This Subforum has no Dev Team Communication

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

If you want more communication, start by trying to teach the community how to communicate professionally and understand that sometimes plans change. Maybe then you’ll see more red posts here.

If you want more money, start by trying to teach your developers how to communicate professionally and understand that sometimes customer’s loyalties change. Maybe then you’ll see more happy posts here.

Why should Devs have to deal with customers?
A community manager is bound to do a better job at it…
Anything linked with dealing with customer needs a customer-oriented mindset – which is not the main ability demanded of a developper (and shouldn’t be).

I saw devs posts diminishing at times of changes – which, for me, means they concentrate on their real job – developping – and not on something that is a “loss of developping time” – customer service.

We all knew Josh would be way too busy with all the hats he’s got to wear… Which is not a dev problem, but a management problem…

Maybe it’s not even an Anet problem, but a NCsoft problem, that pushes Anet to do this and that?

WvW team is what… two devs?
I feel they are working kitten EOtM at the moment… so yeah, don’t expect much WvW wise…

Now, about things not being repaired… Just keep sending bugs reports everytime a known bug is showing… Eventually they will get tired of receiving team UI kick report, wall passing report, reports about that bugged door, and so on…
I don’t think WvW devs are responsible of all bug-fixing…

They have to establish priorities, it is known… so the more reports of this and that being bugged, the more it moves to the top of the pile… So, yeah, even if you know something has been reported, juts keep reporting it

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Who in their right mind would want to discuss anything with the people who frequent this forum? The WvW community in this game is the whiniest collection of children ever assembled in any game to date. Anet won’t just come out and say that but that’s absolutely the reason.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

(edited by Maladon.5760)

in WvW

Jocksy.3415

Who in their right mind would want to discuss anything with the people who frequent this forum? The WvW community is this game is the whiniest collection of children ever assembled in any game to date. Anet won’t just come out and say that but that’s absolutely the reason.

[…]
The WvW community is this forum is the whiniest collection […]

;)

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

/shines a bright light on himself interrogation style

We’ll be talking about upcoming WvW stuff starting next week. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what we’ll be talking about quite yet, but I figured at the very least I’d give you folks a timeline to go off of.

As an aside, we’re also expanding our bi-weeky livestream (Ready Up) to cover WvW in addition to PvP and balance. WvW will be the main topic on our next episode (1/31). I’ll officially announce the stream with a post next week sometime.

Anyways, I hope this helps!

-Josh

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Grouch, your posts are always helpful, and I’d like to think if Anet had 10 of you, we’d be happier as a player base. I think a lot of us are concerned about the future of the game with the lack of communication, large amount of inaction and the huge shifts in play style which are led by the patches which make people grind.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

We’ll be talking about upcoming WvW stuff starting next week. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what we’ll be talking about quite yet, but I figured at the very least I’d give you folks a timeline to go off of.

As an aside, we’re also expanding our bi-weeky livestream (Ready Up) to cover WvW in addition to PvP and balance. WvW will be the main topic on our next episode (1/31). I’ll officially announce the stream with a post next week sometime.

-Josh

So are we getting info (not stream info) in the beginning/mid of the week or just during the Ready up stream thing?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

To the people that say “why would you post here as a dev” or “everything they post goes under a microscope”:

1. Welcome to MMOs I hope you are enjoying your first one.
2. A better way to stay out of that microscope is to post adequately enough (varies) to keep the microscope “zoomed out”.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

One thing we have not received are regular updates, forum updates, even saying we’re still testing things out every week or so just to keep us up to date would be nice. I myself found Devon’s STF-Up until 2014 post most displeasing.

Just some acknowledgement of what we’re complaining about would be nice, instead of getting infracted all the time.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

If they want more sales for gems in wvw then they need to provide more useful wvw items, there have been many suggestions already. To make more from wvw they need to put some work into it, just like they decided to make four teams for living story. At this point I doubt they even have five people working on wvw.

At least josh is here now maybe we won’t feel so neglected in the future, depending on how much he keeps us in touch with stuff in the works.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

If you want more communication, start by trying to teach the community how to communicate professionally and understand that sometimes plans change. Maybe then you’ll see more red posts here.

If you want more money, start by trying to teach your developers how to communicate professionally and understand that sometimes customer’s loyalties change. Maybe then you’ll see more happy posts here.

Anything linked with dealing with customer needs a customer-oriented mindset – which is not the main ability demanded of a developper (and shouldn’t be)….

Why? Because it gives us an idea of what’s going on, people who are passionate about what they’re doing enjoy speaking about it. Surely corporate policy isn’t to keep everything secret.

A community manager at best is sharing second or third hand information.

And you’re telling me that the following links are driven by a customer-orientated mindset?

Eve Online
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs

The Secret World
http://www.thesecretworld.com/news

Final Fantasy XIV: Arr
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/998-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-X

Even kittenty Neverwinter Nights does a better job
http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=dev-blog

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Grouch, your posts are always helpful, and I’d like to think if Anet had 10 of you, we’d be happier as a player base. I think a lot of us are concerned about the future of the game with the lack of communication, large amount of inaction and the huge shifts in play style which are led by the patches which make people grind.

So.. You’re saying if I take acting lessons and change my name to Josh Davis, I may have a secure job?

in WvW

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

Anything linked with dealing with customer needs a customer-oriented mindset – which is not the main ability demanded of a developper (and shouldn’t be).

I saw devs posts diminishing at times of changes – which, for me, means they concentrate on their real job – developping – and not on something that is a “loss of developping time” – customer service.

As a game developer, thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

They’re working on spvp stuff. The wvw team is a subset of the spvp team.

You better hope not, thier is only like 3 and a half people on the spvp team. We are all hurting for new content and updates.

Spvp/wvw/dungeons are all the reject game modes with the least amount of devs.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

-Josh

This doesn’t really address the OP’s initial point. They were talking about the lack of dev response in this subforum, presumably compared to dev response in other forums, such as the pvp subforum, which seems to get showered with responses. Little red anet tags next to a thread in this subforum more often than not just tells of a thread lock, or a soooooon™
We’re not asking for twitch livestreams talking about eotm (which is primarily aimed at alleviating issues in T1, and one of the last reasons people transfer from higher tiers to lower tiers), we’re asking for feedback in the WvW Discussion subforum. You can engage with the community and provide a structured sense of direction for your game without revealing specifics about updates, and I believe that’s what the OP was aiming for.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Who in their right mind would want to discuss anything with the people who frequent this forum? The WvW community in this game is the whiniest collection of children ever assembled in any game to date. Anet won’t just come out and say that but that’s absolutely the reason.

Garbage. We weren’t whiny until we realized about a year ago that we weren’t being heard at all. Every time some dev showed up here to actually chat with us (brief as those periods were) the tone of this forum improved dramatically. That happened with Habbib and it happened initially with Devon … at least until we realized he wasn’t in the least sympathetic with anything we had we say and was determined to put in place all sorts of things we neither asked for nor wanted. There have been countless valid and valuable suggestions posted to this forum that were never even acknowledged, much less acted upon or explained away.

Players are again hopeful (but understandably very cautious) now that Josh has poked his head in the door, and if he lives up to his word you’ll again see a dramatic improvement in the attitudes expressed in this forum.

All of this is firmly in the hands (and lap) of ANet … just exactly as it is for any other company dealing with the public. There are tried and true ways of establishing customer good will, and many companies have done an excellent job of that in spite of having outspoken and demanding customers. It’s not difficult at all to find some amazing stories out there of companies who do it right. The problem is that ANet isn’t one of those companies, and as a whole they have done an absolutely abysmal job of convincing their customer base that they listen and care. Maybe Josh can make a difference … maybe not. But if he and the rest of the WvW team truly consider us (their customers) to be nothing but a bunch of whiny children then they are as misguided as you are.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Snip.

I understand where you’re coming from. Heck, the ‘shower of responses’ on the sPvP forums is probably from me.

WvW is an incredibly complex game-type that caters to individuals with a wide array of interests, whether that’s coordinated large-scale guild groups, havoc groups, small-man roaming, roaming alone, zerg surfing, and whatever else floats your respective boats. I’ve been spending a considerable amount of time reading through threads in this forum – the good, the bad, and the ultra ugly. Getting your finger on the pulse of WvW can be difficult when there’s multiple perspectives on every issue. This is on me to sort through, and I want to make sure I do right by you guys.

In the meantime, please continue to provide feedback. This is essential. In case you’re wondering what I want for Valentine’s Day: I like lists, break-downs, and bullet points.

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

@Cactus: You understand that a whiny child is often only whiny when he/she isn’t receiving attention, correct? And the tantrums/whining are an attempt to get more attention?

If the community at large sees that they aren’t being heard (getting attention), then commences with an ever-increasing barrage of negativity and complaints (some justified, but much of it whining), then what are some of us supposed to see you as?

I love seeing red posts, and I would love to see more re: WvW. However, try to step back and really look at the behavior exhibited on a larger scale, and maybe the analogy won’t seem so misguided.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Jocksy.3415

Anything linked with dealing with customer needs a customer-oriented mindset – which is not the main ability demanded of a developper (and shouldn’t be)….

Why? Because it gives us an idea of what’s going on, people who are passionate about what they’re doing enjoy speaking about it. Surely corporate policy isn’t to keep everything secret.

And you’re telling me that the following links are driven by a customer-orientated mindset?

Eve Online

The Secret World

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/998-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-X

1 – Where did I state a dev can’t have a customer-oriented mindset?
I only stated it was not the main reason to hire a dev.

2- about your links
First (Eve Online) is devs posts.
But such is to be expected from a pay to play game

Second (secret world) is a mix of Game director and standard press agent posts – not much from devs – and once again, it is a pay to play game

Third (Final Fantasy XIV)
Most posts there are from a community rep… not from dev…
I looked at the PvP thread… not much devs or community manager answers there…
and when you go in dev tracker, you see that most (if not all) posts are made by some king of community managers…

Fourth
most recent post is in november?
yeah, great communication…
Now, go in dev tracker, and who writes there? oh, community managers, admins, the occasional producer… hardly any devs…

Now, I’ll send you the same kind of biased link you sent, but about GW :
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/community/community-news/
here’s more infos :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news
or this?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates

yep, no communications whatsoever from the GW2 team, compared to other games (sarcasm)…

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I’ve been spending a considerable amount of time reading through threads in this forum – the good, the bad, and the ultra ugly.

You’d be better creating a new thread asking people views, instead of reading through mountains of negative comments. If you create such a thread it would not only save you time, but people will post more constructive replies, which is what most mods like :P

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

In case you’re wondering what I want for Valentine’s Day: I like lists, break-downs, and bullet points.

Everyone loves a good breakdown, here’s a band full of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf9vAq0PJEI

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Tinkereratheart.5086

Tinkereratheart.5086

Snip.

I understand where you’re coming from. Heck, the ‘shower of responses’ on the sPvP forums is probably from me.

WvW is an incredibly complex game-type that caters to individuals with a wide array of interests, whether that’s coordinated large-scale guild groups, havoc groups, small-man roaming, roaming alone, zerg surfing, and whatever else floats your respective boats. I’ve been spending a considerable amount of time reading through threads in this forum – the good, the bad, and the ultra ugly. Getting your finger on the pulse of WvW can be difficult when there’s multiple perspectives on every issue. This is on me to sort through, and I want to make sure I do right by you guys.

In the meantime, please continue to provide feedback. This is essential. In case you’re wondering what I want for Valentine’s Day: I like lists, break-downs, and bullet points.

More of the same talk but no action, as far as we know SOMETHING for WvW is not coming until after March when the LS ends, why we have to wait til after the LS to get something after nothing since november (bloodlust), who knows.
at least youre collecting feedback, I like to collect stuff too, passes the time

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

WvW is often one of the most addicting modes of play.

One suggestion I hope you are kicking around is the idea of making the size of the maps bigger with more objectives to break up some of these really big zergs that pose even simple problems like lag.

Or you could have more maps. If more maps, it would be great to see an underground dungeon type fight.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

In case you’re wondering what I want for Valentine’s Day: I like lists, break-downs, and bullet points.

Everyone loves a good breakdown, here’s a band full of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf9vAq0PJEI

I like you.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

-Josh

We are awaiting news on:-

1) WXP being made account bound.
2) New WvW map that will mean no more queues (not that that’s much of a problem atm)
3) When Season 2 of WvW is.

Most are assuming we will get those in the ‘features’ patch around end of March/April.

You could however give us Season 2 of WvW in the meantime, it would keep us occupied. Also, a lot of WvW players are not interested in the living story and are not going to bother no matter what so a Season 2 of WvW won’t have any effect on Living Story in PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Baels.3469

Baels.3469

Snip.

It is complex, and there a wide array of perspectives. But there is one thing that needs to happen.

A new scoring system and or complete overhaul. Sit down for a day, a week, a month. Come up with something that doesn’t rely on total server domination. Shorter scoring rotations, complete scoring overhaul. etc. Drastic. Open up a test server EOTM styles. Trial it. Not ready to talk about it? Why not let us in on the creative process. Spend less man hours umm-ing and arr-ing and let us give it to you direct. We know you guys have/had a vision for WvW, and don’t want to abandon those core elements – so don’t. Work with us on this one.

WvW is so uncompetitive, despite what the ‘numbers’ might represent – actually no, they show that it’s uncompetitive too. The vast majority could give two baby cats about the outcome. This has seen a decline in anything that could be called real time tactics, and the rise of… “Where’s the blob pls?”

Originally I thought of WvW like a game of chess – hit them where it hurts, tactics and intelligent plays everywhere. Control the map, have cross map awareness. etc. But, alas…. I have no more incentive to do so. It’s no longer ‘fun’. Win or lose, we’re getting….. ? We’re contributing to…… ?

The rise of GvG guilds wanting an arena to GvG is because ‘fighting’ became the primary mode of entertainment in WvW, as opposed to the game itself.

Yes, WvW has it’s moments. There are some real epic moments here and there – Yes, there are some good fights/sieges… but with time and a growing disinterest in the current format…. rarely.

Again, the numbers may reflect that there are people in WvW all the time – which there are, and many enjoy it. But there are WvW players, and there are “WvW” players. It has the potential to be great, but at the moment, I can too easily liken World versus World to a Frostgourge champion train.

Whole heartedly appreciative of the two CDI threads we had on server balance/commander system – but no amount of server tweaks, culling changes etc. will address the balance. I feel like a complete overhaul of some of the ‘core’ ways WvW plays out could address many, many, many issues – whilst keeping to the fundamentals that make WvW what it is, or rather; what it should be.

Blackgate
[MERC] – Oceanic

(edited by Baels.3469)

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

I like you.

:)

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

/first post

Dear Josh,
we alreaedy know about changes in WXP ranks. We know about EOTM.
We know there will be balance updates.

1) anything more you will talk about? Just say yes or no
2)Do we will know timeframe of releasing WXP acc b. and EOTM? At least a month ahead?
3) Really mixing PvP and WvW balance update? Like these 2 mini games have so much common. You know, the gear, trait and stat difference, lvling etc..

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

1. When are you going to follow up on the world population CDI and actually do something about the issue?
2. When are you going to follow up on the world population CDI and actually do something about the issue?
3. When are you going to follow up on the world population CDI and actually do something about the issue?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Snip.

Nice sincere-sounding post. But we’ve read posts like this before from other devs.
Here’s how it goes:

• “Give us lists of issues you want discussed.” Then:
  • “Nice lists, we’ll discuss them a bit in the forum.” Then:
  • “I’ll bring the ideas discussed to the WvW team.” Then:
  • <crickets>
  • <crickets>
  • <crickets>
  • “Great news, we’ve renamed Guard Leech!”
  • Forum rages and devs don’t return for 4 months.
  • Rinse and repeat with another dev, starting with a nice post promising player concerns will be heard.

We’re feeling stonewalled. We need to see something. Proof of Life, if you will.

(To be honest, I’d say there’s a good chance absolutely nothing’s going to change with WvW until the end of March where the “big reveal” <cue drumrolls> is that Account-bound WXP will arrive in early April to counter the new MMO coming out that month — pretty sad.)

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I like lists, break-downs, and bullet points.

Then let me please repost one of the best lists from this thread.

1) They buffed arrow carts
2) They added ranks
3) They added mastery lines
4) They added orb buffs
5) They added PPT for stomping
6) They added Living Story
7) They added achievements
8) They added WvW infusions
9) They made siege tradable
10) They added random matchups
11) They deleted the WvW matchup forum

We players never asked for these things and for the most part we really don’t want them, while things that we have been asking for since day one are still not dealt with.

1) Guild commander tags
2) Guild management tools, specifically “last seen”
3) Colored commander tags, or at least Lt. Commander tags
4) Kick the offline party member in WvW
5) Zoom hacks, specifically with AC’s
6) Auto loot that works
7) Perma noob stealth thief
8) Two classes with no speed signet
9) Rewards on par with PvE events
10) Rewards for defensive play on par with zerging
11) Forging multiple superior siege as one action
12) Your top complaint here please

I know these things and more were discussed in the relatively recent CDI but since that thread was closed communications with the devs has gone cold. Considering the beating Devon Carver took over Season One, I’m not surprised he doesn’t post here anymore.

Still, we need communications because it does make players feel better when they need a bit of a rant. Actually addressing some of our issues would be even better.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in WvW

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Wait, we want zoom hacks?

Joking aside. Few issues I know are prominent.

1. Conditions being far too potent. Main problem being immobilise.
2. No counter play for trebuchets in keeps.
3. Trebuchet is a counter to every single attack strategy in large keeps, with no draw back to the defensive team. A treb should not be able to hit a gate and do no damage except to something on the other side.
4. Poison cows are too strong for the same reasons as above. Drain supply is too cheap or just too strong in general. Poison is strong enough. Make it so the main treb hit drains a certain amount of supply if hit. Poison drains supply if hitting keep supply.
5. Arrow carts are too strong. We can’t go away from the range because the treb cow will hit and drain supply, yet when we hug, 3 sup arrow carts kill people in seconds.
6. Waypoints need to be looked at. Only allowing certain amount of players in when contested.
7. Limiting golems per map.
8. Immobilise
9. General pass at play/counter-play. I’m big on the ability to creatively counter play scenarios. But some of the above is, and I will go as far to say this, impossible without a massive large scale golem assault. Which some servers just can’t afford.
10. Dead respawn timer set to maybe 5 minutes.

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by KarlusDavius.1024)

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Tiggy I totally agree with your list.

Do we have any conclusion from commander CDI?
There was also a question: some easy things like commander colors soon or everything later?
Most people wanted at least something very soon.
Any results? Not even an usual timeframe “this year”. Nothing,nada, zero,nula.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Wait, we want zoom hacks?

Nooooo…..

And no to perma stealth too. Nobody should have that much stealth uptime, mobility and damage in one character. Please don’t bring the l2p arguments. I know how to drive off a thief. Hell, half the time they leave by themselves which is the problem. Only a stupid thief ever dies. They just leave when they’re being pressed.

Joking aside. Few issues I know are prominent.

More than a few, and yeah I hear ya. some stuff is all in jest.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

How about limiting the time one can stay dead inside a keep?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Eve Online

The Secret World

1 – Where did I state a dev can’t have a customer-oriented mindset?
I only stated it was not the main reason to hire a dev.

2- about your links
First (Eve Online) is devs posts.
But such is to be expected from a pay to play game

Second (secret world) is a mix of Game director and standard press agent posts – not much from devs – and once again, it is a pay to play game

Third (Final Fantasy XIV)
Most posts there are from a community rep… not from dev…
I looked at the PvP thread… not much devs or community manager answers there…
and when you go in dev tracker, you see that most (if not all) posts are made by some king of community managers…

Fourth
most recent post is in november?
yeah, great communication…
Now, go in dev tracker, and who writes there? oh, community managers, admins, the occasional producer… hardly any devs…

Now, I’ll send you the same kind of biased link you sent, but about GW :
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/community/community-news/
here’s more infos :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news
or this?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates

yep, no communications whatsoever from the GW2 team, compared to other games (sarcasm)…

The difference is that everyone except ArenaNet talk about their future plans, discuss things with their customer base, respond to feedback and in most cases actually deliver balance patches worth a kitten .

I’m so glad you’re content with the level of interaction, frankly it doesn’t cut it for the majority of people on this forum and many who do not bother to come here. If you can truly say the level of communication is on par with other companies then this must be the first MMO you’ve played.

Furthermore using subscriptions as an argument against communication makes no sense, I would think that a game basing their income on micro-transactions would make a better effort at keeping their customers happy.

Different strokes for different folks.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

Jocksy.3415

If I had to pay for a game, I’d expect it to deal asap with any issues raised…
Since I do not have to pay to play GW – gems can be bought with gold, keys can be gotten with level 5 human warrior, and the only thing gems are used for are things that are nice addition to the game, but nothing needed to play it.

As everyone, I want more interrations… but not necessarily from devs, just from people who care and have a customer-oriented perspective.

Problem with communications from devs is that they talk about their baby. Most devs are the same. it’s their baby, they do not want it changed.

Community managers and producers, on the other hand, are often less implicated in what the game is, and are more looking forward to what it can be.

You keep attacking me, taking in my posts what I do not say.

Please tell me where I stated that
1) a dev can’t have a customer-oriented mindset? (no answer in your previous post)
2) I’m content with the level of interaction
(just because I stated that the links you provided is not showing that communications from devs is not what happens in most forums?)

you’re stretching things way too far from my purpose, and just throws out general assumptions that, if I’m nott accepting your arguments, then I’m all the way agaist you…

I would have no counter arguments to yours, if yours would make sense, and really back up whatever your pretenses are…

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

godspeed Josh

in WvW

Cactus.2710

WvW is often one of the most addicting modes of play.

One suggestion I hope you are kicking around is the idea of making the size of the maps bigger with more objectives to break up some of these really big zergs that pose even simple problems like lag.

Or you could have more maps. If more maps, it would be great to see an underground dungeon type fight.

Various ANet devs have already pointed ou several times that the GW2 game engine is simply not capable of handling larger maps than are already in the game. That’s just an unfortunate fact of life that will never change. It would indeed be nice to have more maps, though, but they’ve also stated that making a new map is probably the most resource-intensive activity for the devs … and we already know that there is less than a handful of them assigned to WvW.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I’ve been spending a considerable amount of time reading through threads in this forum – the good, the bad, and the ultra ugly.

You’d be better creating a new thread asking people views, instead of reading through mountains of negative comments. If you create such a thread it would not only save you time, but people will post more constructive replies, which is what most mods like :P

I think I agree with this, Josh. Post a new thread, explain that you’re new to the WvW forums and looking for a fresh start to a discussion on the key issues facing WvW, ask for bullet-format only summaries (we can always elaborate later) in two categories —-- (1) problems in the existing game and (2) opportunities to enhance the game , stress the need for positive and respectful posts, and then promise to summarize and comment on them sometime before hell freezes over. There is a LOT of carryover frustration and anger generated by the lack of attention from your predecessors so you’ll probably still get some snippy posts, but the majority of us here … even the angry ones … truly want WvW to realize its potential and I’d be very surprised if you weren’t able to turn things around. It’s basically up to you …

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

When I was playing Tera, zerging was aweful during nexus times. It was causing lag, massive crashes etc…

How did they fix that? They limit the amount of players able to participate with a 120 players max quest, forcing others to move to another nexus.

Here’s my idea. Limit the amount of players able to attack a keep or a tower with a quest. Quest has limited entries, let’s say 25 for a keep. If your server is attacking this keep with 40, 15 wouldn’t get any reward. No wxp, no champ chest, nothing.

At the same time, give defenders the same quest. With maybe 20 entries or less depending of siege/upgrades. Now, people have an incentive to defend.

Defenders would have to wipe attackers that take the quest, attackers would have to kill the lord. So you could get wxp from attacking AND defending.

All the extra players would have to move to another keep or tower to get any reward, same for the defenders. That would help to break the zerg imo.

Then scale the rewards with the numbers of players participating. For example, you are 25 attacking and there’s only 5 defending. You got less reward. That would help to counter night capping. Or making it less effective.

I’m not sure if I’m clear enough, english isn’t my first language. Ty for reading.

VoxL, NSPPT

in WvW

Jocksy.3415

GW2 philosophy has always been to give same reward for same participation.
I can’t think of a single event in the game that makes it so only a few people participating to it gets the reward.
One player collecting resources is not making it unavailable to another player, one player killing a mob does not stop another player that fought it to get rewards, and so on.

A server that zergs loses on what it can do, while splitting might award him more points, especially against a zerging server (like non zerging server attacks 3 positions, zerging server can only defend one – or a zerg that takes a camp and sentries is less effective than one that takes structures while a roaming group takes camps and sentries).

So the game is already rewarding non zerging through PPT…

The problem is that PPT favors coverage – so a server with less coverage has no incitative to split to gain PPT, since MU is already lost because of their off time…

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Various ANet devs have already pointed ou several times that the GW2 game engine is simply not capable of handling larger maps than are already in the game. That’s just an unfortunate fact of life that will never change. It would indeed be nice to have more maps, though, but they’ve also stated that making a new map is probably the most resource-intensive activity for the devs … and we already know that there is less than a handful of them assigned to WvW.

And yet EOTM is significantly larger even than EB.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Cactus.2710

And yet EOTM is significantly larger even than EB.

Says who? The devs have clearly stated that there is a maximum map size the game engine can handle and that the existing WvW maps are at that limit. If EOTM is larger than EB they would have to be porting over to a different engine, and I sincerely doubt that is the case.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

-Josh

Where is Devon Carver? Your probably going to say that he’s behind closed doors working on more important things, but i get the feeling he’s no longer at the helm.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

-Josh

Where is Devon Carver? Your probably going to say that he’s behind closed doors working on more important things, but i get the feeling he’s no longer at the helm.

I’m satisfied that he’s gone from these forums. I’ve never seen any dev so philosophically opposed to the direction desired by the majority of the player base, so emotionally opposed to any sort of accommodation, and so void of any willingness to communicate.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

devon should prob leave anet off his resume

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I think I agree with this, Josh. Post a new thread, explain that you’re new to the WvW forums and looking for a fresh start to a discussion on the key issues facing WvW, ask for bullet-format only summaries (we can always elaborate later) in two categories —-- (1) problems in the existing game and (2) opportunities to enhance the game , stress the need for positive and respectful posts, and then promise to summarize and comment on them sometime before hell freezes over. There is a LOT of carryover frustration and anger generated by the lack of attention from your predecessors so you’ll probably still get some snippy posts, but the majority of us here … even the angry ones … truly want WvW to realize its potential and I’d be very surprised if you weren’t able to turn things around. It’s basically up to you …

This is a similar idea.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Dolyak-Express-for-WvW/first#post3546910

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I didn’t care much for that guy either, but witch hunting is counter-productive. We finally have a line of communication open. Don’t waste that opportunity by being crass.

Give Grouch a clean slate to work with and maybe we won’t scare him off.

in WvW

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Locking this thread before it gets too out of hand. Criticism is cool, but bashing my coworkers is not.