The top secret of the Gw2 WvW overhaul

in WvW

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

20XX years, an elderly trembling his lips and told his grandson : I hope …….Anet finish the…………..Gw2 WvW overhaul……..so you can………finally enjoy Gw2 WvW…………. "

His grandson said: RIP, my grandfather, I will live until that day. He is satisfied and close his eyes after the conversation.

21XX years, an old man kneel in front of his grandfather’s grave and said : I am so sorry, the GW2 WvW overhaul didn’t arrive over the past few years. What a shame. After than, he die from a heart attack.

His grandson meet the God in the heaven. The God said: I can give you a wish.

He said: Can Crowfall and CU release in this year?

God said: This is too difficult, give me another suggestion.

“I want Gw2 WvW overhaul complete in this year so my son can finally enjoy the game.”

The god wiped the sweat on his head and said: What was your previous wish? Let’s have a meeting with their developers.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

What a sad story, I wonder if there will ever be a silver lining to it.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Plot twist:
The old man is in purgatory stuck in T2 forever. An anet dev in team chat constantly repeats “soon” and nobody can decipher her writing on the walls of smc keep. Cryptic words like soon, lateral communication, overhaul, and we care can be read. Her pet just runs circles around her growling “shake it off!” while a innocent citizen is yelling at her “my house is on fire!”. Confused an ele sticks her hand in fire pit and glares at you saying “that’s HoT”.

A dev in the corner of Aldon’s Tower keeps mumbling “you’re violating my game mode” while banging his head against the wall.

Gaile can be seen at spawn welcoming you back with a vest that reads we care. She tells you that Bellevue is cold this time of the year and to please step inside wvw to warm yourself up. You walk down the stairs to Lowlands and players are swimming in a sea of fire begging you for help. Devs constantly poke at their ribs with a smile kindly asking “are you ready to purchase the new wings from the gem store now?”. In horror, you run to the lowlands keep to find 4 ghost thiefs casually tossing caltrops in the air. They ask “will you help defend our keep?”. You hesitantly agree. One of the ghost thiefs can be seen hanging around the emergency WP, he smiles at you and pulls it though no enemy is around. With a perplexity runed look on your face the thiefs violently beat an enemy bronze invader, they throw siege on him laughing. His last words are “I only wanted to see the vista from Jerrifer’s Tower and spread my dead ranger wife’s ashes”.

A maguuma army approaches the keep, 100 in numbers with what looks like a yaks bend captive being lead in front. They throw him on the catapult naked. The commander whispers in his ear “be one with your siege yaks bend”. The switch is thrown and you watch the poor soul be splattered all over the wall. The sharks eat away at the carcass in the water. Dragon Knight can be seen making one last stand jumping into the zerg. They tear him to pieces playing his head upon a dragon banner. A mesmer says “for the lols”.

A dev behind you says “there is but a way loyalist”. You beg them for the answer. With a twisted smile he says three words…….“you can transfer”.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

There isn’t any top secret – ignoring is what A.Net is doing.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think 2016 pretty much proved that there never was any WvW overhaul being worked on for over a year. I mean it’s supposed to be 2 years of work as of now and the “priority after HoT’s release”, yet everything is still broken and they are testing random kitten like deployable canons when skill balance and build variety is the worse it has ever been.

Heck of a priority: copy-paste pvp rewards tracks and attach a few empty servers to the largest ones without regards to the consequences or various problem that have been raised that make the gameplay not enjoyable and the matchup pointless as the victory is meaningless.

They need to do like FF14 and release something like “GW2, WvW reborn” in order to save their game.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I think 2016 pretty much proved that there never was any WvW overhaul being worked on for over a year. I mean it’s supposed to be 2 years of work as of now and the “priority after HoT’s release”, yet everything is still broken and they are testing random kitten like deployable canons when skill balance and build variety is the worse it has ever been.

Heck of a priority: copy-paste pvp rewards tracks and attach a few empty servers to the largest ones without regards to the consequences or various problem that have been raised that make the gameplay not enjoyable and the matchup pointless as the victory is meaningless.

They need to do like FF14 and release something like “GW2, WvW reborn” in order to save their game.

Can’t say I’d be interested and trusting of anet given the past two years.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

this is lol.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Stop doing things without logic would be agood start, not every players that play this game are brain dead..

They added alot of stuff into the game but feels they have removed more than added…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its been going on over time its not an all at once thing. The next update to wvw is the point change to 5 4 3.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Its been going on over time its not an all at once thing. The next update to wvw is the point change to 5 4 3.

wonder how diferent it is from 3 2 1, or 10 9 8 ?
will they also change the skirmish timmers and points won by pk and ppt tick?

in WvW

Jski.6180

No ideal there is an explanation of the thinking behind it.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Found the post, it looks like theres a visual placebo with the scores value from 3,2,1…what? and also looks like they can glicko manipulate with those values… for experience i feel it wont solver a thing in this game….. ppt values are not the real issue of WvW… its a result of several things that not work properly.

(…)

1. The scores will be closer.
2. The placements won’t change.
3. This could impact world rating used for glicko matchmaking.

This is assuming play style remains identical to how it was when 3,2,1 was in play. Player behavior may change since the scores will be closer, but we aren’t sure if they will. This was the same situation with 2,1,1. We weren’t sure if it would change WvW play style, but players seemed generally interested in giving it a shot and one of the reasons WvW is a 3 team gamemode, rather than a 2 team gamemode, is so that worlds could team up and try to take down the dominate world. This isn’t something we incentivized very much before 2,1,1 but having 2v1s in WvW was intended behavior and when it works correctly can lead to more balanced matches.

(…)

Strangelly worlds teaming up to bring top down is not what ive seen, usually the 2 biggest servers ktrain abuse the smaller of the 3 servers….that is the behavior that happens.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Jski.6180

Found the post, it looks like theres a visual placebo with the scores value from 3,2,1…what? and also looks like they can glicko manipulate with those values… for experience i feel it wont solver a thing in this game….. ppt values are not the real issue of WvW… its a result of several things that not work properly.

(…)

1. The scores will be closer.
2. The placements won’t change.
3. This could impact world rating used for glicko matchmaking.

This is assuming play style remains identical to how it was when 3,2,1 was in play. Player behavior may change since the scores will be closer, but we aren’t sure if they will. This was the same situation with 2,1,1. We weren’t sure if it would change WvW play style, but players seemed generally interested in giving it a shot and one of the reasons WvW is a 3 team gamemode, rather than a 2 team gamemode, is so that worlds could team up and try to take down the dominate world. This isn’t something we incentivized very much before 2,1,1 but having 2v1s in WvW was intended behavior and when it works correctly can lead to more balanced matches.

(…)

Strangelly worlds teaming up to bring top down is not what ive seen, usually the 2 biggest servers ktrain abuse the smaller of the 3 servers….that is the behavior that happens.

Ok but that IS part of the wvw overhaul just the same its not top secret nor is it all happening at once. (I did not want to get into the detailed of the update it self because there already a places to talk about that btw.)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

this thread should be deleted. I keep on coming in expecting to find marvelous revelations, only to be disappointed. like irl.
4/10 wouldn’t clap, might boo

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Biggest secret of this so called major overhaul is that there isn’t an overhaul to begin with.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.