Thief - Golem Infiltrator's Arrow

in WvW

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Q:

Right now it’s possible to shadowstep a golem by using Infiltrator’s arrow and getting in the golem while the arrow itself is still in flight. Do you think it’s legit or it’s a bug that should be fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Leave it the hell alone.

I love when a class can bring something completely unique to the table and this isn’t powerful enough to warrant a fix.

… I still want tengu.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Mesmers can port their own golem by opening the portal at golem feet, running in front and opening the exit elsewhere (then port back, grab the golem, and port again)… So i don’t see a issue with infiltrator arrow which have a much lower range than portal.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

Necros can use Spectral Walk and trait Spectral Attunement to port a golem anywhere on the map from waypoints.

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Necros can use Spectral Walk and trait Spectral Attunement to port a golem anywhere on the map from waypoints.

Is that right? I thought utility skills cannot be used when you are holding siege?

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Is that right? I thought utility skills cannot be used when you are holding siege?

It’s very, very timing based. Similar to Shroudstomping, actually.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Its like they are trying to find things on the thief to nerf.

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

I don’t think this is a problem. Engineers can do something similar with rocket boots. I’ve seen mesmers recreate the same effect with blink and phase retreat, and god knows how OP spectral walk is in a golem.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

As with most active skills and buffs, they are removed when entering a golem and as said below your post it’s time based window of 8 or 12 seconds. I don’t use this in case people think I do.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

As with most active skills and buffs, they are removed when entering a golem and as said below your post it’s time based window of 8 or 12 seconds. I don’t use this in case people think I do.

It’s definitely possibile though. I’ve seen the videos on the matchup forums and on reddit.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

No non-siege skills should be accessible in a golem. Any target based skill should not effect a golem just before entering either which should include travelers runes.

Skills like Time Warp, Portal, Mass Invis, etc that are area effect probably should continue to work as-is.

Just my opinion though.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

The reason infiltrator’s arrow, blink, spectral, etc work is that it has an animation before the effect happens. So, for infiltrators, you shoot the arrow and hop in before the arrow “hits” the ground. In order to change it, they’d probably have to either drastically rewrite the skill mechanics, or the golem pilot mechanic. For the amount of work they’d probably have to do, it’s not worth it.

Also, getting rid of the animation for infiltrator’s would probably cause more people to complain about thieves using it to just instantly teleport across a large area, since it wouldn’t have the animation delay (though it is short)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The reason infiltrator’s arrow, blink, spectral, etc work is that it has an animation before the effect happens. So, for infiltrators, you shoot the arrow and hop in before the arrow “hits” the ground. In order to change it, they’d probably have to either drastically rewrite the skill mechanics, or the golem pilot mechanic. For the amount of work they’d probably have to do, it’s not worth it.

No such animation on Spectral Walk or Blink. Both are completely instant. Those, however, require activating the skill and entering the golem simultaneously so the two actions are processed by the system together.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Also, getting rid of the animation for infiltrator’s would probably cause more people to complain about thieves using it to just instantly teleport across a large area, since it wouldn’t have the animation delay (though it is short)

Eh if they put the effort into whirlwind weapon swap, they probably have an idea how to fix it for everything else. WvW just doesn’t have devs or PvErs who are kittened they can’t pull it off

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

I’ve tested with a few other teleports. It works for both Shadowstep and Infiltrator’s Signet, but the timing is much more difficult because of the instant activation. It might work with sword 2, D/P 3, and Steal as well, but I have yet to test them.

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

I’ve tested with a few other teleports. It works for both Shadowstep and Infiltrator’s Signet, but the timing is much more difficult because of the instant activation. It might work with sword 2, D/P 3, and Steal as well, but I have yet to test them.

yeah, it does work with pretty much everything :P