Thief stealth isn't a boon!

in WvW

Posted by: Overcast.5612

Overcast.5612

The community over at Borlis’ Pass has notice that thieves’ stealth is not considered a boon. This is a huge balancing factor that has been ignored, no one can strip a thief of his stealth. We believe just as entangle has become a condition and can be removed, stealth should be considered a boon and be able to be removed as well.

-Side note Borlis is welcoming oceanic players for WvW with opening arms with cookies-

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Boon duration…

Edit: Actually 30% more stealth on my PU mesmer would be lols.

Make it so.

(edited by kingcragus.6810)

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Thief should be able to be knocked out of stealth. Or make stealth traps cheaper :P

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Many things are not boons:
- Stealth
- Blocks
- Invulnerability
- Condition immunity
- special effects like Soothing Mist
- …

You really dont want those things to be affected by +boon duration.

Thief should be able to be knocked out of stealth.

You can knock thieves out of shadow refuge or black powder field. you can also interrupt CnD with knockbacks, knockdowns, stuns or dazes.

What else do you need to prevent stealth in the first place?

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Basically what teg said > you really, really don’t want these things to be affected by boon duration.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

stealth shouldnt stack more then twice. End of.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Please, make it a boon so I can switch to Sword/Dagger and steal stealth from a thief who’s just popped Shadow Refuge.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Cross posting is frowned upon, and considering your initial post is not well thought to begin with, I’m going to suggest you let these die quietly.

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Please, make it a boon so I can switch to Sword/Dagger and steal stealth from a thief who’s just popped Shadow Refuge.

I’ll steal it right back, you rascal you!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This sounds like a good idea until boon duration modifiers impact stealth then perma stealth becomes REAL easy. They would also most likely have to treat Revealed as a condition which would also create problems. Thieves can apply stealth much faster than most classes can strip it so boon duration would be a very serious problem.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well…

Wouldnt it be nice if all boon removal skills had a 50% chance to cause revealed?

Problem solved. Stealth still isnt a boon, yet can be – with some RNG – forcibly removed by numerous ingame skills (and IMO, they should add more for all classes).

in WvW

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I’ll steal it right back, you rascal you!

Shadow refuge: 10s stealth
2 S/D thieves facing each other
FS/LS spam

Who’ll be the last one in stealth?! Bets are on!

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Well…

Wouldnt it be nice if all boon removal skills had a 50% chance to cause revealed?

Problem solved. Stealth still isnt a boon, yet can be – with some RNG – forcibly removed by numerous ingame skills (and IMO, they should add more for all classes).

yes because that totally wouldnt help the professions who DOES have issues enough as is dealing with thieves.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

The community over at Borlis’ Pass has notice that thieves’ stealth is not considered a boon. This is a huge balancing factor that has been ignored, no one can strip a thief of his stealth. We believe just as entangle has become a condition and can be removed, stealth should be considered a boon and be able to be removed as well.

-Side note Borlis is welcoming oceanic players for WvW with opening arms with cookies-

This is a very poorly considered … even ignorant … post. First off, if you turn stealth into a boon you’re going to see tons of thieves using boon enhancements/extenders to kitten you off even more.

Secondly, a very large portion of Thief abilities/traits of all kinds are influenced in one way or another by stealth. It would be a huge task to rebalance all of those things to account for the ability to buff/debuff stealth.

It was cute the way you pretended that everyone over at Borlis Pass supported your idea, though. Pretty sure they don’t. You didn’t even spell the server name correctly.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

After stealth, get a stealth sickness. So you cannot enter it for some time. Does not have to be that long but it should stop perma invis. Because it’s not stealth, it’s invisibility.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Pretty sure it was balanced around PvP where stealth is perfectly fine since it doesn’t contribute to point capture. Played against a team of 5 thieves rank ~50 yesterday and won like 500-125 because thieves can’t hold a point to save their lives.

As far as WvW goes, the only thieves that actually annoy me are GOOD thieves. Most thieves are baaad and I melt them in like 2 seconds flat. Play dumb for a sec so they get lured into bursting you, then counter-burst them, put some condis at the end of the burst, and save your CC/AoE for when they use shadow refuge.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

After stealth, get a stealth sickness. So you cannot enter it for some time. Does not have to be that long but it should stop perma invis. Because it’s not stealth, it’s invisibility.

Again, they’d have to change a whole bunch of abilities and traits (many of them defensive) that are currently enabled by stealth … or invisibility if you prefer.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]