This game has been out for over a month now

in WvW

Posted by: Ergo Proxy.6219

Ergo Proxy.6219

So stop just running up to towers and attacking the gate like its a raid boss.

Seriously, if your on a server thats losing you might want to try, I dunno, a battering ram?

I’m on Anvil Rock and I keep hoping we will organize and make a comeback one of these days, but if people are going to try to take towers by slamming their face into a gate for 15 minutes until the enemy comes and chases them off its not going to work.

Is WvW simply too complicated for the majority of MMO players? Build seige, take tower, doesn’t really seem like rocket science but nobody wants to do it on my server.

in WvW

Posted by: Karicus.8356

Karicus.8356

taking keep / tower order of attack…

1.. Take out cannons with range
2.. Take out oil with range
1 & 2 can be done at the same time (better with a balista)…all while staying AWAY from the door itself.
3.. Place ram(s) and hit door.
4.. Place catapult to hit door in case they have one inside, stop door repairs and help smash gate.

(taking out the NPC guards is just too basic so i didnt mention it lol)

if any one of the first three things ISNT done.. expect a fail.. Agree with OP, the time has come people to realize beating on a door with your face is tantamount to ringing the door bell and crying out “HI we’re here to steal your DVD player!”

Stormbluff Isle – The Brewery
www.thebrewery.weebly.com

in WvW

Posted by: Karicus.8356

Karicus.8356

in actual fact, i think being able to do any damage to the door with hand weapons should be removed, unless the gate gets to a particularly low state cus lets face it, you’d only really be scratching the polish.

Stormbluff Isle – The Brewery
www.thebrewery.weebly.com

in WvW

Posted by: Sarahphim.1308

Sarahphim.1308

Hmm. I wonder if the devs can’t help by having a server based PvP channel? SWTOR had one. Even if you weren’t qued for PvP people in PvE could shout out on that channel to rally the masses.

I think the big issue is that WvW requires organization and communication on scale that is not traditionally seen in MMOs and is currently not supported. Maybe GW2 could create a new tier of organization — one where entire guilds can join to really ramp up the communication about PvP tactics?

POW! Right to the cranium!