Think Tank- WvW Rewards

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

What are your ideal rewards and reward structures for wvw?

Go crazy with your ideas folks…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Some way to build a legendary armor set (could be extremely long, but ideally would be cool if it could be done by roaming as well as zergs).

To make the armor specific to WvW, it has two special criteria:
- you only make progress towards it while playing for your server (edge of mists doesn’t count)
- you get one extra supply capacity per piece of legendary armor (so up to +6 more supply)

It would be cool to have a long-term goal like that to work towards

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I would just be happy with some decent things like unique armor/weapons skins to spend badges & now proofs on. A way to slowly unlock that missing WvW legendary backpack would be nice and more mats for ascended back pieces would be lovely as well. I am not really fussy myself, just ways to earn reward levels similar to PvE ones would be a good start. The PvP reward tracks are pretty awesome for that. Something similar in WvW has been asked for ever since they were added to the game.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Zero Sum Rewards:

Zerg participants purchase Defender Tickets when taking a structure such as Stonemist. Attackers can purchase Assault Tickets. A successful assault plunders the Defender Tickets but failure takes away the Assault Tickets and converts them to more Defender Tickets.

Individual players can buy Skirmisher Tickets. If a player with 5 Skirmisher Tickets kills someone with 10, they take away 5 from the defeated for example.

Tickets can be converted to gold/rewards.

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Reward Structure:

• WvW “reward track”

- can be increased via earning WvW XP, completing events in WvW or even daily capture/defend events can count toward progression

Rewards in general:

• I would love to see different armor skins in regards to reached tiers unlocked throughout Bronze all the way up to Diamond rank. (Same with weapon skins)

• Different Siege skins to choose from (similar to Mail Carrier system)

• Flame Ram Tonic (no joke.. Legit ok)

• Legendary WvW back piece

• Miniatures/skins related to WvW that can be purchased with an EXISTING CURRENCY… I’m looking at you, 18k+ Badges of Honor….

I remember posting something similar in a thread ages ago. Really, it would be fantastic to have rewards + a balanced reward system for WvW. Something we can work on either mid term or long term (legendary backpieceeee)

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

*WvW reward track similar to the achievements during season 1.
*HoT mat drops in heavy bags.
*Legendary backpack WvW equivalent.
*Unique armor AND weapon skins for the ranks in WvW. ie Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc
>Problem being EotM empty ranks, but it’s all whatever.
*Boost ascended and exotic droprates.
*Existing WvW currencies/ranks being useful for purchasing things other than outmoded armors/weapons/siege.(especially ranks. WTH is with 1000s of rank points more than are usable)

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Collections/reward track for a set of Ascended Armor.
Legendary backpiece.
Regular WvW seasons on a steady tempo so you can get the weapons and pieces which contribute to armor and backpiece.
A map reward track for each of the zones. Putting Powerful Blood/Charged Lodestones/Giant Eyes should make a map’s participation spike :^)

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

No need to employ even the smallest of braincells, the structure is already in the game, they just decided to kitten over WvW by not adding it.

All they need is sPvP reward track design and slap a generic “WvW reward track” option on top which not only gives chests in intervals, but also normal siege, superior siege and other WvW related things. That way you could focus on something special (just like in sPvP, if you want for example ascalonian badges, legendary mats or whatever) and you got a default track for WvW related rewards.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Repeatable achivements with rewards. We should buy legendary pieces for badges. Remove normal xp and add xp tomes for badges. Reward tracks like in pvp. Bonus magic find after wvw levels on wvw.
I think things should work retrospective to pull back old players.
But i think the new maps are a greater problem now.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’d be happy with no rewards. It’s worked the past three years.

WvW is a delicate balance. Increase rewards too much and you get a giant ktrain. Not enough and you don’t encourage the casuals.

For me, the game itself is the reward — particularly when my scouting is rewarded by spectacularly smooshing the enemy.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Reward tracks, obviously.

A few people have suggested participation tracks for map wide goals much like found in HoT pve. Participation would simply involve being involved in “typical” tasks such as capturing structures, killing enemy dolyaks while protecting your own, stomping and/or killing enemy players, and defending structures. Issues would involve how to deal with afk abuse, but in any case it’d be a much more meaningful reward system as opposed to who can run up and tag the lord fastest. I think anyone that’s trebbed down a wall could agree.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Why is yet another thread needed on this subject? Hasn’t the horse been beaten enough?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Swagger.1459

A few people have suggested participation tracks for map wide goals much like found in HoT pve. Participation would simply involve being involved in “typical” tasks such as capturing structures, killing enemy dolyaks while protecting your own, stomping and/or killing enemy players, and defending structures. Issues would involve how to deal with afk abuse, but in any case it’d be a much more meaningful reward system as opposed to who can run up and tag the lord fastest. I think anyone that’s trebbed down a wall could agree.

I like these ideas and I’ll go back to read the thread a bit more in detail too.

What kinds of rewards would you like to see awarded and earned by track or currency in wvw?

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Ability to earn a “currency” in WvW that can be used to purchase the Currencies in HOT such as the airship parts, ley line stuff and the like or just have the stuff you earn in wvw (badges wvw exp points) the ability to buy these new sigils/runes/recipes directly much as we have with the trinkets and the laurel vendor.

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Any which way to acquire both legendary weapons and armor. Can implemented with a new currency native to WvW, along with a set of tasks along a complete reward track.

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Ascended crafting materials in bonus chests, limited to 1 piece per day. Not the empyreal fragments, dragonite ore, bloodstone dust, but the other ones. Damask, elonian leather, lump of mithrilium. Wvw infusion + globs of dark matter maybe.

Up the badge rewards.

Reward defending more. Killing enemy siege without using siege should reward badges. Killing enemy siege with a treb or ballista should reward several badges. Killing enemies hitting your tower / keep should reward badges (but ac fire should be accounted for).

Up rare drop rate in rankup chests. Guarantee rare or higher for weekly bonus chests.

In PvP you can get 10 silver with no monetary investment in less than 10 min. That doesn’t even count PvP reward tracks.

In WvW you buy siege, disablers, supply traps, food, maint oil, etc. You buy multiple armor/ weapons because of stats. On an average few hours you will get greens and blues and maybe a rare plus 60-90silvers minus all you spent to get the WvW rankup.

Decouple the ridiculous cost for WvW upgrades to guild halls.

WvW guild missions should be looked at. Have them reward badges on top of current rewards maybe.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

copy paste the reward pathes from PvP to WvW and make it possible to obtain ascended items through WvW achivements with WvW Skin only.

This would be a start.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Hot map style progress/participation, without any tier cap. Maybe just one repeatable tier. Chuck in some rng on loot bags to vary it.

Put in items needed for wvw hall upgrades.

Add in an achievement for completing the tier so many times for a given map for legendary back peice. Could use loot gotten from killing players too.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I like these ideas and I’ll go back to read the thread a bit more in detail too.

What kinds of rewards would you like to see awarded and earned by track or currency in wvw?

Well. Here’s the thing.

Rewards only have value if they can’t be easily obtained elsewhere. Memories of Battle is an example, but its use is too niche. Currently, the most reliable thing in WvW is the heavy loot bag, but with t5 mats in the crapper, they have also been devalued.

When you look at PvP tracks, they offer an assortment of items that can’t be trivialy obtained (one notable one was the heavy supply bags), but also alternate ways of getting dungeons for people that don’t want to do them.

This could be anything as simple as having an ascended insignia of the new HoT stats at the end of a track, for example. Or a sinister ring. Or ascended earrings. Or skins. Or Superior Siege.

The success of the PvP reward tracks isn’t because it’s farmable or anything because PvE’rs will still farm in PvE outside of novelty, but it’s a workable system that actually goes with actually playing the content while World vs World’s reward system is an utter failure. In PvP, even failing gets you something. This is not true in WvW. And even if you’re doing okay, someone that’s relatively new to the game can run around a level 25 zone and go around gathering— they will still make more than you selling soft wood and iron.

Some ideas

• +Remove Champ Bags from the lord. Tower Reward = Tower Capture
  • +Rewards for defending structures that you have owned longer, but there is a strict inactivity timer
  • +Rewards for taking structures held by the enemy longer
  • Well, here’s an obvious one. A progress bar for player kills that fills up. But, instead of determining who can staff 1 faster, all players in the vicinity that have “participated” give credit for all kills in the area. You of course still run the problem of leeches, but it’s still better than going into some dumb tagging fest and kittening over support builds that are arguably more important at times.

But those are just ideas. I think it should be balanced around playing WvW, not around tapping as many enemy targets as possible.

As a side note, due to progress in WvW being always kept in check by enemy servers, the rewards will never reach the levels of PvE, so concerns of abuse or leeching aren’t really important unless it’s some kind of severe bug exploit.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

A vendor in the Citadel selling the following:

• All exotic level 80 armor and weapons:
    • Price 20 Badges of Honor
    • Select stats on equip (any stats, not only the 6 common ones)
    • Account bound
  • All ascended armors and weapons:
    • Price 20 Laurels
    • Select stats on equip (any stats)
    • Account bound
  • All superior runes and sigils
    • Price 5 Badges of Honor
    • Account bound
  • All level 80 nourisments (food and utilities)
    • Price 1 Badge of Honor
    • Account bound
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Good and engaging gameplay is its own reward and is fundamental to making any reward work.

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Of course, for some. But we are talking actual rewards and reward structures.

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If they want to fix the reward system it begins and ends with the loot drop system in the game. They need to draw inspiration from Diablo, Borderlands, etc. If players have a serious chance to get real loot on a consistent basis, they will play the hell out of a game just to get those drops.

IMO any player that logs 200+ hours of quality game play in WvW should be able to outfit their player in ascended without having to grind crafting, money, etc. Those drops should also contain some of the best looking skins that are non-transferable. Add in new seasonal items, rune and sigil drops that cannot be traded and are only able to be acquired from active game play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

(Copied from another thread)

I want a purpose for pulling a victory other than mist “Favor” that is shared server wide.

For the heroes that helped the victory of a server a proper reward according to the entitlement if not server wide recognitions thee should welcome us with laurels and gold that matches the glory of those who spill blood in name of the server.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Well. Here’s the thing.

Rewards only have value if they can’t be easily obtained elsewhere. Memories of Battle is an example, but its use is too niche. Currently, the most reliable thing in WvW is the heavy loot bag, but with t5 mats in the crapper, they have also been devalued.

When you look at PvP tracks, they offer an assortment of items that can’t be trivialy obtained (one notable one was the heavy supply bags), but also alternate ways of getting dungeons for people that don’t want to do them.

This could be anything as simple as having an ascended insignia of the new HoT stats at the end of a track, for example. Or a sinister ring. Or ascended earrings. Or skins. Or Superior Siege.

The success of the PvP reward tracks isn’t because it’s farmable or anything because PvE’rs will still farm in PvE outside of novelty, but it’s a workable system that actually goes with actually playing the content while World vs World’s reward system is an utter failure. In PvP, even failing gets you something. This is not true in WvW. And even if you’re doing okay, someone that’s relatively new to the game can run around a level 25 zone and go around gathering— they will still make more than you selling soft wood and iron.

Some ideas

• +Remove Champ Bags from the lord. Tower Reward = Tower Capture
  • +Rewards for defending structures that you have owned longer, but there is a strict inactivity timer
  • +Rewards for taking structures held by the enemy longer
  • Well, here’s an obvious one. A progress bar for player kills that fills up. But, instead of determining who can staff 1 faster, all players in the vicinity that have “participated” give credit for all kills in the area. You of course still run the problem of leeches, but it’s still better than going into some dumb tagging fest and kittening over support builds that are arguably more important at times.

But those are just ideas. I think it should be balanced around playing WvW, not around tapping as many enemy targets as possible.

As a side note, due to progress in WvW being always kept in check by enemy servers, the rewards will never reach the levels of PvE, so concerns of abuse or leeching aren’t really important unless it’s some kind of severe bug exploit.

ArchonWing , having played mesmer for maybe 90% of the time in WvW where most actions are not rewarded (portaling/veils/tagging siege/mediocre enemy “tagging” compared to ele/necro/guard) I can say for a fact that player kills are something that needs to be looked at. Most of my large loot bag hauls are from arrowcarts. A necro dropping wells and marks tags just about everything. A guardian spamming staff 1 in EoTM gets more player kills than anyone in “real” WvW (there is a diamond rank EoTM commander). There are already rewards for kills in the form of loot bags.

Defending needs to be rewarded more & ought to scale with the number of attackers as well. Defending against 25+ should carry more weight. When defending, siege destruction should be credited. If you hit someone’s catapult or ram attacking your tower/keep (with a ballista or just YOLOing it), it should count more than a normal out of combat siege kill. If I feedback/wall of reflection 5+ golems and they implode because the enemy is acting clueless spamming 1 then I should be rewarded more than someone just killing a player. This way it is not just relying on timers.

Attacking-wise : If you treb/cata a wall down and your team takes it (without it flipping to the enemy team in between) then you ought to get credit for the capture.

Also the PvP rewards are being PvE-ed. Just look at the red wins/ blue wins daily PvP rooms with kill swapping. It reminds me of GW1 hero battles. People are tanking their tier in PvP Leagues as well. PvP is indeed “farmable”.

A vendor in the Citadel selling the following:

• All exotic level 80 armor and weapons:
    • Price 20 Badges of Honor
    • Select stats on equip (any stats, not only the 6 common ones)
    • Account bound
  • All ascended armors and weapons:
    • Price 20 Laurels
    • Select stats on equip (any stats)
    • Account bound
  • All superior runes and sigils
    • Price 5 Badges of Honor
    • Account bound
  • All level 80 nourishment (food and utilities)
    • Price 1 Badge of Honor
    • Account bound

There is exotic WvW equipment for about 100-200 badges a piece right now.

While I would fully support what you propose, (especially given the low drop rate of badges these days) it will never happen with the way Arenanet prices things in WvW. Just look at the proof of heroics vendor: 60 badges for a superior trebuchet , 48 badges for a superior shield gen , 30 for a superior cata. The difference between the Arenanet’s extreme cost for superior siege and your extremely low cost for ascended equipment is hilarious; siege is something expendable while armor is reused time and again.

It is far easier to earn low amount of badges just doing WvW dailies than it is to earn hundreds of proof of heroics. That is why 5 badges of honor for a superior rune or sigil would destroy the rune/sigil economy. If instead it were 10 proof of heroics per rune or 20 per sigil then it would be more likely. You’re assuming that accountbound won’t affect the economy. Look at what happened with the dyes after the dyes were in birthday gifts. You would be drastically increasing supply and lowering demand at the same time.

If the ascended equipment only costed laurels , expect PvErs to come to WvW to buy the armor only. If it costed 100-250 proof of heroics per piece depending on piece (i.e. only WvW currencies) then I would see it working. They’re more likely to hand WvW players the materials to craft them to be realistic. It’s currently 125 badges for a WvW infusion, in addition to the laurels.

i.e.
100 proof of heroics + 20 Memories of battle = headgear/shoulders
125 proof of heroics + 25 Memories of battle = footwear/gloves OR 1 handed weapon/offhand
175 proof of heroics + 35 Memories of battle = legs OR 2 handed weapon
250 proof of heroics + 50 Memories of battle = chestpiece
TOTAL = 875 proof of heroics for a full set of armor (about 100 WvW rankups)

Stats given should not matter as much with the mystic forge change (Anthology of Heroes).

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

It is well possible that such low prices would destroy portion of PvE players’ gold income. I just don’t see any reason for WvW players to carry PvE players this way. All the best-in-slot gear should be easily available for all WvW players without leaving WvW.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Think Tank- WvW Rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I think the biggest reward for wvw would be for a dev to actually post in this forum.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.