This Makes Me Feel So Awful

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

So I come in during what my guild calls WvW form up and you know, I haven’t looked at the WvW panel yet but when I come onto the borderlands all I see is this(picture attachment). Guys seriously try to work with each other to do something about this, make WvW mandatory in some way, make players utilize that PvE armor they worked so hard to get, work out a strategy, improve your builds, make players do something productive instead of fighting that stupid dragon in Frostgeorge Sound for the 456th time! I hate going into WvW and running around aimlessly in enemy borderlands for 2 hours doing absolutely nothing, and at that moment when some enemy players do arrive it’s like about a good 5-10 people about to mercilessly take a bashing , I hate that we have to fight the same exact map blobs over and over again, and I hate that the other borderlanders aren’t even taking the challenge to even try WvW. To those who try to help their servers I salute you, but to those who just kill the same chicken in Orr all I have to say is shame on you. Here’s how silly it gets, my guild literally tries to jump on the dead bodies in order to try and taunt more players into coming to fight us because we want that challenge, we want someone to fight back at us for crying out loud! So please, whoever is out there, please just try to make the mist war a priority, try to beat it into those numbskulls that just want to farm gold everyday, devise a specific schedule or something. The reason I advocate this is because there’s no point in grinding for gold, or farming dungeons or doing story if what you’re doing is killing the same monsters that don’t even present a meaningful challenge to anyone, its better that you learn to use what you have and apply some sort of skill set to it, otherwise you’ll get bored of playing the game and eventually end up quitting because you got bored of killing the dragon and getting 60 silver out of it every single day. Once again, please consider making WvW a priority, it is another way of playing the game, don’t jsut sit there in LA and do nothing, and try to challenge your peers.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

inb4MatchupLock
And which of those servers are you on? If you’re on NSP, don’t expect much. You have the better coverage and more numbers. Whats the point in trying if that group of 5-10 is going to be run over by a group of 20? We’re also tired of fighting against NSP.
(It also depends on the time you’re playing at)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

No worries, the new commandersystem will change it!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Here’s how silly it gets, my guild literally tries to jump on the dead bodies in order to try and taunt more players into coming to fight us

That’s a really counter-productive thing to do.

with mega-servers, ppl can’t drop back to LA and make a rallying call for help, so all you and your guild are doing is making it less fun for the opponents that DID show up, which is more than likely to just make them leave.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

Here’s how silly it gets, my guild literally tries to jump on the dead bodies in order to try and taunt more players into coming to fight us

That’s a really counter-productive thing to do.

I’d agree. I’m a SF player and have been dipping my toes in WvW. Reading things like that doesn’t make me more inclined to jump in and play.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Maybe your guild should transfer to SF to even out the population.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Don’t feel bad, at least you can say you’re the #1 PvDoor server right now.

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Paragraphs. Learn to use them.

Seriously though, jumping on dead bodies isn’t going to have the desired effect. It’s rather poor sportsmanship. If you want a challenge, try running in smaller groups.

The rest of your post appears to be ranting about PvE. It’s a game mode, deal with it. Not everyone wants to WvW. Step down off the soap box.

in WvW

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Suit yourselves then, my guild mates and I are not sad, and people in your servers praise us for our work, as much as I don’t want to elude the conversation, I was merely offering a suggestion to make you look more significant, not to my server but to every other server that bad mouths you. I don’t care if you feed us more bags during form up ,nor if you just suddenly disappeared from WvW; I was only offering a suggestion because I care for a better challenge, honestly my guild had 17 members online last night, and with the pugs it made about 31-32, yet an entire map blob came to EB and even DH put up a better fight than SF. I don’t know much about posting on forums, but I will cease to continue replying on this thread for that the sole purpose of trying to get better sportsmanship has unequivocally failed. Also, my guild doesn’t usually encourage good sportsmanship, we do what we want, when we want, how we want, jumping on dead bodies is the least of our taunting tactics.

in WvW

Posted by: Helzy.4036

Helzy.4036

But but SF is in fine shape, just ask you local forum warrior leopardwhatever.

No i didn’t read, far to long of a post for a QQ.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum

The WvW Community has created new spaces online for Match-ups and other off-topic discussions, so it would be best to talk to the other players on your server to find out best where they plan and discuss.