This content requires GW2 HoT

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

To change WvW armor stats for ascended armor earned entirely in WvW, bravo Anet bravo, you continue to amaze me with your sheer failure.

in WvW

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

You need HoT for PvE legendary armor too. I think Gliding should be free too but at the same time it’s 20$ and you get so much content, support the game for pete’s sake.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

You need HoT for PvE legendary armor too. I think Gliding should be free too but at the same time it’s 20$ and you get so much pve content, support the game for pete’s sake.

You’re welcome.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: GrackFields.7805

GrackFields.7805

You need HoT for PvE legendary armor too. I think Gliding should be free too but at the same time it’s 20$ and you get so much content, support the game for pete’s sake.

I have 3 paid accounts. I purchased HoT on one of them and I absolutely hated everything about the expansion. It was literally forced torture playing it when I wanted to unlock specific runes time gated behind stuff I didn’t want to do. Thank god they changed it so that some of it is able to be unlocked from a vendor. So no, the expansion is not worth $20 to me, if anything it feels a bit pay to win how they have new gear locked behind the expansions. It doesn’t cost them any development time to add trailblazer gear or durability runes to the game, but they have decided you have to pay for it. There is no reason they cannot offer this and other gear to people without HoT. I get that they want people to purchase the expansion so they do these things, but it doesn’t change the fact that it adds a pay to win aspect.

As for the legendary armor, I don’t really care as much that I cannot get it on a core account as it provides no statistical advantage, just quality of life, unless of course they would allow all stat combinations to a core account. I will still complain but it is less of an issue to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

To say that HoT was only PvE content is laughable. Not only did it expand the playstyle for all the classes and added another one, they also added DBL without it being attached to the expansion(which was the right call, obviously). Anyway, I’d like to see gliding be free so it doesn’t space out players but at the same time it’s not like a few people getting delayed by a minute at most is going to change the outcome of a battle – If the majority of the player base in WvW were free then I’d be arguing for the change to happen now or to remove gliding since it’s only a trial as of now. As far as the Legendary armor goes, just like Grack said, it’s only cosmetic.

(edited by Izay.8725)

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

go buy as it supports the no subscription

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

JaNordy.6149

Do they pay you to post? WvW has nothing to do with HoT, that armor has nothing to do with HoT, getting the armor does not require anything from HoT. Comparing raids which is HoT content to WvW rewards that are not HoT content is laughable.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

You don’t need to get paid to be willing to support a game.
If you want to keep playing the game for free that’s fine, but then accept the fact you’re not getting everything.
… Pretty much like any free 2 play.

(edited by Deihnyx.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

Do they pay you to post? WvW has nothing to do with HoT, that armor has nothing to do with HoT, getting the armor does not require anything from HoT. Comparing raids which is HoT content to WvW rewards that are not HoT content is laughable.

You’re not really making sense here. Isn’t your complaint actually that some wvw content is HoT — and soon PoF — content? If wvw had nothing to do with HoT then there wouldn’t be any difference between playing f2p, core or HoT in wvw . . .

I think what you’re trying to say is that wvw content shouldn’t be HoT content, not that it isn’t HoT content. And if that is your contention you should provide arguments supporting it, not just say it isn’t so . . .

I can only think of three arguments supporting your position, none of which seem very strong . . :

1) Anet should stop supporting wvw. As wvw is not tied to expansion content, nothing in the expansions should be allowed to affect wvw. As there would then be no difference in wvw whether you are f2p, core, HoT or PoF, anet should not continue to support it as it wouldn’t provide revenue to keep the servers running. Though I guess they could introduce advertising or something . . .

2) Players who enjoy the expansion content — which totally isn’t wvw content in any way — should be forced to support wvw content, even though their expansion content will not be allowed in wvw since that would unfairly advantage players who financially support the game they are playing, which is bad . . .

3) All expansion content should be included in wvw to all players gratis, bc wvw players deserve to have their experience subsidized by players who are willing to purchase the expansion for other game modes, bc reasons . . .

I don’t think your position actually falls into any of those categories bc they don’t really make any sense. But I can’t think of any other way to justify your position. So I am excited to hear your rationale

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Out of curiousity, do PoF only players not use shield gens as well like core only players (besides gliding)?

in WvW

JaNordy.6149

You’re not really making sense here. Isn’t your complaint actually that some wvw content is HoT — and soon PoF — content? If wvw had nothing to do with HoT then there wouldn’t be any difference between playing f2p, core or HoT in wvw . . .

I think what you’re trying to say is that wvw content shouldn’t be HoT content, not that it isn’t HoT content. And if that is your contention you should provide arguments supporting it, not just say it isn’t so . . .

I can only think of three arguments supporting your position, none of which seem very strong . . :

1) Anet should stop supporting wvw. As wvw is not tied to expansion content, nothing in the expansions should be allowed to affect wvw. As there would then be no difference in wvw whether you are f2p, core, HoT or PoF, anet should not continue to support it as it wouldn’t provide revenue to keep the servers running. Though I guess they could introduce advertising or something . . .

2) Players who enjoy the expansion content — which totally isn’t wvw content in any way — should be forced to support wvw content, even though their expansion content will not be allowed in wvw since that would unfairly advantage players who financially support the game they are playing, which is bad . . .

3) All expansion content should be included in wvw to all players gratis, bc wvw players deserve to have their experience subsidized by players who are willing to purchase the expansion for other game modes, bc reasons . . .

I don’t think your position actually falls into any of those categories bc they don’t really make any sense. But I can’t think of any other way to justify your position. So I am excited to hear your rationale

Your post has so many fallacies, I cant remember last time I saw that many. Despite the fallacies I will humor you with my “rationale”. WvW is not part of HoT, nothing about WvW requires HoT, WvW gives rewards based completely in and around WvW without any HoT content, and these REWARDS have NOTHING to do with HoT. I need to repeat things because people cant read. They can block HoT stats because thats HoT, which they already did from stat selection. WvW ONLY ITEMS that have nothing to do with HoT is blocked if you dont have HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

That’s what happens when you pile everyone into the same areas for pvp, eventually people will need to buy the new expansions to keep up with classes specs gear features etc. Other games handle that by having the shiny expansion players playing in their own areas and levels.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

So you expect expansion pack stat gear without buying the expansion? No company would let you do that. None.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Arena Net employees are people too, they need to buy groceries, pay bills, pay off their mortgage, pay for windows their kids broke and everything else adults need to do.

A question to those who honestly think $20 over 2 years is too much to ask for, just how will Arena Net pay these people who made the changes required for the armour if you don’t pay Arena Net for their time?

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

OP the failure is on ur part b/c u are too cheap to support the game u play.

in WvW

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

WvW is not part of HoT, nothing about WvW requires HoT, WvW gives rewards based completely in and around WvW without any HoT content, and these REWARDS have NOTHING to do with HoT. They can block HoT stats because thats HoT, which they already did from stat selection. WvW ONLY ITEMS that have nothing to do with HoT is blocked if you dont have HoT.

You are correct, you are repeating yourself, which means your position has the same flaw it did the first time. If what you are saying here was true, you wouldn’t be upset because there would be no difference between an f2p player playing wvw and a HoT player playing wvw . . .

But in fact there is a difference. Wvw is part of HoT, and will soon be part of PoF. Specializations, HoT stats, gliding, shield generators, etc. are all a part of HoT and affect wvw . . .

What you are trying to argue is that they shouldn’t be part of HoT, and should be included — or not — independently of what version of the game you are playing. If you want to make your point you need to provide arguments to support that contention, not just say it isn’t true . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

A question to those who honestly think $20 over 2 years is too much to ask for, just how will Arena Net pay these people who made the changes required for the armour if you don’t pay Arena Net for their time?

It’s not a question of whether or not $20 over 2 years is too much to ask for. I’ve bought gems a couple of times for things like outfits, a little gold injection to help with a legendary I’m working on, etc.

I only bought HoT this week after refusing to do so for the last two years, in protest at the abomination that is desert BL. For the first 6 months I actually stopped playing the game completely, and only returned when they brought alpine back.

It’s a question of “what does that $20 get me?” I play this game primarily for WvW, so for me desert BL was a complete gamebreaker, the beta feedback for which was almost universally negative but they pushed on with it anyway. Why should I reward Anet for making such a colossal mistake as they did with that map?

In the end I only caved because after 2 years I was tired of being roflstomped by any other player who even farts in my general direction. The power creep has left me unable to compete at all since 2015, and it would be nice to win a fight every now and then, even if it means I have to pay for that privilege.

in WvW

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

if the stat option is HOT, you require HOT, it just that simple.

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!