The warping lag is extremely bad.

in WvW

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

I hear it’s due to a bug that you are working on, Anet, but please, do fix this asap.

The game is currently unplayable. Even typical skill lag is better than this warping lag – we can’t see what is going on on the screen. Skills are not going off and people are teleporting all over the place, enemy or ally alike.

Have some footage from a guild member’s stream at our attempt to play as normal in the borders before we called it.
http://www.twitch.tv/chemsorly/b/463289368

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Something is making the bloodlust buff pings. When that happens, people twitch all over the screen.

This is an enormous problem in any PvP setting. Please disable bloodlust until this is fixed. Thank you.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

The rapidly blinking icon annoys me more than I expected. It draws too much attention.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in WvW

Lopez.7369

People just twitched all over my screen for like one minute straight in a 2v5.

After a year of skill lag, performance issues and lag are actually worse.

in WvW

Lopez.7369

I just had another fight in which someone was twitching around so badly that I could not land a single mark.

Also, I had massive skill lag.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Whenever the buff is applied or removed from hundreds of people at a time the entire map lags. It’s REALLY terrible and should be fixed or removed immediately.

This has made WvW completely unplayable.

in WvW

Lopez.7369

Yeah. It’s not even rare. It happens every 10 to 30 seconds, whenever the bloodlust buff pings.

It’s literally unplayable. I don’t mean unplayable in the whiny forum-goer sort of way; I mean unplayable to the point that my husband and I agreed to just log off until the game is fixed because we didn’t have a single small-scale fight without massive lag tonight.

in WvW

Posted by: LordKael.7260

LordKael.7260

I gotta say, the constant warping and skill lag makes team coordination a bit annoying… especially when you tack on the lag resulting from zerg battles.

Lord Kael – Guardian
Seventh Legion [VII]

in WvW

Lopez.7369

Well, the constant pinging from the buff makes traditional lag in battles even worse.

This patch is kind of a disaster for world vs. world.

in WvW

Posted by: Djemo.7153

Djemo.7153

Here here, getting this rubberbanding constantly in 10ish sec intervals, sometimes even every 5 secs.

As a WvW only player this patch has given me no reason to continue playing this game.

gg anet you really screwed the pooch this time.

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Simple question: when?

ps. Please stop releasing trash patches that do not work. This is embarrassing.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

Here here, getting this rubberbanding constantly in 10ish sec intervals, sometimes even every 5 secs.

As a WvW only player this patch has given me no reason to continue playing this game.

gg anet you really screwed the pooch this time.

Same for me i think the next time i decide to play the game after giving anet some time to patch (hopeful) will be the decision maker on if i play the game again. So far tho leaning mostly to not even wanting to bother and just uninstalling but dont want to leave guildies.

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

This is getting ridiculous. Unless this crap is fixed in next two days, I will definitely uninstall. I’m getting tired of this crap. This game has turned from something that had potential into b class poo that is barely any better than a random j rpg out there.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Djemo.7153

Djemo.7153

I have a bad feeling they wont take any action against this until the next patch (24th).
And even thats wishful thinking imo.

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Agreed, random skill lag and people porting everytime this bloody bloodlust buffs updates. Disable it till you get a fix. Nobody wants that fail kitten anyway.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

Anet u need to disable the orbs until they are fixed! Lags is absolutely terrible. worse than ANY skill lag i have ever experienced during the whole game. EVERYONE has this lag fix it!

in WvW

Posted by: Zimmy.4726

Zimmy.4726

agreed, disable the orbs untill you fix the issue please….

in WvW

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

Edited the thread title without a response? Cool!

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in WvW

Posted by: Jeliel.8372

Jeliel.8372

Terrible idea, worse implementation… muahaaahah :-)
Remove orb stat buff anyway, they only help the stronger side even more… as stated a gazillion times already…
Bah, just wasting my time…

Jeliel Firestorm – VII Guild – Aurora Glade
http://www.youtube.com/user/VIIguild
http://www.seventhlegion.net

in WvW

Posted by: Zimmy.4726

Zimmy.4726

Anet check your Player numbers since patch… as you said before , if we aint playing you aint making money

in WvW

Posted by: Jordiboy.2301

Jordiboy.2301

ok so please anet just give us an answer. Before the patch your server already struggled with skill lag because of high amount of calculation and you dont change anything to your servers after patch you introduce a buff for everyone in wvw thus implementing more calculations which intern cause mega lag. Please can you tell why you thought this would be a good idea and also will we ever see an improvement on this horrible and i mean HORRIBLE LAG

Nadroj Lionheart
Human Female Guardian
Officer of Excessum [Exss]

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/on-new-BL-map-changes/first#post2866037

1) The lag is an issue we are aware of and a result of a bug we will fix as soon as possible.

Related: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Lagging-This-May-Help/first#post2864066 – it has also improved my situation in WvW.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

in WvW

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Since the patch I’ve gotten to the point that I just can’t play WvW anymore. Skill lag is insane and something called position lag happens all the time – people porting around, skills getting slowed down/sped up. I’m not sure what causes this most likely the new buff that have to be recalculated for everyone but I really hope there’s a fix for this coming, soon. I mean REAL soon.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah i am getting the same, at points it can be 10+ seconds before a skill will actually go off after using it, though i think this is a Server issue, the Trading Post was down for quite a while and getting lag in Dungeons as well.

You would have thought they would have had a “test” server that people could join to test these in a real life situation rather than like 7 people on an empty map…

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Exactly the same. No bothering with WvW anymore.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

So much for the “extensive testing” before any implementation.

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

Normally my server has a queue on EB and 1 Bl now there are no queues. So we have less players actually playing wvw. Also this is the first time my guild ever stopped our guild raid earlier then 10pm. We did that cause it was totally no fun to lag around everywhere. Something has to be done about it as players are already stopping to pay wvw.

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Normally my server has a queue on EB and 1 Bl now there are no queues. So we have less players actually playing wvw. Also this is the first time my guild ever stopped our guild raid earlier then 10pm. We did that cause it was totally no fun to lag around everywhere. Something has to be done about it as players are already stopping to pay wvw.

Yep i have seen the numbers on our server drop by quite a few since this “update” normally have several groups on different maps, not really the case at the moment, get the odd time where we reclaim the area on EB but thats mostly coz we have left our map to do it and they just swap and go there to take everything and then we are forced to leave EB to go and reclaim and it just goes on and on….

in WvW

SabreWalrus.8647

I’m taking it this is happening everywhere, NA and EU servers alike?

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

please be patient, the wvw team is currently collecting data before any haste decisions are made for patching.

This process usually takes up to 1 hour to 10 months. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: Hipster.1264

Hipster.1264

What I can take from the other forums, it happens in NA aswell.
I have the terrible feeling anet will not do kitten till the next patch in 2 weeks.
They will not admit they were wrong and that the community was right… THE WHOLE TIME…. but hey those gvg kiddos are just a minority of the players…. kitten off

Mirajane Grauwind Necro

in WvW

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

Dear diary,

Today was the second day we could not play our game…
We did manage to kill a dolyak once a skill triggered after 10 seconds.

(ps. I think my whole server is hacking in WvW, their all teleporting)

VoTF

in WvW

SabreWalrus.8647

Can any NA players confirm if this lag was fixed by the most recent patch, so I can know before next EU primetime?

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Can any NA players confirm if this lag was fixed by the most recent patch, so I can know before next EU primetime?

No, still bad.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Harmonizer.4210

Harmonizer.4210

No, still bad.

Unfortunate…

And Hey Zach. :PP

in WvW

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

I was in WvW for about 3-4 hours last night and.. I never experienced this despite seeing Bloodlust change hands a number of times, even during a siege of the enemy’s Keep on Eternal Battlegrounds wherein all three worlds were competing for that location.

Strange.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in WvW

SabreWalrus.8647

No, still bad.

Unfortunate…

o/ Harm!

It’s pretty disheartening if this is still going badly, because my guild and I can’t be playing if this persists. We’ll still try each night, but I don’t expect us going longer than an hour if it’s terrible. Attendance numbers will shrink into nothing the longer this goes on.

We were worried about drifting from the game because of losing interest. Now it looks like we’ll be disappearing because it’s not even possible to play if we wanted to.

I was in WvW for about 3-4 hours last night and.. I never experienced this despite seeing Bloodlust change hands a number of times, even during a siege of the enemy’s Keep on Eternal Battlegrounds wherein all three worlds were competing for that location.

Strange.

Were you playing during what’s considered the primetime hours for your server? When I’ve been in WvW at ridiculously early (5am) EU hours there’s been absolutely no lag either, but there were scarcely any players around. The lag only seems to hit at primetime when the maps are full and everything’s busy.

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

The new lag issues is directly related to the number of players in WvW and seems to be caused by the server calculating the buff for each player and NPC.

More players in WvW = more calculation = more lag

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

SabreWalrus.8647

No crippling lag tonight, thankyou Anet!

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in WvW

Posted by: pupu.8619

pupu.8619

yes. thank you very much!
finaly an improvment to fundamental wvw problems! cheers!

Rosh Sha Dor
Hand of Blood[HoB], Konglomerat [KOT]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

yes. thank you very much!
finaly an improvment to fundamental wvw problems! cheers!

sarcasm right?

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: pupu.8619

pupu.8619

no. yesterday evening for me was the first time sincwe around a month to play in primetime with no skill lag at all.

Rosh Sha Dor
Hand of Blood[HoB], Konglomerat [KOT]
Piken Square

in WvW

Harmonizer.4210

No, still bad.

Unfortunate…

o/ Harm!

It’s pretty disheartening if this is still going badly, because my guild and I can’t be playing if this persists. We’ll still try each night, but I don’t expect us going longer than an hour if it’s terrible. Attendance numbers will shrink into nothing the longer this goes on.

We were worried about drifting from the game because of losing interest. Now it looks like we’ll be disappearing because it’s not even possible to play if we wanted to.

I’ve called KA raids until the lag is fixed, its unplayable.

Especially for me, since I’m playing on EU servers.

At multiple points earlier today I was running around and I would randomly get 3s skill lag.

In any fight I would have 5s skill lag at least.

In huge fights (read: stonemist size) I’ll randomly “disconnect” with what is happening within the game and One of two things will happen: 1) I’ll be able to wander around in “ghost form” and see what the enemy is doing until a few minutes later when I teleport back to my body only for this to restart all over again or 2) Everyone on my screen warps around and very often they will randomly run into walls then suddenly appear in different locations.

The very definition of Un-Play-Able.

My Rig:

GPU: Geforce gtx 550 Ti
i7-2600k CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB RAM

I live less than 1 mile from my ISP’s datacenters (extremely good latency).

I’m not running a super computer, but this should easily run WvW with zero lag

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The lag is caused by a lot of players in same vicinity (nearby area), fighting each other.
It has nothing do with your computer, but Arenanet servers.
The number of computations is O(n^2) where n is number of players so e.g. going from 5 to 50 players, increases the amount of calculations 10*10 = 100 times.

If the players would be spread all over the map, there would not be any lag. But now the “wise” minds of Arenanet decided to replace the lake with 5 capture points, making it way too tightly compacted and looking like an spvp map.

Before this patch there wasn’t much players in the lake, now the central area of the map has much more players in there, so of course there is considerably more lag.

The only way to fix this is:
1. Change the map
or
2. Give players motivation to spread all over the map

I am still extremely sad of the removal of the lake. The North West (skritt area) and North East (tamili area) of the maps, plus the place just above the Northmost supply camp are heavily underused. They would have been logical locations for the capture points and instead have just 2 capture points in the ruins.

Epic design fail.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Harmonizer.4210

The lag is caused by a lot of players in same vicinity (nearby area), fighting each other.
It has nothing do with your computer, but Arenanet servers. The number of computations is O(n^2) where n is number of players so e.g. going from 5 to 50 players, increases the amount of calculations 10*10 = 100 times.

If the players would be spread all over the map, there would not be any lag. But now the “wise” minds of Arenanet decided to replace the lake with 5 capture points.

Before this patch there wasn’t much players in the lake, now the central area of the map has much more players in there, so of course there is considerably more lag.

The only way to fix this is:
1. Change the map
or
2. Give players motivation to spread all over the map

I am still extremely sad of the removal of the lake. The North West (skritt area) and North East (tamili area) of the maps, plus the place just above the Northmost supply camp are heavily underused. They would have been logical locations for the capture points and instead have 2 capture points in the ruins.

Epic design fail.

I understand your point, and it is not wrong… but this lag is appearing not only in all fights, but when i’m roaming around with no one near me.

There is a major, and noticeable difference to the lag before and after the update. One was manageable, now – its unplayable.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I wrote my 1st article a bit hasty (on the way to work). The biggest cause of the lag is of course still two or three server blobs in one location e.g. Garrison or Stonemist castle. When Arenanet server becomes extremely loaded it doesn’t matter what part of the map you are in, you can still experience massive game breaking lag at any part of the map. But the lag is even worse those near that huge blob fight. The lag is also linked to many people getting disconnects.

I think pretty much everybody agrees that this is one the worst things in WvWvW (I cannot comment the situation right now as I stopped WvWvW completely after September 17th patch).

Unfortunately it won’t be fixed unless Arenanet reduces the amount of players per map (would mean more queues to stacked servers), changes the map (capture points, keeps etc further away from each other) and/or gives players good incentive to spread around the map. Lots of small teams roaming in small central part of BL wasn’t the fix, as you can see.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]