good WvW. Swap towers, avoid fights with actual players = get rewarded.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Stuwy.9352

Stuwy.9352

I expect more like:

Get the buff, Spawn kill with sieges

in WvW

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

That won’t work, you have to stomp the people for the points. Sieging them to death will award you no points(and may God have mercy on your soul).

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s fine, but only because literally zero people care about the total score. It will be even less important when the leagues start because most matches will be over way before they begin.

The whole buff should just be +100% MF when in WvW, and that’s it.

By the way, anyone feel that this new area in the ruins is suspiciously like sPvP? Is this just another ploy to push us towards sPvP?

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I think you are over reacting, I normaly stomp between 2/5 ppl each 15 mins, in the same time I can cap 1/2 sentrys and 1 camp, so I will get something like 10 points/15 mins for my server.
I very love this new system, it could give the low populated server more chance to win the mach up, or at least having some fun in the borderland.
Roamers will have the possibility to balance the outcome a machup.
I think servers like Piken Square and Gandara, or any server with lots of roamers will be stronger than before compared to stacked servers like Vizunah.
coordination and guild/groups skill will have much stronger impact

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Arent the buffs cumulative? 50stat and 1point per buff? So the dominating server could end up with 3 points per stomp?

Its still a bad system. People will get mad at new, inexperienced players for dying and feeding the enemy points.
People already abuse supply by wasting it. I give it 10min after the patch before the first spies are willfully throwing themselves at their allies on another server, to feed them points.

Two Thieves near your spawn and a spy can feed them more points then a tick of a Keep.

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Roamers will have the possibility to balance the outcome a machup.
…. any server with lots of roamers will be stronger than before compared to stacked servers like Vizunah.
coordination and guild/groups skill will have much stronger impact

And….there is were Shadows appear.
Looking forward tomorrow.
Stomping points give some reward to killing players (it was stupid to get more points from killing a dolyak than killing an enemy), it gives some meaning to fighting from the ground and to acomplish stomps…Summarizing, it gives meaning to many actions that previously had not.
As a dedicated veteran roaming brotherhood this is our bread and butter.

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

(edited by Haltair.3062)

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Stomping for points is the only thing I am looking forward to in this update.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

In big zerg fights most defeats come from damage anyway, not stomps.

But I actually like it. Brings a whole new layer of strategy on the field, not only in capturing and holding the bloodlust points, but also protecting your own team members from being stomped.

Maybe we need to get a mercy shot ability for ranged

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Sounds like why SPvP sucks… avoid the fight as much as possible. This is Anets vision of good WvW. Swap towers, avoid fights with actual players = get rewarded.

Yep. I see commanders avoiding fighting other zerg clusters all the time.They are content with flipping towers and keeps against NPCs or siege.

This was before the ascendant gear crafting mat crap and I have no idea why people who are afraid of pvp -it’s a game..- come to WvW. Pathetic and what is even more pathetic is the Anet wvw devs rewarding them.

in WvW

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Personally I see this as MORE reason for fights as you can get points off them. In close fights it lends more credence to battles and strategy. In fights where you’re already getting trounced, who cares if they get even more points?

Though I would like to see an internal timer set against stomp points to hinder alt account farming… something like once a person is stomped, they don’t count again for 10-15 mins.

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

This isn’t a reason to avoid fights…this is a reason to actively hunt down fights and WIN them. Sure, if you go around getting smeared across the landscape, then you’ll be giving the other server a lot of points, but if you’re actually competent, this means you can rack up a massive amount of points.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It may encourage the server with bloodlust to fight and stomp more, but the flip side is that it may encourage the server without bloodlust to fight less and hide in towers.

In any case, though the points for stomping make you feel like you’re contributing, the fact is that server score is still completely meaningless.

in WvW

Posted by: Carize.8532

Carize.8532

Personally I see this as MORE reason for fights as you can get points off them. In close fights it lends more credence to battles and strategy. In fights where you’re already getting trounced, who cares if they get even more points?

Though I would like to see an internal timer set against stomp points to hinder alt account farming… something like once a person is stomped, they don’t count again for 10-15 mins.

To reply to your second point first:
According to Devon Carver, the stomp will only give points if it would have given WXP. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/borderlands-bloodlust-in-world-vs-world

So alt- or stomp-farming won’t really be possible in that way. Some up-leveled char or hopelessly out-gunned group will only give a point for the first death. The next one (or multiples, if they’re that determined to suicide) won’t give a thing to the person/server that stomped them. They will still be rally-bots for the enemy, but that’s a different topic…

As to your first point: I agree that the new stomp mechanic might just make fights more interesting. How many times in a zerg v zerg battle have you took time to stand there, pose, and then spike someone who has been downed? That’s just asking to get smacked from behind by the group that’s turned around for a second pass at you.
Stomps, in my experience, are more of a small group dynamic. The only time I see people getting spiked in a zerg environment is when their (smaller/weaker/off guard) group got steamrolled by folks who now have the leisure to kill them dramatically with a Whomp the Giant. Every other times it’s been roamers, thieves, or unfortunates who didn’t keep up with the karma train.

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi
Jade Quarry since launch then I started wandering the borderlands of Yak’s Bend

(edited by Carize.8532)

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

It’s fine, but only because literally zero people care about the total score. It will be even less important when the leagues start because most matches will be over way before they begin.

The whole buff should just be +100% MF when in WvW, and that’s it.

By the way, anyone feel that this new area in the ruins is suspiciously like sPvP? Is this just another ploy to push us towards sPvP?

My interpretation is I doubt anet would make and update a major selling point of their critcally acclaimed game just to push you into another game mode. Gw2 was designed around conquest so of course the solution to wvw involves capping points. Introduce that—make wvw more like spvp in a way—then less skill splitting is needed. It’s clever and by design.

As far as tpvp goes, it’s simple to get more people into it: make that mode free to play. You watch, I bet that’s what happens. Suddenly a lot of people are in heart of the mists. Problem solved, esports potential increases.

But what do I know? I’m just a ranger.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

How the stomp change will really play out:

“Hey why did you guys kill that guy before I could stomp him for points?”
“We don’t care about the score and wanted to tag him for a free loot bag.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

We always let the person with the SAB explosive finisher stomp people already so it won’t be much of a change for us. Sometimes we just call it. Someone types WOMP and we let them get their ogre finisher in. Someone types YAK we let them do their dolyak rank flag. Etc

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”