Things learned in other RvR games....

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Just gonna put this out there, this game should have learned all this from other games. Now, it needs to learn them for next patch….!

1. You don’t need NPC mobs everywhere getting in the way of PvP fights.
2. Siege is a tool that fights revolve around…not a weapon that makes actual characters obsolete.
3. Reward staying and fighting over running away at first sign of trouble.
4. Don’t penalize people for taking chances. (Armor repair costs, for an example…)
5. Maps can be really pretty simple and getting back into fights in a reasonable time makes things more fun.

I’m sure there are more. In some cases, like #4, I’m willing to make some excuses because you’re free to play and need more money sinks. But these are kind of obvious “knowns” now, aren’t they?

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Just gonna put this out there, this game should have learned all this from other games. Now, it needs to learn them for next patch….!

2. Siege is a tool that fights revolve around…not a weapon that makes actual characters obsolete.
4. Don’t penalize people for taking chances. (Armor repair costs, for an example…)
5. Maps can be really pretty simple and getting back into fights in a reasonable time makes things more fun.

I’m sure there are more. In some cases, like #4, I’m willing to make some excuses because you’re free to play and need more money sinks. But these are kind of obvious “knowns” now, aren’t they?

1. Isn’t necessarily true. Back in Vanilla WoW with AV 1.0 the NPC’s really made the fight. The NPC’s served a purpose of making it hard to ninja or solo cap things. Then you had the reavers, ram/wolf riders, Ivus, wind/bat riders, etc that all added to tactics. Of course you needed to farm wolf/ram pelts and collect other things from NPC’s and players to get those NPC’s.

If you had Ivus up you wanted him to feed before pushing. If you unleashed the reavers then you push with them and cap an objective while the enemy deals with them. If you got a wind rider you wanted it placed in a location that either helped keep enemies off an objective or in a spot that broke up the zerg. Those NPC’s truly gave some tactical power…until power creep and nerfing came into play.

The point being that NPC’s can truly add to the experience. Perhaps the NPC’s in WvW can be altered to actually be a tactical advantage. Befriending the skrit could allow you to designate a target and the skrit would steal supplies from it. The centaurs could actually siege a target(catapults and all) like they do in harathi. Or centaurs could be used to increase supply deliveries. Killing wolves and such could give you some supply.

There is a ton of issues with WvW, but I don’t see NPC’s as being the issue. Of course it should never feel like PvE, but NPC’s used properly can add a ton of depth to combat and tactics.

in WvW

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

1. I dont see why people whine about NPC’s, I think they are always needed in WvW…I just think the problem with them is they are mostly noncontributing, or even counter productive.

For example the NPC’s scattered all over the maps (as opposed to the ones in camps) serve no purpose other than decoration. The other use for NPC’s in WvW other than actually being involved in the fight is to create good farming spots, which some games I played have. I know hardcore objective oriented people will hate it, but roamers and such will love it. You basically have good farming spots with good drop rates and such that people fight over.

Another example of bad implementation are the champions in EB, this is one of the biggest reasons people hate NPC’s in WvW in this game. The grub takes 20 minutes to kill, if not more. Takes a huge number of the population to bring it down, yet it neither gives you an advantage in WvW nor does it give a worthy personal reward; it is actually going to put you at a disadvantage if you go for it taking off players and putting them in a gank-able position. Bad implementation….Now if say if you kill the grub the ghosts team up with you for the next hour to help you assault…it’d be good implementation. If the grub gave players a worth reward…people who want to take a break from objectives will find it to be a nice addition. The HP of it though will never make it worth it.

2. Somewhat true….you are not proposing a solution for this, and a lot of the balance in WvW is based on the current state of siege. You need to adjust many variables if you want to adjust that one.

3. Absolutely true, and that is a flaw in pretty much most R v R games I have played that I am still astonished developers are not addressing yet; It is more rewarding (per unit of time and currency spent) to attack unupgraded undefended objectives. Again, making WvW counter productive….the more time and effort you spent is disproportional to how much you are rewarded.

4. Armor repairs are in to stay…and I hope they do. There has to be punishment for dying and if anything it is too little right now. Now I don’t want everyone to roll a thief so they won’t be punished as often for death…so other variables depend on it. But there should be a negative impact for dying.

5. Again, many variables depend on changing that. One which you clearly missed even though you mentioned earlier in your 3rd point…rewards for staying and fighting…Yet if you make it easier for a dead defender to head back to the assaulted keep…it will be even harder for attackers to take it and thus less rewarding for them to hit a defended keep than an undefended one.

You had a solid point at 3..yet most of your other points depend on too many variables that you did not seem to address in your brief post. I know people hate reading long posts, but throwing 1 line suggestions that are oblivious to many variables makes it sound like you don’t know what you are talking about it.

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

Small maps with fast travel times does not work well at all. Warhammer proved this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Oh sure you get back to action fast, but it also prevent atlot of good tactical pvp, and provides lots of huge clumps fighting pvp. zzzzzz

Small teams need to be able to maneuver and strike zergs.

1 and 2, I agree.
3 & 4) Sadly keep traders will always avoid fights. If people need a cookie to pvp they will be going back to WoW shortly no mater what you do, other than do a hard fail and start remaking wow. Basically they are fodder for pvpers to farm

(edited by dooger.2640)

in WvW

Zosk.5609

We have different opinions about the causes of death of Warhammer, what I consider the best RvR game to date… I would submit that large scale fighting is what a large percentage of RvR players show up for….and that Warhammer did a fine job of it. Battlefield tactics were always there…the game was often criticized for it’s slow pace because people DID survive in large skirmishes for a long time and nearly endless battles could rage on.

But I guess you can disagree there, but on the subject of penalizing players I’ll never understand the ‘hardcore’ PvPers sadomasochistic tendency. Discouraging people helps nobody. In the case of this game, I’d be willing to make a large wager that the rather steep armor penalty is there only because the game is Free To Play and they wanted to MAKE sure there was a moneysink in place for players who chose to primarily do WvW…. all it really does is punish people who take risks and don’t follow the zerg. (Which is how you make money in WvWvW…. zerg and quit when things go bad)

in WvW

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I think armor repair should be removed or reduced in wvw. All it does is stop people from spending money on siege and keep upgrades because you don’t really make gold in wvw unless you spend all your time in a zerg rarely ever dying.

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

1. Split opinion between the community it seems 50/50. I believe pve should only be involved when it has a pvp outcome.
2. Siege is implemented awesome in this game, however they could limit its use to certain areas only. I suggested once even have a full on skirmish area that does not allow siege and control of the area gives points.
3. By making towers earn more points the longer you hold it for could make people more desperate to hold onto them. Could create big problems also.
4. Agree, I know of one person that quit the game because of paying on pvp death, silly though. My suggestion would be to have a completely different monetary system in W3. An individual Karma system gained from meeting objectives for upgrading structures and buying siege and keep badges(that auto go into our bags) for buying w3 specific equipment. Make that karma able to be bought with gems just like gold is to keep Anet rolling in the cash. So pve success would not effect someone’s ability to upgrade a castle only time played for those of us that refuse to pay for in game gold or items.
5. To fix this would require an all new map/point system design as has been mentioned. I recon you should get an option on death as to respawn into a safe area or to be ported back closer to the action but your ported back into potential death because the area is a control area that gives some minor points to whoever controls it and would be part of the strategy of taking a new structure. It would take a lot of explaining to describe what I mean here.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Warhammer the best RvR game to date.

No.

Just no.

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

1. NPC is annoyance, not problem or danger. Only one strong NPC is breakout commander, and he pretty killable by 15+ group.
2. I don’t understand, you think that siege is too STRONG? You do something wrong then.
3. How? Increased reward for defense events lead to wave of “defense farm” abusing. Increased reward for frags – ppl usually don’t run if they can land kill anyway. Btw something like “no death cost if you deal > X damage over last 3 min” may be nice.
4. Insignificant, repair cost are really low anyway, unless all that you do is running solo into enemy zerg all day every day.
5. No, just no. WvW is all about “WORLD vs WORLD”, not “group vs group on football size field”. If you want small scale action, go spvp.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

Zosk,

There’s no point in this. I know it, you know it and others who did and will read it know it too.
GW2 isn’t Warhammer and will never be, neither it’s playerbase. Your five points, and probably all the other ones you didn’t mention, fits perfectly War’s actual playersbase but will never work with GW2’s playerbase. Different kind of players with a different kind of reason to play and attitude. Don’t try to change GW2 to fit your needs and expectation but just play it as it is and for what it is.

GW2 is a PVE-PVP/RvR experience with it’s W v W.
War is a full player only driven PvP/RvR experience as all the PVE (aggro npc’s) have been removed from the lakes.

And it’s a good thing as we, players, have a choice and can chose wich of both system we enjoy the most.

I made mine, as some know, this doesn’t mean that I hadn’t a good time here.

Take care all.

The Nid
Nidwinqq rr94 Magus (badlands)

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

1. npcs are okay
2. sieges are okay, except maybe placements and how to counter them at some points. currently you need to use meta tactics to counter some of them
3. sort of agree, rewards for doing difficult stuff could be higher sometimes
4. sort of agree, sometimes when you’re outnumbered and all you tend to get rolled over a lot. and you would still like to try doing something. also frontline melee characters, imho, get to that dying part more often. it’s not a big deal though.
5. no you still get too fast back into the fight so there’s little point even if you win the field since everyone will just run back from spawn way too fast. there should be more meaning for winning single battles. also get rid of teleporting to wp to save travel times.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

1.) Nothing wrong with the npcs in this game. In some cases I wouldn’t mind them being more powerful.
2.) Siege was a cool aspect to this game but after playing for a while. It doesn’t feel like it makes the game anymore fun. Just different.
3.) I don’t think players should have to be rewarded with anything, but a fun pvp experience of fighting other players.
4.) Paying for repairs makes it feel like you have to go get money to even pvp and discourages aggressive play. While it doesn’t bother me too much the first few times. It starts to get irritating after a while and I could see why it would bug casual players even more.
5.) There should be some amount of time to get back. However, it wouldn’t hurt to shorten that time a bit. While some may not like that your group/zerg/guild would have to learn how to handle that. Part of pvp is having the staying power to continue a prolonged assault if needed. While I don’t think it should be instantaneous I do think shortening the time it takes to get back in the fight a little bit would be a good idea. I’ve seen all too many people get ghanked on thier way back on a long run back and have to come back again and after a few of those they decide to leave. I mean who would want to waste that much of their time.

You missed one of the most important things to RvR. That is being able to actually form a raid. One of the biggest things that annoys me about this games large scale pvp is you can’t actually form large scale groups. You miss out on so much. Knowing how your raid is doing, communicating, target assist, focus fire. There are several other things that you miss out on but those are the main ones.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

We have different opinions about the causes of death of Warhammer, what I consider the best RvR game to date… I would submit that large scale fighting is what a large percentage of RvR players show up for….and that Warhammer did a fine job of it. Battlefield tactics were always there…the game was often criticized for it’s slow pace because people DID survive in large skirmishes for a long time and nearly endless battles could rage on.

But I guess you can disagree there, but on the subject of penalizing players I’ll never understand the ‘hardcore’ PvPers sadomasochistic tendency. Discouraging people helps nobody. In the case of this game, I’d be willing to make a large wager that the rather steep armor penalty is there only because the game is Free To Play and they wanted to MAKE sure there was a moneysink in place for players who chose to primarily do WvW…. all it really does is punish people who take risks and don’t follow the zerg. (Which is how you make money in WvWvW…. zerg and quit when things go bad)

I agree with the idea that getting back into the fight makes for a much more fun game than running for 10 minutes everytime you want to get into the mix.

I also don’t see why people want to penalize players. I die rarely and have enough gold that the death penalty doesn’t mean all that much, but why is WvW treated like a gold sink, when other types of content rewards players with large amounts of gold, and other loot rewards meant to encourage participation?

In the meantime WvW is basically discouraged by the game mechanics, and players themselves are saying things like this….

3.) I don’t think players should have to be rewarded with anything, but a fun pvp experience of fighting other players..

And then people wonder why WvW is far less popular than PvE. Can you imagine if fractals were expected to be done just for the fun experience?

It’s no wonder servers are unbalanced population wise, and WvW is drawing less and less players all the time. The people who actually enjoy WvW the most are often the ones who end up killing it.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

(edited by Raincrow.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

I’ve never played Dark Age of Camelot, but is (was?) that game closer to GW2’s WvW idea than RvR from Warhammer?

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in WvW

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

1. I dont see why people whine about NPC’s, I think they are always needed in WvW…I just think the problem with them is they are mostly noncontributing, or even counter productive.

For example the NPC’s scattered all over the maps (as opposed to the ones in camps) serve no purpose other than decoration.

Actually the NPCs serve a purpose: Smart players will use them to rally when they are downed. I’m being sarcastic here, because this is a stuipd and annyoing purpose. The NPCs shouldn’t be there, or at least it shouldn’t be possible to rally on a trashmob while fighting other players in WvW.

It becomes ridiculous when a downed warrior uses Vengeance, quickly kills a nearby trashmob with 100blades and is fully revived thanks to the Sweet Revenge trait.

(edited by Snoxx.7943)

in WvW

Zosk.5609

I’ve never played Dark Age of Camelot, but is (was?) that game closer to GW2’s WvW idea than RvR from Warhammer?

That’s probably a true statement as DAOC allowed more smaller roaming groups to do things and was much faster paced (you could easily die in seconds), but GW2 WvWvW reminds me more of Wintergrasp in WoW than anything else, honestly.

Actually it’s Wintergrasp with even more of a focus on resource gathering and siege over fighting…which is saying a lot!

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

You haven’t played many PVP games have you?

in WvW

Snoxx.7943

We have different opinions about the causes of death of Warhammer, what I consider the best RvR game to date…

It would have been a great RvR game if it had:
- three realms fighting each other (not just two, didn’t they learn from their own DAoC ? )
- less bugs (WAR had really tons of them)
- better class balancing (but ANet ain’t doing it any better so far …)

Many will say Warhammer was an outright bad game but I have to disagree, they did a lot of things right and the game had great potential.

Examples for good things in WAR:
- taunt/detaunt being useful in PvP combat (not just for aggro management in PvE)
- the dual target system with offensive and defensive targets (it was too complicated for casual players, but this was a point where real player skill shines)
- hybrid healer classes done right! (not too weak, not too strong, and thanks to lifetaps and dual target system they really could nuke and heal at the same time)
- two types of heal debuffs, incoming and outgoing, but available on different classes (very good concept, required teamwork and tactic to use it’s full potential)
- tank classes done right! (in vanilla WoW, tanks were either offensive spec and just another dps class in PvP, and defensive tanks were completely useless; in WAR things are different, good PvP tanks didn’t require a certain spec, they required a skilled player!)

And last but not least for the PvE folks around:
- public quests (WAR basically invented the dynamic events we enjoy now in GW2)

in WvW

Zosk.5609

I’ve played many good ones and tried to avoid bad ones like those that throw random NPC mobs inches from roads and places where it’s clear fights will happen. Or who make overpowered siege weapons that when dropped in numbers make attacking a structure unwise, impossible, and most importantly of all..completely frustrating and un-fun?

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

That’s probably a true statement as DAOC allowed more smaller roaming groups to do things and was much faster paced (you could easily die in seconds), but GW2 WvWvW reminds me more of Wintergrasp in WoW than anything else, honestly.

Actually it’s Wintergrasp with even more of a focus on resource gathering and siege over fighting…which is saying a lot!

This….the fact that it’s so similar to PvP that existed in arguably the WORST game for PvP ever is quite sad. The devs stated they wanted it to be similar to DAoC, and it even looks so on paper; but in spirit it feels too much like WoW.

Some things that prevent it from being on the same level as DAoC are as follows:

1. Large group wins (any more than 1 to 2 odds vs the enemy and tactics cease to matter)
-in DAoC it was possible to wipe 80+ with a single 8-man party

2. Lack of strong CC.
-this is what enabled smaller groups to use their higher coordination and skill level to win fights vs huge odds

3. Caps on AOE.
-bring enough ppl to the fight and well placed aoe is irrelevant

4. Lack of progression system (they have stated plans to add this in)
-This can server to either reinforce zerging or break it up depending on implementation.
ANET TAKE NOTE HERE (If each objective/player is worth a set amount of “xp” towards your progression and that amount is then divided amongst everyone participating, it causes people to want to break into smaller groups to obtain a larger “share” of the “xp”.)
[Conversely, if everyone that participates get a set amount that doens’t change regardless of the number there, it would encourage zerging]

These are just 4 of the issues I have with the current setup. (For the record I do have faith in ANet that they have the player’s enjoyment truly at the forefront of their minds and hope this post is taken how I meant it…to be constructive.)

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Snoxx.7943

2. Lack of strong CC.
-this is what enabled smaller groups to use their higher coordination and skill level to win fights vs huge odds

Be careful here. Strong CC was simply too frustrating for the other side, that’s why you don’t see much CC in modern games. I think a bit more than we currently got in GW2 would be fine, but too much CC is worse than too few CC.

3. Caps on AOE.
-bring enough ppl to the fight and well placed aoe is irrelevant

I assume the AoE cap is to prevent “AoE bomb groups” but the number cap is the wrong method. Lower overall AoE damage but without number cap would be better.

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

didn’t read all the comments but I only wanted to add one thing on the subject of NPC’s in WvW.

I don’t mind them terribly except that a lot of the mobs (read most) have some form of CC. I really hate that.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

My only experience with RvR is Aion and an unknown Korean grinder called Rising Force Online. I wish GW2 could copy a few of their features.

Set timers on castles and keeps so they only go active and can be attacked and taken once every 8 hours for say.. 4 hours. So 4 hours on and 4 hours off. This would create 3 distinct mass pvp events; NA, EU and Asia prime time. This would create some sense of urgency for commanders and servers to “win” their prime time. Also, you can log in and play WvWvW and log off feeling like you accomplished something instead of the current system where it is just an endless slog. You can set your clock to rally your server’s population to participate and might promote more skillful gameplay. Instead of a mass zerg zerging around, commanders need to be smart in order to get more points and capture more territory in that 4 hour window.

In the off hours you can still take supply camps which can provide buffs and supply, and the battlegrounds can be a good ol fashioned ganking on the JPs and small scale pvp map for guilds from different servers to smack talk and fight it out over who is better at killing and isn’t the spvp’s stale boring control point format.

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

1. RvR = Realm vs Realm = anything the other realm has vs anything the other realm has = NPCs too. We can all look at Warhammer Online, in how they took NPCs out of the RvR lake, and took away the fight from the game, think about how horrible it would be to attack a keep/tower/depo in GW2, if there was nothing to attack. nothing at all, but instead, it was just a flag in the lordroom, or center of the camp, that you need to stand on top of to gain control… yea thats fun../sarcasm. NPCs even random Mobs add another element to the battle, which is either control your AoE attack, or cause the enemy player to aggro. and thus giving you the edge. It’s another tier of playerskill being able to use his envirment for his advantage .

2. Siege is the ultimate balance tool. If your greatly out numbered.. siege can be the deciding factor if you win or lose. If anything i think siege in this game could use a boost for the realm that has the outmann buff(increase siege damage by 33% when outmanned!)

3. Sometimes it’s a strategic advantage to run away… and bait the larger army into a choke point, and have their great numbers gunned down because of a tunnel =) /love panglrise

4. armor repairs is important, because without it, it stops becoming a thing of taking a chance, it no longer becomes a risk, it’s just all about the reward. If you can just keep tossing bodies at something with no hinderances happening to the bodies that are being tossed.. why would anything think to use tactics?

5. huh? simplified maps are boring maps. caves/tunnels/cliffs/ramps/roads/mountains all add value to the battlefield.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

People die too fast in this game already. More CC would kill WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Nearly every class in this game has lots of cc and none of it has immunity timers. Its just mostly single target or longer cool down. Which doesent matter much when youre fighting 2x your numbers anyway.

Remove most of the single target crap, make people have to spec for cc, give it some immunity timers, give people the ability to cure other peoples cc, and make it effective

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

People die too fast in this game already.

Are we playing the same game lol?

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

The maps are a bit on the small side as it is. One of the main things daoc did right other than 3 factions was travel time could be short, or could be very long depending on how well you are doing. It gets old killing a zerg to have them back in your face within 2 minutes.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Yes, and I’m dead serious. DPS is far more powerful than stats like toughness and the defense ratings on armor. I’ve played a lot of MMOs and this is one of the few in which you can loose 2/3rds if not all of your health in just a few seconds.

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

Yes, and I’m dead serious. DPS is far more powerful than stats like toughness and the defense ratings on armor. I’ve played a lot of MMOs and this is one of the few in which you can loose 2/3rds if not all of your health in just a few seconds.

Yet, in a 1vs1 situation the people with full on dps builds will lose nearly every time to someone who focuses on defensive stats and control abilities over raw dps.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Yet, in a 1vs1 situation….

I thought we were talking about WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

1. I just have a different opinion, I think MORE NPCs would make WvW better. Just like in vanilla AV, being able to grind for and release NPC raiding mobs to help push would be awesome. It is WvW which should be more of a great battle between players AND players using NPCs. WvW should be more like a RTS than it is right now.

2. The siege is kinda lame giving the draw distance and the fact that in a world with cannons and machine guns you are still hurling boulders around. How about more defensive siege, like moveable spike walls or BIG siege like airships that you can spawn from.

3. PPL will always run away, but with more rewards and character enhancements I think it could be limited. Dare I say some type of KillStreak system. It would encourage ppl to keep trying to get kills and if you put a “bounty” on ppl the higher they get their KillStreak it could add a whole new dynamic to the game.

4. I agree armor repair should be free while you are in WvW, you are fighting so repairs should be pro-bono.

5. Totally agree, see my #2. There needs to be some type hotdrop system like in PS2. I think it would be awesome to have Airship siege that can be built along with Anti-Air siege. And you can have the option to airdrop from the airship, with a long CD of course.

WvW had so much potential but it has turned into a Highest Population Zerg Pridefest of Pointlessness. Right now I would rather them just scrap all the home BL’s and just keep EB along with making it so rounds only last 4 or 5 hours like AV did when it first started.

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

We are comparing 1 build vs another……. if you want to blow it up to higher. 20 tanks vs 20 GC builds…..Tanks win >.<

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

We are comparing 1 build vs another……. if you want to blow it up to higher. 20 tanks vs 20 GC builds…..Tanks win >.<

We are comparing one build vs another in WvW, the way WvW works. Not 1v1 or some fantasy match where everyone is the same build…. Regardless, you’re missing the point. People die too fast, because toughness and defense doesn’t stop enough damage.

A full specced DPS character can kill a tank character in a matter of seconds. I do it all the time. 1v1 with all his cooldowns up, a tank would likely beat me, but that’s because I die too fast, not becuase he can take a lot of damage.

in WvW

Zosk.5609

You guys think by NPCs I’m talking about keep lords…but really I’m talking about the trash mobs stuck everywhere, even inches from roads, that you see trailing and annoying everybody that serve no purpose. (Since running through mobs in this game is easy, they don’t even effectively create ‘shape’ or encourage people to stick to roads most of the time)

Keep Lords, etc, and even the Boss Mobs are not what I meant. I’m not crazy about the weird PvE camps at the top of each persons home frontier either, but they rarely matter so it’s no huge deal…

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

There’s a few things that comes to my mind when mentioning other mmo’s out there. One thing I’d love to see is the simple /face command, really useful little thing as many old Daoc players are familiar with. Another thing I’d love to see is a simple /follow or /stick command, and that’s not simply because I’m lazy, I’m just used to have it and it’s simple and useful when running with guild.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

I think armor repair should be removed or reduced in wvw. All it does is stop people from spending money on siege and keep upgrades because you don’t really make gold in wvw unless you spend all your time in a zerg rarely ever dying.

I’m sure if WvW started being more profitable all that gold would go straight into arrow carts~

There are hardcore WvW people that WvW all day and use their earnings to contribute back to WvW, but they are far far from the majority.