This weeks match ups are a joke...

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Most of the match ups so completely one sided, you’ve got disparities between the top ranked and bottom ranked servers.

A rank 14 server is playing a rank 8 server, a 15 is playing a rank 9.

WvW does not work if one side is completed taken out of the equation. The maps are designed around each side having a presence; otherwise it turns into whoever has the most numbers to take advantage of the weakest server.

The system has utterly destroyed the season.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The system has utterly destroyed the season.

These “tournaments” are fillers for when there’s no content to be released. Best to not take them seriously.

Anyway, not much you can do except skip the week, it’ll show up in their metrics and maybe they’ll act on that?

in WvW

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

They should have figured it out after last season. Swiss tourneys only work when you start out with a level playing field. And tourneys in general dont work with 1 vs 1 vs 1. They should focus efforts on making the normal weekly matchups more balanced, like make the Outnumbered buff an actual buff, and make it pop at a lower enemy presence, not 3×. Also make fortificatons harder to take. Still havent seen any extra rewards for defense which has been promised forever. No we get buffs to already OP golems instead because stacked servers taking a t3 keep in under a minute isnt fast enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

lmao, what did you expect.

That to unregulated server transfers people transferred to the top tiers.
Thanks to that and the bad matching algorithm, the same servers ended up fighting each over and over and over again.

The new algorithm kindda helped, but players had already stacked in the higher tiers.
Now with the swiss style matchup, of course these highly populated server are going to end up fighting against the low populated servers!

Players wanted rewards, only way to do that was to join the server which was guaranteed to win which as usual are BG on NA and SFR on EU.

We’ve been complaining to the devs for 2 years now, coverage is NOT skill!
WvW is all about coverage and numbers, nothing more.

So if you ask me matchups are are joke EVERY week, until anet decide to do something about this.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

People complain when they get the same matchup over and over again against servers as close to their strength as possible. Now they complain when the variety they asked for gives them blowout matches.

Never ending cycle.

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

People complain when they get the same matchup over and over again against servers as close to their strength as possible. Now they complain when the variety they asked for gives them blowout matches.

Never ending cycle.

The thing is, variety and balance aren’t mutually exclusive. It’s not surprising that people want both.

NA Silver in T3/T4 was getting pretty close to having both, with 5 servers (would have been 6) of equal-ish population. Different matchups each week, but not none of them huge blowouts.

Then Anet had to go and announce another season, for whatever terrible reason, upsetting the equilibrium once more. Now we get these terrible lopsided matchups.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just get it already. Tourneys are meaningless with coverage/population issues and they are just fillers/cliffhangers inbetween living story updates. And probably making some money out of transfers of those rewards hungry people stacking on the winning server.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Yea, even trying to play WvW is pointless. TC is simply steam rolling us no matter what time of day it is. I have been a hard core WvW for a very long time. The match ups are just bad. So I will log in once in a great while to see how things are going, but for now, Im done with WvW. Was fun while it lasted.

Getting my New G27 racing wheel today, already have lots of games ready for that. So time to race, and play driving simulators.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Maybe they’ll realize Swiss Style doesn’t work for WvW in Season 4. Maybe they’ll realize imbalance isn’t fun. Maybe they’ll realize having transfer costs based on PvE population doesn’t make sense.

Hahaha, right, what am I saying? The “feature” pack contained three measly crumbs of something new. They’ll never realize anything.

There’s a small sliver of hope with the invite a dev thing. But then they’re all probably playing on BG or SFR or YB.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

There’s a small sliver of hope with the invite a dev thing. But then they’re all probably playing on BG or SFR or YB.

SFR got 0 Dev, Kodasch got 3.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Maybe they’ll realize Swiss Style doesn’t work for WvW in Season 4. Maybe they’ll realize imbalance isn’t fun. Maybe they’ll realize having transfer costs based on PvE population doesn’t make sense.

Hahaha, right, what am I saying? The “feature” pack contained three measly crumbs of something new. They’ll never realize anything.

YB got only 1 dev AFAIK, that’s it. Dunno why you implied all devs play on YB.
Also, I am on YB since release and maybe once I saw a dev over here…..so I have no idea why you included us in that list.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

A-net keeps introducing new wvw seasons without major improves to overall wvw scoring or gameplay. The end of season 2 burn out a lot of wvwers. This season a lot of the players I use to play with do not care anymore. The expectations of wvw getting any major improvements are gone.

The people that are new to wvw get to see why coverage and wvw population determine each servers tier. Each tier has more wvwers, so its impossible for all wvw match-ups to be perfectly balance. Hard to have a competitive match-up with a 24/7 battle and no system in place to encourage low population time to play or the abilities to comeback and beat a more populated server with skillful play.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Never ending cycle.

Yeah, those Eredon Terrace players, they keep complaining about stale matches, lets pair them with BG for a change. I bet they’ll still complain. It never ends.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They are just buying time, reshuffling stuff in the game to hide the fact it is getting really old because they won’t bother to do the important improvements it needs.

Siege disabler is a joke when a horde of 100 zombies from a higher tier server PvD (player vs door) a gate in 15 seconds. Then when they use the siege disabler on you it’s a double joke.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Never ending cycle.

So pretty much….

Attachments:

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

YB got only 1 dev AFAIK, that’s it. Dunno why you implied all devs play on YB.
Also, I am on YB since release and maybe once I saw a dev over here…..so I have no idea why you included us in that list.

I included you because you’re stacked and guaranteed to win Silver League NA. Just like BG is guaranteed to win Gold. And the implication is that the devs won’t realize anything about how unbalanced WvW is becuase they will be cruising to victory.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Never seeing an enemy can be quite boring.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: komokoro.7542

komokoro.7542

As a player playing in FA i should say this tourney is so badly broken. At least for gold league.

Its just so mathematically impossible to play with TC this week.

Its like the other two servers are mere punching bag to entertain TC while they wait to go back to t1 match next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m from TC and although I cannot speak for the server I will tell you that the only difference between a t2 and a t1 server is the defense. If you arn’t willing to do the grunt work of walking yaks, defending towers/keeps, responding (preferable using a chat program) against overwhelming odds, then you lose.

It is nothing personal, but if 90% of the server only wants that sweet sweet lootz then there is much better ways to get it outside of (real) WvW. Simple advise would be placing a few players in every tower/keep with the new siege disruptors. It is not as if we don’t want the competition (we do, bored currently), but you have to have to be willing to give up on most of the loot if you want to compete with t1.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Nice lying there Tommy. Clearly FA and Mag have comparable numbers to BG………..

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

Nice lying there Tommy. Clearly FA and Mag have comparable numbers to BG………..

I don’t honestly care if you believe me or not TBH. But I do know that 5 people in a tower with well placed siege and disrupters can hold off a map blob without breaking a sweat; I know as I did it once last week. FA doesn’t lack the numbers as was seen on reset they just lack the conviction to defend, however mag needs to drop a tier IMO.

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Ok great, TC is comprised of superior players than T2. You guys are better and it’s not the fact that Mag is a completely dead server and FA doesn’t have any non NA primetime coverage at all. You’re up by 600 points per tick because you guys are just better.

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

Ok great, TC is comprised of superior players than T2. You guys are better and it’s not the fact that Mag is a completely dead server and FA doesn’t have any non NA primetime coverage at all. You’re up by 600 points per tick because you guys are just better.

I never said we had superior players, so please quit putting words into my post; I find that quite rude. Even uplevels can put siege disrupters on rams/cats, and as I have said you only need a small presence even if off hours to defend what you have (at very least your keeps). The only thing lacking is the will to hold what is yours. Either way I will be spending my week in PvE getting a few ’cheves because nothing bores me more that an enemy unwilling to show up.

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

because nothing bores me more that an enemy unwilling to fight back.

You’re completely delusional. No one is fighting back because there is no one. 5 players can hold a tower?There are maybe 5 combined mag and FA players on at 5am EST. So if the two servers work together they can hold 1 tower. You’re just completely delusional.

in WvW

Posted by: Eshady.9146

Eshady.9146

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I guess the servers from the bottom tier could easily compete against Tier One if they were willing to fight. Right?
Those 5-6 people playing during the OSX/SEA time could easily hold against 80 player zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

Even a rank 3 server cannot compete with a rank 1 or 2 let alone the other matchups.

WvW Needs a total rethink.

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

I’m from TC and although I cannot speak for the server I will tell you that the only difference between a t2 and a t1 server is the defense..

You sound like you’re someone from BG. There is a big big coverage gap between T1 and T2. And yes I’m on TC too. FA can play defense all they want to but they simply don’t have the numbers to really make an impact. You must have forgotten TC’s T2 days when they got paired with T1?

in WvW

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

I’m on TC and I feel this week is awful matchup for us all. We are vs servers that do not have the numbers to compete. It’s really sad to see for all servers. We are Outnumbering them by a landslide and it is not fun and being the underdog for them is not fun. It’s discouraging more and more players to not participate at all.

Wish there was a better way to matchup and balance it more. It’s really sad. I don’t like going to wvw to see us own all and they seriously struggle for a few captures. It’s not fun.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I never said we had superior players, so please quit putting words into my post; I find that quite rude. Even uplevels can put siege disrupters on rams/cats, and as I have said you only need a small presence even if off hours to defend what you have (at very least your keeps). The only thing lacking is the will to hold what is yours. Either way I will be spending my week in PvE getting a few ’cheves because nothing bores me more that an enemy unwilling to show up.

That is what you implied. Going on about being in comms, walking yaks and what the players choose to do is very much talking about them personally and not whatever characters they happen to be on. No T2 server has the coverage to take on any T1 server. At this point it’s like you’re trying to con people into showing up to a no fun, no win situation to entertain you.

I uploaded this pic in another thread recently, we were ticking 620 at like 1am pacific. How many uplevels tossing anti siege grenades you think died defending that?

Attachments:

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Deso matchup may not be the fair one for FSP and Gandara, but communities and people from both servers are so much more social . Greetings for them, for awesome dolyak raids!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m from TC and although I cannot speak for the server I will tell you that the only difference between a t2 and a t1 server is the defense. If you arn’t willing to do the grunt work of walking yaks, defending towers/keeps, responding (preferable using a chat program) against overwhelming odds, then you lose.

It is nothing personal, but if 90% of the server only wants that sweet sweet lootz then there is much better ways to get it outside of (real) WvW. Simple advise would be placing a few players in every tower/keep with the new siege disruptors. It is not as if we don’t want the competition (we do, bored currently), but you have to have to be willing to give up on most of the loot if you want to compete with t1.

If you were actually on TC, you’d know that there is a lot more difference between T1 and T2 than that.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Seriously, this has been an issue since launch. The majority of matches are not fun. When are we as a community going to throw are hands in the air and move one? Me? I’m ready to find something ells to occupy my time with.

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Just like to add that MAG/FA don’t play the tryhard game anymore. In our extensive research on how to beat K-train off hours over-stackers we came to a shockingly simple solution…. deny them karma. At a certain point in the night say 11:30PM PST-12:00AM PST we simply stop playing the game till SEA/EU, and anyone that is on will not try to take anything bigger than a camp. TC OCX/SEA is gonna be so bored by Tuesday they’ll be dreaming about T1 again if not already.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

You must have forgotten TC’s T2 days when they got paired with T1?

He’s probably one of the bandwagon transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

TC now gets to see why most of SoS offhour fight guilds have jumped ship to T1 lol.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

ANet is trying really hard to kill this game 1 patch at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

a single tear just rolled down my cheek.

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Always look at the bright side of life, the stacks are right by your spawn. I hate running to the other side of the map just to get my guard stucks.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

Well I had a decent response, but I’m just fed up about that coverage bs… anet fix your freaking game (that includes siege disablers … since they do nothing else than being a pain for when you actually want to play offensive against better coverage).

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Try seeing an enemy zerg which is twice as large as your zerg run away from you without a single skills used against you!

Fights = lost time capping a tower = lower PPT

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I’m from TC and although I cannot speak for the server I will tell you that the only difference between a t2 and a t1 server is the defense.

I’m from TC and I’m pretty sure the only difference between T2 and T1 is that T1 has about 5 times the population.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Try seeing an enemy zerg which is twice as large as your zerg run away from you without a single skills used against you!

Fights = lost time capping a tower = lower PPT

Yeah that’s one of the mayor problems of WvW, PvD is the superior strategy, for personal rewards as well as for PPT.

The scoring function as well as personal rewards should really be adapted, such that conquest against to few defenders neither give personal rewards nor should the objectives acquired by PvD count towards scoring.

One the other side a successful defense event should give much more rewards and a successful conquest against an admissible number of defenders should give more rewards than today.

Would also help against imbalance and coverage, as they are nothing else then PvD by the superior side.

If you need an enemy to get something, overstacking and night-raids make much less sense.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: neptunechild.4831

neptunechild.4831

As a player playing in FA i should say this tourney is so badly broken. At least for gold league.

Its just so mathematically impossible to play with TC this week.

Its like the other two servers are mere punching bag to entertain TC while they wait to go back to t1 match next week.

I am from TC and I was in the your shoes last week when we fought against BG. At first I was happy about this week’s matchup cuz I thought finally we didn’t have to fight Blobgate but now there isn’t a soul in borderlands… the whole wvw system is so broken and anet just won’t give a kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

So get off the zerg wagon and do some small scale 10-5 or less.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m from TC, and after getting stomped by BG last week I’ll admit that part of me is kind of glad that we have an “easy” week. Still, I can understand the frustration of the under-strength servers.

I wonder… Would the servers actually welcome an unofficial strategy of the two weaker servers automatically teaming up to fight the bigger one? JQ and TC did this last season against BG, to great effect. Looking at the scores this season, I think that many of the servers are actually at a place where the two weaker servers, when combined, would have the numbers and coverage to effectively compete against the bigger one.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Looking at the scores this season, I think that many of the servers are actually at a place where the two weaker servers, when combined, would have the numbers and coverage to effectively compete against the bigger one.

In the lower tier some coverage gaps are shared by both of the losing servers. That tends to be the main reason why they lose. It does not matter if they can push the leading server off of the map when they have coverage. It is those time when the winning server 695 them for a couple of hours that enables them to win.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

I’m on TC and I’m not playing much this week. I mentioned in guildchat next week is is TC vs. 4 skritt with butter knives vs Aunt Minny’s bridge group.

FA started off Ok, but they don’t have the coverage and as the week goes on they will have a lot of difficulty building a waypoint anywhere while Magumma has few playing.

Not sure what to do unless you start from scratch and make the game race-based like humans vs elves vs orcs.

I sympathize for the lower pop. servers in whatever match they arein.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Always look at the bright side of life, the stacks are right by your spawn. I hate running to the other side of the map just to get my guard stucks.

This post wins the thread, and not in a good way. Love it.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I’m from TC, and after getting stomped by BG last week I’ll admit that part of me is kind of glad that we have an “easy” week. Still, I can understand the frustration of the under-strength servers.

I wonder… Would the servers actually welcome an unofficial strategy of the two weaker servers automatically teaming up to fight the bigger one? JQ and TC did this last season against BG, to great effect. Looking at the scores this season, I think that many of the servers are actually at a place where the two weaker servers, when combined, would have the numbers and coverage to effectively compete against the bigger one.

Heh, we got Blackgate and Jade Quarry this week.

Feel like I’m in a fight with the Terminator.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)