This is not very fun...

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I’ve heard this is the result of transfers, but it’s still not very fun.

If I can only play certain times of the day why should I be punished?

Isn’t the whole ideology behind not fixing the WvW population problem based on not wanting to punish players who play certain times?

What’s the difference?

I give all credit in the world to FA for their success, but it’s currently not even remotely fun given the current mechanics of WvW.

Attachments:

(edited by grifflyman.8102)

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

This is a result of the Glicko rating and matchmaking system.

It adjusts almost too slowly to population changes like the SoR implosion and HoD bandwagon.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Being on the other side of this thread, I can agree, it’s not very fun.

The skill groups have scared away everyone but the WvW guilds, basically leaving a skeleton crew in their place. I still come online and play for 3-4 hours every day, but the scale of how outnumbered we are is pretty intense. I’d love to put up a fight but everyone seemed to have kicked the can by sunday morning…

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Same thing will happen with dragonbrand if they fall down. Karma train na and pvd sea. Ioj and sbi will not stand any chance.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Isn’t the whole ideology behind not fixing the WvW population problem based on not wanting to punish players who play certain times?

What’s the difference?

I give all credit in the world to FA for their success, but it’s currently not even remotely fun given the current mechanics of WvW.

You want not fun?

Check out Henge of Denravi’s fall from the top – similar to FA’s last year – but FA learned their lesson and started buying guilds by the dozen.

We have had guilds leave, people very discouraged and players non-existent on a server that won Silver not even two weeks ago.

It’s after the season ends that there are serious issues in WvW – this kind of inequity is not fun and will turn players to the real world and other gaming events.

I hate sPvP and I don’t like PvE.

I do not watch TV.

I do not go to movies.

I socialize through social media – but only intellectually.

I do have a life but it’s very limited to what I can do – I am disabled.

This is my social outlet, my fun, my “brainstorming” fun and my only outlet that has people in it – I have no family like you sitting there snickering about some of us “complaining”. Please imagine having no family to support you – ever.

Add to that the fact that I am filled with tumors and are in an enormous amount of pain 24/7 —- any outlet that gives one something constructive to do is a welcome relief.

I am sick, I am not stupid, this game is WvW, not PvP and the gaming world wants WvW and they are moving to other venues to find what Anet has but will not improve with or without our input, at all, -even after almost two years.

Three years on – not fixed, not better, Anet now has taken away WvW for Tier 1 by opening BG which is huge compared to Yaks Bend.

Guess what?

Anet hates their own bread and butter, whether it’s WvW or PvP ,which my pets are turned of in now and have been, and no, even Anet has stated after putting in a ticket “too bad” we’re not fixing it and PvE that ABSOLUTELY MUST not be solo’d as well as multiple and sundry skills such as staff #1 lying about hitting THREE enemies…

When are players going to finally realize that Anet hurts itself by not listening to us and prioritizing BROKEN mechanics and bad decisions before adding to the pain and misery in adding a map, that again, can’t be solo’d?

Sad.

I know people who spend hundreds a year in this game – and they will all move when they find a game that is better than this one – and it will come – it’s just a matter of waiting like we did through WoW and Star Wars as well kitten many others that most don’t even remember back to the 1990s.

We paid a lot of money for a game where not everything works and where the customer is tuned out even by support personnel, let alone by those in these forums.

We deserve the game you said was presented – but it’s not as such yet – and you need to do the right thing before you lose your collective paychecks to a better venue.

Players, you’re good, but when the game crashes, you’ve just been told you are bad…

Good luck with that.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Being on the other side of this thread, I can agree, it’s not very fun.

The skill groups have scared away everyone but the WvW guilds, basically leaving a skeleton crew in their place. I still come online and play for 3-4 hours every day, but the scale of how outnumbered we are is pretty intense. I’d love to put up a fight but everyone seemed to have kicked the can by sunday morning…

Hamster, this if anything gives me hope for WvW yet.

There are still very honorable people, like you, who know that a 50-10 fight isn’t “fun” in any way.

You and I have been on both sides of that awful coin.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

This is not very fun...

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

This is the result of transfers and it’s killing the game. Transfers are NOT the answer to kitten WvW mechanics.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

What’s the difference?

You want not fun?

Check out Henge of Denravi’s fall from the top – similar to FA’s last year – but FA learned their lesson and started buying guilds by the dozen.

We have had guilds leave, people very discouraged and players non-existent on a server that won Silver not even two weeks ago.

It’s after the season ends that there are serious issues in WvW – this kind of inequity is not fun and will turn players to the real world and other gaming events.

I hate sPvP and I don’t like PvE.

I do not watch TV.

I do not go to movies.

I socialize through social media – but only intellectually.

I do have a life but it’s very limited to what I can do – I am disabled.

This is my social outlet, my fun, my “brainstorming” fun and my only outlet that has people in it – I have no family like you sitting there snickering about some of us “complaining”. Please imagine having no family to support you – ever.

Add to that the fact that I am filled with tumors and are in an enormous amount of pain 24/7 —- any outlet that gives one something constructive to do is a welcome relief.

I am sick, I am not stupid, this game is WvW, not PvP and the gaming world wants WvW and they are moving to other venues to find what Anet has but will not improve with or without our input, at all, -even after almost two years.

I’m sorry to hear that, and I feel your pain in being disgruntled with how WvW has become a transfer fair for servers to rise and fall.

It’s a kitten shame because they came pretty kitten close to a competitive scene but failed so hard to make the correct changed needed.

If they don’t make major changes in the next year I see the WvW community pretty much moving on to the next best thing.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

This is the result of transfers and it’s killing the game. Transfers are NOT the answer to kitten WvW mechanics.

People are allowed to do what they want to get the most fun out of the game. If it means transferring to a more desirable server, then who are we to say that what they are doing is wrong.

I mean, I’m 100% sure your server is trying to get transfers as well. Let’s not be hypocritical just because one server was more successful than others.

Also, why do you care about the score in the first place? What reason do you have to care for ppt? Just have fun and look for fights.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

People are allowed to do what they want to get the most fun out of the game. If it means transferring to a more desirable server, then who are we to say that what they are doing is wrong.

I mean, I’m 100% sure your server is trying to get transfers as well. Let’s not be hypocritical just because one server was more successful than others.

Also, why do you care about the score in the first place? What reason do you have to care for ppt? Just have fun and look for fights.

I believe he is talking about that free transfer catastrophe before the s2 wvw tournament. I still can’t get over it…
Devona’s Rest is #2 in NA bronze and having to always be pit against Gate of Madness (#1) is depressing. We already know people guess which servers would win and stacked on them (self-fulfilling prophecy).
The fact that there were no free transfers after makes it feel like we’re still in the kitten tournament week after week….

Devona’s Rest

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I don’t understand the whole server swapping thing. I mean, I chose IoJ and regardless of how outnumbered we are, it’s my “home”. I would never consider transferring to get a skin or any other “shiny”. I don’t know why ANet allows this sort of thing?!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

This is not very fun...

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

It’s silly that it’s the end solution to game balance.

How many games have you played before that say, “Oh the teams are uneven, looks like you have to run a campaign ad to get more players to play on your side, good luck spending real money and advertising outside of the game.”

I care about PPT because that’s what the game is designed around. Football, Soccer, Basketball, they are all fun but the ultimate goal is to win.

I fight for my server and my goal is to see my server get better, but when the matches are so uneven it’s no longer fun.

If the match is close, and you know you’ve done everything you can to win and you still lose that’s fine, but when you’ve done everything you can and don’t even come close it’s not really fun.

(edited by grifflyman.8102)

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Hamster.4861

I don’t understand the whole server swapping thing. I mean, I chose IoJ and regardless of how outnumbered we are, it’s my “home”. I would never consider transferring to get a skin or any other “shiny”. I don’t know why ANet allows this sort of thing?!

That’s the right attitude to have -

WvW is challenging because it requires you to have social skills to CONVINCE your allies to play. Once you’ve got them into your zerg it’s a WHOLE NOTHER BALL GAME to get them to zerg well.

This is typically very hard to do as well, because not many players like being talked into changing their builds, EVEN if you know that they will perform better. This takes even better social skills than getting them into the zerg.

Easily half the fun i’ve had in Gw2 has been training militia on IoJ, When I started playing the game a year ago, IoJ was rank 17, and through the cumulative efforts of our WvW community we’ve come up to rank 9 (for the moment).

At the end of the day however, Arenanet will not change how they deal with transfers and the seasons because NCSoft needs to deliver dividends to their shareholders. Such is the price we pay for a Free to Play game.

Props to FA for how well they’ve stacked themselves for T2. I’ll miss them because they’re my favorite way to improve (looking at you INC, oT, DI, BOMB, APS and Wake)

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

but FA learned their lesson and started buying guilds by the dozen.

Dozens? Thousands!!!!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Being on Underworld, I can say that WvW is a joke. It’s all about the world that has the highest active population, and even though we have some dedicated players, we just don’t enough people playing WvW constantly like other servers.

As time goes on and people move to another game, more servers will become empty and there will only be about 3-5 active WvW servers, since people can just transfer to the top servers anyway and get a free win.
It’s sad.

(edited by Davey.7029)

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

I blame the 9 week tourney made the gap in ratings too big for silver and gold league crossover.

too bad SoS/Mag/DB didn’t get to taste HoD’s inflated population

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Yeah, I’m done with this too. Nobody to fight, or when there is, its a number 5x that of my allies. Die, lose structures, take them back when everybody leaves, they return, die, lose structures…

’Don’t play for rewards!’
‘Transfer!’

No, I honestly expected Anet to come up with a solution. If they can’t solve player distribution issues (and I don’t expect that they can, or are willing to make the drastic changes involved), I expected SOME sort of consolation prize for those who won’t ever be able to compete. Not tickets, not a You’re Last! trophy, but something at all to incentivize players to stick to their server even when losing. Instead, I just end up losing for a long time, and knowing way ahead of each loss that it is coming. My loyalty to my server hasn’t been rewarded, it has been punished. Outnumbered was nerfed, not buffed.

Forget it. I don’t play much anymore, I came back to check it out today and its the same story. Since that CDI was announced two weeks ago and didn’t appear on-time last week, it is becoming very clear that the team is some combination of understaffed, underfunded, and under the thumb of the team leads who do not give two kittens about WvW. The longer I wait, the more I expect a real change. Yet now it’s clear the long wait wasn’t because they were working on something amazing – it is because they weren’t working on anything at all.

I stopped buying gems when Season 2 was announced without any changes, the next step is no longer playing.

Hackers/stackers/door attackers, HvSvDA is the new WvW.

(edited by NonToxic.9185)

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Being upset by this is ridiculously illogical, this isn’t permanent, it is only a few weeks, the glicko system is adjusting itself.

Some people still fail to realise that FA was meant to be in Gold League, not Dragonwagon’s Sanctum of Rall-inflated-rating server.

HoD was a FREE TRANSFER band wagon server.
Guilds from FA joined Gold League servers, or the FREE TRANSFER band wagon server for an easy first place win.

These guilds/players that went to Gold or FREE TRANSFER HoD, stated straight away that they would transfer back to FA after the tournament.

T2 aren’t complaining about guilds leaving to go home to FA, so why is T3?

I understand that these last few weeks have been tough in T3, since T3 is only used to pick up groups running around versing other pick up groups. When FA’s skill groups returned and started annihilating these pick up groups I can imagine it is unpleasant to be versing good players on the map, since you’re not used to their existence.

And don’t kid yourself into thinking “but HoD was strong?!?! Why would they leave???”

Band wagon servers aren’t strong. They are driven by easy rewards, they have a weak community, they have no cohesion, they have no resilience when losses come, they break apart just as easily as they started.

Inb4 the usual person who pops up in these threads starts verbally assaulting and bullying certain servers and guilds and players, then plays the innocence card and claims they are mistreated and that they are a shining beacon of innocence and purity even though they’re the one causing problems.

Some people only want rewards, especially if they don’t have to work for it, just stack and free win. So ANet catered to them. People like you and I will never transfer, and don’t care for rewards, but others do so ANet provided.

It’s like sporting teams, people like you and I will barrack for one team, and support and cheer for them forever. Then there are the band wagon type people, who will just cheer for who ever is winning the current year/season.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

(edited by Realist.5812)

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Aren’t DB and FA about to switch though? A recent JQ guild just left for FA and I heard about Agg possibly leaving for FA as well. That should definitely push them up a tier and drop DB.

Maguuma Guardian

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

completly agree with you, this is what we’re getting for three weeks now and most likely next week as well since BP is getting a huge bump of rating off HoD

Attachments:

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Crystal Desert would be more than happy to trade spots with you. We grow tired of SF/NSP and fear we may be in T5 at least another week since BP is leaching off of HoD’s rating.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Aren’t DB and FA about to switch though? A recent JQ guild just left for FA and I heard about Agg possibly leaving for FA as well. That should definitely push them up a tier and drop DB.

DB is not going to be any better than FA. Maybe worse.

I thought IoJ had a big SEA but it doesn’t appear so anymore. So even they won’t have fun against DB’s SEA hoarde.

Honestly I only see one solution. And it is too terrible to contemplate.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: MisterBang.3516

MisterBang.3516

If there was another way FA can move to Tier 2 without this, we would.
PPT is a terrible system that had robbed us and many other servers in so many ways.

I personally am very glad to see SBI and IoJ getting stronger post season… unlike Hordes of Deserters.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

ANet doesn’t know how to handle this game-mode correctly so instead they choose to neglect it.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

ANet doesn’t know how to handle this game-mode correctly so instead they choose to neglect it.

Seems to me like we need to request that they replace the ruins with an Esport Arena, and then we’ll get all the attention we ever wanted. /sarcasm

Seriously ANet wasting all the time and money on Esports would be funny if you were not totally ignoring us in WvW.

And where the kitten is that CDI??

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Vyrance.1723

Vyrance.1723

T2 aren’t complaining about guilds leaving to go home to FA, so why is T3?

I understand that these last few weeks have been tough in T3, since T3 is only used to pick up groups running around versing other pick up groups. When FA’s skill groups returned and started annihilating these pick up groups I can imagine it is unpleasant to be versing good players on the map, since you’re not used to their existence.

T2 isnt complaining because they will have the coverage and population to deal with you all. T3 is complaining because we don’t. It’s one thing to karma train, it’s another to log in and find you all with the population to hold just about every upgraded structure on every map. Makes it a pain to break out.

And I really hope you’re not serious about your good players comment. We were fighting Mag for months on end not too long ago. Believe me when I say that your guild groups are nothing remotely special.

Vyrance – 80 Guardian
GAF – Gaming Age Force // Stormbluff Isle

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

We are used to their existence. We have skill groups. We are used to “good players on the map.” Let me change around your post here a little bit:

I can imagine it is unpleasant to be versing massive quantities of players on the map, since you’re not used to their existence.

That’s better. Yeah, we’re used to smaller populations. Pushing us so high in T3, and going up against huge amounts of players, then losing our own population and still going up against servers with high populations, that’s the issue we’re struggling with right now.

If you think HoDs WvW is made up entirely of pugs, that’s a joke.

Band wagon servers aren’t strong. They are driven by easy rewards, they have a weak community, they have no cohesion, they have no resilience when losses come, they break apart just as easily as they started.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. We do not have a weak community, we do have cohesion, we have resilience when losses come (we are fighting back, after all, despite not having the numbers to counter theirs), and we did not break apart when all the new guilds transferred. We went back to the way things were before.

I find your post quite condescending, actually.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

And I really hope you’re not serious about your good players comment. We were fighting Mag for months on end not too long ago. Believe me when I say that your guild groups are nothing remotely special.

I think the point is that for the first half of the season, we weren’t putting our best foot forward.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Vyrance.1723

I think the point is that for the first half of the season, we weren’t putting our best foot forward.

And yet in the last matchup of the season, we were winning against you all up until Thursday morning I believe. Up until you all decided to pull later hours yourselves. Right now you’ve had an influx of players after seasons, so we’ll have to deal with fighting a larger population for the foreseeable future. It will be rather unfortunate for our players during non-NA time, since our coverage is weak all-around.

Vyrance – 80 Guardian

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Really we gotta make an excuse for why FA didn’t pull all-nighters regularly during the tournament like other servers? We hate the tournaments. Why would we want to sacrifice our sanity by staying up all day er’day?

Look at it this way. All the other servers we fought artificially inflated their numbers and coverage by staying up late and doing other weird things like NA militia commanders taking power naps then waking up to organize SEA. And you did that to your detriment because it doesn’t reflect your “normal operating speed”. So you end up with little idea of how your server’s performance normally would be. That’s a loss in a race cuz you got nothing left when your opponent pulls a power 10 in the last 500 feet (yes, I used to coxswain).

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Hamster.4861

Really we gotta make an excuse for why FA didn’t pull all-nighters regularly during the tournament like other servers? We hate the tournaments. Why would we want to sacrifice our sanity by staying up all day er’day?

well that is clearly a silly, healthy idea.

chaba why would you want to do the healthy thing for your mind and body. There’s a tournament to win.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

well that is clearly a silly, healthy idea.

chaba why would you want to do the healthy thing for your mind and body. There’s a tournament to win.

Guess I’m selfish that way. XD

Chaba Tangnu

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Quite the contrary. ArenaNet know’s exactly how to handle this game-mode correctly…from their perspective. That perspective being how to maximize profits using their current monetization model.

They create the server environment, they announce a tournament, they set up the reward tiers, and they establish the transfer fees. Then they sit back and collect players’ money as those players server hop in pursuit of the digitial shinies ArenaNet has placed before them.

They are simply capitalizing on the human tendency to covet something that is rare or otherwise assigned value. However, in this instance, it’s not something that is intrinsically rare but something that ArenaNet has artificially constructed to be rare by virtue of the system they have designed.

The genius of it all is they are getting players to spend real money (within the context of this discussion, something of real value) to transfer for a digital shiny that has no intrinsic value. They are almost literally minting money out of thin air.

As long as there are players willing to fall for this (and tens of thousands will), ArenaNet will keep doing it and we’ll see no substantive changes to WvW because that would threaten their current revenue stream. From where they sit it’s the age-old, “Why fix what ain’t broken?” argument.

Make no mistake; WvW is in the state it is in due to a very deliberate plan on ArenaNet’s part. At high-level board meetings they aren’t sitting around discussing how to improve WvW in-line with what would make for a “better” WvW gaming experience (“better” being highly subjective, of course).

Instead, they’re reviewing spread sheets and Power Point presentations displaying the profit-loss statements from 2nd quarter 2014 and whether or not the money they made from WvW Season 2 transfers is in line with their financial projections. Now, whether this path is healthy for the game long-term is a topic for another discussion.

Keep repeating the following until it finally “clicks”:

Games are the vehicle by which game developer businesses make money.

When you come to accept this as the overriding goal of ArenaNet (and virtually all game developers, for that matter), then the choices they make with regards to WvW will no longer appear so irrational, ignorant, disconnected, clueless, or out-of-touch. Follow the money.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: dhupp.8103

dhupp.8103

This doesn’t happen to be fun for most people involved btw. :/
As an FA player.. There isn’t anything positive coming from a lack of balance and competition.

The score is currently 181,000 to 87,000 and 78,000..

This doesn’t exactly scream interesting.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I was thinking about transferring to T1 but Kraag talked me out of it. No one should ever transfer in this game again.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

It’s not particularly fun for FA either. It’s unfortunately a necessary evil when jumping to the next tier, which is the goal. While fighting hod was fun, FA never wanted to be in silver league.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Vyrance.1723

Look at it this way. All the other servers we fought artificially inflated their numbers and coverage by staying up late and doing other weird things like NA militia commanders taking power naps then waking up to organize SEA. And you did that to your detriment because it doesn’t reflect your “normal operating speed”. So you end up with little idea of how your server’s performance normally would be. That’s a loss in a race cuz you got nothing left when your opponent pulls a power 10 in the last 500 feet (yes, I used to coxswain).

It’s perfectly fine if you didn’t want to do anything special for the tournament. Since we had lesser numbers, we pulled more hours because we wanted to see if we could pull out the victory. It was a tournament after all. Why not try to do better? Even though we lost the match, we were still pretty happy with how well we did and the fact that you had to pull the extra hours yourselves.

Vyrance – 80 Guardian

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

You won’t see our skill groups if you purposely play when they aren’t on the maps, good point

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Even though we lost the match, we were still pretty happy with how well we did and the fact that you had to pull the extra hours yourselves.

And SBI deserves mad props for that match (see unofficial match-up thread). You helped unleash the FA kraken that didn’t seem to slow down post-season either.

inb4 match-up thread lock.

Chaba Tangnu

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Vyrance.1723

You won’t see our skill groups if you purposely play when they aren’t on the maps, good point

I said we played extra hours. So we would be on for all of NA prime, then keep staying on later than you all. That’s what extra means

Vyrance – 80 Guardian

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Vyrance.1723

Even though we lost the match, we were still pretty happy with how well we did and the fact that you had to pull the extra hours yourselves.

And SBI deserves mad props for that match (see unofficial match-up thread). You helped unleash the FA kraken that didn’t seem to slow down post-season either.

inb4 match-up thread lock.

Indeed! You all have had a pretty good boost since. Hopefully we can rally more people for the rest of the week to keep you all busy.

Vyrance – 80 Guardian

This is not very fun...

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

The point of this thread is that the majority of the time WvW is not fun. I like to call it a “perfect storm” when each server actually has a balanced match up and the score remains remotely close, WvW is incredibly fun, but it’s pretty kitten 80% of the time.

Sure the fights are fun at times, and many people enjoy the open field battles, but the system does not encourage this type of play, nor reward it so the end result is frustration from the player base.

There’s so many interesting things WvW could do.

I even remember them speaking about changing the scoring system from a week to week basis, for example, camps would be worth more points for a week; but of course we’ve yet to see them do that.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

LOL “FA success” Get rolled all season despite at the kitten talk, now buys the guilds they were battling that will leave at the 1st sign of failing.oh jes jes i cant wait. " well you see here…. we didnt want to be in silver league…. for a third time, but our guilds left us…. again

FA #1 Bandcamp central

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

We need to see how FA does in T2. I’d like to see how they compete.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

FA always came in last in t2. They have the “play for fights only” attitude which is why they always fall.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Hamster.4861

FA always came in last in t2. They have the “play for fights only” attitude which is why they always fall.

Whether they rise or fall is not important. because they’re having a blast.

duh.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Yes it sucks. Having been on both ends of this stick (as I am sure many have over the nearly two years) most decent players dislike imbalanced match ups. About the only people who do like it are karma train zerglings.

As for FA, they have gotten significantly stronger these last few weeks. They have good coverage, good population and several strong guilds. The will likely lay waste to DB and probably beat Mags now.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

This is not very fun...

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

I don’t mind being outnumbered in a fight, I don’t mind getting killed over and over and over again.

What I hate is losing simply because my server does not have numbers on during certain times of the day.

When FA shows up on our BL and says, “It’s time for us to flip your map” there’s not much we can do unless it’s our prime time; just like many servers in WvW.

Why not create a map that expands as more players join? For example, if there are only 15 defenders on a BL map, perhaps lock out Hills and Bay, losing the ticks entirely but also not allowing the enemy server to capture that. Thus forcing a fight at the towers or garrison.

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

Whether they rise or fall is not important. because they’re having a blast.

duh.

Hey Buffy – me things they forgot Faith’s advice

“find the fun in it B”

Hmm, maybe its not their fault and they got an Asuran made Buffy-bot or something …

te he he

This is not very fun...

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

As for FA, they have gotten significantly stronger these last few weeks. They have good coverage, good population and several strong guilds. The will likely lay waste to DB and probably beat Mags now.

We really haven’t gotten stronger, we’re just back to our pre-tourney levels (maybe even slightly below.) Tons of people, including me, got bored out of our minds with the tourney and effectively stopped playing WvW.

There will once again be 4 T2 servers and FA and someone else will take turns annihilating IoJ and SBI.