Thief P/P.. Any solution please?

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I’m meeting too many of those mixed with the permastealth thief.

To whom don’t know whta i am talking about i mean tthis build and variants:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQtmVw7Nw0M

25K for unload can eat easily thru anything… 40K both unloads seems like a joke.

Is there anyway you may survive something like this?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

Umm, dodge?

(15 char)

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Wear heavier armor. Block. Dodge. Reflect. Line of Sight. Stun. Return fire with ranged attacks to put pressure on them instead. Stealth and jump them.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

It only has 11.6 K life 2k armor. meaning while it hits hard it can not take a hit. One reflect and the thief dead. Dodge and counterattack the thief dead. There no stealth in the build, no condition cleanse , few dodges or ports.

You will note the build works best when it comes on a player distracted by another. It relies heavily on getting the first shot off working best when an enemy player distracted by another. keep this in mind. If you come upon HIM doing his unload against an enemy player YOU will likely take him down in a single attack.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

P/P thief!? What are people going to complain about next a…… um……. I can’t think of anything easier to kill than a P/P thief….

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

It’s fun mowing down classes without a lot of active defense available. If you’re one of those classes/builds, good luck lol

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Thieves, generally, are terrible vs cold.

It’s also hilarious to see them run after they can’t resist trying to gank you; standing on a stealth trap.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

so its ok for rangers teamed up do knockback and rapid fire and their pets also do barrage to instance kill anyone from 1500 range? I got suggestion for U: L2P and Run.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If a thief is hitting that hard, sneeze on him and he will down.

Babazhook explains it well.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

You will get salty answers in here,maybe try your class subforum.You will get some normal advices/answers there.In here ppl are more sensitive to these kinds of questions

OTAN guild,WSR server

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

That sPvP build would fall over dead by a passing Warriors fart in WvW.

If you think it is OP, run it. After that, you can come back here and tell us exactly how difficult it is playing a power thief in the bunker-centric/condi heavy meta.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

What everyone said above. Also, the video is PvP. This is WvW. But I gotta give props to the guy who made the video. The voice over is worth the watch alone. Made me laugh.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

anduriell.6280

What everyone said above. Also, the video is PvP. This is WvW. But I gotta give props to the guy who made the video. The voice over is worth the watch alone. Made me laugh.

yeh i agree the voice over is simply perfect.

That build is not for roam or solo, but if the dude go with the zerg can focus on anybody and do an instakill. Which you can’t reproduce because no class can laid down 40K in 2 seconds. No amount of healing will save you there. And he will be relatively safe with the actual pre-boonshare meta. Even you can dish out the stuns for more tanky\stealth skills so the build is not that glass.

So in my opinion this is problematic. Not even the staff dd can deal that amount of damage that fast, and also staff dd actually require skill to use it well.

I TOLD YOU SO

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

That build is not for roam or solo, but if the dude go with the zerg can focus on anybody and do an instakill. Which you can’t reproduce because no class can laid down 40K in 2 seconds. No amount of healing will save you there.

The 40k while was the enemy was downed – for some reason the damage then is more than usual – so it was about 22k until that guy was downed, the rest doesn’t really matter, does it?
I don’t know if you’re running in a zerg but if; do you notice how many walls of reflection are up?! It’s very unlikely that 3 unloads will hit and hit the same target as even people in a zerg know how to dodge.
I have no idea what exactly happened in this video since I don’t play pvp – and I do agree that the might stacks on unload were a bit over the top and somehow straight past the point (of the problems P/P has) but I don’t think it’s as dramatic as you make it out to be. But hey, you can ask for a 1s cooldown on projectiles for thief on the thief forums – it’s very likely it will be in game with the next patch, while the other 8 classes still faceroll their way to victory.

PS: Give it a shot to see how it works out Oh and equip the OP baseline venomshare for which we were slapped with the 1 s stealth attack cooldown, cause it’s so good that we had to be nerfed in advance!

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

The 40k while was the enemy was downed – for some reason the damage then is more than usual – so it was about 22k until that guy was downed, the rest doesn’t really matter, does it?

unload is one of the few attacks that when used successively fast enough, the dmg number shown is a total dmg, not for a single skill

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

unload is one of the few attacks that when used successively fast enough, the dmg number shown is a total dmg, not for a single skill

Thanks for that info. Rapidfire does as well as do other skills. Has got nothing to do with what I wrote though.

The 40k while was the enemy was downed – for some reason the damage then is more than usual – so it was about 22k until that guy was downed

Or does the damage done to you when you’re downed really matter to you?

ETA: I get that it’s not perfectly worded but the reason the OP is outraged and thinks this is the skill that will kill every zerg (question is why it doesn’t already do – P/P has been buffed a few months ago) is that it does 40k “within 2 seconds” 18 k of that damage are rather neglectable.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Good fun to throw reflect up and watch them kill themselves and their buddies. I actually ran d/p + p/p + perma evade thief back just before they buffed it because it would rip guardians, druids, tempests etc etc to pieces. A little cheesy I know. Got tired of hacking away at builds that weren’t taking any damage.

The one class that gave me issues sometimes was scrapper…so I picked up scrapper and been playing mostly scrapper since then.

Reflect is pretty easy to counter though. Thief just has to move crosswise to target to avoid most of the returning projectiles and maybe throw in an evade when needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Literally anything will ‘solve’ Unload thieves.

Block, dodge, reflect, evasion, high healthpool, interrupts, line of sight, boon corruption.

They are a one trick pony which depend on you not being aware of them until they’ve started firing.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

They are a one trick pony which depend on you not being aware of them until they’ve started firing.

The interesting part to this that the weapon set can be very lethal from Head Shot and Vital Shot. Unload builds are weak IMO.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Lmao that voice with the machinegun sound effects, that had me in tears.

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

P/P thief!? What are people going to complain about next a…… um……. I can’t think of anything easier to kill than a P/P thief….

It can be a kitten,it’s one of those “fly on your nose builds” more annoying than they are dangerous.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

anduriell.6280

It can be a kitten,it’s one of those “fly on your nose builds” more annoying than they are dangerous.

But they will get you downed as soon as they have your target. No build howsoever should do double damage that any hp pool is.

Not that is an only thing: ballistas doing 10K, hamrevs doing 15K.. There are a lot of classes should be looked upon as PvP is not fighting the 1 million hp golem.

Fkitten that.

I TOLD YOU SO

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

But they will get you downed as soon as they have your target. No build howsoever should do double damage that any hp pool is.

Not that is an only thing: ballistas doing 10K, hamrevs doing 15K.. There are a lot of classes should be looked upon as PvP is not fighting the 1 million hp golem.

Fkitten that.

I actually was downed by a P/P thief yesterday. I was fighting 1v3 outside of bay, I just finished downing the last 2, had all my cooldowns blown, but I was at about 25% health so I had to wait for stealth before trying to stomp when he came yoloing in.
Luckily right after going down I rallied off of 1 of the players and kitten all over the thief.

So…… I guess if you have no defensive skills available at the moment they can be dangerous.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

What’s wrong with the OP? Is (s)he insane? Just pop the “see invisible” signet and wreck that thief!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.