Thieves with stealth

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

I have been wondering why thieves do this on any side. When I go down and the “Finish them!” option comes, all thieves must go invisible in order to do that option. Can someone tell me why? Seems kinda pointless.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

I honestly don’t know what are you talking about.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I’m guessing they are referencing stealth finishing.

Mag Server Leader

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Buffy.9246

When you lose your hp in wvw, you get another 4 skills to try and help you get back up. When you stand near that down person you can “Finish Them!” for instant kill.
Thieves are the only class that are able to go invisible to avoid being damaged when they use “Finish Them!” to instant kill you. Just doesn’t seem fair and kinda annoying you have no chance…If i was fighting a mesmer, I’d get back up quickly.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

You are mistaken. Thieves can still be damaged while in stealth. As for going invisible, we just do it for fun when you’re downed.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

When you lose your hp in wvw, you get another 4 skills to try and help you get back up. When you stand near that down person you can “Finish Them!” for instant kill.
Thieves are the only class that are able to go invisible to avoid being damaged when they use “Finish Them!” to instant kill you. Just doesn’t seem fair and kinda annoying you have no chance…If i was fighting a mesmer, I’d get back up quickly.

You forgot mesmers can go invisible too and Ele can mist form back in to a tower.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Buffy.9246

Yeah mesmers can but they are easy to kill. That skill is annoying when they r near a tower, but they arent all the time. Thieves can do it whenever you are done. I am asking why they do it…not other classes that are able to. I have yet been able to damage a stealth thief when i am down.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

Yeah mesmers can but they are easy to kill. That skill is annoying when they r near a tower, but they arent all the time. Thieves can do it whenever you are done. I am asking why they do it…not other classes that are able to. I have yet been able to damage a stealth thief when i am down.

Are you talking bout when YOU are downed, or THEY are down.. you keep flipping back and forth.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Buffy.9246

No i am not. I said when I am down. Or anyone else fighting a thief.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

No i am not. I said when I am down. Or anyone else fighting a thief.

Thieves are a stealth class… there is a reason they go invisible when you are downed, to kill you.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

Yeah mesmers can but they are easy to kill.

Pretty sure that is the first time I have heard that. I will quote you endlessly on all the nerf mesmer threads.

But thieves do it, I sometimes do it as a mesmer if there are a lot of enemies about, eles can mist form and engineers have a similar function. So it is not just thieves, though I agree that they do it 96% of the time, unlike the other professions.

But to answer your questions, maybe a lot of wvw thieves are glass cannons? Easier to stealth stomp than make themselves vulnerable. And why not do it? Why allow you the opportunity to get up? It is normal to always use any tricks at one’s disposal.

SBI

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: MIrra.3604

MIrra.3604

I have been wondering why thieves do this on any side. When I go down and the “Finish them!” option comes, all thieves must go invisible in order to do that option. Can someone tell me why? Seems kinda pointless.

If you would take the time out of your nonproductive post and spend a mingling 5 minutes to look at the thief class, you will probably understand why they stealth before they stomp.

But since you’re too lazy to do it, I will go ahead and tell you.

Thieves stealth stomp to cleanse condition, regen HP, stack might, and to secure the stomp. With this, they are ready to engage anyone that may add into the fight.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

Stealth and shadow step are all that the thief has left to them. They go stealth because it hides form from potential resers who would more than likely kill them while they were locked in the finishing animation. Thats why I do it anyway.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Buffy.9246

Geesh Mlrra…Don’t take your issues out on me. I don’t have time to spend looking at everything like you do..

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

You don’t have time to read like…two tooltips…but you have time to post a thread, read replies, and respond.

But yeah, nice try at the usual, “Gamers that call other gamers no-life nerds.” angle.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

They stealh stomp to avoid the cc that some downed states can apply, like ranger daze or warrior knockdown. Another reason is to try to avoid that players allies seeing them and trying to stop the stomp.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Elemenatlists can mist sometimes into safety. Warriors can stand back up and sometimes walk inside a keep for a full rez. Thieves can port/stealth but are killable why stealthed. Guardians get a knockback. Necros get a fear.

Rangers, Mesmers and Engineers got messed over in the downed ability skill set.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Buffy.9246

Geesh…2 people are rude when they dont need to be.
Ty for the answers to the nice ones.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

The rude replies were probably reactions on
“Seems kinda pointless.”
“Just doesn’t seem fair and kinda annoying you have no chance”

Anyway, stealth doesn’t prevent damage, only prevents targetting. Which means most ranged attacks (also downed attacks) won’t connect. So in a 1v1 it does prevent certain damage. Thieves also lack damage reduction, we survive by avoiding damage. Finishing someone makes us stop moving, and thus make us vulnerable. Stealthing is our way to survive for that brief moment of vulnerability.
(Another way is shadowstep stomp, which is more reliable but has a longer cooldown)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

There are two reasons why thieves stealth stomp.

1. To hide from down state CC and damage. We don’t have stability to keep us from being CC’d by a necro’s fear, warriors hammer, etc.

2. To mitigate damage and/or regen health. Most builds revolve around being in stealth to regen health. Thieves don’t have ready access to boons such as protection, regen, etc. so going into stealth helps us to regen some of our help and mitigate some potential damage by hiding us from any rezzers.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Because that is what they have.

They do not have stability, endure pain, mist form, shrinking(engineer one,) or any other stomp types.

Thieves have stealth stomps.

They can still be damaged, feared, some kind of CC while stealthed so your team can do something about it if they choose or have the opening to do something about it if the other zerg gives a chance.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

There are times where I won’t use stealth, but most times its needed because you have conditions on you or your health is low and stealth is my main source of regaining health and removing conditions. To give an example where I won’t stealth, if I down a ranger and have little to no conditions on me and the only thing not on CD is shadow refuge and the ranger has a wolf the wolf can fear me out of stealth so I will burst the ranger down until he dies or pops pet revive so that I can then pop SR and finish, keeping in mind I need to buy enough time that if he stuns me during finishing move I can still restart finishing move before his pet revives completely.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

You are mistaken. Thieves can still be damaged while in stealth. As for going invisible, we just do it for fun when you’re downed.

Be honest… You do it so the downed player cannot target you to use their skills.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Be honest… You do it so the downed player cannot target you to use their skills.

That is also a reason, kind of like when guardians pop stability and/or aegis, or warriors pop battle stance and/or endure pain, or ele mistform, yadayada.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

Because some stomp interrupts require a target to interrupt the stomp.
If they’re in stealth they cant be targetted and cant be interrupted.

Basically the same as a stability stomp or an invuln stomp or a portal stomp etc etc etc

Just limits the number of ways you can prevent them finishing the stomp basically.

[Dius]

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Mostly to prevent being interrupted while finishing the person. Stealth will deter the interrupt down skill of some of the professions like warrior and engineer. However it won’t work against guardian and ranger as those will almost always interrupt even when you blind them.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I mainly do it because people can’t see me when I stealth.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Why aren’t Mesmer clones destroyed when they go in for the stomp?
Why can several classes turn on damage reducers/immunities when stomping?
Why can necros use forms when stomping?

Because they can…

The thief class doesn’t have the tools to stand out in the open and stomp someone. No stability, no boons, no health, and no regen. Wouldn’t get the stomp in anything but a 1v1 without it.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: PinoTheMike.9803

PinoTheMike.9803

First off, thieves are NOT the only class that can do this. That is misinformation. Second, thieves can still take damage when they are invisible. I’ve been downed many times while in stealth because my opponent used common sense.

The reason why we do it is so that we can finish you quickly before you rally. Thieves are generally glass. If we try to cap you without stealth the opponent can use their abilities to delay the finisher (I stealth on Rangers for example), or their buddy can simply attack us during the process bringing us down very easily.

Before you cry about this realize that all classes have mechanics very similar. Rangers can swap their pets (or is it weapons?) for a quickness stomp, or they can pop stability; mesmers can invis or use quickness; warriors have stability; etc.

Thieves with stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Why can necros use forms when stomping?

To be fair the necro stomp does require 30 points in soul reaping to work well. You don’t get the stability without it.

I don’t mind the stealth stomping. I really hate all the classes with invulns or easy access to stability. I have downed a ton of thieves trying to stomp friends.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay