Things to change- Moa

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

To lock a player out of their entire skill set via Moa, without the ability to break via stun break, is very bad game design… To then allow that same unbreakable Moa skill to be used TWICE, is even worse game design.

6 seconds of an unbreakable form does not have a place in wvw and spvp settings.

12 seconds of an unbreakable form does not have a place in wvw and spvp settings.

I’m honestly and sincerely not trying to be rude here, but I personally feel y’all (devs) should really get together and start looking at profession and skill designs from a players vs other players perspective more.

Up to this point y’all have done far less to improve professions, skills and combat than what your capabilities are, and have really let down the competitive community on many fronts. Time to pay attention and put changes into action.

Thanks

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

You can still move around, dodge, and use Flee and Kick to get away. But I’m assuming that you’re fighting condi chronos and don’t have access to condition clearing when moa’d, right? That’s more of a problem with conditions needing balance than a problem with Signet of Humility.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Swagger.1459

You can still move around, dodge, and use Flee and Kick to get away. But I’m assuming that you’re fighting condi chronos and don’t have access to condition clearing when moa’d, right? That’s more of a problem with conditions needing balance than a problem with Signet of Humility.

Ok, to lock a player out of their ENTIRE skill set in competitive game modes is bad. It doesn’t matter if the other form allows for other skills…

Condi clear has nothing to do with this topic, because you can’t clear Moa due to skill effect design and you lose all slot skills anyway while morphed. The two are not related.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

I didn’t say anything about clearing moa. I meant people using moa to prevent you from clearing their condition burst. Anyways, if condis aren’t the issue here, then I don’t see the problem.

There are worse ways of being cc’d in the game. Personally I find being moa’d a minor nuisance compared something like a thief spamming Headshot, or a druid constantly proccing Ancient Seeds after using Point Blank Shot.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Ok, to lock a player out of their ENTIRE skill set in competitive game modes is bad. It doesn’t matter if the other form allows for other skills…

Condi clear has nothing to do with this topic, because you can’t clear Moa due to skill effect design and you lose all slot skills anyway while morphed. The two are not related.

He meant they can Moa and condi bomb you leaving you with no way to cleanse the condi’s. That’s the only real problem with it and that could be solved by adding a full cleanse to one of the Moa skills.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Assuming I am even allowed to mention skill balance in games like League of Legends(LoL).

You wont see too many CCs last longer than 3 seconds in games that care about balancing in a mode that is quickly paced (Like LoL). Most are often only 1 second.

To be frank, reduce its duration to 3 seconds if it’s going to ignore stability anyway. Reduce its recharge to compensate so it’s still usable.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I realize I’m 1 outta probably 400 players that still runs minion master in roaming, but why in the hell can a mesmer click one skill and turn me into a moa while blowing up my minions?

Lame to allow this in a mode like wvw so agreeing with the OP

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Assuming I am even allowed to mention skill balance in games like League of Legends(LoL).

You wont see too many CCs last longer than 3 seconds in games that care about balancing in a mode that is quickly paced (Like LoL). Most are often only 1 second.

To be frank, reduce its duration to 3 seconds if it’s going to ignore stability anyway. Reduce its recharge to compensate so it’s still usable.

Would have to be like a 60s recharge to get reduced to that level, you can essentially press 5 and 1 dodge and the moa will be extremely ineffective. Remember it also has a 1s cast time with a symbol above the casters head at the start of the moa now and you have to be infront of the caster. There is a lot of warning and counterplay to the skill in anything resembling a small fight. In large fights you can’t see anything and there’s so much AoE blocks, blinds, invulns and everything I honestly can’t see the skill being of any use whatsoever.

@OP Anyone that double Moa’s you is a scrub and there is a lot of tells that it’s coming outside of stealth. If they stealth cast it, dodge, 5, dodge and you’re usually fine. If they use it again then you’re fighting a potato and you should easily win.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I don’t know, moa seems fine atm.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Despite our commanders spending more time in moa form then their actual character, I think moa is fine, seeing our commanders command as a moa is worth keeping the skill as it is.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Swagger.1459

So hypothetically, would you be fine with Entangle being changed to a 6s unbreakable immobilize, with a chance to proc for 12s, that can’t be cleansed?

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

So hypothetically, would you be fine with Entangle being changed to a 6s unbreakable immobilize, with a chance to proc for 12s, that can’t be cleansed?

Yeah I’d love a 6 sec unbreakable immobilize aoe 600 radius 5 targets on a 48 second CD with a trait that can proc them every 10sec.
Totally comparable right?

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Moa doesn’t immobilise you and has a 4s CD leap (with finisher) and a 10s CD flee skill which is a 3/4s evade and takes you something like 900 distance away rapidly.

I would trade moa for entangle any day of the week now Moa lasts 6s, I have been killed exactly twice since the change and tbh I only died because I was low not because I was full health and bursted while moa as moa is an obvious tell of gtfo.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Yeah I’d love a 6 sec unbreakable immobilize aoe 600 radius 5 targets on a 48 second CD with a trait that can proc them every 10sec.
Totally comparable right?

But you totally have access to all your skills right? It’s not like you would lose access to every one of skills on the skill bar…

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Just dodge/block the 1s cast time Signet of Humility and you are fine for the next 3 minutes.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I realize I’m 1 outta probably 400 players that still runs minion master in roaming, but why in the hell can a mesmer click one skill and turn me into a moa while blowing up my minions?

Didn’t know that. Perhaps that’s a bug? Maybe we should report that in the bug section and see what they say?

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Dodge – Dodge – use skill 5 to leap and 2 to rush, by the timeyou did 2 out of these 4 possibilities the moa already ran out of duration.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Yes, moa is OP as it replaces your skill set with something that you can use to basically run away or attack with if you use the skills it gives with a 3 minute cooldown…

Much worse than trying to hit someone who is in perma stealth, or something that goes ’invuln invuln invuln dodge dodge dodge while you have used your long casting skills on long cool downs then they leap in, stun lock you and wipe you using auto and one spam skill, or 12k CoR on a fast cooldown..

There are a lot more, worse, balance issues than Moa, which is frankly a gimmick. I’ve even killed mesmers whilst being Moa’d, those skills do good damage:-)

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Didn’t know that. Perhaps that’s a bug? Maybe we should report that in the bug section and see what they say?

“A successful cast will end any forms in use by an enemy such as Tornado or Lich Form, and destroy all necromancer minions (except Jagged Horrors).”

Anet logic. Eles, you screwed too lol

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

“A successful cast will end any forms in use by an enemy such as Tornado or Lich Form, and destroy all necromancer minions (except Jagged Horrors).”

Lol, but why? What’s the explanation behind it? Why only necromancer minions? No one considered that killing all minions with 1 skill is a little bit overpowered? So many questions.

Balance by ANet.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I think MOA is ok. Only issue I see with it is if you get immobilized for whatever reason while in it and prevented from using moa #5. So maybe reduce immob, cripple, chill duration while in moa and make immune to roots ? Otherwise leave it as it is. If someone doesnt use moa#5 when they should, that is on them, not on the moa caster.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Lol, but why? What’s the explanation behind it? Why only necromancer minions? No one considered that killing all minions with 1 skill is a little bit overpowered? So many questions.

Balance by ANet.

Transformations (Just like Lichform) end Necromancer minions because you lose the skills they are tied to. Jagged Horrors remain because they are tied to a trait and not to a skill. That’s the explanation behind it.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

moa is fine it has insane CD

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Remove Moa. It is just a skill used to kitten off other players.

Make Signet of Humility like it was in GW1, mean to deactivate signets, not the whole bar.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

of all the skills to complain about…

It is on a massive cooldown and typically only works well when used at just the right time. Generally it is inferior to Gravity or Mass Invis.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Generally it is inferior to Gravity or Mass Invis.

My feelings about this skill…

Honestly the only times I ever get Moa’ed is when I’m being ganked 1v5 out of stealth. But, let’s be honest, they never needed that in the first place…

Like the other dude said, it’s a skill to just kitten off other players. And if people are getting upset about it, I guess it’s doing it’s job well.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Balance by ANet.

Transformations (Just like Lichform) end Necromancer minions because you lose the skills they are tied to. Jagged Horrors remain because they are tied to a trait and not to a skill. That’s the explanation behind it.

So it also destroys mesmer’s illusions and ranger’s spirit/pets?

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

So it also destroys mesmer’s illusions and ranger’s spirit/pets?

The spirits, yes. Mesmer Illusions I’m not sure. They are tied to target and not to the skill, so these problably remain up.

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Now that the cast animation has been fixed and the duration has been reduced to 6 seconds, it’s pretty easy to deal with in a non-chaotic fight. It still has a 3 minute cooldown so it’s only really viable if you split it with Chrono (giving it an even bigger tell), which means it will likely never be used when everyone switches to the next elite spec. It is a single target cast which makes it a pretty darn risky choice of elite, especially in WvW where a random aegis could completely waste your elite.

I think a lot of people just panic when Moa’d which only works in the Mesmer’s favour. If you keep calm and just use Flee to create some distance, then double dodge when the Mesmer pursues and then Kick again to make some more distance, the 6 second transformation will be over. If it’s used as part of a coordinated gank then you’re generally rather kittened, but there are far more reliable tools for ensuring a successful gank anyway…

Gandara

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I once fought a mesmer and warrior on my MM necro.

After they realized the gank wasn’t gonna happen I watched the mesmer clearly frustrated leave combat, stealth, and then moa me. The warrior had his way with me of course but I consider it a win when a glitter thrower casts the skill on me.

Minion master strikes fear into the skinny jean wearing thieves and mesmers

Things to change- Moa

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Minion master strikes fear into the skinny jean wearing thieves and mesmers

I don’t know what kind bad mesmer would fear a MM necro, unless you running like full dire or somenthing (which in that case would mean more fear of conditions themselves than minions).