Thinking about returning to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mokambo.3649

Mokambo.3649

Hello

Been away for more than 1 year and thinking about returning to gw2 for wvw mainly, maybe some spvp here and there too however i don’t feel like playing teef anymore (been playing thief for the most part in 3 years ). Want to switch to something else but after reviewing each profession why i should/should not play it straight off the bat i was left with 2, possible 3 options and i have no idea how they perform currently.

I had a glimpse at the patch notes but overall what i understood was that the majority of the players still running cancer condi builds. I personally dislike playing condi so that is out of the question and i am mainly looking for solo roaming or havoc parties. So, for the tl:dr part here is the million dollar question:

For solo roaming/havoc parties with a power based build which of the following proffesions are worth their salt and why: Dragon Hunter, Chronomancer or Herald?

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Not Chronomancer, probably. I’m basing that on how often I see them and what people say on here, not personal experience.

Dragon Hunter is decent and has some really dumb anti-range potential, but they’re a very lopsided class. Either their stuff works and you can’t do much about it, or it doesn’t work and they just get rolled.

Herald has so much power tied up in team stuff that it is not all that amazing alone. It can be done, but there’s not much flexibility.

That said, DH or Herald works very well in havoc parties and can make a respectable showing alone. The meta is still condi or bust when it comes to small-scale and you’ve chosen the latter.

in WvW

Mokambo.3649

Iirc power herald is trash dealing with conditions. Still true or has changed over time?

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Chrono is unquestionably the best of the ones you listed, but all 3 of them are mediocre to subpar for roaming.

Look at power druid/power ranger, or power berserker. Those can run some godly/obnoxious power builds.

in WvW

Mokambo.3649

I would play a berzerker if i wouldn’t knew it will bore me after 1 week in the best case scenario as it always had. Too much of a classic warrior archetype for me.

Dunno about ranger though. The terrible pet control mechanic is what always drove me away from that profession although i remember always being one of the better roamers.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

As a ranger main since nearly launch I don’t understand that. Your pet will attack or recall as you want it, and you can use that to pull it out of AoE which is of extremely minimal concern in small scale.

I’m not sure what else I expect from the AI but to obey, and it does.

There are some really awful F2 pet abilities, but that’s nor relevant because you’re not stupid and using those pets.

in WvW

Mokambo.3649

Tbh what i remember is AI being unresponsive or delayed plenty of time in the past but i always though it was part of being a ranger, like….bugged LB traits or crappy weapon animations (cough sword AA cough)

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

I liked the old sword AA though, though I’m not sad that it’s gone.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Mokambo.3649

wait…gone? as in they changed (fixed) it? Guess i have a lot of catching up to do…

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Blow up DH is solid but speed is an issue. Power Mes is strong but finicky. Either is very strong in a skirmish setting particularly DH. Two DH in competent hands are the toughest fights I get outside of Bunker Tempest/Any other class.

Stun Lock Warrior is one of the best power roaming builds right now. Not as good as DH in the fights but has more escape and moves better. Power Thief is still a strong contender but generally requires stealth to survive.

Some will run Ranger/Druid in power builds which can work but a lot of holes in that class that require exceptional play to cover.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”